Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It also seems to confirm the pretty obvious inference that Wolverine is in the same universe as Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What if Peter and Miles have drastically different suits and movesets.... And you can swap between them mid-combo :getin:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MorningMoon posted:

What if Peter and Miles have drastically different suits and movesets.... And you can swap between them mid-combo :getin:

It's one of several things I *hope* they actually copy from the Arkham games. The side missions in Knight when you partner up with Nightwing, etc. were the best in the whole series to me. To be able to do that with both Spider-Men... :vince:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Lobok posted:

So on Sony's blog Insomniac has a follow-up post about what they showed and the two details that stood out to me are confirmation that Spider-Man is single-player and them saying that Wolverine is still very early in development. So I wonder if that means it won't come out until after Spider-Man 2 (some were wondering if it was going to bridge the gap until then).

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09/marvels-spider-man-2-and-marvels-wolverine-revealed/

If Wolverine comes out after Spider-Man 2 that means they announced a game with a release date beyond 2023 yesterday. Lord almighty.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not super unusual for games to be teased way in advance but it does seem odd for this. Maybe they just wanted to be able to reveal the secret on their own terms.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

Not super unusual for games to be teased way in advance but it does seem odd for this. Maybe they just wanted to be able to reveal the secret on their own terms.

Yeah, it might be because the Firaxas thing leaked before their official reveal, making a poo poo ton of people speculate on what the game was gonna be and then be dissapointed when it wasn't the fictional game they imagined.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The reveal was pretty awesome. Seeing an Insomniac logo makes everyone think one thing but they swerved and gave us something else.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
The real question is will Venom be Eddie Brock, or Harry Osborne with the direction the game's storyline was heading.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Either one basically starts off at the same point. Neither character has any established anti-Spider-Man history in the games.

I wonder how much Venom will be in the game as a villain. I look at the Spider-Man 3 movie with Venom or the first game with Dr. Octopus and it makes me think that it will take most of the story until he is fully created and ready as a final boss battle. Especially if Insomniac wants to put the player in the symbiote suit first.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Comfortador posted:

The real question is will Venom be Eddie Brock, or Harry Osborne with the direction the game's storyline was heading.

I think it's Harry. But speaking of Eddie, it's pretty obvious that Green Goblin will also be here, what with that being teased in the Osborne penthouse. However, a friend of mine floated the suggestion of Eddie being the Goblin rather than Norman. That would be kind of a cool twist and it'd be easy enough to introduce Eddie as an Oscorp employee testing out the Goblin tech or something.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Waffleman_ posted:

I think it's Harry. But speaking of Eddie, it's pretty obvious that Green Goblin will also be here, what with that being teased in the Osborne penthouse. However, a friend of mine floated the suggestion of Eddie being the Goblin rather than Norman. That would be kind of a cool twist and it'd be easy enough to introduce Eddie as an Oscorp employee testing out the Goblin tech or something.

Harry was Venom in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and while it was a more kiddy show it worked out pretty well in my opinion.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Another thing I'm wondering, they showed the spider emblem on a black background before the title and that has me wondering if we'll get black suit Peter. Like, that's a trademark of the mythos of Venom, and they very specifically did not have the symbiote suit in the first game. Especially now that we have Miles to play as, maybe there'll be a chapter or two with like a berserk black suit Peter.

E: And now I'm wondering about new suits!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 10, 2021

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Another thing I'm wondering, they showed the spider emblem on a black background before the title and that has me wondering if we'll get black suit Peter. Like, that's a trademark of the mythos of Venom, and they very specifically did not have the symbiote suit in the first game. Especially now that we have Miles to play as, maybe there'll be a chapter or two with like a berserk black suit Peter.

E: And now I'm wondering about new suits!

Web of Shadows is one of my favorite comic book games, it would be sweet to have the return of seamless combat swapping between the black suit and regular suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't know if this was mentioned but Tony Todd is voicing Venom in Spider-Man 2. So still unclear who is actually in the suit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Like maybe in the game you're able to switch Spider-Men whenever but Peter gets venom-ed and then you're forced to play Miles until you can chase him down and get the symbiote off him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

muscles like this! posted:

Don't know if this was mentioned but Tony Todd is voicing Venom in Spider-Man 2. So still unclear who is actually in the suit.

Maybe it's Tony Todd!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Retro Futurist posted:

Maybe it's Tony Todd!

