Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

The Patriots are probably going to win and the thought of that is very upsetting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I am at the Texans game and I witnessed three missed PATs, a flea flicker TD, and a team faking a fake punt and said fake fake punt getting blocked

This is the best event I’ve attended in my life

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Intruder posted:

the pats are going to win the game

lmao

spaced ninja posted:

lamo going for a 56 yard field goal with a dude who missed two pats is a special kind of suck.

if they go for it and fail, culley's fault. the cowardly fg attempt can be blamed on the kicker for missing

texans got what they deserved for playing the cowardly way

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 10, 2021

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo this Titans defense. We’re gonna lose to the Jags

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Holy poo poo this Titans defense. We’re gonna lose to the Jags

I am very excited for our continued failure against the supposed worst teams in the league.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Jags got hosed pretty bad on that overturn, definitely not conclusive enough to change the call IMO.

But that fourth down stop was incredibly well played by Tart and Chris Jackson

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Pimpcasso posted:

I wonder if Vrabel will actually hire a defensive coordinator when forced to or fall on his sword like Mularkey did for his lovely friends

This is what Jim Schwartz was brought in for IMO

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

God the first half of this Texans game was so much fun, now it's loving bullshit and I'm pissed

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

lobster shirt posted:

God the first half of this Texans game was so much fun, now it's loving bullshit and I'm pissed

Texans are not worth getting mad about friend, just enjoy the clownball

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hell yeah Texans didn't look terrible and still lost to get a better pick. Fantastic day overall. Just need the Astros to finish the sweep!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Jags got hosed pretty bad on that overturn, definitely not conclusive enough to change the call IMO.

But that fourth down stop was incredibly well played by Tart and Chris Jackson
Pretty bad? It was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. And the lack of a PI when Arnold was nearly tackled in the endzone with the ball in the air heading to him was loving amazingly bad. The refs continue to be the biggest barrier to me enjoying the NFL. Those two things happening within a few plays of each other is completely shameful on the refs.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
The playcall by the Jags on that 4th down was awful.

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

The Jags have been their usual awful selves, but officiating has definitely gone the way of the Titans. Jaguars aren't good enough to overcome these calls, from the 1st Titans score (on an incomplete pass), to the overturn of ours. It remains awful to be a Jaguars fan.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dramatika posted:

Texans are not worth getting mad about friend, just enjoy the clownball

I've been zen about their other losses, it's hard to get mad about an overmatched team getting the poo poo kicked out of it, but this week, losing to a beatable team that I hate by pissing away a lead... fuckin sucks man lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

lol they'd sitll have a timeout if Culley hadn't used one to set up a 56 yard fg miss

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The first Titans TD was definitely a catch. Guy caught it, tucked it, two feet down, turned and got popped by a helmet and the ball came out. The refs aren’t why the jags are losing

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Also beating up the jags always feels good

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

refs missed that mills was across the LOS, the game should be over

not that it matters most likely

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lolllllllllll that lateral

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Titan up

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Also in my opinion the roughing the passer penalty on third down was complete bullshit, oh well, Texans are bad!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Teva posted:

The Jags have been their usual awful selves, but officiating has definitely gone the way of the Titans. Jaguars aren't good enough to overcome these calls, from the 1st Titans score (on an incomplete pass), to the overturn of ours. It remains awful to be a Jaguars fan.

The Titans got flagged a shitload today, we did not play a clean game. Jags got hosed on that overturn but I don’t think any of the rest were that egregious

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Also beating up the jags always feels good

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That was NOT roughing the passer.

Also, while Davis Mills looked much better this game, I would still have Tyrod Taylor start when he’s healthy. Mills still needs more time to incubate.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Eat poo poo jags

God bles

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Go Titans, I never doubted you.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I am very excited for our continued failure against the supposed worst teams in the league.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Tits up

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The Titans got flagged a shitload today, we did not play a clean game. Jags got hosed on that overturn but I don’t think any of the rest were that egregious

It's more that two tossup plays both went the other way, and both were scoring plays. The calls are not why the Jaguars are losing, but they aren't helping either.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
If you're a Jags fan, why would you even want to win, you want Urban Meyer to feel enough fire on the hot seat to plead with Wyoming to make him god-emperor as soon as possible. Think long term here, folks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

If you're a Jags fan, why would you even want to win, you want Urban Meyer to feel enough fire on the hot seat to plead with Wyoming to make him god-emperor as soon as possible. Think long term here, folks.

Winning is fun

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Probably Magic posted:

On the other hand today made it 20 losses in a row and Derrick Henry’s 300th consecutive game against the jags with a bunch of yards and touchdowns. So I think they probably would have preferred a dub.

Get used to it losers!! You probably already are! Whatever!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

You can win three games this season and be stuck winning three games a season for another two seasons or you can lose out bad now and have possibly a 6-10 win season next year with possibly bigger returns. Like, this team is too distracted by bullshit to be in a position to really start turning it around, might as well let the trash take itself out.

Winning does rule, though, big fan of winning today.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I usually love winning but there's no way I'm going to support the Texans in their current state.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1439784252510515200?s=20

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Trevor Bust

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Do the Texans have a draft pick to tank for next year? I'd still be rooting for a win if I were a Texans fan today, gently caress the Patriots, and it's not like the Jags where every loss is another advancement on the chess board of getting rid of Urban. Culley isn't going anywhere, and considering the bare cupboard, he's likely not even the main problem with the team.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't have a problem with Culley at all and think he's doing a...OK job considering the circumstances. He'll probably be back next year and I'm fine with that.

My issues with the Texans are about two notches above him.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Probably Magic posted:

Do the Texans have a draft pick to tank for next year? I'd still be rooting for a win if I were a Texans fan today, gently caress the Patriots, and it's not like the Jags where every loss is another advancement on the chess board of getting rid of Urban. Culley isn't going anywhere, and considering the bare cupboard, he's likely not even the main problem with the team.

Yeah they have a first round pick. I can't bring myself to root for a tank though, and also gently caress the Patriots.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

It's just been an all around bad week for Coach Stinkyfingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

Yeah they have a first round pick. I can't bring myself to root for a tank though, and also gently caress the Patriots.

Nah I get it but the way the offseason went for the Texans just left a real sour taste in my mouth. It seems like everyone involved is just a massive piece of poo poo. I'm giving myself a year of just not caring for the team and hoping they go 0-17 and enjoying Redzone and Primetime games.