Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Demarcus Lawrence is non existent

But this time because his foot exploded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
PArsons was only playing EDGE because half of Dallas's d line was out.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Here's one for Doltos:

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1443206925500432391?s=19

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Jaylon Smith has looked really bad this year.

https://twitter.com/bracketdan/status/1442861840921366528?s=20

He has been doing cringy poo poo like this for too long.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

woah you think your guy is good? sorry my team actually sucks balls! :smugdog:

Lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1443245933299478535?s=19

nowhere to go but up

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Unless I'm missing something here which I might be because numbers have changed and I can't tell who's a safety or not, it's pretty obviously number 9 up the b gap. Eagles pulled their RT to the A gap and and their weakside TE to seal off the outside for the B gap and 9 over committed into the C gap.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Jerry was so proud of himself for drafting a stud, but oft injured linebacker in the 2nd round with Sean Lee, he thought he'd try again but this time he got a healthy, but oft bad linebacker in the second round.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Kinda weird he says that's his job when the orders to pass are coming from upstairs. :tinfoil:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Foot Ball Team fans are getting drowned out by us assholes, so here is some interesting info for them from Sunday:

quote:

1. Whenever there’s a discussion of Washington’s pass rush, that usually means Young and fellow defensive end Montez Sweat. Defensive tackle Jonathan Allen, who leads Washington with three sacks, is next among linemen. Sunday’s star was Daron Payne.

According to Pro Football Focus, Payne, known primarily as a run enforcer, led all defensive linemen with 11 quarterback pressures in Week 3. The defensive tackle’s 32.5 pass-rush win percentage against blocking ranked fifth. Yet Rivera noticed issues within Payne’s nine pressures and two quarterback hits.

At times, Payne won his battle, “but unfortunately, the end wasn’t coordinated with him,” Rivera said. “He did a nice up-and-under move and got himself back inside, (and) we had the end wash around to the outside. A couple of times when the end went to the outside, Daron made a nice outside move as well. So, we had two guys outside. … You can’t have two guys going into the same area.”

Washington, without 2019 sack leader Matt Ioannidis because of a knee injury, only blitzed on 12.9 percent of Buffalo’s dropback passes, the fourth-lowest rate among teams, per TruMedia.

It still finished with a robust 40.4 percent pressure rate, according to PFF, but only one sack. Better coordination could boost the efficiency against an Atlanta line allowing pressure on 29.7 percent of dropbacks, the ninth-lowest rate. The film also showed players did not stay with the action after their initial move met resistance or the quarterback broke containment.

Young finished with a 15.4 pass-rush win percentage, per PFF, with Allen at 12.5 and Sweat at 9.4. Tim Settle, Ioannidis’ replacement, registered a 33.3 percent rate on 15 snaps. He was Washington’s top-rated defender overall.

So in a lot of ways, the defense is still there, just some things keeping it from coming together on sunday. Expect them to put the fuckin screws to ATlanta.

The offense, however...

quote:

Heinicke caught one of his deflected passes, meaning he finished with as many receptions as starting wide receivers Dyami Brown and Adam Humphries combined.

In terms of expected points added, a statistic designed to show the value of points per play, Washington ranked 29th last season with minus-0.1, per TruMedia. In the middle of the league after two weeks at 0.01, that ranking crashed Sunday to 29th at minus-0.31. The only teams ranked lower started rookie quarterbacks.

Last season, the offense generated 47 “big plays,” runs or receptions of 20 or more yards. That’s 2.94 per game. This season, Washington is averaging 2.3 big plays, tied for 26th. Those plays against Buffalo? Gibson’s touchdown catch and Heinicke’s 37-yard pass to McLaurin. That’s the list.

Yikes.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've always been a proponent of just throwing the coaching reigns to some random instead of the constant dreadful nepotism rehire carousel, but sirrachi might be a case study in why actually it's good to keep giving coaching jobs to long storied failures.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/sportsradiowip/status/1443550181912424451?s=21

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh gently caress no

gently caress no

I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO LIVE LIKE A STEELERS FAN

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fam, you got the ring already, you don't need to keep enduring this

Not a soul would blame you for bailing till he's gone*

*The he can apply to whomever you want, Deshaun, Howie, Lurie

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

gently caress the Eagles (if this happens).

