Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

They can tell you your baby’s sex as early as the 12 week ultrasound.

Just wondered if they were one of the people who wouldn't announce it publicly as soon as they can because of the myriad of complications that can arise in pregnancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Hirez posted:

yea but the goon phil helmuth; whatever his name was, (fragmaster maybe?)

Bill Filmaff was Fragmaster, yeah. He actually did a wrestling-style entrance in one of those videos and his music was himself rapping over, I think, the British National Anthem.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Twitch leak has revealed what people were making:

quote:

The following is the Twitch revenue data for the largest wrestling-related accounts for September 2019 through September 2021.

Keep in mind, these payouts are from subscriptions and bits. They do not include donations, which is a huge chunk of pay for streamers on Twitch typically.

Paige (@SarayaOfficial) – $478,224
Zelina Vega (@theatrinidad) – $341,748
Adam Cole (@TheCHUGS) – $318,080
Impact Wrestling (@impactwrestling) – $69,140
Tyler Breeze (@thesweetzlive) – $43,755
Evil Uno (@eviluno) – $35,742
Colt Cabana (@coltcabana) – $32,479
Xavier Woods (@AustinCreed) – $25,431
https://www.sescoops.com/2021/10/twitch-leak-includes-payouts-for-adam-cole-paige-zelina-vega/

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Holy gently caress, add in donations and Adam Cole's probably making main eventer money from Twitch

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 6, 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'm sure Zelina is very happy she gave up making a third of a million dollars a year so she could go back to WWE and probably get paid a fraction of that to be made into a complete idiot loser every week.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If I were in WWE I'd be even more pissed about not being allowed to do Twitch. There's so much loving money on the table for these people.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

some asterisks: the numbers in the leak were total gross income (meaning not monthly/yearly revenue) and it was unclear whether it was before or after twitch took their cut

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The F4WVideo number was like $78,000

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

flatluigi posted:

some asterisks: the numbers in the leak were total gross income (meaning not monthly/yearly revenue) and it was unclear whether it was before or after twitch took their cut
why did I start posting on an internet forum instead of wiggling my butt in a tiny pool located in my kitchen

well I guess its never too late to start

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You can do both at the same time tbf

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah where else would you be posting from

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

those are 2-year numbers, not 1-year numbers, right? so zelina gave up (not counting donations obviously) ~170k a year, not 340k a year. also those numbers are after twitch/amazon's cut, not before, right?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Procrastinator posted:

those are 2-year numbers, not 1-year numbers, right? so zelina gave up (not counting donations obviously) ~170k a year, not 340k a year. also those numbers are after twitch/amazon's cut, not before, right?
Nobody's 100% sure including the streamers themselves

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I don't understand monetized gamer streaming. I can pull up Adam Cole's Twitch right now and watch it, wtf would I be paying for?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

those numbers are the pre-tax rev numbers from just subscriptions and bit totals. any money not done directly through twitch would not reflect in those numbers.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mons Hubris posted:

I don't understand monetized gamer streaming. I can pull up Adam Cole's Twitch right now and watch it, wtf would I be paying for?

it's mostly 'if you care enough about this person you can spend money' from stuff like disabling ads to being able to chat in the channel to unlocking emotes to use in other streams, with some channels further incentivizing spending money to make the streamer do things

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

it's mostly 'if you care enough about this person you can spend money' from stuff like disabling ads to being able to chat in the channel to unlocking emotes to use in other streams, with some channels further incentivizing spending money to make the streamer do things

Evil Uno's lets you donate bits for Mrs. Uno to shoot him with various nerf guns.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pylons posted:

Evil Uno's lets you donate bits for Mrs. Uno to shoot him with various nerf guns.

This is worth it

Does Mr.s Uno wear the same mask but it has a bow on it?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

The F4WVideo number was like $78,000

In the mud.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Mons Hubris posted:

Removing ads which on some channels can be up to 6 minutes straight of ads per hour. Or if you watch one streamer hours every day you can drop $10 bucks and say "hey I've watched you more than I've watched Netflix this week you deserve my money more"

Some streamers pretend to get bullied for your money and most of them have a lot more than you do.

It's tipping culture, idk. If a restaurant worker was nice to me for 30 minutes I'll drop them five to ten bucks, now imagine the people dropping money don't leave home that much and watch one streamer for 8 hours a day.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there’s a youtuber that i donate £10 a month to on patreon because i literally do watch more of his stuff than i watch on netflix

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Endless Mike posted:

This is worth it

Does Mr.s Uno wear the same mask but it has a bow on it?

she wears an old Player Uno mask with the teeth and it looks horrifying

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

one of my online friends from a zelda board i used to post on is a huge youtuber now and while its cool to see him be able to buy a house with youtube money it always felt weird signing up for his patreon when i used to troll him for having really strong opinions about the timeline

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tampa Bae posted:

Removing ads which on some channels can be up to 6 minutes straight of ads per hour. Or if you watch one streamer hours every day you can drop $10 bucks and say "hey I've watched you more than I've watched Netflix this week you deserve my money more"

Some streamers pretend to get bullied for your money and most of them have a lot more than you do.

It's tipping culture, idk. If a restaurant worker was nice to me for 30 minutes I'll drop them five to ten bucks, now imagine the people dropping money don't leave home that much and watch one streamer for 8 hours a day.

I watched 7 hours of WWE content this week, where can I tip Vince a few bucks

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://shop.wwe.com/products/mr-mcmahon-pop-vinyl-figurechase-variant

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Just choose one of the following

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i always stand up for wwe

Stand up and turn it off :hehe:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i always stand up for wwe

Stand up and turn it off :hehe:

Statler and Waldorf would be a better commentary team than anything WWE has had in 20 years.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the tenth thing on the Ten Ways To Stand Up For WWE list being "uh check back later" rules

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I think he owes you $100. Per hour.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/38_skxlarrr/status/1445813333710434305?s=20

Bo Dallas is a farm now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Snacksmaniac posted:

Just choose one of the following

That one is out of date.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

MassRafTer posted:

That one is out of date.

This is going to become the new Invoice, isn't it?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

We took Bo Dallas away to live on a farm where he can play with all the other Rotundas.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Amazing. Did you make that?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

That one is out of date.

Lmfao

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexM_talkSPORT/status/1445418727663669248

Graves just burying Dana Brooke on commentary. How the gently caress does this help her get over or someone get heat?

let's see how this plays out, ok buddy?

MassRafTer posted:

That one is out of date.

i'm dyingh

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1445843128590782465

e:

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 6, 2021

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

idk if it's a recent thing but lol good move to make that tweet "no replies" which Bryan Alvarez should consider doing to prevent the same old tweets every loving time

Looks like Rampage beat NXT for that week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Drakkel posted:

I can only imagine Io will show up and just get slotted directly into the Kairi Sane role of "Asuka's Best Friend who everyone just relentlessly beats the poo poo out of for real for no discernable reason"

I dunno, usually in the 1.0 era every new girl got in with Io during their first month and she absolutely was not above throwing a forearm to the face of someone taking liberties or just being reckless in general. With that said you are probably right that she will be stuck with Auska and asked to take the pins.