Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pmchem posted:

you know, there's another wildcard with Monty. Tarik Cohen can come off PUP as early as week 7. When Monty comes back he may not have the same PPR volume he had to start the season.

Jamaal Williams or Montgomery, rest of fantasy regular season?
You're overthinking it. Monty all the way because he's still the primary actual runner in that backfield and Chicago is going to have to run to win games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You're overthinking it. Monty all the way because he's still the primary actual runner in that backfield and Chicago is going to have to run to win games.

yeah, probably. I'm just in a bad spot in one league (12-team, usual format with flex, PPR) because I've been decimated by injuries. Jeudy. Mixon. Montgomery. Very easy to patch around 1-2 injuries from your top 5 picks. Gets more annoying when it's three of your top five. I can still field Kamara and Javonte Williams as starting RBs but need some depth and Monty's backup is on the wire.

Rate these guys by level of droppability for that league:
Josh Gordon
Christian Kirk
Jerry Jeudy
Jaylen Waddle
Dallas Goedert
Kyle Pitts

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would be pretty shocked if Damien Williams was worth owning. I think people remember the big runs (which were really catches) in the playoffs but not the futility he displayed during the regular season.

Mahomes going bezerk opened up big opportunities in the playoff for big runs but I'm personally staying away from that backfield if you're trying to run Williams out of it.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Any RB is worth owning if he's looking at the starting job for multiple weeks imo. Especially in a run heavy offense and a three down role

edit: except mike davis

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 5, 2021

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

pmchem posted:

yeah, probably. I'm just in a bad spot in one league (12-team, usual format with flex, PPR) because I've been decimated by injuries. Jeudy. Mixon. Montgomery. Very easy to patch around 1-2 injuries from your top 5 picks. Gets more annoying when it's three of your top five. I can still field Kamara and Javonte Williams as starting RBs but need some depth and Monty's backup is on the wire.

Rate these guys by level of droppability for that league:
Josh Gordon
Christian Kirk
Jerry Jeudy
Jaylen Waddle
Dallas Goedert
Kyle Pitts

You can drop Gordon. Since 2015, when has he done anything relevant?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Saddamnit posted:

You can drop Gordon. Since 2015, when has he done anything relevant?

tend to agree but the possible upside of him with Mahomes and being elevated to the active roster so quickly is intriguing. nevertheless that’s why he was at the top of the list.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Josh Gordon is the #1 drop by a mile.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
What are y’all doing with JuJu at this point? Anyone dropping? I just don’t see that situation improving.

FWIW, in the league I’m thinking about dropping him in (full PPR), my WRs are:

Davante Adams
Amari Cooper
Brandin Cooks
DeVonta Smith

None of those dudes have bye week conflicts, so I’m starting to feel like he’s gonna be a drop soon to accommodate for bye week fill-ins at other positions.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

generic one posted:

What are y’all doing with JuJu at this point? Anyone dropping? I just don’t see that situation improving.

FWIW, in the league I’m thinking about dropping him in (full PPR), my WRs are:

Davante Adams
Amari Cooper
Brandin Cooks
DeVonta Smith

None of those dudes have bye week conflicts, so I’m starting to feel like he’s gonna be a drop soon to accommodate for bye week fill-ins at other positions.

Diontae is the clear lead WR on the Steelers and Roethlisberger looks completely washed. Even with Claypool hurt I don’t think he’s worth taking up roster space

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My RBs are CMC, Miles Sanders, Gaskin, Hines and Tyson.
I am trying to get at least one of Demian W., Latavius M., Gainwell or Alex Collins.

I'm thinking of dropping Hines 1st and Gaskin 2nd if I somehow get two of them. Does that seem right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Chernabog posted:

I am trying to get at least one of Demian W., Latavius M., Gainwell or Alex Collins.

I'm thinking of dropping Hines 1st and Gaskin 2nd if I somehow get two of them. Does that seem right?

