Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ragaman posted:

I’ve been on SA for a long time, but I don’t typically hang out in this sub so you can’t expect people to know who the local idiots are for every subforum community.

I mostly hang out in GBS, this is my first MMO with goons since like Burning Crusade on Mal'Ganis or something, so all that was news to me. Glad some people like Khad posted about it though, I saw some hard-R's in chat and them trying to paper over people who were complaining about that and I was already half out the door when the drama started

lovely Snipe, let's talk about how many times we've been kicked out of the queue after waiting 1000+ spots! (It's three for me, that's why I stopped playing Royllo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Who is this TT guy people keep talking about, never heard of him.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

CLAM DOWN posted:

Okay so please confirm for me if this looks okay, I am very confused atm

East Coast Goon Conglomerate
Company Names: Communal Unity Movement & Goons in Pantaloons & Aeternam Cruiselines
Server: NA East -
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/Yk5xAH68Hj

What's your server? Ryollo? Something like that?

Yes Royllo, Aeternum not Aeternam (I’m probably going to change it later in game to something else completely but good for now) :dance:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

orange juche posted:

WordPress and Patreon had a baby basically, and it's full of libertarians.

So it's a social media site dedicated entirely to legalizing weed, and getting rid of age of consent laws.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

Yep, looks good. Could you also add a disclaimer to completely avoid Underpaid Workers Union please? I’m sure he’s going to quit playing for a week but just want to be safe.

Oh absolutely.

Ragaman posted:

Yes Royllo, Aeternum not Aeternam (I’m probably going to change it later in game to something else completely but good for now) :dance:

Fixed.

Okay, east coast added to OP! Thank you! Also, lol

Orv
May 4, 2011
The one thing the melt downs have been correct about is that we should have yelled about TT sooner, those of us that knew. Unfortunately Lawlicaust is also correct, that people have tried before and been told it isn't important or doesn't matter. TT is at minimum a known hyperceeep and racist and there are reams of evidence of him hanging out with and being friendly with known 'ironic' Nazis. Nobody should be expected to know this and frankly it's one of those pieces of goon lore I'd be happier without having in my brain, but I'm glad something was finally done about it.

And to be clear, not that the meltdowns deserve it, nobody is saying everyone in the Bad Games Crew discord is an anti-Semite or a racist, that's patently absurd. But if the head of the table is known to be and doesn't punish the inner circle for being awful, then the rest of the inner circle is probably also trash.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Ad by Khad posted:

I warned them about TT a little over a week ago, it's not coming completely outta nowhere for them

Just kinda outta nowhere
this did escalate quickly. despite the pvp influence bug, it felt like things were coming together, covenant on the march, etc.

but if it was inevitable (i know nothing about all this history with TT), better to rip off the bandaid in week 1

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh absolutely.

Fixed.

Okay, east coast added to OP! Thank you! Also, lol

Thanks and also lol, yes typical goon drama but I think the core officer crew for the 3 goon guilds will get things on course.

Haven’t seen this much fun/drama since I joined Elitist Jerks after they broke off from the main goon guild in WoW back in the day. This is way more insane though lol.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

CLAM DOWN posted:

Okay so please confirm for me if this looks okay, I am very confused atm

East Coast Goon Conglomerate
Company Names: Communal Unity Movement & Goons in Pantaloons & Aeternum Cruiselines
Server: NA East -
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/Yk5xAH68Hj

What's your server? Ryollo? Something like that?

Royllo, yes, USEast.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Ash1138 posted:

this did escalate quickly. despite the pvp influence bug, it felt like things were coming together, covenant on the march, etc.

but if it was inevitable (i know nothing about all this history with TT), better to rip off the bandaid in week 1

I expect covenant will be fine, Fed has three guilds (under one banner) too

Fed's opinion of UWU last week was "seems like potatoes" so if anything this will probably make you a lot stronger

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 4, 2021

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

TT is currently imploding in hilarious fashion by the way.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I have a theory that outpost rush is locked to max level characters only, so the average player cant try instanced pvp and see if it's worth grind to max or not.

Elroy Jetson
Sep 25, 2021

Don't ping me.

I tried having a discussion with him about why this is happening, and naturally he had a meltdown and banned me.

Who is a big dumbass? It's me. I'm a big dumbass.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Ein Sexmonster posted:

i mean the best way to prove your not a facist is to apply facist policies lol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ein Sexmonster posted:

aahahahahahahaha

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

post more of this lmao

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Ad by Khad posted:

I expect covenant will be fine, Fed has three guilds (under one banner) too
oh for sure

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Ein Sexmonster posted:

lol

lmbo

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
This game has really grown on me. The zones after the starter zone are cooler, the crafting system is actually really fun to me, being self sufficient and running all around the map for random junk, and learning to recognize the patterns of where certain junk grows vs. different junk. It also helps that mats on my server are ridiculously low priced because people have no respect for their own time. I can farm a few mobs that drop 10g each and get 500 gold in like 20 mins, and then I can spend that 500 gold on 1000 iron ore, vs. trying to get it myself which would take 5* longer to do.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

WarEternal posted:

This game has really grown on me. The zones after the starter zone are cooler, the crafting system is actually really fun to me, being self sufficient and running all around the map for random junk, and learning to recognize the patterns of where certain junk grows vs. different junk. It also helps that mats on my server are ridiculously low priced because people have no respect for their own time. I can farm a few mobs that drop 10g each and get 500 gold in like 20 mins, and then I can spend that 500 gold on 1000 iron ore, vs. trying to get it myself which would take 5* longer to do.

