Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FizFashizzle posted:

Holy poo poo that’s on switch!?

Yep, along with II Remastered Resurrected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah buddy, knock yourself out. It apparently runs alright, has the DLC from the start as well.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

FizFashizzle posted:

The Switch version is widely considered to be the best one, IIRC

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Within 20 minutes of starting FC6 you get a gator companion and you can pet him :3:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Toaster Beef posted:

The Switch version is widely considered to be the best one, IIRC

I'm not doubting you exactly but I am curious as to why given everything switch. The way the controls work?

In even geekier things I annoy myself every time I do this and have been reading about it:

It's fine and correct, at least as far as I do it most of the time. I just need to restructure sentences to avoid bothering myself.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

I'm not doubting you exactly but I am curious as to why given everything switch. The way the controls work?

You can play it on the toilet

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m starting to find all the masks I thought I lost. I had just stuffed them into the pockets of my hoodies and got promptly forgotten in the closet until now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m currently sad about the White Sox.

Same, I am hoping for a Brewers / White Sox World Series

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I finished Deathloop it ruled. I’ll definitely play it again.

Time to fire up Far Cry 6. I love Giancarlo Esposito so I’m stoked for him to play Gus the bad guy

e: lol the character you play is named Dani Rojas. I wonder if he/she thinks Football is Life??

I've just had enough time to play through one part of a day a few nights a week in Deathloop, but have been really liking it. It really kicks in once you start being able to collect residuum. Sneaking in a bit at a time makes me feel like I'm missing out on fully exploring the world, though.

Also it really makes me want to play through Prey again. Arkane are making a run at IOI for my favorite game-makers.

Planning a productive weekend with Monday off. My wife works five nights in a row around next weekend, and it's going to be some serious Back 4 Blood time here at home for me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I've just had enough time to play through one part of a day a few nights a week in Deathloop, but have been really liking it. It really kicks in once you start being able to collect residuum. Sneaking in a bit at a time makes me feel like I'm missing out on fully exploring the world, though.

My advice would be to barrel through the first few objectives and don’t worry about searching around too much. Once you figure out your main objective (it’ll be obvious) everything opens up and you can explore all you want. Also you’ll have PLENTY of opportunity to explore as the game goes on. There’s never really any time where you’re locked out of maps except one I think is closed at a certain time of day, but that’s never a problem.

There is SO much to find in that game. I’m really impressed how they were able to pack so much content into just four maps (16 I guess if you count time of day) and it never gets stale. Even just hiding and listening to the random goons chatter back and forth is entertaining.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

My advice would be to barrel through the first few objectives and don’t worry about searching around too much. Once you figure out your main objective (it’ll be obvious) everything opens up and you can explore all you want. Also you’ll have PLENTY of opportunity to explore as the game goes on. There’s never really any time where you’re locked out of maps except one I think is closed at a certain time of day, but that’s never a problem.

There is SO much to find in that game. I’m really impressed how they were able to pack so much content into just four maps (16 I guess if you count time of day) and it never gets stale. Even just hiding and listening to the random goons chatter back and forth is entertaining.

Is there more of a main objective than kill the eight people? I have been through Wenjie's lab to be able to collect residuum, then got the blink-equivalent and domino-equivalent powers. Now it seems like it's exploring leads to figure out what everyone does throughout the day without it really railroading me toward anything specific.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s in a current sitcom from what I remember
Yeah I think it's on ABC

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Clarissa Explains It All is as much of 90s Show as I'll ever need :colbert:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I got metroid dread and its a fun game but all the buttons feel like they’re in the wrong spot. I got wrecked like 10 times in a row by the scorpion boss because I keep hitting super metroid buttons instead of dread buttons.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Glumslinger posted:

Clarissa Explains It All is as much of 90s Show as I'll ever need :colbert:

Adventures of Pete and Pete is giving you a side eye right now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I got metroid dread and its a fun game but all the buttons feel like they’re in the wrong spot. I got wrecked like 10 times in a row by the scorpion boss because I keep hitting super metroid buttons instead of dread buttons.

It took me a little while to break Super Metroid habits.

I still try to do the Super Metroid wall jump sometimes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Building instincts to parry attacks is another thing that hasn’t just clicked yet. I’m missing a lot of em.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Yeah I think it's on ABC

I don't think so. I have seen commercials for this sitcom during Football and ABC doesn't have MNF anymore.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Are the knockoff switch controllers any good because lmaooooooooo paying 80 bucks for one

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Surprised we lost any of the top spots to counties out of state TBQH

https://twitter.com/Patriot_Pat1/status/1446649752309882880?s=20

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Watching my kid play soccer is one of the highlights of fall. Loved playing it as a kid, but it’s weird being the parents on the sideline.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Silly Burrito posted:

Watching my kid play soccer is one of the highlights of fall. Loved playing it as a kid, but it’s weird being the parents on the sideline.

My stepson's soccer games are all right in the middle of my 1 PM Sunday football :cry:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

You get to be aggro sport parent, intervening sport parent, or passive sport parent now. No crossing lines between any of those.

