Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

It's a pickaxe upgrade, therefore it's shown on the pickaxe, and the harvest time on the ores is updated too. What about that doesn't make sense?

I do not mean the pickaxe level I mean the one that uses energy, it does not update the harvest count on ore it stays the same when it completes.

This

does not effect this

it does effect this (which produces nothing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

pixaal posted:

It doesn't change any of the numbers on the stone though. So it's an additional multiplier but not shown in the UI beyond when you hover over the pickaxe? It really should be shown calculated in the actual drop rate tooltip.

How the pickaxe upgrade works is it adds more efficiency multiplier to the pickaxe itself which makes it mine faster. The pickaxe then gives a separate multiplier to stone for drops and also adds linear mining rate for speed.

No this isn't explained anywhere and requires taking notes and yes it really should be shown.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rynoto posted:

How the pickaxe upgrade works is it adds more efficiency multiplier to the pickaxe itself which makes it mine faster. The pickaxe then gives a separate multiplier to stone for drops and also adds linear mining rate for speed.

No this isn't explained anywhere and requires taking notes and yes it really should be shown.

That's what I was looking for. Very little is actually explained so I'm left taking screenshots of tooltips I think it will effect then comparing them when it finishes. Which does not feel good, it feels early access, which is fine it very much looks like early development build with active development which can be really fun to see all the weird changes as they work out balance.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man steam is a ludicrous bottleneck later on, especially since the building to automate it is grossly expensive. I think I'm gonna quit, it was kinda interesting but it's gotten way too annoying to have to sit there and manually click on steam over and over to get an upgrade to something else.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

pixaal posted:

I do not mean the pickaxe level I mean the one that uses energy, it does not update the harvest count on ore it stays the same when it completes.

This

does not effect this

It increases the speed of the pickaxe. I just used one for the 7th Pickaxe Upgrade and it too my Stone speed from 4.5/s to 4.722/s. The Eff multiplier on the pickaxe's next upgrade also went up from x5 to x5.556. It would be nice if it told you what was being improved, but it's just the whole of it being upgraded.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

pixaal posted:

This

does not effect this

Dude, the tooltip of the pickaxe literally shows you what the pickaxe is harvesting. You even cut it out of your screenshot.

See that stone icon on the bottom? That's what the pickaxe is harvesting, and will harvest faster with the upgrade. And yes, the number on the stone DOES update when you get a pickaxe upgrade, the x.xxx/s number that shows how many you're getting how quickly. Lord allfucking mighty.

Toshimo posted:

I haven't found this to be the case at all. 1 Charcoal Miner has been keeping me net positive for quite a while.

When you start getting more metalwork factories 1 charcoal miner stops being enough real fast.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 8, 2021

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Also, get 2-3 charcoal miners ASAP. You'll hit a point very easily, without building bricks, where you're using coal faster than you're getting it with a single miner.

I haven't found this to be the case at all. 1 Charcoal Miner has been keeping me net positive for quite a while.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

What I want to know is how the gently caress you're supposed to get the 1 in millions drop off shiny stone. Going full send after prestiging once gets me a whole 30 per second and prestiging again isn't going to change that much.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

What I want to know is how the gently caress you're supposed to get the 1 in millions drop off shiny stone. Going full send after prestiging once gets me a whole 30 per second and prestiging again isn't going to change that much.

A lot of Gemstone Pickaxes and upgrades to it? It's going to be a lot before you get close to having decent odds on it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

dis astranagant posted:

At 1 in 120m and 60 actions per second, you'd be 50/50 after 2 weeks. Idk what your current odds are, so v0v.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Ghostlight posted:

I just got my second seed after building my second city.

If you mean the city builder thing that automates the brick -> house/citizen production, you absolutely should pursue the orchard -> trap line, it has a high chance of getting you extra tree seeds

Also the pickaxe upgrade does increase the mining speed on stone, not the efficiency multiplier in the top right. You'll see the x/s number go up after upgrading it.

