Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
extremely high chance this changes when she croaks btw, charles is nowhere near as popular and all over the commonwealth there are already plenty of discussions of eliminating the vestigial crown and just behaving like the anglosphere-less-america interest group they have been for decades. it wouldn't astonish me, and it certainly wouldn't take a revolution to do it, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
yankees go home bart simpson is loving your wife

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
please leave ireland alone. it is a beautiful island with a pasty and sensitive people who don't deserve this level of abuse from the evil pig english

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
man you remember that time irish people defected from the american imperialist army en mass, immediately identifying (correctly!) the commonalities of empire and the indignities put on the mexican people as being the same struggle as theirs, formed the st patricks batallion and took up arms against the yankee scum? oh right, and following being ground down by the american war machine and surrendering were the largest execution of non-indigenous people in american history? to that date lol

i remember. always tinged the st patricks celebrations where they drink green beer until they vomit it and beat up minorities, somewhat. although not very much tbh.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

CoolCab posted:

you genuinely are one of the most hooting dullards i've ever had the pleasure of posting at, i'm going to call a shot here - did you perhaps serve

nope, nor do i have a family history of it beyond the standard american experience of ancestors who were in ww2
prior to that and subsequently draft dodgers one and all
e: honestly it amazes me the things you try to read into my posting

Relevant Tangent has issued a correction as of 03:04 on Oct 4, 2021

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Relevant Tangent posted:

nope, nor do i have a family history of it beyond the standard american experience of ancestors who were in ww2
prior to that and subsequently draft dodgers one and all

hrm, smarter than i thought tbh

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

lol "imperial legacy"
literally still an empire they just call it a commonwealth now

Pretty sure that India at least can tell the difference between the British Empire and the Commonwealth. One involves far less British troops shooting them and stealing their grain.

The Commonwealth is basically a bunch of countries humouring their old ruler's delusions in exchange for being left the gently caress alone.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Relevant Tangent posted:

e: honestly it amazes me the things you try to read into my posting

mate the kindest way to phase this is your ignorance is adequate and deep set that i genuinely and entirely sincerely thought you might have held a rifle for the united states, and that doesn't suggest i have a very high opinion of your intellect.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hitting myself in the head with a kettle until i become a new type of guy: the monarchy pedant

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

CoolCab posted:

mate the kindest way to phase this is your ignorance is adequate and deep set that i genuinely and entirely sincerely thought you might have held a rifle for the united states, and that doesn't suggest i have a very high opinion of your intellect.

friend, you're the one who thinks that saying Queen Elizabeth is aiding and abetting her pedophile son is slander rather than a factual statement so glass houses and stones surely

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
may i suggest the next transformation as to a "good poster"

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Relevant Tangent posted:

friend, you're the one who thinks that saying Queen Elizabeth is aiding and abetting her pedophile son is slander rather than a factual statement so glass houses and stones surely

it literally is as you have been now again corrected by someone else. and in fact was what i was referring to, obviously i didn't mean "libel, as defined in american court", because my brain works and i have the capacity for critical reasoning.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Darth Walrus posted:

The Commonwealth is basically a bunch of countries humouring their old ruler's delusions in exchange for being left the gently caress alone.

it's mostly for sports

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

redleader posted:

it's mostly for sports

look you invent baskeball and then it takes like a century before you can win a single championship, you too would be making up bullshit to exclude the yanks lol

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

they reformed those defamation laws so that you have to prove you caused harm, so now it's totally fine for everyone to post animated gifs of leprechauns hurting the queen, nobody cares

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
inshillelagh

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

CoolCab posted:

it literally is as you have been now again corrected by someone else. and in fact was what i was referring to, obviously i didn't mean "libel, as defined in american court", because my brain works and i have the capacity for critical reasoning.

Are you totally, 100% sure about that? The part that identifies between "random stream of conscious thought" and "coherent posting" seems to be broken.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

CoolCab posted:

yankees go home bart simpson is loving your wife

dear god just chill the gently caress out. Jesus

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

happyhippy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOWJECdobqk

They really think the UK will go back to Hovis ad life lol.
Going to be more like Threads but with more fat people shouting.

england is the dark souls of countries

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The reality is the island will more likely have to resort back to cannibalism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0wDjWOnHcY

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The Canadian monarchist expat telling usa posters to quit posting about the UK is a pretty funny turn of events.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Valko posted:

Are you totally, 100% sure about that? The part that identifies between "random stream of conscious thought" and "coherent posting" seems to be broken.

it's impressive to see tbqh

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

im going to say it

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

england is the dark souls of countries

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that can't be true. many people like dark souls.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
damp souls

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I;m thinking about thos pigs in majula

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why is that weirdo Canadian guy still here making dumbass assumptions and long boring posts nobody wants to read

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Quotey posted:

im going to say it

It would have been a far better tweet

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Many people like England. No one knows why but they do.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
CoolCab you suck

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

endland is the dark souls 3 of countries

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
England clearly is the Bad Rats of countries.

A barely functioning messy cash-grab that can only provide enjoyment through it being ironically watched as a train wreck by goons.

Also it should have been buried and forgotten at least five years ago.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/acspiess/status/1174872674495057920

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Why is your country so so bad, it's incredible.

well, in 1965, the Scottish Unionist Party was absorbed into the Conservatives,

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hey some people like england

well the abstract idea of england, not the country itself of course

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Just getting worse and worse

https://twitter.com/politicshome/status/1444699861765459969?s=19

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Lostconfused posted:

Not this again.

the thread must become about coolcab at least every other day or brexit gets even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I like coolcab and the guy who thinks the Queen materially rules australian is clearly either deranged or, as I like to call it, ‘American ignorant’