I don't think I'd count him as aggro but I kinda laugh thinking about how my dad reacted to this type of thing. He never got into it with anyone and wasn't abusive to me or anything. But he'd yell 'Hey #12! Do this [instead of whatever I was not doing correctly]!' Not in a mean way and it never bugged me, but kinda passively telling me how I was messing up. He was a born coach for baseball at least but he was over it by the time I came around and having coached my older brothers. So during games he would just yell some semi-useful stuff now and then at me, and only me, from the bleachers.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Samadhi posted:

I just showed this to the groom and the other guy standing up in the wedding today as the groom poured up shots of Jameson so yeah, checks out

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Are the knockoff switch controllers any good because lmaooooooooo paying 80 bucks for one

Just go get the Switch pro controller. Just do it. Battery lasts forever, charges via USB-C, controller is as or more solid than an Xbox/PlayStation controller.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Is there more of a main objective than kill the eight people? I have been through Wenjie's lab to be able to collect residuum, then got the blink-equivalent and domino-equivalent powers. Now it seems like it's exploring leads to figure out what everyone does throughout the day without it really railroading me toward anything specific.

Yeah that’s what I was talking about, you’re further along than I thought.

Yeah you can either pick a chain and follow the links for a certain person or do anything in any order or whatever you want. It’s very hands off with making you do specific things. There are also 5 (might be 6) different add-ons for every power so you’ll run through and kill the visionaries a few times to get them (or you’ll get them from Julianna when you kill her). It’s never really repetitive because you’ll be doing something in a level and just me like ok while I’m here might as well go kill off Charlie or whoever.

It’s also fun because you have new powers or learn new things about how to do a run at a visionary so you can try different things every time. There’s so many ways you can handle any given situation.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Samadhi posted:

Weird that the county in ND is a tiny farming county with like 8k people. It's also adjacent to my county.

harperdc posted:

Just go get the Switch pro controller. Just do it. Battery lasts forever, charges via USB-C, controller is as or more solid than an Xbox/PlayStation controller.

It's really good and definitely worth it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

harperdc posted:

Seconding this, I’ve had poo poo luck with literally everything else for the Switch but this thing’s a tank

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

You get to be aggro sport parent, intervening sport parent, or passive sport parent now. No crossing lines between any of those.

I don't think I'd count him as aggro but I kinda laugh thinking about how my dad reacted to this type of thing. He never got into it with anyone and wasn't abusive to me or anything. But he'd yell 'Hey #12! Do this [instead of whatever I was not doing correctly]!' Not in a mean way and it never bugged me, but kinda passively telling me how I was messing up. He was a born coach for baseball at least but he was over it by the time I came around and having coached my older brothers. So during games he would just yell some semi-useful stuff now and then at me, and only me, from the bleachers.

Probably intervening if I had to pick one of those. I don’t yell at the kids abusive things but I do yell “Spread out/Good kick/Big boot”, things like that. I want to encourage them, and I want them to win, but I also realize that you don’t win every game and it’s meant to be fun.

I used to be a soccer ref when I was younger, but I filled in one time two years ago as a coach and holy crap am I out of shape to run up and down with the younguns.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

harperdc posted:

I bought the $49.99 8bitdo Pro 2 to eventually use with my MISTer, but as soon as I buy Metroid Dread, I’m borrowing my son’s Switch and using that. Supposed to be very good for Switch mode.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

T-Square posted:

I just showed this to the groom and the other guy standing up in the wedding today as the groom poured up shots of Jameson so yeah, checks out

Drinking shots?
At a WEDDING?!

Wisconsin clearly parties

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Samadhi posted:

Lol what a bunch of nonsense WSU county isn't on there.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Drinking shots?
At a WEDDING?!

Wisconsin clearly parties

At my friend's wedding in Cali the wedding party all did a shot right before the music started and we started walking down the aisle

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Skwirl posted:

Adventures of Pete and Pete is giving you a side eye right now.

This guy gets it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

fartknocker posted:

This guy gets it.

Salute Your Shorts and Hey Dude are also purestrain 90s.

Pete and Pete was my fave though.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Today when I went to Starbucks.with my divorced wife and ordered a mocha with skim free milk and dairy free whipped cream, and I saw someone walk in with a MAGA hat (mayke america great again) and he ordered a coffee and wanted “Trump won” written on the cup. I could tell the barista was uncomfortable so I sprung into action. I hopped onto the table in a single leap and bellowed out “Trump won? More like Chud Suck!” He was shocked and began sobbing, no joke, on the spot and sprinted out of the Starbucks, everyone around me started clapping. They don’t call me the chudslayer for nothing, it was so impressive my wife actually undivorced me on the spot.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ostentatious posted:

Today when I went to Starbucks.with my divorced wife and ordered a mocha with skim free milk and dairy free whipped cream, and I saw someone walk in with a MAGA hat (mayke america great again) and he ordered a coffee and wanted “Trump won” written on the cup. I could tell the barista was uncomfortable so I sprung into action. I hopped onto the table in a single leap and bellowed out “Trump won? More like Chud Suck!” He was shocked and began sobbing, no joke, on the spot and sprinted out of the Starbucks, everyone around me started clapping. They don’t call me the chudslayer for nothing, it was so impressive my wife actually undivorced me on the spot.

ty for you’re service

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ostentatious posted:

💤

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It’s true, I was in the back, clapping just out of sight.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Same thing happened to me a month back except it was 1% milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I saw the video on Twitter and it was cool, but did you guys have to have sex right there on the table?