Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

once the jags can him he'll probably cool off for a year and then pull a Charlie Weis to be a big splash at a lesser football school and win three times in two years before peacing out forever with a big bag of cash

Meyer is going to have way way better options than a Kansas tier team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Them, Missouri and Texas.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1445778914517807104

Man I so want him to go away.

McMurphy is legit for those that don't follow college reporters.

That tweet should read "72% of college football ADs are liars. Group of 5 ADs less likely to lie than P5."

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Urban Meyer won national titles at two schools and the only person either on earth or in history who can also say that is Saban. If he wants a college job he will get one without any trouble at all, AND because of the first part of this sentence he will recruit well if he puts effort in.

As much as that might suck, actually having won titles will open him doors til he's senile.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
So much ropy ejaculate.

He did it on purpose.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
I just want my loving avatar back. Damnit.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

mayodreams posted:

So you’re saying it’s Kansas.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Meyer is going to have way way better options than a Kansas tier team.

i hate you all

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Urban doesn’t have to have a job he is plenty rich.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He needs the spotlight though

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1445893138330050561?t=EZ_UkU8LASM_eVREQfB2gg&s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

seiferguy posted:

If you take away Chip Kelly's racism (huge if, yes I know) I don't think he was a terrible coach, provided you don't give him personnel control like Philly did his last season. His one season with SF was a Jed York special.

By all accounts Chip Kelly was a huge loving rear end in a top hat who treated his players like college kids. The only other thing he had going for him is that he was an offensive innovator, but once NFL defenses caught up in after his first ten games he was was done.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

kansas has zero interest in urban meyer because they just committed to a long rebuild with lance leipold AND they just did the rough equivalent of hiring a big name former title winning coach and it worked out extremely badly for them

also urban wouldn't have much interest at coaching a kansas-level football program; he has enough reputation (bootyhole poppin be damned) that he could coach at a bigger name that's more of a fixer-upper, and college football ADs aren't going to care about one bad nfl season when making a hiring decision. the big name people like to tease him to (usc) is not going to hire him because they're currently paying out a ton of money as part of a settlement for sexual abuse and that'd be maybe the worst look imaginable for a school and athletic department whose reputation is circling around in the shitter. if he doesn't see a job he likes, he can just slide right back into college football commentating until he sees something open up. he's peepee doodoo garbage as a pro football coach (and as a human being) but his name still has a ton of cachet in college and unlike, say, bobby petrino or hugh freeze, he didn't piss off the wrong people

if you don't know about college football it's okay to not have an opinion on it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

DariusLikewise posted:

By all accounts Chip Kelly was a huge loving rear end in a top hat who treated his players like college kids. The only other thing he had going for him is that he was an offensive innovator, but once NFL defenses caught up in after his first ten games he was was done.

There was also the problem that the NFL neutered the speed at which he wanted to play. Officials literally stood over the ball after plays and wouldn't let it be snapped early.

https://www.nfl.com/news/will-chip-kelly-s-new-eagles-offense-be-held-up-by-refs-0ap1000000223287

quote:

Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly's up-tempo offense might have a deterrent.

Not players unable to run it. Not opponents able to stop it. But referees slowing it down.

"We have to make sure teams understand that they don't control the tempo; our officials do," NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino told The Wall Street Journal on Monday. "We're going through our normal ball mechanics. We aren't going to rush (unless) it's in the two-minute drill."

Those normal game-slowing mechanics include: changing balls when a play goes out of bounds or on an incomplete pass; the referee who spots the ball positioning himself behind the deepest offensive back before the snap; and allowing the defense to substitute after an offensive substitution.

Neither Kelly nor the Eagles commented on the story, but Blandino told the newspaper that the first-year NFL coach didn't show any "overconcern" about these changes when the two met in Philadelphia.

The pace question isn't a new concern for teams. In 2010, the Peyton Manning-led Indianapolis Coltstook issue with the time it took for the referee to get to his new-at-the-time spot behind the running back. Even last season, teams took issue with how fast Tom Brady and the New England Patriots ran their no-huddle offense. New York Jets linebacker Calvin Pace even defined it as "borderline illegal."

It might be an issue in the preseason or in Week 1, but players, coaches and teams always adjust. At least one former ref believes Kelly will have to adjust his style.

"In the NFL, I don't see him having the juice to persuade crews to work faster," said Mike Pereira, former NFL vice president of officiating and current TV analyst. "In fact, I know he doesn't."