Tell me more about these mobs that drop 10g each...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I imagine prices will skyrocket soon enough, but for now everything is dirt cheap.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

WarEternal posted:

:monocle:

reveal unto me your secrets! i am so poor i can't afford a house

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

To talk about the game itself for a bit:

How does the process of claiming territory work? I know there's a war after you build up your faction's influence in that territory, but how do you build that influence? I know player slots are fairly limited for getting into wars so I'm wondering what other ways there are for players to contribute.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Come on I'm waiting I have the popcorn ready for the evisceration's.

Elroy Jetson
Sep 25, 2021

Don't ping me.

Harrow posted:

How does the process of claiming territory work? I know there's a war after you build up your faction's influence in that territory, but how do you build that influence? I know player slots are fairly limited for getting into wars so I'm wondering what other ways there are for players to contribute.

The faction leaders in each zone have PvP missions, completing those raises your faction's influence in that zone.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

surfacelevelspeck posted:

:monocle:

reveal unto me your secrets! i am so poor i can't afford a house

I would also stock up massively on low tier resources as I expect them to go up in price massively as people get to higher tier crafting and realize just how much low tier crap they need for it.

So given a source of stable gold income would let me fill my storage with cheap mats.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Ein Sexmonster posted:

lol

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Harrow posted:

So here's what happens. You flag yourself for PVP and do the PVP Faction Quest. Those faction quest are then turned in to garner influence within a zone. You can also do PVP in that zone and kill for influence. When you kill somebody they lose the faction quest and have to get them again. If you die with the same quest you lose them and have to get them again. Pretty straight forward but it's been counter productive to actually engage and chase in PVP rather than just do the PVP quest that are PVE based to turn in for influence.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Harrow posted:

complete and turn in the PvP quests offered by the faction rep in that territory's settlement. the catch is that if you die before turning in, you fail the quest. it's a lot easier to do as a massive group so if the call goes out to counter a push by another faction, hop on the discord voice channel for pvp and do what whoever is leading says to do.

i'll be honest, if done right it's not particularly exciting because it's not PvP, it's PvE while flagged

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893

Elroy Jetson posted:

The faction leaders in each zone have PvP missions, completing those raises your faction's influence in that zone.

To add to this, when you go to your faction vendor / leader in each zone there are THREE quests labeled as PvP. Those quests for Covenant are usually:

- Stand in this place for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Kill X or gather Y.
- Go find a box located at location A. Take it to location B.

Completing these quests gains influence for the region for each person handing these quests in.

You ALSO Gain / lose influence based on killing members of the opposite faction. So if you're doing these quests solo and get killed, and get killed over and over - you're losing influence. The opposite is true. If you manage to kill in PvP over and over, you can boost influence.

You can also increase the amount of influence per region by taking the fort. I believe the fort grab itself gains some varying degree of points, and then gives a 20% increase to all influence related missions while you hold it.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

post more of this lmao

I’ve always loved the griefing portions of OPs so I hope you’re saving these to write one up because this is gold. :allears:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

I’ve always loved the griefing portions of OPs so I hope you’re saving these up to write one up because this is gold. :allears:

I plan to re-write the entire OP and absolutely will be including this amazing saga lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

JackDRipper posted:

So here's what happens. You flag yourself for PVP and do the PVP Faction Quest. Those faction quest are then turned in to garner influence within a zone. You can also do PVP in that zone and kill for influence. When you kill somebody they lose the faction quest and have to get them again. If you die with the same quest you lose them and have to get them again. Pretty straight forward but it's been counter productive to actually engage and chase in PVP rather than just do the PVP quest that are PVE based to turn in for influence.

Ash1138 posted:

complete and turn in the PvP quests offered by the faction rep in that territory's settlement. the catch is that if you die before turning in, you fail the quest. it's a lot easier to do as a massive group so if the call goes out to counter a push by another faction, hop on the discord voice channel for pvp and do what whoever is leading says to do.

i'll be honest, if done right it's not particularly exciting because it's not PvP, it's PvE while flagged

That sounds like something that might need some tweaking down the road then. I guess it's good to have quests that at least encourage people to flag up but I imagine they want to encourage more actual PvP clashes with this kind of thing.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Harrow posted:

When you look at the world map there should be a colored bar underneath each settlement. What people will do is form groups to do "pvp loops" where everyone grabs the 3 pvp missions from the faction rep, you all go out as a group and do those missions, then back to town to turn them in. So if you're marauders and you go do a pvp loop, it will fill that bar with green. If it maxes out, marauders are then eligible to declare war on the settlement. If the faction that owns the settlement wants to prevent this, they can form up and also try to do pvp loops - if they are able to turn in pvp missions, they will push the green in the bar back down.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lmao

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

is that him?? Lmao

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Harrow posted:

That sounds like something that might need some tweaking down the road then. I guess it's good to have quests that at least encourage people to flag up but I imagine they want to encourage more actual PvP clashes with this kind of thing.

This is something most of us doing the missions in large groups when called upon have all been in agreement on. Change the PVP missions from PVE based to actual PVP missions. Make it to where you need to capture or defend the fort for x amount of time, make it to where you need to kill x amount of people in that area, and change the other mission to a kill people within 700km of the Town itself. This way you're encouraging PVP by the Fort's and Town's instead of sending people to collect wood for pvp influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

is that him?? Lmao

No it's just one of the many people leaving. Funny name and response though.