Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Two now?

I still hadn't seen the first one!

There were rumours early on that a young woman had died, and then there was video footage of a guy covered in blood rolling around on the ground screaming "My skull is cracked!", I won't post it but it's pretty easy to find on Facebook
No actual reports of deaths though, must be a conspiracy covering it up to make Dan Andrews look good!!! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There were rumours early on that a young woman had died, and then there was video footage of a guy covered in blood rolling around on the ground screaming "My skull is cracked!", I won't post it but it's pretty easy to find on Facebook
No actual reports of deaths though, must be a conspiracy covering it up to make Dan Andrews look good!!! :tinfoil:

The second guy is explained here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUH2ofkhGAq/?utm_medium=copy_link

Weird how meme pages are becoming one of the leading sources of info but I'll take it.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Imagine how good our society could be if cum was white instead of red.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

DumbparameciuM posted:

Imagine how good our society could be if cum was white instead of red.

the grass is truly greener

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Butcher birds are pretty cool, there's a few at my parent's place that fly in every few days that I feed a couple of grubs from the compost. Very rarely, a small fingernail-sized bit of mince. They'll fly in and land at the front door, and if they see me inside they'll fly in and land on my arm/shoulder and just hang out until I treat them to some easy snacks. Sometimes they'll bring in their new fledglings to show off.

They loving HATE kookaburras and pied butcher birds though, goddamn. If one of them shows up while the butchers are around they will non-stop swoop and strafe them until they leave. They're also leery of magpies, but don't seem to hate them enough to actually attack them.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I've been digging up my garden last couple days and he's been eyeing off all the grubs

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
If it snags one and you're even remotely nearby when it feeds, take cover, they whip the grub's guts out with their incredibly powerful neck-flick and you WILL get grub guts splattering you at high speeds. It's absolutely brutal. Totally appropriate for a bird renowned for it's habit of impaling live prey on sharp branches, to store for later eating and make tearing apart things like large mice easier.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Sep 24, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

This poo poo is why I bought a bin spring, except bigarse crows instead of cockys.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Got swooped by a fucken magpie today, apparently they take exception to craft breweries!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Laserface posted:

The second guy is explained here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUH2ofkhGAq/?utm_medium=copy_link

Weird how meme pages are becoming one of the leading sources of info but I'll take it.

NOICE :thumbsup:

Also he got to read his own fake obituary and do the whole Mark Twain "the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" bit. :v:

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Got two magpies that come down for feeds in the backyard, can hear their babies peeping when they bring some meal worm back for them. They're a little early this year, but I'm looking forward to having a couple more inquisitive jerk birds to feed. They don't swoop me on foot but the male loving hounds me on my bike and will chase me 150m down the road, hitting my helmet with full force :allears:
As far as I'm concerned the good lad is protecting his babies with vigour, gently caress the haters. Magpies rule

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Went for a run round the local park and a swamp hen charged me and tried to peck my feet.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

NPR Journalizard posted:

Went for a run round the local park and a swamp hen charged me and tried to peck my feet.

That's a mating dance, you must have an authentic swampy musk

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

That's a mating dance, you must have an authentic swampy musk

Thanks, I have been cultivating it for a while now

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
One time I bought one of those fake owls from Bunnings to try and scare off garbage birds that were chirping endless outside my bedroom. It didn't work on any of the garbage birds but come roosting season, the magpies would spend all day everyday just swooping and squawking at it. The sound was driving me nuts till I realised what it was that they were doing.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

SwissDonkey posted:

Got two magpies that come down for feeds in the backyard, can hear their babies peeping when they bring some meal worm back for them. They're a little early this year, but I'm looking forward to having a couple more inquisitive jerk birds to feed. They don't swoop me on foot but the male loving hounds me on my bike and will chase me 150m down the road, hitting my helmet with full force :allears:
As far as I'm concerned the good lad is protecting his babies with vigour, gently caress the haters. Magpies rule

Next time he swoops you with your helmet on, try offering some small bit of food. He might somehow think you're a different person with the helmet on. Or he's an arsehole, birds do be that way.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
https://twitter.com/SlurrieFamily/status/1441594083256901638

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/RonnJohnChopper/status/1441570379231744007

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zeniel posted:

One time I bought one of those fake owls from Bunnings to try and scare off garbage birds that were chirping endless outside my bedroom. It didn't work on any of the garbage birds but come roosting season, the magpies would spend all day everyday just swooping and squawking at it. The sound was driving me nuts till I realised what it was that they were doing.

My sister got the owl that was just a bit of plastic made to look like an owl with its wings against its body. None of the birds gave a poo poo.

I got the one with the plastic wings that were made out of kite material and put it on top of an old broomstick and attached that to my clothesline and it spun and wobbled about in the wind. Worked perfectly for about a year and a half.

Came outside one day and a pigeon was literally sitting on it.

Haven't bothered since. But it did its job of letting all my seeds sprout.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

God I wish

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Well well

https://twitter.com/TheKennyDevine/status/1441628313919782914

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Hey there Lizzy, been a while

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Jestery posted:

Hey there Lizzy, been a while

You need to dip that coin in a glass of coke. She'll be good as new in no time.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I've got a bowl each of 1c and 2c pieces but don't know what to do with them. I've thought about making them shiny and then keeping them in a glass container under oil or something to stop them tarnishing again? No idea if that would even work.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gromit posted:

I've got a bowl each of 1c and 2c pieces but don't know what to do with them. I've thought about making them shiny and then keeping them in a glass container under oil or something to stop them tarnishing again? No idea if that would even work.

You can make a tabletop out of them and seal them in epoxy resin, there's lots of guides online

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone got an OLED tv and tried to make a warranty claim or something like that for screen burn in?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Check the Whirlpool thread on the LG OLEDs, I'm pretty sure people have had their panels replaced under ACL.

edit: wrong thread lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

~Coxy posted:

Check the Whirlpool thread on the LG OLEDs, I'm pretty sure people have had their panels replaced under ACL.

edit: wrong thread lol

I was hoping to avoid whirlpool lol.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

are you trying to claim warranty on it or just worried about potential burn-in as an issue if you were to buy an OLED?

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

quote:

Update 05/31/2019: The TVs have now been running for over 9000 hours (around 5 years at 5 hours every day). Uniformity issues have developed on the TVs displaying Football and FIFA 18, and are starting to develop on the TV displaying Live NBC. Our stance remains the same, we don't expect most people who watch varied content without static areas to experience burn-in issues with an OLED TV.

unless you are mainlining CNN 24/7 its not an issue.

I have an OLED (LG B8) and I basically use it for 2 different video games and general TV viewing. 2 years in, daily use, no noticeable burn-in.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 4, 2021

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Mine definitely has it, from playing 4:3 video games i reckon.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

You can make a tabletop out of them and seal them in epoxy resin, there's lots of guides online

That's a ton more work than I'd have in mind, and I'll be honest I don't really like how it looks either. I don't have enough to cover a large surface, which is why I was thinking of having them in a glass vase. But then that probably looks like poo poo too, and being full of oil would be horrible to knock over. If I could suspend them in resin it might be a good doorstop, but it would be tricky to get them right inside the resin with them being really heavy and all.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Have you considered shelving them?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The search for the perfect place to put Gromit's coins continues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--9kqhzQ-8Q

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Billy, eat the pennies.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Stuff a handful of pennies up your rear end and fart them out into a public body of water.

Become a new cryptid, or at least really efficient at making wishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

A bumyip