Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Switch games are pretty expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

stev posted:

I'd just live in fear that I'd become too reliant on it and the ongoing societal collapse would cause Camelot to go under and all the £10k p/m prizes would stop.

That prize is nothing to do with Camelot, you actually win an annuity from some broker or underwriter or someone which pays out at least £10k per month after tax.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Private Speech posted:

It's a tricky one with the life goals places.

I thought about moving to Singapore at one point but the tech wages there are worse than in the UK, at least in embedded software.

The weather and cosmopolitan feeling is pretty great though.

I studied in Singapore for a year, and I have to say I found the weather worst and the country even more small-minded than the UK.

The weather is 30-40 degrees all the time, but a stickly 80% humidity always - even the intense rainstorms are only a brief respite. Being outside air conditioning is an actively miserable and sweaty experience.

And if you poke outside the expat bubble, it's a place where the government is scared enough of evangelical Christian groups to offically legalise being gay, exploitation of immigrate labour much worst than the UK is built in - many have imported live in maids, their construction sectors prefer to work indians in near slavery than pay anyone, and a bunch of retail and hospitality is kept up by Malays crossing the border and back each day. Conscription is mandatory for men and the need for it for national defence is kept up with scaremongering around Malaysia and Indonesia, with yearly national parades praising their governments virtue.

Singapore puts on a pretty face of cosmopolitanism for multinational corporations but hides its uglyness underneath.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barry Foster posted:

I remember a video did the rounds on SA with a bunch of old Somerset lads chatting about the old days, it was blowing american posters' minds
I wonder how they'd get on with old Virginia Atlantic dialects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E

e: old Somerset lads and American posters, either/or

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lungboy posted:

That prize is nothing to do with Camelot, you actually win an annuity from some broker or underwriter or someone which pays out at least £10k per month after tax.

And when the whole network of insurers and underwriters and reinsurers (and presumably re-reinsurers idk), you'll be left holding your knob in your hand, because the entire industry couldn't accurately price for the constant natural disasters of the near future. Maybe. Idk.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lungboy posted:

That sounds even riskier tbh.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Big telly and banging speakers.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nice food, expensive musical instruments and gear, buying toys for your dog. That's about it

Agreed on all counts (I'd maybe get a dog as well!) but all easily done on 20k without mortgage worries.

I would definitely make a home studio and a wanky home listening room (maybe in the same room), that'd be my one Rich Thing.

Also I'd probably develop a graphics card habit, that would be my other one

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

stev posted:

Switch games are pretty expensive.

I haven’t used my switch since Animal Crossing dropped because of this

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
If I win a million I will buy an RTX 3090, and a packet of space raiders if there's enough change left over.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Aidan_702 posted:

I haven’t used my switch since Animal Crossing dropped because of this

Switch games and second hand Lego are the only reason to keep facebook.

Mario Lego is a special crossover hell.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Honestly not sure I could see me moving abroad. I'm far too accustomed to our temperate weather. I'd miss the rain. Hell, I lived in Sheffield for 6 months and missed the rain and it's not like Sheffield is arid (in fact when I moved there in the summer of 2007 they were recovering from serious flooding.

Give me a lottery win & I either move to the centre of Glasgow or else one of the villages along the Road to the Islands, Mallaig or Arisaig or Morar or Glenfinnan. Bonnie part of the world.

Sheffield is actually one of the drier places in the British Isles:

(835mm rain per year versus 990mm per year average over the entire UK)

It is weird how varied the climate of Great Britain actually is, for how small it is, but Sheffield gets 20% less rain than Manchester, 40 miles to the west, and 15% more rain than Scunthorpe, 40 miles to the east. The combination of warm most air coming up from the south and south-west and cold dry air coming down from north and north-east, and the north/south orientation, is almost perfect for causing microclimates.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I'm up a slight hill in Sheffield and it rains a SHITLOAD here compared to my mum's house not 5 minutes drive at the bottom of the hill. It's very bizzare.

It's also so windy it uprooted my roses :(

On an aside. I have a possibly idiotic question on remortgaging as this is the first time I've done it and I just... don't get it.

With house prices constantly rising insanely. Is there any point to not remortgaging at the end of my fixed term?

I bought in Nov 2019 and have a 27 month fixed rate of 2.13% until January. I've done a lot of work on the house but still... it's gone up from 170k to 250k. The gently caress, house prices. I borrowed 153k initially.

Also interest rates are now below 1%. It seems like a no brainer to remortgage, but on what fixed rate duration? is going for a 2 year fixed rate basically a gamble that the prices will continue to rise and I can remortgage at an even better LTV in a couple years? (already at rock bottom I think with 56% LTV)

Either way the best deals I can see have 200k left to be repaid.