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chris James 2 posted:

Fam, you got the ring already, you don't need to keep enduring this

Not a soul would blame you for bailing till he's gone*

*The he can apply to whomever you want, Deshaun, Howie, Lurie

Yeah if this happens I’m out

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Eagles fans, I hate your team as required, but I don’t want it to be for this.

The only acceptable reason for them to trade for Watson is so they can feed him to :gritty:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Getting morality lectures from cowboys fans is rich

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also there is no point to getting Watson as there is no offensive line

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

yeah in a vacuum I don’t think they’re a playoff team (in a normal division) just swapping Hurts and Watson

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

The one positive to signing him, him going there or Miami gets him killed in two-three games max

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I'm calling bullshit again.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Chris James 2 posted:

The one positive to signing him, him going there or Miami gets him killed in two-three games max

Doing what coward Goodell refuses to do

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Could be a Houston leak for sure who knows

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I've been right that it was bullshit twice already; nobody advertises that they're trying to acquire a player (thereby driving up the cost), and Howie, for all his faults, is not dumb enough to trade away all their incoming draft capital to acquire a QB who may very likely never play another down of football.

It's a perfectly worded leak by the texans or Deshauns agent, because Philly's front office can't come out and confirm or deny their inner communications, and it gets eagles fans clamoring right after a tough loss, putting pressure on the admin.

Maybe I look like an rear end in a top hat in 3 days, but I'm planting the flag, and trying to go 3-0.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Could be a Houston leak for sure who knows

Chris Simms, sounds familiar, wasn't he a college QB in some southern state???

Can't recall him having particular ties to Philadelphia???

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

couldn’t a team make a trade contingent on snaps? like trade their firsts in 23 24 25 but if he doesn’t play 20% of snaps in a given season it turns into a 7th? feels like that’s Houston’s best shot at getting anything at all for him in the next eighteen months

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes I’ve seen snaps be condition

Iirc

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hope you’re right blarzgh. Also Watson had a bad line and receiving group in Houston outside of two big timers on the outside, so I don’t think he’d struggle as much as you might want him to. All we’d have to do is fix our defense from there and that can be done somewhat thru FA.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

couldn’t a team make a trade contingent on snaps? like trade their firsts in 23 24 25 but if he doesn’t play 20% of snaps in a given season it turns into a 7th? feels like that’s Houston’s best shot at getting anything at all for him in the next eighteen months

Not the trade, per se, but the conditional pics that you send over for the player, for sure. I feel like this happened recently, but with number of starts? For sure you can do it by team record/playoffs.

I think taking on the players contract is irreversible, however. If Philly trades for watson, then they have to pay whatever portion of the contract they trade for.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cowboys are way beyond the eagles even if they had Watson

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don’t really think so actually, but they are definitely good on offense.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

blarzgh posted:

Maybe I look like an rear end in a top hat in 3 days, but I'm planting the flag, and trying to go 3-0.

Why wait?

Gottem! :c00lbutt:

Yeah it's probably bullshit but what is this thread if not an excuse to be angry about both our own and each other's teams?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Team speed on Monday night was apples and oranges

It was like the SEC playing the MAC

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The eagles only hope for further wins is beating up on the Giants who should be relegated to the Patriot League

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Hope you’re right blarzgh. Also Watson had a bad line and receiving group in Houston outside of two big timers on the outside, so I don’t think he’d struggle as much as you might want him to.

And houston was 4-12 that season, despite him having his best statistical year at QB. I wouldn't say I care one way or the other if he struggles, per se, but he's an obvious upgrade for pretty much every team in football, from solely a talent perspective, so just from that point of view, I'd rather not see him elsewhere in the NFCE.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

Team speed on Monday night was apples and oranges

It was like the SEC playing the MAC

That’s scheme which can vary based on who is under center. Reagor and Smith are lightning. Our receiving and running groups aren’t as good as Dallas’ but they aren’t bad man, I promise. It’s trauma from the last 2 you’re feeling

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

blarzgh posted:

And houston was 4-12 that season, despite him having his best statistical year at QB. I wouldn't say I care one way or the other if he struggles, per se, but he's an obvious upgrade for pretty much every team in football, from solely a talent perspective, so just from that point of view, I'd rather not see him elsewhere in the NFCE.

But I heard that QB = winz?

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
In a vacuum, Watson certainly would immediately put them in wild card contention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who? The eagles ?