Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: dead gay comedy forums)

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

genericnick posted:

I would simply pretend to read das Kapital.

exactly! at least go all out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Halloween Jack posted:

Those weren't real birds, they were prototype CIA drones. Where do you think the conspiracy theory comes from?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/LinusTech/status/1444693732637380622

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

well that one was really unexpected

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

is this praxis

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

gradenko_2000 posted:

as far as I can tell (because I can only observe these things along my peripheral vision) Luna Oi asserted that perhaps people from the Global South don't see America in a positive light, and that being an American patriot is problematic considering all the imperialism that America is responsible for

Infrared then countered by calling her partner a sexpat

people get really upset when luna and others point out that backing national or other identity-based liberation struggles is textbook marxism-leninism

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

That Spooky Witch posted:

who's never trimmed a beard before apparently

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

just watched this parenti lecture/presentation again. the q&a at the end is one of my fav parts, the bit about how a lot of people 'do marx' without knowing marx. also its just an overall good/honest rebuke of "left wing" anticommunism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgTWnUpvNiM

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The only parenti talk where the CIA didn't sabotage his microphone.

watching this now, it's great. he does have mic issues at the beginning tho lol.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

exmarx posted:

watching this now, it's great. he does have mic issues at the beginning tho lol.

the bit at the end makes me feel less bad for genuinely thinking that you can get to the vast majority of marx's conclusions on your own just by having a decent moral compass tbh

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Enjoy posted:

marxism is when you use gaming and crypto under universal basic income after marrying a billionaire

Arglebargle III posted:

Imperial Planetologist Liet Grimes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/1444390760644743174

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

just watched this parenti lecture/presentation again. the q&a at the end is one of my fav parts, the bit about how a lot of people 'do marx' without knowing marx. also its just an overall good/honest rebuke of "left wing" anticommunism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgTWnUpvNiM

this is definitely my favourite Parenti lecture - it's really clear and articulate and easy to follow and open-eyed about the successes and failures of the USSR

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

im glad parenti stopped doing media appearances at all so he could just be old unlike chomsky and whatever forces still animate him

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The yellowish lecture from the mid '80s is my favorite because of how much piss and vinegar Parenti has in it but really you can't go wrong. I finished To Kill a Nation recently and would highly recommend it

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I don't even know what the speech is called, I just search yellow parenti

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
/

elaboration has issued a correction as of 00:57 on Apr 24, 2023

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Trash Ops posted:

im glad parenti stopped doing media appearances at all so he could just be old unlike chomsky and whatever forces still animate him

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Breadtuber?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/blookswashinda/status/1443300557373022208

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dudes rock

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/InfraHaz/status/1445121983004487681

lol, Haz is indistinguishable from an American conservative at this point

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

LTT has nothing to do with politics. It's a youtube channel focused on building computers and technology, etc. Pretty sure the communism thing is just a joke.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Red and Black posted:

boring

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lenin also dressed up as a woman to move around undetected. thats real left unity

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

he does still post on facebook occasionally but in a kinda cute old man fashion:

Sex gifs

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Red and Black posted:

oh, so he’s turning into a mid 20th century anti-Stalinist

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

lol

https://twitter.com/infrahaz/status/1445131669741129729?s=21

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
who reads standing up that’s anti-dialectical af

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Dreddout posted:

Lenin also dressed up as a woman to move around undetected. thats real left unity

This happened at least twice during the US Civil War

Chad Nathaniel Lyon

quote:

Lyon himself had been extensively involved in the St. Louis Wide Awakes, a pro-union paramilitary organization that he intended to arm from the arsenal and muster into the ranks of the federal army. Upon obtaining command of the arsenal, Lyon armed the Wide Awake units under guise of night. Lyon had most of the excess weapons in the arsenal secretly moved to Illinois. Lyon was aware of a clandestine operation whereby the Confederacy had shipped captured artillery from the U.S. arsenal in Baton Rouge to the Missouri State Militia camp in St. Louis. Lyon allegedly disguised himself as a farm woman to spy on the State Guard's camp and then claimed that he had uncovered a plan by Jackson to seize the arsenal for Missouri troops.

Virgin Jefferson Davis

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Enjoy posted:

marxism is when you use gaming and crypto under universal basic income after marrying a billionaire

Can someone with Twitter please tell her to read Parenti in public next?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
lmao

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

exactly! at least go all out

I can't get over this. I kind of agree that the Communist Manifesto is needlessly long, but it's still a pamphlet. There's no such thing as "reading the manifesto" unless you're only reading on the shitter.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
at the page she's flipped to it's almost certainly the preface or a modern foreword

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

genericnick posted:

I can't get over this. I kind of agree that the Communist Manifesto is needlessly long, but it's still a pamphlet. There's no such thing as "reading the manifesto" unless you're only reading on the shitter.

It's about 30-40 pages long minus the prefaces and the appendixes, that's maybe a hour or twos worth of reading.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 70 days!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's about 30-40 pages long minus the prefaces and the appendixes, that's maybe a hour or twos worth of reading.

real marxists spend 2-3 hours on the can every day, its in the book

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

croup coughfield posted:

real marxists spend 2-3 hours on the can every day, its in the book

making GBS threads on company time is praxis

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This happened at least twice during the US Civil War

Chad Nathaniel Lyon

Virgin Jefferson Davis

not only woke but wide awake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Centrist Committee posted:

who reads standing up that’s anti-dialectical af