Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thanks for reminding me of the zombie match where Miz got injured and they somehow didn't explain it as having been from getting bitten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the thing i remember the most about that vaunted miz interview was him shouting something to the effect of, "I am the one who loves everything, and everyone!!!"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Endless Mike posted:

I think my favorite thing about the WWE draft every year is they consistently don't understand how drafts work. Why yes, let's leave three of our champions until the second night so we can draft Austin Theory and Jeff Hardy.

They split the draft pool into two so both RAW and SD had some intrigue and there weren’t only Hardy level talents to be picked from on Monday. Not the most elegant way to do things but it stops USA getting mad at them

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WWE lawyers are confirmed cowards

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1445440663076569093?s=20

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
NXT 2.0

quote:

MSK team up with Briggs & Jensen against Grizzled Young Veterans, Hayes & Williams

The NXT Tag Team Titles have been front and center on NXT 2.0, as tandems new and veteran have set their sights on MSK.

MSK will team with Brooks Jensen & Josh Briggs against The Grizzled Young Veterans, Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams in Eight-Man Tag Team action. The four teams brawled last week after GYV and Hayes & Williams stated their cases for a title opportunity.

Which team will be left standing when the mayhem is settled?

quote:

Mandy Rose battles Ember Moon to kick off NXT tonight
Mandy Rose made a bold statement last week and now will look to back it up in a showdown with the always dangerous Ember Moon.

Rose was flanked by Toxic Attraction, as they delivered a vicious beatdown of NXT Women’s Champion Raquel Gonzalez. As Big Mami Cool was laid out in the ring, Rose put the champion on notice by raising the title above her head. Moon will be looking to get back in a groove and follow up a 205 Live victory over Cora Jade a few weeks back.

Can Rose build her title case with a victory over Moon?

quote:

Odyssey Jones and LA Knight collide on NXT
LA Knight isn’t afraid to talk his way into big-time matchups on NXT, but it’s tough to find a more massive challenge than Odyssey Jones.

The bombastic Superstar had some choice words for the giant newcomer backstage and used an Andre Chase outburst to launch an attack on Jones.

Can Knight topple the impressive Jones?

quote:

Cora Jade set for NXT 2.0 debut
NXT’s youngest Superstar will take centerstage this Tuesday, as 20-year old Cora Jade makes her NXT in-ring debut.

Jade has already turned heads in her backstage romance with Trey Baxter. Can Jade now catch the attention of the NXT Universe in her debut?

Don’t miss the dawn of the “Generation of Jade”

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

THE GENERATION OF JADE

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We haven't watched NXT since the summer of 2018 so what the gently caress is happening with Ember Moon? She's still on NXT after six years and a main roster debut?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

We haven't watched NXT since the summer of 2018 so what the gently caress is happening with Ember Moon? She's still on NXT after six years and a main roster debut?

She was horribly misused on the main roster and then ruptured her achilles during a 24/7 angle.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
When's Rick Steiner's son getting the title?

bartok
May 10, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

The New Day Netflix thing is available now.

I hope Vince never discovers Squid Game.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

She got sent back to NXT where she tagged with Shotzi Blackheart and won/lost the women’s tags.

Then they called up Shotzi as a tag team with Tegan Nox instead for some reason, had them beat the champs Natalya and Tamina 3 times in a row in non title matches, then a split them up in the draft without getting a title shot.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

They didn't have Asuka put her over in NXT > they were between having good rosters while she was champion > they had no intention of doing anything with her on the main roster > she got hurt doing a goofy dumbass segment > they shipped her back to developmental to do something or other. I think she was tag champ with Shotzi Blackheart? I might be making that up. Who cares.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Everything is terrible, thanks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The Miz is a perfectly fine midcard heel, just like Orton is a good upper-mid card guy.

Neither should be pushed more than that and neither should have been on tv every week for 15 years.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Destroy My Sweater posted:

THE GENERATION OF JADE

Who's THATB?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Psycho Mantits posted:

To paraphrase Trevor Dunn talking about the Red Hot Chili Peppers: The Miz, in all seriousness, really isn't that good. I mean c'mon, he was vaguely interesting in late 2016, but Christ, he loving sucks. He sucks.

Nick Cave posted:

I’m forever near a television set saying, ‘What the gently caress is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Miz doing a wrestling match.

https://i.imgur.com/DfAPHab.mp4

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

where are the creed brothers and why aren't they squashing jobbers with wicked suplexes

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

lol what was this originally?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

lmao

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Critical posted:

lol what was this originally?

I'm not looking it up and going by memory its wolfmother

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Correct, it was about Wolfmother

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lol at the guy behind Mr. Bungle giving anyone poo poo for their music.

Edit: wait, I was thinking Primus for some reason. Nevermind.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 5, 2021

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

bartok posted:

I hope Vince never discovers Squid Game.

Why would Vince care about a show about exploiting people without better options in to killing themselves and each other over the chance at money when he already has four?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Evil Badman posted:

Why would Vince care about a show about exploiting people without better options in to killing themselves and each other over the chance at money when he already has four Koreans?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1445494265824509956

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Everything is terrible, thanks.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I like Miz and Mrs.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Lol at the guy behind Mr. Bungle giving anyone poo poo for their music.

Edit: wait, I was thinking Primus for some reason. Nevermind.

I dunno, the point was just Wolfmother was tragically derivative and that's not an accusation you can throw at Primus. They put more of themselves into endless Rush tributes than Wolfmother have ever put into their own song writing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The draft's a draw, brother, do it every week

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
https://imgur.com/a/dUucoYT

I got a casting notice today for something called WWE Evil.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dr. Baker posted:

Wow, finally a WWE signing from New Japan I'm happy to see

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Dr. Baker posted:

Isn't that this: https://deadline.com/2021/05/peacock-pins-john-cenas-wwe-evil-series-sets-multi-part-joe-montana-documentary-1234753671/

Makes me wonder if they are going to try and do Dark Side of the Ring style recreations, but about kayfabe stuff like, Hogan joining the NWO.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when you show up to the casting call they give you tickets for the next show

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
“WWE Evil is described as a “psychological exposé” into the minds of the most diabolical antagonists in WWE history and their impact on mainstream culture. Wrestler-actor Cena is writing the project and also will narrate and exec produce”

sounds shite

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Seams posted:

“WWE Evil is described as a “psychological exposé” into the minds of the most diabolical antagonists in WWE history and their impact on mainstream culture. Wrestler-actor Cena is writing the project and also will narrate and exec produce”

sounds shite

sounds like the show evil uno is doing for giant bomb lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

when you show up to the casting call they give you tickets for the next show

lol

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Seams posted:

sounds shite

We'll finally get an official Lore of the Fiend TV show!

More poo poo I just don't care for...

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I like to imagine WWE runs it's film production wing the same way it does the wrestling one, where they just hire a ton of actors and have them show up to a set and maybe 1/4th of them actually do anything and half of them get fired every other week.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Seams posted:

sounds shite

"Hustle Loyalty Respect" is being replaced by "Write Narrate Executive Produce" as Cena's new catchphrase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Drakkel posted:

I like to imagine WWE runs it's film production wing the same way it does the wrestling one, where they just hire a ton of actors and have them show up to a set and maybe 1/4th of them actually do anything and half of them get fired every other week.

5’8 Al Pacino stuck on developmental while 6’8 Brad Garrett immediately gets starring roles.