Like he plays himself as a character in the game who the symbiote bonds to? I'm down.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I imagine the Candyman movies would've been like 20-30% more visually spectacular if Tony Todd was Venom

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

OnimaruXLR posted:

I imagine the Candyman movies would've been like 20-30% more visually spectacular if Tony Todd was Venom

Be our victim!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Lobok posted:

Like he plays himself as a character in the game who the symbiote bonds to? I'm down.

It worked for Saints Row!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

Is there anything about PS5 being available to people at retail finally?

I finally scored mine by signing up for telegram alerts through nowinstock.net.

But for reference: Last year I was able to get two switches within a week of trying using them, it's taken me almost a year to get my PS5 and I only got it because I was lucky enough to be awake and at the computer when the stock update hit at 6:00 am and the Target was selling it as pick up only.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got my PS5 at launch, but the only reason I was able was because I was randomly still awake at 12:30am on a Friday morning and someone jumped the gun (Amazon I think?) so every site quickly scrambled to get their preorders up early. I got it from Walmart.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I got my PS5 a couple of months ago relatively hassle free but that was through the system Sony has set up where you sign up on their website saying you want to buy a PS5 (also agree to receiving promotional emails.) They eventually send you a link with a specific date and time that you can click on it which will put you in a private queue. The downside to this method is that you have no clue when they will actually send the invites out because they don't exactly do them on a regular basis. The upside is that when you get the invite it is pretty much guaranteed that you'll get one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got mine a couple weeks after launch. I just followed @wario64 and saw their post that Amazon had them, and it came a couple days later.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I have dug out my 360 and am wanting to play some Ultimate Alliance 1. But even though I've deleted my save file,it still starts with the unlocked characters I've collected and whatnot. Anyone know how to completely reset a 360 game?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You should be able to delete the save data by checking your hard drive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Avengers is coming to Gamepass (Console and PC) Thursday which is finally what is going to get me to check it out. At least for the story content which I've heard is good.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I saw some rumours about Injudtice 3 being announced (and that He-Man would be a DLC fighter. Which makes sense given he crossed over in a comic tie-in.)

I don't know if it will happen but if it did, I'd love for them to put Shaggy from Scooby Doo in as a DLC fighter. Lean into the meme.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Avengers is coming to Gamepass (Console and PC) Thursday which is finally what is going to get me to check it out. At least for the story content which I've heard is good.

Yes the Story Mode is absolutely worth a playthrough. The writing is solid and there's a few fun set piece levels that break up the monotony of the gameplay. It could have been a hell of a game if they focused on that stuff and jettisoned the games as a service crap.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Question IRL posted:

I don't know if it will happen but if it did, I'd love for them to put Shaggy from Scooby Doo in as a DLC fighter. Lean into the meme.

As his normal cartoon self or in the same, realistic, grimy bad-rear end, fully 3D modeled style as the others?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Get Matthew Lillard to mocap

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Playing Avengers and I find it really bizarre how Iron Man's costume selection is missing so many of his variants. Like there's no just plain Mark I suit, which is weird because they have ones that are kind of like the Mark I but not exactly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Playing Avengers and I find it really bizarre how Iron Man's costume selection is missing so many of his variants. Like there's no just plain Mark I suit, which is weird because they have ones that are kind of like the Mark I but not exactly.

To be fair Iron Man has so loving many variants you couldn't get them all even in a Marvel's Spider-Man level game.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

The Question IRL posted:

Seeing as Scooby-Doo seems to be allowed to pull whatever guest characters they want from WB's back library, it seems only fair.

Lobok posted:

As his normal cartoon self or in the same, realistic, grimy bad-rear end, fully 3D modeled style as the others?

I'd say normal cartoon self for the most part, but certain specials they switch to the realistic style. Or flip that, either way.

Fake Edit: Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, the second. Switch to cartoon style for the special where Shaggy's opponent gets caught in the middle of a Scooby-Doo doors gag.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Is the Mark One the ‘in a cave, with a box of scraps’ look? Because that’s in there somewhere.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
New trailer for GotG. I forgot this was out this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iJUuDNaCAs

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Soonmot posted:

Looks okay I guess, definitely a "wait for reviews" game.

Intrigued by the blue llama.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Soonmot posted:

Interesting to see them have some comic accurate costumes (although I doubt will get original look Gamora, which is probably for the best.)

Thing I heard is even if this does well to not expect any kind of sequel as this was part of a deal with Marvel that's done with this game.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I definitely approve of games getting announced a few months before release over years of waiting and hoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I like everything I'm seeing and hearing about it but Marvel games have next to no goodwill left so I'm definitely going to wait and hear what people think. Although at this point I'll probably wait until December anyways when it no doubt goes on sale for at least 25% off