Lilli fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 8, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dude, the tooltip of the pickaxe literally shows you what the pickaxe is harvesting. You even cut it out of your screenshot.

See that stone icon on the bottom? That's what the pickaxe is harvesting, and will harvest faster with the upgrade. And yes, the number on the stone DOES update when you get a pickaxe upgrade, the x.xxx/s number that shows how many you're getting how quickly. Lord allfucking mighty.

When you start getting more metalwork factories 1 charcoal miner stops being enough real fast.

I know that it mines stone what I was looking at was the stone where it shows the summary, that is what should be updated. Not even the stone / s was updated.

You seem to be missing the point entirely you really don't need to be so rude about a game with no feedback, what are you the dev?

I am simply saying the game is really bad at explaining what it does and other people seem to be having similar issues so it isn't just me.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Lilli posted:

Also the pickaxe upgrade does increase the mining speed on stone, not the efficiency multiplier in the top right. You'll see the x/s number go up after upgrading it.

Pickaxe upgrades increase pickaxe efficiency, more pickaxes increases stone efficiency. Which is weird because buying more regular axes doesn't increase eff. for logs to get more seeds/apples.

pixaal posted:

I know that it mines stone what I was looking at was the stone where it shows the summary, that is what should be updated. Not even the stone / s was updated.

You seem to be missing the point entirely you really don't need to be so rude about a game with no feedback, what are you the dev?

Yes, the stone/s did in fact update for you when you bought a pickaxe upgrade (unless you have a magically bugged version of the game open that nobody else does), you just didn't see it. I'm literally telling you how these things work and you're arguing with me about them and being completely wrong about it. I misspoke when I said pickaxe upgrade reflect in ore, I meant stone, but it DOES reflect on stone. The game is giving you all of this information, you're just choosing not to see it.

eta:

15 pickaxes at level 7.

15 pickaxes at level 8.

16 pickaxes at level 8.

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 8, 2021

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Pickaxe upgrades increase pickaxe efficiency, more pickaxes increases stone efficiency. Which is weird because buying more regular axes doesn't increase eff. for logs to get more seeds/apples.

I kept looking for places to upgrade the efficiency on the logs too, but the Axe doesn't have an Eff multiplier and that's the only spot that counts. I was even expecting an Axe upgrade too, but nothing there. It managed to cascade high enough and fast enough to not make a difference, but it did take a few hours. I haven't minded the drop rates for most things, and it gives me time to build up other areas which end up being important for those things I was unlocking anyway.

I also definitely needed more Charcoal miners to keep even with the rate my Metalwork Factories are going through it. The only resource keeping it slow right now is Iron smelting. Plenty of ore, but no matter how far I'm pushing the factories that's still my limiting factor.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Seems like iron will always be a huge cockblock, for some reason it's slower (and more expensive) than the other two to make and it's needed for everything.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Even after you start getting into the 1+/s of iron it can still dip worryingly low. Lava production for gemstone refining is also another big one after iron.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Divine powder popped up on my resources, I'm guessing that's for prestige? How many should I shoot for? Suppose it's still hours away though
Also does replicanti on its own ever do anything or is it just for the powder?

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

GrossMurpel posted:

Divine powder popped up on my resources, I'm guessing that's for prestige? How many should I shoot for? Suppose it's still hours away though
Also does replicanti on its own ever do anything or is it just for the powder?

Its the resource used for generator upgrades which is major since each upgrade is a 4x efficiency boost for your generators. Also yeah divine powder is the prestige resource, dont worry about it too much for now.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
NIAutoclicker works extremely well on Resource Grid. I have it doing one click per second on charcoal right now (pre-charcoal miner), seems like it will be good for pushing through manual bottlenecks going forward.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
This game taught me that I can't stop myself from using up all my lava even when I know that increases its cost

Lilli posted:

Its the resource used for generator upgrades which is major since each upgrade is a 4x efficiency boost for your generators. Also yeah divine powder is the prestige resource, dont worry about it too much for now.

