Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Ok, I have a plethora of options in my dynasty league with McCaffrey back. I have to pick three of him, Henderson, Chubb, and Robinson. Currently thinking Chubb is the odd man out but I can't decide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The only trade that I vetoed (that later turned into a giant argument about women's rights and ability to make decisions for themselves) was when someone who was out of playoff contention traded a top 10 RB for a backup TE because they liked his name better.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ChocolatePancake posted:

Ok, I have a plethora of options in my dynasty league with McCaffrey back. I have to pick three of him, Henderson, Chubb, and Robinson. Currently thinking Chubb is the odd man out but I can't decide.

Chubb is the locked in one, as is healthy CMC

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

e: wrong thread

Cart Mountain fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 8, 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

The only trade that I vetoed (that later turned into a giant argument about women's rights and ability to make decisions for themselves) was when someone who was out of playoff contention traded a top 10 RB for a backup TE because they liked his name better.

Yeah that sort of thing is best resolved with league rules prohibiting trades either after a certain deadline, or between teams eliminated from playoffs and those not-eliminated, or both. But if you didn't have the foresight to implement rules like that, then it's the sort of thing a commissioner should be ready to veto.

It also usually comes down to a big disparity in experience or expectations w/r/t the league; someone thinks it's super-casual for laughs and a trade like the one you described is hilarious, someone else takes it seriously and that trade fucks up the whole playoffs. Setting expectations before week 1 is another good practice.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My rule is that the trade has to be a reasonable attempt to improve your team, you cannot trade a player for a chicken sandwich or because they have a cool nickname.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 8, 2021

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Cart Mountain posted:

Half PPR, Corey Davis or Alex Collins

I’m flexing Davis this week even though it’s a London game. Wilson is getting better and seems to trust him

Collins might go off but I wouldn’t count on it. Game could get out of hand and they might throw a lot

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
My league used to do league voting and we literally would have people text other guys after a trade happened telling them to veto it, but after taking over as commish for a couple seasons i changed it to commissioner approval (it's me and another non bias dude who is also a commissioner making the decision) which caused a bit of a stir, but i just told them to suck it up or find a different league. No one left and there hasn't been an issue since. League voting is stupid and anyone who wants it should go make their own league.

Best abuse of commish powers imo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea anytime I ever played in a league that allowed vetos (like 8 years ago), literally every trade you’d have people texting other people to veto trades, strictly because it made one team better. It’s ridiculous.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
FINALLY, Bob Woods comes to life! Ten catches so far tonight. 123 yards.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Woods will have some good games for sure, but will you ever feel confident starting him?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

shyduck posted:

Is Aaron Jones legitimately questionable for Sunday?

No, worst case it will be 50-50 split. Realistically it will be more like 60-40. He's got a bit of an ankle problem, but nothing major.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

dkj posted:

Woods will have some good games for sure, but will you ever feel confident starting him?

In 1 ppr absolutely. Anything less than that? Flex at best.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah that sort of thing is best resolved with league rules prohibiting trades either after a certain deadline, or between teams eliminated from playoffs and those not-eliminated, or both. But if you didn't have the foresight to implement rules like that, then it's the sort of thing a commissioner should be ready to veto.

It also usually comes down to a big disparity in experience or expectations w/r/t the league; someone thinks it's super-casual for laughs and a trade like the one you described is hilarious, someone else takes it seriously and that trade fucks up the whole playoffs. Setting expectations before week 1 is another good practice.

Unrelated to your point but I got confused for a second reading w/r/t as WR/RB/TE instead of "with regards to".

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Woods was due for a big game

My opponent with a super stacked team started Russell Wilson and Cooper Kupp tonight and looks like I’ve got a shot

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How come my Rams D/ST didn’t get a blocked kick stat?

Do blocked punts not count as blocked kicks?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

RCarr posted:

How come my Rams D/ST didn’t get a blocked kick stat?

Do blocked punts not count as blocked kicks?

Maybe because he actually did get a punt off? Nobody really knows what to do with that play.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

Maybe because he actually did get a punt off? Nobody really knows what to do with that play.

That was the weirdest thing. Heads up play by the kicker!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shirts and skins posted:

We saw a unicorn last night.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

dkj posted:

Bobby Trees used to be Mr. Consistency, and the coaching staff said this past week they wanted to get him more involved. Could be the start of something.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Yea I’m hoping they just give me the blocked kick as a stat correction, but I could see them saying it doesn’t count because he eventually got it off.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm going to drop Agholor to pick up a TE to backup Hockenson in case he is ruled out this Sunday. I'm leaning Maxx Williams but Tyler Conklin and Uzomah are both available. I feel like Williams is the obvious pickup (he has been the most consistent of the three) but I'm asking in case there was news I missed that may make either of the other two a better option. I'm half tempted to pick up Dan Arnold because TLaw lost Chark and the rest of the WRs on the Jags are.... JAGs.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm going to drop Agholor to pick up a TE to backup Hockenson in case he is ruled out this Sunday. I'm leaning Maxx Williams but Tyler Conklin and Uzomah are both available. I feel like Williams is the obvious pickup (he has been the most consistent of the three) but I'm asking in case there was news I missed that may make either of the other two a better option. I'm half tempted to pick up Dan Arnold because TLaw lost Chark and the rest of the WRs on the Jags are.... JAGs.