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

PupsOfWar posted:

Meyer popularized a lot of stuff that's common in spread offenses today - basically took the two spread philosophies that existed as of the early 2000s (air raid and rodriguez-style zone read), synthesized them, and added some power running concepts back in.

interesting read thanks.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
god he might actually go to FSU, things are going terribly since Jimbo left, they've got plenty of money, and very few scruples. god that'd help break any final ties i have to FSU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

god he might actually go to FSU, things are going terribly since Jimbo left, they've got plenty of money, and very few scruples. god that'd help break any final ties i have to FSU

Why not Miami!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

There was also the problem that the NFL neutered the speed at which he wanted to play. Officials literally stood over the ball after plays and wouldn't let it be snapped early.

https://www.nfl.com/news/will-chip-kelly-s-new-eagles-offense-be-held-up-by-refs-0ap1000000223287

I'm shocked that a bunch of petty tyrants decided they were the ones that ruled barter town.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I think FSU not wanting to spend money is the main reason they don't have Jimbo anymore if I remember right?

I mean maybe they've rethought that and want to spend it now I guess because whew that was a nose dive.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Well, they'd still be correct in not handing those fat stacks to jombo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He’d have to play clemson once a year, as well as Florida.

He wants to go somewhere he can sleep walk through the season while sexually assaulting twenty one year olds with impunity. USC is the perfect match.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
You can't sleep on things as a PAC-12 coach, there may be no conference in America that loves eating its own ranked teams than the PAC. Look at what happened to Oregon last weekend.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

You can't sleep on things as a PAC-12 coach, there may be no conference in America that loves eating its own ranked teams than the PAC. Look at what happened to Oregon last weekend.

Yea, but that’s because nobody in the conference is that good.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Love Mike Florio lol.

quote:

As storm clouds continue to hover directly over Jaguars coach Urban Meyer, it’s fair to ask a simple question regarding his short-term future. If he’s fired or if he quits, who takes over?

Assistant head coach Charlie Strong has as much NFL experience as Meyer — four games and counting. Strong would surely not be the interim coach.

Defensive coordinator Joe Cullen would be a hard sell, given his “Sir, this is a Wendy’s” moment from yesteryear. Offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell would make the most sense, especially since passing game coordinator Brian Schottenheimer could then take over as the offensive coordinator.

Still, none of the internal options seem ideal. So maybe owner Shad Khan should consider doing something extremely unconventional, making an outside hire for the interim job.

The best option, by far, would be Hall of Fame coach Tony Dungy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Still waiting for Tony Dungy's bullygate investigation findings.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Declan MacManus posted:

if you don't know about college football it's okay to not have an opinion on it

I don't know about college football and my opinion is that everything you said is wrong, for many legitimate reasons which you clearly failed to recognize.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

NFL teams really need to go back to messing with no huddle, speed snapping etc instead of giving defenses all the time in the world to line up and get their responsibilities set. Yeah it's harder for the quarterback to read the defense which can be an issue but I still think it's an opportunity that way too many teams show little or no interest in.

Even breaking the huddle and rushing to the line to speed snap a running play usually adds a good amount of value, no huddle even more so because it tires out the defense and makes them more likely to make mistakes in coverage and be ineffective rushing the quarterback.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ehud posted:

Still waiting for Tony Dungy's bullygate investigation findings.

Tony Dungy would be a killer hire. Getting a legend like him to hang around will really change the culture there.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Forrest on Fire posted:

Tony Dungy would be a killer hire. Getting a legend like him to hang around will really change the culture there.
:golfclap:

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Forrest on Fire posted:

jesus christ

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Forrest on Fire posted:

oof

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Apologies for linking to what I think is a conservative-leaning site, but:

https://twitter.com/Chris_1791/status/1446214522742587414

...if that's what it takes for Urban to get his wife off nowadays, then you know things are rough.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

When asked how his marriage was going, Meyer said he gives his wife two thumbs up.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Forrest on Fire posted:

:bisonyes:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://twitter.com/tonydungy/status/1424794141255356442

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jesus

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This needs to be posted too: https://i.imgur.com/u4akwpn.gifv

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Can we get the old Tony Dungy holocaust gif mixed with the Tom Brady picture?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This just made my day.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

My head canon is Tom pulled that face on purpose.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

And then they kissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

And then they kissed.

If that is what you call devouring the soul of whoever took that picture then yes they did.