Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I mean that was Brexit and who was responsible for that...

Lmao thoigh

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1443460194374148097?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I wasn't paying attention, why did Britain run out of gas?

* Calm summer - less wind power, and less oil and gas reserves for winter
* Dry summer - less hydro power, climate-issues generally affect everyone and drive up demand while driving down supply
* Brexit - less labor imported for transporting fuel around
* Ageing workforce
* Government recently closed a tax loophole on self-incorporation, which also forced a bunch of truckers into early retirement or other careers

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 07:53 on Sep 30, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

https://twitter.com/JAHeale/status/1443209171856465924?s=19

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Our racial trait is the ability to live in a swamp? Can we respec, because someone hosed up on the character creation screen.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

it dont matter posted:

Our racial trait is the ability to live in a swamp? Can we respec, because someone hosed up on the character creation screen.
Know who else can live in swamps? The Argonians. Therefore, the British have to be lizard people!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Wait! It's.... Blue Steel!

Kieth also can't turn Left

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

it dont matter posted:

Embrace Shrek

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

it dont matter posted:

House Reed in GoT live in a swamp, but they have a cool floating castle that can change location to hide from invaders. Their lord is Howland Reed so it's Howl's Moving Castle.

If Britain tried to do the same the castle construction would be outsourced to a third party for £50 billion and would promptly sink due to not being tested in swamp-like conditions.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

frankenfreak posted:

Know who else can live in swamps? The Argonians. Therefore, the British have to be lizard people!

Please don't besmirch the noble lizard people with this comparison.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

House Reed in GoT live in a swamp, but they have a cool floating castle that can change location to hide from invaders. Their lord is Howland Reed so it's Howl's Moving Castle.

If Britain tried to do the same the castle construction would be outsourced to a third party for £50 billion and would promptly sink due to not being tested in swamp-like conditions.

Government inquiry rules that sinking below the water still counts as moving. Project delivered to spec, bonuses for everyone

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/cstross/status/1443234347016986628

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

frankenfreak posted:

I KNEW IT

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Every cab driver in Belfast this morning: "Clown shortage? Sure we've a whole building full of them up at Stormont! :hurr:"

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Every cab driver in Belfast this morning: "Clown shortage? Sure we've a whole building full of them up at Stormont! :hurr:"

How does he keep up with the news like that?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Give that van driver an award.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
there's no way that gently caress doesn't know exactly what he's doing when he posts those tweets where he's ostensibly getting his just deserts. It's just engagement bullshit.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

omg

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1443544854475288579?s=19

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
yeah also they did a sterling job at waiting for their mate to wipe his phone before going in and arresting him

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1443192220924977172?s=19

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Ahh, Keith... or some say, Kier...
Grant us eyes, that we might keep them on the object.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/status/1443552130007248897?s=20

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
but but the judge said!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oh look. good thing this is about to be legal thanks to kieth abstaining

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1443559013371760643?s=20

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/BierStarmer/status/1443203986534830082

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ian dunt was a big eurosceptic up until the referendum at which point he rebranded into a remainer and running the remainiacs podcast lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm not going to look but the first reply to each Ian dunt tweet had better be 'ian oval office'

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jose posted:

ian dunt was a big eurosceptic up until the referendum at which point he rebranded into a remainer and running the remainiacs podcast lol

I wonder if anyone is going to bother paying old dunty's bills. What's he good for now that there's no opposition party left?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
nah twitter gets REALLY touchy about it, american company and all. i have tons of scots on my feed who routinely decry it as cultural imperialism.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Shows the different levels of Brexit outcomes has had.

UK: Oh poo poo there is no food or fuel and soon no Christmas!
NI: Oh poo poo there is no part time kid entertainers!

NI got all these fueled up clown cars, no body to get into them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CoolCab posted:

nah twitter gets REALLY touchy about it, american company and all. i have tons of scots on my feed who routinely decry it as cultural imperialism.

It is the true sign that America is the Great Satan, I get suspended for calling Elon Musk a oval office.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

happyhippy posted:

Shows the different levels of Brexit outcomes has had.

UK: Oh poo poo there is no food or fuel and soon no Christmas!
NI: Oh poo poo there is no part time kid entertainers!

NI got all these fueled up clown cars, no body to get into them.

it's a bit weird because like for years the writing was on the wall that NI was going to end up the only habitable region in the union but I couldn't actually work up the motivation to even think about moving there and i'm in an even worse place now than I was so i'm going down with this ship.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Jose posted:

oh look. good thing this is about to be legal thanks to kieth abstaining

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1443559013371760643?s=20

there's some trueanon episodes with a guy discussing the spy cops stuff which are really good(/horrifying/frustrating etc)

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

CoolCab posted:

But it's so misogynistic. You'd have to be a total prick, a real rear end in a top hat, to use a female body part as a swear word!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
e: oh it went protected that was quick here it is

then goes on to say that it was outside new street station, she was arrested for assult, cctv exonerated her

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

good job kieth

https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/1443576733999845381?s=20
https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/1443576965101850630?s=20

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

lmao if the Tories announce it at their conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

lmao if the Tories announce it at their conference.

I'd put money on them doing just that. Some of them are at least canny enough to realise that their continued wealth relies on people at the bottom having enough money to afford poo poo, that their business chums would see most of that extra cash flow to them in increased spending and that higher pay generally improves productivity. Then you have the 'Blue Wall' MPs who want a headline policy to cling to come the next election and can point to this as a literal example of 'levelling up - raising the bottom up not cutting the top down like those envious Marxist'. It can be spun as a Brexit Bonus and proof that we're entering the sunlit uplands and the end of wage repression. If that poll is remotely accurate it's a highly popular policy and even the most ghoulish Tories will see it as a brilliant stick to beat Starmer's Labour with and keep hammering the "out of touch London lawyer who just wants to keep you down" narrative.

Frankly Labour and Starmer deserve it, just for displaying such a complete lack of political nous, let alone any sort of principles.