Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

petit choux posted:

Anyone that wants to get mellow can turn around and get the f&*(^ out of here

-- Congressman Theodore Nugent

To quote the sign on the broken Ted Nugent clock at my favorite bar. The Nuge is Wrong. Seriously. gently caress Ted Nugent.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I was actually trying to tie it back to the Klaudt family album but in the end it was already getting belabored enough. Joe Speaks puts an interesting spin on the arguments though. I feel like it's okay to have racist characters in fiction but publishing their juiciest racisms in collected edition removed from context is definitely questionable, and presenting them like "make your own judgment" seems... yeah, much closer to the contemporary Nazi tactics ("just inviting spirited debate") than collecting Nazi songs in a box saying "these are the songs the loving evil Nazis sang".

Yeah. The Joe Speaks record wasn't a good idea. There were a few funny moments that I would sample but Peter Boyle portrays the proto super chud. The only people that would put that record on and listen to it would be racist assholes. Kinda like that Nazi record. Even if I was interested in researching WW2 there is no reason to need that record in this day and age. The only person that is gonna buy that is someone who wants to display the big swastika on the cover. Lol just look at the reviews on amazon. It is also banned from discogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

petit choux posted:

As are all the old Jefferson Airplane albums. I'm vaguely curious about how they became an 80s hair band. This is the only thing I've encountered from Starship that I've liked at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efvLIZZRKZk

I fuckin' LOVE "Jane", but that might just be because the classic rock station was one of the few things I really enjoyed about GTA IV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqaQS3ZKnWw

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Disco music is the best for Christmas in America. With drugs, preferably. Helps me through the disposable bullshit-palooza that we call Christmas every year.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Oh hey two records I've been waiting on showed up today. Shame the Lice jacket got so beat up in transit but the record itself is safe so it's fine. It even comes with a book and pins with the bands logo so that's cool. Also it's an excellent loving record, go listen to it. e: title is WASTELAND: What Ails Our People Is Clear

internet celebrity fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 28, 2021

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

What up Pika Weed buddies, mine came yesterday. Sounds fine, just like the mp3s I've been listening to. And since I bitched they must have felt guilty because I got three random download codes for other albums that Tiger Blood Tapes sells. I redeemed one but the other two aren't quite my cup of tea. The random Pikachu Noticed the Weed code in red is from an email waay back in April when I first inquired about the situation with them taking the album down. I'm unsure if it still works (I didn't use it) so try it at your own risk.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Turbinosamente posted:

What up Pika Weed buddies, mine came yesterday. Sounds fine, just like the mp3s I've been listening to. And since I bitched they must have felt guilty because I got three random download codes for other albums that Tiger Blood Tapes sells. I redeemed one but the other two aren't quite my cup of tea. The random Pikachu Noticed the Weed code in red is from an email waay back in April when I first inquired about the situation with them taking the album down. I'm unsure if it still works (I didn't use it) so try it at your own risk.

I was bummed that I didn’t get it downloaded before they removed it for download, so I used yours! Thanks! I also used the other two! Greedy!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

pwn posted:

I was bummed that I didn’t get it downloaded before they removed it for download, so I used yours! Thanks! I also used the other two! Greedy!

No problem, glad the pika code still worked! And yeah it was a good thing I'm pretty quick on downloading stuff directly after purchase from bandcamp, definitely paid off in this instance.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I like that people are now selling Pikachu Noticed the Weed on discogs for $420 but am disappointed they didn’t set the shipping to 69 cents.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Ballz posted:

I like that people are now selling Pikachu Noticed the Weed on discogs for $420 but am disappointed they didn’t set the shipping to 69 cents.

There's more than one now? I must admit the $5 shipping on the one I saw did ruin the joke a bit.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
:confuoot:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Anyone have any idea what's the deal with Agaetis Byrjun by Sigur Ros? I keep hearing that there will be a reissue out this year, but I've been trying to figure out for months, and nobody seems to know when. At one point Amazon had a preorder page up and I preordered it, but the release date kept on shifting, so I canceled.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/pr...ds&_ss=e&_v=1.0

I don't know if anyone had any interest in this but Plaid Room has the LCD Soundsystem live album reissue, nice price too. Mine arrived the other day, haven't had the chance to listen to it yet but it was packed well.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Autechre’s Chiastic Slide and LP5 are being rereleased. Awesome timing since I was about to pay 100 bucks for LP5 this week on Discogs.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
hell yeah, it's about time. hope they keep on going down the line, I'd probably buy every single Autechre album

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
https://getondown.com/collections/a-tribe-called-quest/products/the-low-end-theory-45-boxset?variant=40404794998980

Ever wanted to listen to Low End Theory in the most inconvenient and expensive way possible? Well here you go

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Nihonniboku posted:

Anyone have any idea what's the deal with Agaetis Byrjun by Sigur Ros? I keep hearing that there will be a reissue out this year, but I've been trying to figure out for months, and nobody seems to know when. At one point Amazon had a preorder page up and I preordered it, but the release date kept on shifting, so I canceled.

Well I don't know whose pressing that, but here's a copy paste of an email I got today from a bandcamp label:

Ripple Music posted:

Hey Waveriders! I wanted to continually keep you abreast of the state of vinyl pressing in the world right now. Due to a number of converging problems, most involving Covid restrictions, some involving the Suez Canal problem, worldwide supply chain issues, and tremendous demand for vinyl pressing by the major labels, vinyl pressing is experiencing and unprecedented delay. Vinyl pressing times worldwide have extended out to 8 months minimum, and I've heard some labels complain of times as long as 11 months or a year.

