Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Voidfall is up. 75 eurobucks (~88 freedom dollars) for the game, or 135/$158 for fancy bits. They have a beta rulebook and a TTS mod, which is good because I don't know much else about this game besides "space 4x from Mindclash Games."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
LIVE NOW!

Go have a look, I've worked my bum off on it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/definitely-not-damsels-28mm-women-warriors-for-ttrpg

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

They've already blown away their first set of stretch goals and it's been like an hour

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

Voidfall is up. 75 eurobucks (~88 freedom dollars) for the game, or 135/$158 for fancy bits. They have a beta rulebook and a TTS mod, which is good because I don't know much else about this game besides "space 4x from Mindclash Games."

It seems to lack a hook

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Backed Beast! I love hidden movement games, and that looks like so much fun. :dance:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

That's a really cool project concept! :respek:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh no Stefan!

You minted coins about another culture with your face on it Stefan!

You can't be doing this poo poo in 2021 my guy

Stop Stefan! This isn't cosplay!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Is it just me or is his neck reeeeaaly long?

And why do people have to go and put their mug all over everything? It’s not a box of Wheaties ffs.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
He's really sticking his neck out commissioning that kind of art.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
I feel like the joke is that he's not conventionally attractive and the artwork emphasizes that, or at least that's how he feels about himself and that artwork, and so it's fine when he's poking fun at himself as the big man king who put his own face on his own coins.
Except that doesn't really make it better.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Roundup of things I found interesting
Definitely Not Damsels - Cool looking female minis! By a Goon!
Beast - Love Fury of Dracula? Check this out.
Voidfall - A space game with hex tiles about conquering the galaxy?!?!!?@1212
Eastern Empires - Got 12hrs and 18 people? Wanna talk about how historically accurate tits on a box are? The comments section is for you!
Artisans of Splendent Vale - Colourful book-based co-op RPG akin to Jaws of the Lion
The Vandermist Dossier - For nerds who like puzzle boxes, cause you're a nerd
Keep The Heroes Out - Dungeon Keeper with cute as gently caress meeples
Drop Drive - Sequel to Dungeon Drop. Hope you like picking up tiny cubes off the floor
Paleovet - Dinosaurs are real, and you need to heal their boo-boos
Stefan Feld City Collection - New York & Marrakesh - lol @ price
Reap - Geeeetttttt spooped on

LOL
D20 Fidget Spinner - A ~boutique~ fidget spinner for you m'lord
Meteor Crystal Dice - 100% certified balanced

zachol posted:

I feel like the joke is that he's not conventionally attractive and the artwork emphasizes that, or at least that's how he feels about himself and that artwork, and so it's fine when he's poking fun at himself as the big man king who put his own face on his own coins.
Except that doesn't really make it better.

I get that he probably wants to promote his games, and there is no inherent harm in dressing up in anothers cultures to celebrate it - And I feel like Stefan is probably just a huge rear end dork. However once you start minting coins with your white guy face on it, in another cultures garb, it starts to become more than a little appropriated.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There was also a bunch of cool looking RPGs, but I'm not a huge RPG book guy so someone else should post those for goons.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I truly, sincerely, unironically envy the lifestyle and attention span of someone who looks at a picture like this [Stefan Feld City Collection - New York City & Marrakesh]:

And thinks, "Yes, that is definitely something I will be able to play often enough to justify spending $125 on."

I want your life. And your family and friends. And probably your bank account.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/3HJodEd.mp4

"Should we have numbered boxes?"
"No no. Stickers. That way people can put them on unaligned and ruin their collectors boxes, and they'll look poo poo even if they put them on perfectly"
"...GENIUS"

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Infinitum posted:

https://i.imgur.com/3HJodEd.mp4

"Should we have numbered boxes?"
"No no. Stickers. That way people can put them on unaligned and ruin their collectors boxes, and they'll look poo poo even if they put them on perfectly"
"...GENIUS"

Finally, a NFT for the real world.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Since Sentinels of the Multiverse stuff has been kickstarted occasionally, I figure I’d mention that if you have the Steam version, it just updated to support Workshop content. This means the entire Cauldron fan-made set is available to add in the game for free!
Definitely give it a look, it’s a great addition.

Shlank
Feb 16, 2007

Infinitum posted:

The Vandermist Dossier - For nerds who like puzzle boxes, cause you're a nerd

Going to hijack this and if you're the type of nerd that enjoys stuff like The Vandermist Dossier you should probably also take a look at The Light In The Mist.

I'm not backing this one as it isn't quite for me, but I'm eagerly waiting for The Light in the Mist by the same creators.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

Since Sentinels of the Multiverse stuff has been kickstarted occasionally, I figure I’d mention that if you have the Steam version, it just updated to support Workshop content. This means the entire Cauldron fan-made set is available to add in the game for free!
Definitely give it a look, it’s a great addition.

Guess I’ll buy this game on PC now.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chainclaw posted:

Finally, a NFT for the real world.

If the coins are anything to go by, NFT in this context stands for Not loving Tunisian.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

18 hour warning for people interested in Dog Park
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/birdwoodgames/dog-park-board-game

"What if Wing Span, but Dogs?"
Still think the sleeve looks rear end, everything else looks dope.