Oh right I saw that and then immediately forgot about it :v:

Thanatosian posted:

NIAutoclicker works extremely well on Resource Grid. I have it doing one click per second on charcoal right now (pre-charcoal miner), seems like it will be good for pushing through manual bottlenecks going forward.

I haven't run across any "click here 300 times" bottlenecks again so far, just have to automate housing now

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

This game taught me that I can't stop myself from using up all my lava even when I know that increases its cost

Oh right I saw that and then immediately forgot about it :v:

I haven't run across any "click here 300 times" bottlenecks again so far, just have to automate housing now

Manual steam generation is pretty bad for the manual stuff.

And for Replicanti you should be smacking its upgrades as often as possible. It scales generators hard when you get new upgrades.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GrossMurpel posted:

How did you get the steam for the charcoal miner?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

How did you get the steam for the charcoal miner?

I clicked 15 times :)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Toshimo posted:

At 1 in 120m and 60 actions per second, you'd be 50/50 after 2 weeks. Idk what your current odds are, so v0v.

1 in 3 million and it hasn't gotten better in several pickaxes/gem boosts. That's with maxed out empower on the stone and 3 on the pickaxe.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

dis astranagant posted:

1 in 3 million and it hasn't gotten better in several pickaxes/gem boosts. That's with maxed out empower on the stone and 3 on the pickaxe.

1 in 3m with 30 a/s is ~58% to get it in 1 day.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Just started Elethor as Trastion if there is room in Goon Guild.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Toshimo posted:

1 in 3m with 30 a/s is ~58% to get it in 1 day.

Yeah that's garbage. At this point I'm just letting energy build up so I can grab the a few more divine powders before ending the run.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

You only clicked 5 times it makes 3 steam per. (it uses lava and water if someone needs to know the actual requirements to unlock)

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

pixaal posted:

You only clicked 5 times it makes 3 steam per. (it uses lava and water if someone needs to know the actual requirements to unlock)

But I needed 37 for something

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GrossMurpel posted:

How did you get the lava for that steam?

GrossMurpel posted:

But I needed 37 for something

City builder, I think.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Thanatosian posted:

City builder, I think.

Carcoal and stone make lava, like a lot (100 stone 50 charcoal)

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Thanatosian posted:

Their point was that they havent yet hit a wall where they have to click 300 times for one specific thing, not that they haven't clicked 300 times for the entire game.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Also gem creation has a chance of making a free steam.

Also lava gets cheaper the more you have of it.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lilli posted:

Their point was that they havent yet hit a wall where they have to click 300 times for one specific thing, not that they haven't clicked 300 times for the entire game.

Have you seen how much charcoal lava takes? Even with the declining costs, it's a lot of charcoal clicking for steam and metal for the charcoal miner.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

City builder, I think.

Volcano

Lilli posted:

Oh yeah definitely this one. Charcoal is unique (so far) in that it's really quick to produce but also gets used up quick so you have to keep clicking it for a while

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Resource Grid: How long is it supposed to take before your 1st prestige? I started last night and felt like I was making good progress, but everything has slowed way down and I'm still only at 9/50 Powder.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What does the Trap do?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Klungar posted:

What does the Trap do?

Trap catches an animal, which is part of a longer horizontal chain.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Resource Grid: How long is it supposed to take before your 1st prestige? I started last night and felt like I was making good progress, but everything has slowed way down and I'm still only at 9/50 Powder.

Not sure, but the increasing powder cost goes up faster than I can keep up with it. I’m still just pushing more gem pickaxe stuff to get a high enough sapphire drop rate to maybe speed it up. I’m only at 4 dust and it’s stretching out on time.

This stupid simple game really does scratch the itch to see numbers go up in a few good ways though. Really like the balance of it all so far (even if there’s a few balance things that could be done).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Toshimo posted:

It took me the better part of a day, though I walked away for extended periods. By the time you get up near 50 powder you start needing low millions of energy per powder.