Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Majik Ninja posted:

tOSU bama wins out loses to Iowa uga in championship game still makes playoff with two losses get hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Dawg_Stats/status/1447180815343964161?s=20

soooo goooood

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aggies obviously pumped up by that stellar midnight yell guy

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Grittybeard posted:

Hell of a fight though, if you like big guys throwing bombs at each other and get a chance check out the replay.

It was great and I've watched it three times already. Wilder kept going through his sheer hatred of Fury. He'll be an absolute wreck this morning. I still think he beats almost anyone else, though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just gonna quote a friend's text regarding the Nebraska game last night: "I guess now I'll just watch some Pac 12 after dark and cry cuz I believed today. And they hosed me again"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

As much as I love unleashing the dragon, there is something to be said about old school toting the rock when they know its coming and just cant stop it.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
crosspost from the gameday thread

Finally figured out why the gently caress this exists

https://twitter.com/SimoneEli_TV/status/1390469278088957952

That doesn't make the photoshop any better but at least it's not completely out of nowhere

Declan MacManus posted:

notes:
-texas a&m finally gets over the hump in the one year where they've guaranteed that they will not be playing for a natty or a conference title

Also this was not lost on me but I chose not to be cynical and enjoy the win last night.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DukesMayoBowl/status/1447214953778360320

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If the o-line and Calzada are truly, magically fixed, its not impossible the Aggies run the table (a la 2012) and Bama picks up another loss somewhere. I dont believe thats going to happen, but its not outside the realm of possibility.

Aggies fortunately get Mizzou, South Carolina, and a bye over the next three weeks, which gives a bit more time to fully work out the kinks before Ole Miss and Auburn come around.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 10, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fast cars loose anus posted:

That doesn't make the photoshop any better but at least it's not completely out of nowhere

Noticed that last night. Yeah that was one of A&M's lesser crimes against comedy in the end, and hell they earned a pass for a day.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Harsh but fair

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

-is it possible to think nebraska should have fired scott frost after week 1 but definitely shouldn't now?

The unfortunate thing for Nebraska this season is that they actually look decent, but are just snake bitten at all times. They've at least righted the ship enough to not look "lost to Illinois" bad anymore.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

OkSt/Texas could be a good game next week.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Michigan is 6-0, and everything is great

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Deacs, bitch.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

AsInHowe posted:

Michigan is 6-0, and everything is great

There is no more pain, no more sadness, no more taxes. :unsmith:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

So checking the schedule, looks like undefeated Michigan vs undefeated Michigan State on 10/30 is likely? They only have Northwestern and Indiana, respectively, between then and now.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Its about dang time Oklahoma got a quarterback.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Oh yea, poor Oklahoma.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

General Dog posted:

So checking the schedule, looks like undefeated Michigan vs undefeated Michigan State on 10/30 is likely? They only have Northwestern and Indiana, respectively, between then and now.

Yep. I think thats the same day for OSU and PSU. The Big Ten East front runner emerges that day

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Long-suffering OU finally got over the hump yesterday

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

PostNouveau posted:

Long-suffering OU finally got over the hump yesterday

thank you

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Boom Soon

gently caress a Texas

Anyone want a slightly-used 5* QB? No warranty, condition as-is.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Man, I'm not even mad Arkansas lost, that game was awesome

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

-if georgia loses and lsu wins we are officially in 2007 territory and a wacky-rear end finish the rest of the way

Kentucky ran the ball for 330 yards at 7.3 ypc last night. LSU's cooked even if their administration has conveniently eliminated the COVID test/vax requirement for the Florida game

Dango Bango posted:

Just gonna quote a friend's text regarding the Nebraska game last night: "I guess now I'll just watch some Pac 12 after dark and cry cuz I believed today. And they hosed me again"

Scott Frost is a wizard at losing 1-score games

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Talking to my dad after the win last night and I realized that he had never seen a 6-0 Kentucky team before now either. That 1950 team only had one loss (:argh: Tennessee), won the SEC, and beat Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl.

