Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/AndAllThatChaz/status/1444870953884954626

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

dingo with a joint posted:

Oh man, I've never rooted so hard for the Pats in my life, lol.

Like, after the Eagles' superbowl win, i felt my Pats hate begin to erode. Then once Brady left, I realised that that hate had finally abated. And then they gave my beloved Cam Newton a chance, and I found myself in the mystifying position of actually liking the Pats.

But even that pales in comparison to the amount of pro-Patriots sentiment I exuded today while watching their heroic stand against the villain Brady.

I went down to the pub, to support my Pats mate during what we both expected to be a thorough drubbing. But it wasn't a drubbing! This Pats team actually held Brady down to the wire! I have never experienced feeling proud of a Patriots team before. Fuckin' weird.

Tom Brady looked the most miserable today that I have seen him since leaving New England. And I think that that should be looked at as a triumph; by the Patriots' fanbase, by the greater NFL-watching public, and by humanity as a whole, when considered in aggregate.

gently caress tom brady and also gently caress the patriots. in conclusion the nfl is a land of contrasts

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So Tom Brady had more rushing yards than the entire Patriots roster tonight.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
poo poo like that is why I do justice by Vita Vea by making him an X-Factor in Madden. Players like him change the flow of games even though it doesn’t always show up on the stat sheet(under his name). Dude’s ridiculous.
In other news, the Bills may have as easy a division as the Titans, at this point.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
So McCorkle Jones had twice as many touchdowns as Tom Brady tonight.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gus/Talib announcer tandem rules, I'm glad we got them for the Fields Is Good Game.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1444889262789480449

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Like, after the Eagles' superbowl win, i felt my Pats hate begin to erode. Then once Brady left, I realised that that hate had finally abated. And then they gave my beloved Cam Newton a chance, and I found myself in the mystifying position of actually liking the Pats.

But even that pales in comparison to the amount of pro-Patriots sentiment I exuded today while watching their heroic stand against the villain Brady.

I went down to the pub, to support my Pats mate during what we both expected to be a thorough drubbing. But it wasn't a drubbing! This Pats team actually held Brady down to the wire! I have never experienced feeling proud of a Patriots team before. Fuckin' weird.

Tom Brady looked the most miserable today that I have seen him since leaving New England. And I think that that should be looked at as a triumph; by the Patriots' fanbase, by the greater NFL-watching public, and by humanity as a whole, when considered in aggregate.

Last season was weird for me; after decades of hating them, the Pats suddenly had Cam Newton and the Celtics had Kemba Walker, two of my favorite players in their respective sports, so I spent the season not actively rooting for them, but hoping that they would do well so that my guys were doing well. In the case of the Pats, it also helped that Brady was now in the NFCS, making the Bucs infinitely easier to hate.

But now that Cam and Kemba are out of Boston,

Borsche69 posted:

gently caress tom brady and also gently caress the patriots.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

AJA posted:

So McCorkle Jones had twice as many touchdowns as Tom Brady tonight.

Zero?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Patriots got to experience the last second loss where Brady does the exact minimum necessary to win and then your coach chokes and has an old kicker coming off an injury try to hit a 56 yarder in the rain instead of go for it on 4th and short or something moronic like that.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
That was the ideal outcome for me last night. Brady wins, but the Patriots still look surprisingly good, and Brady is held without a TD, giving fuel to all kinds of petty gossip and drama on 98.5 for the coming week. Meanwhile, the Pats lose in part because Bill chokes at the end. Complete W all around. The only thing that would have made it better is if the Bucs were still undefeated because I wanted 20-0 for him bad.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Petey posted:

That was the ideal outcome for me last night. Brady wins, but the Patriots still look surprisingly good, and Brady is held without a TD, giving fuel to all kinds of petty gossip and drama on 98.5 for the coming week. Meanwhile, the Pats lose in part because Bill chokes at the end. Complete W all around. The only thing that would have made it better is if the Bucs were still undefeated because I wanted 20-0 for him bad.

Wednesday old kicker's leg is questionable, Sunday make him kick 56 yarder in rain on 4th & short.

Yeah, I think Bill kinda choked there.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Even if the actively decaying kicker makes it you give the ball back to Brady with 80 seconds.

Pure cowardice.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Tom Brady putting up garbage numbers and relying on the kicker to win really closed the circle on his career didn't it

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

mastershakeman posted:

Tom Brady putting up garbage numbers and relying on the kicker to win really closed the circle on his career didn't it

Complete with the mind-blowing fuckup by the other team in a critical moment.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

Fraudulent, pure and simple

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Maybe he's a jedi and the answer to all the kids saying gosh what would I do if I could influence minds or move objects like luke?? Is just Tom Brady's career

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Abugadu posted:

Complete with the mind-blowing fuckup by the other team in a critical moment.

It's really perfect watching him do it to the Pats for a change and Belichick was the one with the last minute coaching choke.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

sean10mm posted:

It's really perfect watching him do it to the Pats for a change and Belichick was the one with the last minute coaching choke.

Belichick was so incredibly mad in his postgame.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I honestly think think beating this Patriots team by only 2 is kinda shameful. All these "special win" headlines are making me laugh. Sentimentality aside, it's the MacCorkle Patriots we're talking here.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Remember when Belichick had the chutzpah to go for it on 4th and 2 on his 28 yard line on the road against PFM? lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Probably Magic posted:

I honestly think think beating this Patriots team by only 2 is kinda shameful. All these "special win" headlines are making me laugh. Sentimentality aside, it's the MacCorkle Patriots we're talking here.

I'm happy the Bucs won.

Dominic Toretto posted:

It doesn’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning’s winning!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I’m sorry but there is no opponent adjustment that can properly account for the offensive black hole that is Davis Mills

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

I'm happy the Bucs won.

Losing pretty only matters in college football rankings.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AndrewP posted:

I’m sorry but there is no opponent adjustment that can properly account for the offensive black hole that is Davis Mills

Tyrod is such a chaos agent. His backup will play and you will either discover a franchise quarterback or a Nathan Peterman.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Peterman at least had the common courtesy to implode spectacularly in 30 minutes of gametime, Davis Mills is just unwatchable

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Yeah, Davis Mills looks completely lost. But in a boring, inefficient way, rather than a spectacular one.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Just lol at thinking that game shows Mac is gonna be a good QB with what the Bucs were fielding in the secondary.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just lol at thinking that game shows Mac is gonna be a good QB with what the Bucs were fielding in the secondary.

Boston sports media this morning is actually seriously saying that despite losing the game Bill won the night and the week as a whole. Despite now being 1-3 with 3 home losses.

Yeah

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Boston sports media

lemme stop you right there

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

lemme stop you right there

Felger and Mazz will come in this afternoon and say everyone is being a moron thankfully.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Borsche69 posted:

gently caress tom brady and also gently caress the patriots

gently caress Boston and the East coast in general.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1445020089338761217?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Paint Crop Pro posted:

gently caress Boston and the East coast in general.

Yep

but also don't kid yourselves Mac is gonna be good.

Here's another hot take the Chargers are gonna beat the Raiders, all three teams will be 3-1 but the 2-2 Chiefs but only down a game. Nature is healing.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Every year there's a bad team that gets a national television game in November or something where they're a huge home underdog and they play their asses off like it's their Super Bowl. Maybe they win, maybe they lose, but it doesn't turn their season around - they're still bad and they get back to looking bad in subsequent games.

It was a little early this year but that's the Pats.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

it's v rude to beat a team that was just trying to have fun out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I think the Cowboys might be good this year? At the very least, they definitely don’t seem bad.