Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Steve Martin has been old my entire life. He has not aged a day.
That early greying did all the heavy lifting. Dude was only 34 in The Jerk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It probably sucked at the time, but man as you get older you can really reap the benefits of not looking like you’ve aged a day.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Also LA Story is great. I remember seeing that in theaters when I was younger and it had a huge influence on me humor wise.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/NotableHistory/status/1441266144443179016?s=19

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
He somehow looks like every Italian football player all at once.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Total Meatlove posted:

He somehow looks like every Italian football player all at once.

Really? It looks like he's up on his feet... :confused:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lobok posted:

Really? It looks like he's up on his feet... :confused:

But it's a still photo from the waist up. How can you tell if he's got a suspiciously sudden cramp in his calf or a hilariously bad limp that only manifests in front of the officials?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I have a family friend who is roughly the same age as Steve Martin, looks a LOT like him, and even had the gray hair early in his life. In public people would often think he was Steve Martin.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I started getting grey in my hair and beard before I even hit thirty. Though I'm fine with how much grey I have now considering my father started going bald in his early twenties and I still have a full head of hair.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

It probably sucked at the time, but man as you get older you can really reap the benefits of not looking like you’ve aged a day.

Yeah, Frank Conniff joked once that he didn't look like he aged much from MST3K because he's always looked 50.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, Frank Conniff joked once that he didn't look like he aged much from MST3K because he's always looked 50.

Yeah the first thing I ever saw him in was the episode of Sabrina the Teenaged Witch were he's the adult baby and he's completely grey and he becomes this weird age-rainbow of baby brain 30s body and 60s hair

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I randomly unlocked a memory of this movie at work today and while I simply cannot find a higher resolution picture of the poster, I need to know if I'm the only one Game Informer scammed into seeing this turd.

I've never walked out on a movie in the theater.

I came really close with this one.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Now officially in the Criterion channel library come October 1st. :getin:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I started getting grey in my hair and beard before I even hit thirty. Though I'm fine with how much grey I have now considering my father started going bald in his early twenties and I still have a full head of hair.

I started getting gray in my hair when I seventeen

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Newspaper ad for Shin Kamen Rider featuring an old cosplay photo of the director, Hideaki Anno.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Anno's finally having a good time again these days and i am here for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdxFwUqKc-A

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Before I saw the trailer I thought Depp was wearing yellowface

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/verstarks/status/1444893443776557059?s=20

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/shaolinerrol/status/1445922323870126080

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Another poster for Shin Kamen Rider

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Hot drat I never saw Kamen rider but that's a nice looking poster.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:)
https://twitter.com/drewstruzan/status/1447957086512418817

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I always get that and One Crazy Summer confused. And I think I've only seen a fraction of either.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah, this poster is showing Kamen Rider #2 where the original one released was #1. Essentially, when they were filming the original series in 71, the main actor broke his leg doing a stunt, so they had to bring in a ringer to replace him and that's #2.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I always get that and One Crazy Summer confused. And I think I've only seen a fraction of either.

It's easy to remember if you think of it this way: One Crazy Summer is trash, and Better Off Dead is a motherfucking classic

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

kiimo posted:

It's easy to remember if you think of it this way: One Crazy Summer is trash, and Better Off Dead is a motherfucking classic

I haven't seen either movie. But I know it's an 80s comedy, and that post has an Asian character on it. My gut tells me Better Off Dead does not actually hold up.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Kingtheninja posted:

It really is. I can’t work out quite what it’s aping but it’s such a distinct silhouette

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gripweed posted:

I haven't seen either movie. But I know it's an 80s comedy, and that post has an Asian character on it. My gut tells me Better Off Dead does not actually hold up.

It's the guy from Karate Kid II and he sounds like Howard Cosell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6BA3wstTyA

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

kiimo posted:

Wow, I feel the exact opposite… guess it may have something to do with one’s opinion on Bobcat Goldthwait.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1448029643219640323

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Total Meatlove posted:

It really is. I can’t work out quite what it’s aping but it’s such a distinct silhouette

You're probably thinking of Ryoma Nagare

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1. Are Survive the Game and Survive the Night the same movie?
2. It kind of makes sense, especially if he's at that point where he gives no fucks. Show up for a day, sleepwalk your way through one day of shooting, and go home and make millions doing so.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Where are movies like that even made for without rental stores being a thing now?

Do they just go directly to every VOD service?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Aphrodite posted:

Where are movies like that even made for without rental stores being a thing now?

Do they just go directly to every VOD service?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think they're partly a way for older actors to have regular credits so they can keep their Academy memberships.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Streaming services are always desperate for content too, and it's easy to make your action section look more impressive to old people if you can stick Bruce Willis' face in there.

While looking at what movies of his are streaming right now, I also found this:

Which is a US release of a Chinese movie but cut by 25 minutes and with all the Chinese language parts dubbed. Apparently the Adrien Brody appearance is barely more than a cameo.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Willis makes 1m for a day of shooting. Famously Stallone offered him 3m for 4 days on one of the Expendables so he turned it down.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mister Chief posted:

Willis makes 1m for a day of shooting. Famously Stallone offered him 3m for 4 days on one of the Expendables so he turned it down.

The Die Hard battery commercial comes to mind. If you can meet his rate, he'll do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

edogawa rando posted:

1. Are Survive the Game and Survive the Night the same movie?
2. It kind of makes sense, especially if he's at that point where he gives no fucks. Show up for a day, sleepwalk your way through one day of shooting, and go home and make millions doing so.

Someone asked Alex and not only are they not the same movie it's not even the same series of movies, they're completely unrelated.