I'd drop Gaskin first honestly. Hines might even be your 2nd best RB because wtf eagles.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Chernabog posted:

If Tyson is Ty’son Williams I’d drop him before any of your other RBs

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah it's Ty'son W. I think I'll drop Gaskin 1st and then Ty'son.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Cat Hassler posted:

Diontae is the clear lead WR on the Steelers and Roethlisberger looks completely washed. Even with Claypool hurt I don’t think he’s worth taking up roster space

That’s pretty much where I’m at, and there’s still rando big James Washington games and Najee getting the looks on dump offs. Plus, like you said, Ben = washed.

Chernabog posted:

What’s the scoring format? If it’s full PPR, I think I’d drop T. Williams over Hines. I’d hold on to Gaskin for another week. Dolphins offense went way off script, and with Tua coming back soon, could be worthwhile seeing how that shakes out.

I don’t like any of those waiver options you’ve got honestly, but D. Williams is probably your best bet for this weekend. Should put up points against Vegas. Gainwell’s gonna be in a timeshare with Sanders (at the most), Murray’s just trading one BAL RB for another, and Collins may not see much work if Carson is good to go.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Full PPR. Yeah, I don't like my options on the WW but my RBs aren't much better.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Chernabog posted:

Full PPR. Yeah, I don't like my options on the WW but my RBs aren't much better.

If you really need a win this weekend, I’d drop T. Williams for D. Williams. If you don’t get him, hold and save your FAAB (or wire position). The rest are long shots.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Short loving bench but I'm worried about Chris Carson popping up on the injury report/maybe being bad. My only backup RB is Nyheim Hines. Wondering if I should drop one of Aiyuk or Mooney for Alex Collins.

It's a 12-teamer with a 4(!) player bench. I'm sure as hell not dropping Jakobi Meyers.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Tannehill droppable yet? Am having a pretty hard time trusting him enough to actually play him

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Short loving bench but I'm worried about Chris Carson popping up on the injury report/maybe being bad. My only backup RB is Nyheim Hines. Wondering if I should drop one of Aiyuk or Mooney for Alex Collins.

It's a 12-teamer with a 4(!) player bench. I'm sure as hell not dropping Jakobi Meyers.

Aiyuk has been pretty worthless. I’d drop him over Mooney for sure.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Tannehill droppable yet? Am having a pretty hard time trusting him enough to actually play him

I’m finding bench space in leagues where I can, because I feel like his season’s still salvageable at this point. It certainly hasn’t helped that Brown and Jones have been banged up, but when the best options are gonna be Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold, or Mac Jones in most leagues, I start to cringe (despite how well the first two have looked so far, and the matchup the last one has this weekend).

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Hmmm, Daniel Jones is QB7 on the season... :thunk:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Hmmm, Daniel Jones is QB7 on the season... :thunk:

Yeah, and it feels gross.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

generic one posted:

People laughed at me when I drafted him in that best ball league but he's been my best QB lmaoooo

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

generic one posted:

Jalen Hurts is now QB3, NFC East QB superiority :barf:

Dropped Tannehill for him last week and I can't argue with the results

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

People laughed at me when I drafted him in that best ball league but he's been my best QB lmaoooo

Yeah, well, at the beginning of the season, the laughter was justified. Now it’s more like :hmbol:

And by HMBOL, I mean it by its origination, the scene with Walter White in Breaking Bad when he discovers all the money’s gone and has a psychotic break.

Bellmaker posted:

Jalen Hurts is now QB3, NFC East QB superiority :barf:

Dropped Tannehill for him last week and I can't argue with the results

How on earth was Hurts undrafted in your league? I feel like he was taken in the initial draft for all six of my redraft leagues.

Edit: clarification

generic one fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 6, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He was undrafted in all my leagues I believe

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

He was undrafted in all my leagues I believe

Are you playing in 8 team leagues? :lmao:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

generic one posted:

Are you playing in 8 team leagues? :lmao:

Nevermind I checked and I was wrong haha

10 team leagues

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
Hurts is still available in my league lol, 10 team

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

This thread told me to drop Hurts after drafting both him and Stafford (9th/10th rounds, 12-team league). I've been starting Hurts and reaping the rewards.