Is Brate available? Feels like he’s unrostered in most leagues, and Brady gave him looks that Gronk would usually get. Miami isn’t great against TEs, either. He’s not gonna Gronk out, but he might get you through the week.

Out of those options, yeah, I’d probably go Williams.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

generic one posted:

Is Brate available? Feels like he’s unrostered in most leagues, and Brady gave him looks that Gronk would usually get. Miami isn’t great against TEs, either. He’s not gonna Gronk out, but he might get you through the week.

Out of those options, yeah, I’d probably go Williams.
Oh he's not rostered, good call, I think I like him over Williams as a fill-in because I dont want to keep two TEs rostered forever anyway. Thank you! poo poo like this is why I like sanity checking here.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think the argument for Williams is there because of the offense he plays in, but Conklin beats him in routes run by a significant number. He also has a better match up, as I dont think the 49ers give up a lot of fantasy points to tight ends. But honestly, tight end is always a crap shoot.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

loving Robert Woods has been a big rear end enigma, he should be good... but keeps not being good.

I've got an 8 person league, trying to pick my flex for the week between Shenault, Knox, C Patterson, & Woods. I think the hawks are gonna get blown the gently caress out on the ground, so I don't think Woods is the guy, but not really sure between the other 3.

edit: yeah
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

lol this is what I get for benching woods.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

lol this is what I get for benching woods.

Eh don’t feel bad, most of us were benching him (I assume). I knew he was gonna pop off eventually but just no way was I starting him over Terry or Deebo right now until he proved himself and by golly did he prove himself last night.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I'm playing the guy in our league who I most want to beat every year. I started my Woods against his Kupp. :feelsgood:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RCarr posted:

Yea I’m hoping they just give me the blocked kick as a stat correction, but I could see them saying it doesn’t count because he eventually got it off.

This is how it was listed in the play by play. I think you're screwed.

4 & 14 - SEA 21

(3:00 - 3rd) M.Dickson punts 68 yards to LAR 11 Center-T.Ott. Downed by SEA.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Worked out two options with the DJ Moore owner. I have Knox and Schultz as TE’s after Kittle. 0.5 PPR keeper league (I probably wouldn’t keep Kittle anyway)

Kittle/Edmonds/Pollard for DJ Moore/Trey Lance

or

Kittle/Edmonds/6th round next season for DJ Moore/Trey Lance

Thoughts? I have Najee and Henderson as my two RBs and just traded for James Conner so I’d still rather not give up Pollard, leaning towards giving up the 6th round since that’s usually a “meh” round anyway.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Whoreson Welles posted:

Worked out two options with the DJ Moore owner. I have Knox and Schultz as TE’s after Kittle. 0.5 PPR keeper league (I probably wouldn’t keep Kittle anyway)

or

Thoughts? I have Najee and Henderson as my two RBs and just traded for James Conner so I’d still rather not give up Pollard, leaning towards giving up the 6th round since that’s usually a “meh” round anyway.
You are kinda focusing on a weird part of this trade, and I think you'd need to post your whole team to see if this makes sense.

edit: Never mind, this is dynasty.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Got a trade proposal in that I'm actually thinking of accepting.

10 team standard league.

Giving: Keenan Allen
Getting: Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski

Now in a neutral situation I'd dislike being on the 1 side of a 2-for-1 trade. But I'm loaded at WR (DJ Moore, McLaurin, Deebo, Devonta Smith, Claypool, Pittman) and could use an upgrade at TE (Higbee). Plus my QB is Brady and Gronk/AB could give me a nice stack in the right matchup.

I know Keenan is going to go off at some point but Williams' emergence has made him less dependable. Would I be crazy to go for it?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

10 team standard league.

Now in a neutral situation I'd dislike being on the 1 side of a 2-for-1 trade. But I'm loaded at WR (DJ Moore, McLaurin, Deebo, Devonta Smith, Claypool, Pittman) and could use an upgrade at TE (Higbee). Plus my QB is Brady and Gronk/AB could give me a nice stack in the right matchup.

I know Keenan is going to go off at some point but Williams' emergence has made him less dependable. Would I be crazy to go for it?

We have no idea how long Gronk is even out for. Could be another week or could be another 2 months.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Friendly reminder there’s a London game this week. Falcons vs Jets. This game starts at 9:30am on Sunday.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

shirts and skins posted:

10 team standard league.

I'd rather try to work something out for Waller if you're giving up a WR1. Who knows how long Gronk is out or how long he'll survive when he's back.

Or maybe offer Claypool just for Gronk since it's a low risk given your depth.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

10 team standard league.

oooo no sir I don't like that one

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

shirts and skins posted:

10 team standard league.

Don't like this for you at all. Hard pass.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Okay, thanks. Yeah, you're right. I've been looking to move Allen for more strength elsewhere but that's not the way. Thanks all.

E. A lot of this league's TE problem is one guy who auto drafted three top 10 TEs who is just sitting on them and won't respond to trades. Love it. You pay $100 to run a team like that?

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 9, 2021

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Forgot I offered someone Cooper and Patterson for Hopkins and just saw they accepted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Whoreson Welles posted:

or

So the other owner pulled this when Kittle got the Doubtful designation. He’s now asking for Edmonds/Knox/Evans for Moore/Lance which I feel like I’m overpaying for Moore at that point. Although it would leave me with McLaurin, Deebo, and Moore in my flex pretty much every week so I wouldn’t need the third RB except for bye fill-in.