I have no delusions about beating Georgia on the road. The offense did finally show some signs of life again last night, which is encouraging moving forward. I'll be happy if they score an offensive touchdown, that seems to be quite the feat to accomplish against Georgia this year. The question is can the defense keep doing what they've been doing on the road.

Here's a question, would GameDay go back to Athens after being there 2 weeks ago? This should be another top 10 matchup, but they just passed on one this week because they were at Iowa recently. Looking at the schedule I'm not sure if there's much more out there all that appealing.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

TipTow posted:

Im sure teams will line up to take a number on Rattler, but if hes underwhelmed at OU three years in (with the understanding that hes only underwhelmed in a relative sense, and that the bar is ridiculously high), Im a bit skeptical that hes going to make a big impact somewhere else as a one-and-done on the P5 level. Seems like the closest analogue is Jeremiah Masolis one-off year at Ole Miss.

Edit: I wish this bug with apostrophes on the iOS app would get fixed.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 10, 2021

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Talking to my dad after the win last night and I realized that he had never seen a 6-0 Kentucky team before now either. That 1950 team only had one loss (:argh: Tennessee), won the SEC, and beat Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl.

I have no delusions about beating Georgia on the road. The offense did finally show some signs of life again last night, which is encouraging moving forward. I'll be happy if they score an offensive touchdown, that seems to be quite the feat to accomplish against Georgia this year. The question is can the defense keep doing what they've been doing on the road.

Here's a question, would GameDay go back to Athens after being there 2 weeks ago? This should be another top 10 matchup, but they just passed on one this week because they were at Iowa recently. Looking at the schedule I'm not sure if there's much more out there all that appealing.

They probably wouldn't go back so soon but next week does look pretty rough. If UCF were a bit better I'd send them to Cincinnati.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

They probably wouldn't go back so soon but next week does look pretty rough. If UCF were a bit better I'd send them to Cincinnati.

When do they normally announce where Gameday is going? What else is a compelling matchup?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Exactly the kind of dishonorable cheating Ive come to expect from OU, bringing in a true freshman backup QB who somehow keeps throwing accurate passes from mid-air

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

When do they normally announce where Gameday is going? What else is a compelling matchup?

Today at some point. It's a really uninteresting week on paper.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Godzilla07 posted:

Scott Frost is a wizard at losing 1-score games

a real statistical marvel, defying the odds constantly to pile on moral victories

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of a site that will let you look at a consolidated list of transfers (in and out) of a program? I know that some do transactions but Id like to see total numbers - in this example who all/how many transferred out of UT balanced against who all transferred in.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone know of a site that will let you look at a consolidated list of transfers (in and out) of a program? I know that some do transactions but Id like to see total numbers - in this example who all/how many transferred out of UT balanced against who all transferred in.

Huh, I don't know where to find this but I'm sure this is out there somewhere and it'd be interesting to look at.

Transfers as a whole have just exploded the last couple of years with the new rules.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Im that master chief banging the table meme but hes saying Anthony Richardson

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

TipTow posted:

Boom Soon

gently caress a Texas

can he go to PSU immediately right now

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Coaches Poll Up:

1. Georgia
2. Iowa
3. Oklahoma
4. Cincinnati
5. Alabama
6. Ohio State
7. Michigan
8. Penn State
9. Michigan State
10. Oregon
11. Kentucky
12. Oklahoma State
13. Notre Dame
14. Ole Miss
15. Coastal Carolina
16. Wake Forest
17. Florida
18. Texas A&M
19. Arkansas
20. BYU
21. NC State
22. Arizona State
23. SMU
24. SDSU
25. Clemson

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

For real I feel extremely bad about Rattler, there's video floating around of him walking alone to the locker room yesterday when the whole team is still on the field celebrating.

He's a good QB, just not good enough for the loving insane expectations that have been built up at OU over the past decade and a half. I'd probably pout if I got benched only for a true freshman to lead the single greatest comeback in the history of one of the most storied rivalries in all of American sport, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hes not good he's alright at best