Nevertheless, that's the same league where I had Mixon, Monty, and Jeudy injured.

Damien Williams just went for 100%, yes all $100 of someone's FAAB in that league (in fact, it went to the guy I beat last week, so I guess he was mad about our close game!). I got Alex Collins for $16 (dropping Gordon), and I play the Carson owner this week.

Now the Pollard owner is offering him and Golladay for Monty. If Pollard's snap share was even in the 40% range, I'd perhaps consider it, but he's more like a 30% guy.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
So I don't know what I was thinking, I just wanted to drop Tony Jones Jr. for somebody who might be a dart throw and got Dalton Schultz off waivers. The problem is now that leaves me with Kittle, Knox, and Schultz for no reason. I beat out another owner for Schultz by $1 and he only has Goedert. I'm thinking of making him a little babby trade to exchange darts. Who would you try to get from this list in exchange for Knox or Schultz:

0.5 PPR [Brackets are who he already has at the position]
Trey Lance [Lamar and Hurts]
Laviska Shenault [Tyreek, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Lamb, Michael Thomas]
Sermon, Gainwell [JT, Hunt, Singletary]

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Which RB would you ask for Kupp 1 for 1 in PPR?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chernabog posted:

He's the #3 non-QB antasy player overall in PPR right now so uh, CMC or Derrick Henry? He's 0.2 points behind Tyreek and 1.4 points behind Derrick Henry.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 6, 2021

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Thanks, I'm considering trading him because I really need some RB help. Generally people value WRs lower than RBs so I wasn't sure.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chernabog posted:

Thanks, I'm considering trading him because I really need some RB help. Generally people value WRs lower than RBs so I wasn't sure.
I'm not experienced with trades too much so its really hard to say what people would be willing to do, but Kupp is obviously Stafford's favorite target and is going off this year so I wouldnt undersell him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Speaking of trades, in a redraft SF PPR league where I've been competitive but am 0-4 (lost by 0.24 points this past week), a guy put Kelce on the trade block. Here are the respective rosters:
Me:
RWilson, Tannehill, Bridgewater
Kamara, Henderson, Javonte
DKM, MJJr, Corey Davis, BEdwards, Patrick, Gordon, AJG
Schultz, Maxx Williams

The other guy:
Herbert, Darnold, Roethlisburger
Chubb, James RB1son, JD McKissic, Alex Collins
ODB, Beasley, Curtis Samuel, Kirk, KJOsborn, Van Jefferson, Michael Thomas (IR)
Kelce

I'm considering offering Kamara, MJJr, and Maxx Williams for Kelce, JRob, and Curtis Samuel. However I'm worried I'm not getting enough value back with Samuel being an unknown but his WRs are dire and I feel like Samuel is a decent gamble with WFT needing a WR opposite Scary Terry.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 6, 2021

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Chernabog posted:

1WR:1RB best of the best or a 1WR:2RB top shelf guys if the other team has enough depth to do it.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Kupp is absolutely not worth CMC or Henry. High end running backs are worth more than high end WRs because there’s a much bigger difference in production between the high end RBs and the rest of the position.

You can make the offer of course but don’t be surprised if they find it insulting.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Speaking of trades, in a redraft SF PPR league, I'm considering offering Kamara, MJJr, and Maxx Williams for Kelce, JRob, and Curtis Samuel.
Guy countered with Kamara, DK Metcalf, and Dalton Schultz (#4 PPR TE) for Kelce, JRob, and any one of his WRs, none of which are even top 30 in 2021 points. His best fantasy WR is Christian Kirk. lmao

I laughed at his counter offer and his insistence that it was based on "player tiers" and cut off negotiations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just because a bum rear end TE is #4 through 4 games doesn’t mean he suddenly has a lot of value.

Like he is still miles and miles away from being worth anything close to Kelce’s value.