Not much we can do about this, but Ripple plans to keep pumping out the tunes true to our release schedule, with digital and CD's available on release day. Then, when the vinyl comes in, we'll work overtime to ship your orders as quickly as we can. So, if you've ordered and it hasn't arrived yet, don't fret. We haven't lost any orders and your order isn't lost in transit. Last vinyl to arrive was Turned To Stone Chapter 3, if you'd like to gauge where we're at.

We'll stay on top of it, and I'll do my best to keep you informed.

Cheers

tl;dr is 8 to 11 months worldwide delays and I'm probably not gonna get the vinyl for an album debuting tomorrow anytime soon.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
So I've recently been made aware of this AI software you can use during Zoom calls where you train it and it then filters out anything that isn't your voice. It works really well! And it got me thinking, could you not do the inverse for surface noise? Would it be possible to make a chip that can filter out surface noise as like a plugin on your audio cables? Whoever invents this is gonna get super rich. If indeed it's possible to do!

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

pikachu noticed the weed is funky but it definitely has 0 to do with pokemon lol

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

JAMOOOL posted:

So I've recently been made aware of this AI software you can use during Zoom calls where you train it and it then filters out anything that isn't your voice. It works really well! And it got me thinking, could you not do the inverse for surface noise? Would it be possible to make a chip that can filter out surface noise as like a plugin on your audio cables? Whoever invents this is gonna get super rich. If indeed it's possible to do!

Get ready to be targeted for death by analog purists.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
You won't believe this ONE device will turn all your records into white hot stampers
*techtuber surprised face thumbnail*

I think for it to truly work in pain-in-the-rear end analog fashion, you must crank the white hot stamper adapter once every 30 revolutions.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Barry posted:

https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/pr...ds&_ss=e&_v=1.0

I don't know if anyone had any interest in this but Plaid Room has the LCD Soundsystem live album reissue, nice price too. Mine arrived the other day, haven't had the chance to listen to it yet but it was packed well.

BOUGHT.

JAMOOOL posted:

I believe there was a Japanese laser turntable that had that option, but ofc it affected sound quality.

Turbinosamente posted:

Well I don't know whose pressing that, but here's a copy paste of an email I got today from a bandcamp label:

tl;dr is 8 to 11 months worldwide delays and I'm probably not gonna get the vinyl for an album debuting tomorrow anytime soon.

This is why I'm not giving myself a set date for when my album is finished because I'd ideally like all versions of it be released at the same time.

So 2023.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

JAMOOOL posted:

Doesn't Audacity have a "remove pops and clicks" filter thing?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

There were cassette decks that applied real-time digital hiss reduction. Don't know why someone couldn't make an on-line box (or just a PC program) to do that with vinyl pops and clicks. It would be a great gimmick for an entry-level turntable where buyers don't care about digital vs analog.

https://youtu.be/v14AEKgX29U

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

wa27 posted:

It would be a great gimmick for an entry-level turntable where buyers don't care about digital vs analog.

At that point why not just buy a CD player?

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
This already exists as a real time vinyl nose remover :homebrew::

https://sweetvinyl.com/products/sc-2-plus

There’s also software that can do it after the fact for needledrops. I use ClickRepair and sometimes it’s like magic.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
E: quote is not edit

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

lol every time you see a piece of stereo equipment that's shiny silver with 2 knobs on it you just know the thing is gonna cost like 4000 bucks

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Soundtracks for the Blind is getting another pressing in case anyone wants to grab it for retail before it's 300 dollars on discogs again: https://younggodrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/soundtracks-2018

edit: nevermind it's gone

internet celebrity fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 1, 2021

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

CPL593H posted:

At that point why not just buy a CD player?

Vinyl is enjoyable for reasons other than the Superior Analog Sound. At least to some people.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

im so bad at knowing what speed to play records at

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I accidentally played my Falco "Rock Me Amadeus" single at the wrong speed once....when the song is slowed down, the girl in the intro sounds like a very flamboyant drag queen flirting with an audience member.

"Ooooooooooooh.....ROOOOCK me, Aaammadeusss!"

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

any manufacturer who doesn't make the correct speed obvious (either by marking it somewhere or just poking a bigger hole in a 45) has already hosed up

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

the newest Battles record is a 45 but it's not really clearly marked anywhere and if you play it at 33 it takes the whole first side before you notice it's at the wrong speed. after looking online I found I was definitely not the only one!!

Read After Burning posted:

I accidentally played my Falco "Rock Me Amadeus" single at the wrong speed once....when the song is slowed down, the girl in the intro sounds like a very flamboyant drag queen flirting with an audience member.

"Ooooooooooooh.....ROOOOCK me, Aaammadeusss!"

i just got a copy of Falco 3 and was disappointed that two of the big singles ("Rock Me Amadeus" and "Vienna Calling") were presented in extended remix versions that strip most of the hooks out of the songs! what the hell!??

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

IG-88 posted:

im so bad at knowing what speed to play records at

Just play them at whatever speed sounds good to you.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

sporklift posted:

Just play them at whatever speed sounds good to you.

:hai:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
If my turntable went 78 rpm I would have the largest alvin and the chipmunks collection in the world

Edit: looking for chipmunks in low places white hot stamper hmu

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 2, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Bloodplay it again posted:

If my turntable went 78 rpm I would have the largest alvin and the chipmunks collection in the world

Edit: looking for chipmunks in low places white hot stamper hmu

I don't know if you mean 16 RPM because of those things on youtube that actually sound cool or if you actually mean 78 RPM because you're a lunatic.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pylyf7TM62w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

internet celebrity posted:

Soundtracks for the Blind is getting another pressing in case anyone wants to grab it for retail before it's 300 dollars on discogs again: https://younggodrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/soundtracks-2018

edit: nevermind it's gone

When it gets posted to r/vinylreleases it's over. It's so bad even the Theohsees subreddit is very adamant about not cross-posting before fans get a crack at picking up new drops.