Gametrayz as bones is pretty :swoon:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Here are some fancy train minis in stl format for you Infinitum :P

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cgsomafx/deluxe-train-set-30-stl-file-included

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thank you, they will go lovely next to my bedazzled sippy cups
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/witchhunt/dungeon-master-shaper-of-the-cosmos-ttrpg-tumblers

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
Just unlocked on the DEFINITELY NOT DAMSELS KS, ends Sunday!

http://kck.st/3EZ4rDZ

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is there a reason the stretch goals have to be unlocked when you still have to pay for them? Is it like a production cost thing?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

...things that will be cheaper on Aliexpress before the kickstarter even finishes...

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Invalid Validation posted:

Is there a reason the stretch goals have to be unlocked when you still have to pay for them? Is it like a production cost thing?

It's pretty common in minis Kickstarters! Means we have have enough funds to put more into production, but simply giving them away reduces the mark up on the KS and if you're not careful you're one of those fools who promise the world and then crumble and disappear. So I like to be sensible. I'm only a weeny company, of....me. I usually pay upfront to get the sculpts made, and sometimes the master moulds, then the Kickstarters are to get the last leg ready - production moulds and casting.

Infinitum - thanks! As a long time goon, everyone who sees this should back a whole pound at least right?

These arrived from John Morris today! SO BEAUTIFUL!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Imagined posted:

...things that will be cheaper on Aliexpress before the kickstarter even finishes...

This is definitely a thing that already exists and this guy is just ordering a pallet of them with his custom logo stuck on. If you look on AliExpress for 'durian cups' or 'diamond cups' you can buy them in any colour you want for about $10.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

TheDiceBagLady posted:

It's pretty common in minis Kickstarters! Means we have have enough funds to put more into production, but simply giving them away reduces the mark up on the KS and if you're not careful you're one of those fools who promise the world and then crumble and disappear. So I like to be sensible. I'm only a weeny company, of....me. I usually pay upfront to get the sculpts made, and sometimes the master moulds, then the Kickstarters are to get the last leg ready - production moulds and casting.

Infinitum - thanks! As a long time goon, everyone who sees this should back a whole pound at least right?

These arrived from John Morris today! SO BEAUTIFUL!

Out of interest, how do you go about getting a miniature professionally painted? I just googled "John Morris miniatures" and ended up down a rabbit-hole of decades-old-looking websites that give many security warnings when you try to visit them.

(also what do you end up paying? It might be cool to get a friend a 3D printed and professionally painted mini for their birthday or whatever)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

TheDiceBagLady posted:

Just wondering, thanks for the response! They look nice painted.

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

Gort posted:

Out of interest, how do you go about getting a miniature professionally painted? I just googled "John Morris miniatures" and ended up down a rabbit-hole of decades-old-looking websites that give many security warnings when you try to visit them.

(also what do you end up paying? It might be cool to get a friend a 3D printed and professionally painted mini for their birthday or whatever)

Hit up the mini painting thread in this sub forum.

There are lots of pro painters who will charge realistic commission fees that are both obscene and honestly appropriate for the time involved.

There are also a shitload of people who just like painting things and charge barely enough to fuel their addiction to tiny plastic dudes and use eBay or Etsy as a good way to prevent their basement from overflowing with miniature elves.

There's no skill difference between the two and I recommend looking for the latter.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

Me: "Oh, I really like that nasty goblin lady and those snails/slugs. I'll just get a few other add ons."
Me, $111 later: :shepspends:

(Seriously, your stuff heckin' rules.)

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Deep Rock Galactic have announced that they're going to kickstart a board game; currently no real details, just a mailing list to get notified, but keen to see how they do it.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Keep The Heroes Out - Dungeon Keeper with cute as gently caress meeples

Those. Slimes. Mother of God.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

goddamnit stop linking cute meeples :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Hollandia posted:

Deep Rock Galactic have announced that they're going to kickstart a board game; currently no real details, just a mailing list to get notified, but keen to see how they do it.

Rock and stone!

Cant wait to see how it goes.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

What very little there is to see makes it look like they've taken the co-op dungeon crawler and turned it into a dungeon miner. The designer is Ole Steiness(lol, more like Old Steinless), the person who previously did Champions of Midgard.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Gort posted:

Most of the people I use are mega booked up with commercial jobs but yeah there's painters all over the place, for a big variety of cost and talent, all depends what you want. As manatee said, you can ask on most minis places and get a bunch of people. I keep meaning to set up a list on my website of recommended people, as a lot of my customers do commission painting so it would be nice to give them a shout out in a handy place that doesn't rely on my brain.

DressCodeBlue posted:

Me: "Oh, I really like that nasty goblin lady and those snails/slugs. I'll just get a few other add ons."
Me, $111 later: :shepspends:

(Seriously, your stuff heckin' rules.)

YES! Thank you! That is awesome!

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

El Fideo posted:

What very little there is to see makes it look like they've taken the co-op dungeon crawler and turned it into a dungeon miner. The designer is Ole Steiness(lol, more like Old Steinless), the person who previously did Champions of Midgard.
Glad to hear they brought a board game specific designer on for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My friend just launched an RPG, Aegean! Set in a quasi-mythic historical city on the coast of the Aegean Sea, players are government, monster hunters, priests, etc.