Can I just keep bloody remortgaging forever as long as the house prices rise to keep my interest rates low? Is that the whole scam? Because jesus after the fixed term ends the repayment prices absolutely can skyrocket... but is that only if interest rates go up massively? Are they ever going to go up? How the heck are you supposed to know any of this?

e: I have a mortgage advisor to ask for advice on all this but I don't want to look like a complete idiot (whereas you lot already know I'm an idiot)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yeah, you could tell the Pennines were having an impact on the amount of rain it got. Or at least I thought i could tell but as my sample size was 6 months I didn't want to make any massive proclamations.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Mebh posted:

I'm up a slight hill in Sheffield and it rains a SHITLOAD here compared to my mum's house not 5 minutes drive at the bottom of the hill. It's very bizzare.

On an aside. I have a possibly idiotic question on remortgaging as this is the first time I've done it and I just... don't get it.

With house prices constantly rising insanely. Is there any point to not remortgaging at the end of my fixed term?

I bought in Nov 2019 and have a 27 month fixed rate of 2.13% until January. I've done a lot of work on the house but still... it's gone up from 170k to 250k. The gently caress, house prices. I borrowed 153k initially.

Also interest rates are now below 1%. It seems like a no brainer to remortgage, but on what fixed rate duration? is going for a 2 year fixed rate basically a gamble that the prices will continue to rise and I can remortgage at an even better LTV in a couple years? (already at rock bottom I think with 56% LTV)

Can I just keep bloody remortgaging forever as long as the house prices rise to keep my interest rates low? Is that the whole scam? Because jesus after the fixed term ends the repayment prices absolutely can skyrocket... but is that only if interest rates go up massively? Are they ever going to go up? How the heck are you supposed to know any of this?

e: I have a mortgage advisor to ask for advice on all this but I don't want to look like a complete idiot (whereas you lot already know I'm an idiot)

1. two year fixed is a gamble that rates will drop and you can remortgage at a lower rate.

2. you won't get a better rate than 56% I think - most bottom out the 75 or (occasionally) 70% mark.

3. yes, but that's only if interest rates stay low - which they (presumably?) won't over time.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Nothingtoseehere posted:

I studied in Singapore for a year, and I have to say I found the weather worst and the country even more small-minded than the UK.

The weather is 30-40 degrees all the time, but a stickly 80% humidity always - even the intense rainstorms are only a brief respite. Being outside air conditioning is an actively miserable and sweaty experience.

And if you poke outside the expat bubble, it's a place where the government is scared enough of evangelical Christian groups to offically legalise being gay, exploitation of immigrate labour much worst than the UK is built in - many have imported live in maids, their construction sectors prefer to work indians in near slavery than pay anyone, and a bunch of retail and hospitality is kept up by Malays crossing the border and back each day. Conscription is mandatory for men and the need for it for national defence is kept up with scaremongering around Malaysia and Indonesia, with yearly national parades praising their governments virtue.

Singapore puts on a pretty face of cosmopolitanism for multinational corporations but hides its uglyness underneath.

Funnily enough, my one brother (aka Tory Boy) and his wife (a UKIPer) love Singapore. That part of the family voted brexit.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Remortgage now, there's already murmurings that the Bank of England is getting ready to raise the base rate and after that all bets are off for the super low rates. 2 year fixed rates are the lowest rates overall but the 5 year rates with a low or no arrangement fee could well be better in the long run as you're then not re-re-mortgaging when the 2 year rate is higher in 2 years than the 5 year rate is now (and you'd have to pay another arrangement fee)

10 year could also be available but be careful you don't lock yourself in when you may want to move (or release some of the equity) at some point between now and 2031

Lowest LTV for most providers is 60%

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

You're expected to remortgage every few years to keep the rates low, it'll work even if the house price doesn't rise (you might have difficulty if it plummets).

The big increase after a couple of years is so they can offer a low initial rate to get people on the deal then extract a load of money later if you forget to change it. It's the same trick they do with savings accounts but the other way round.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Red Oktober posted:

3. yes, but that's only if interest rates stay low - which they (presumably?) won't over time.

I don't know if that's a safe assumption any more. *So much* of the economy is tied up in the housing market now (and so many target voters are landlords) that I can see the Tories pressuring the gently caress out of the BoE (or even taking setting base rates back out of their LOONY UNELECTED BEUREAUCRAT hands) to keep interest rates low even if long-term inflation starts creeping back up to 70s levels.

(Conversely enough Tories and friends are now in full-on disaster capitalism mode I can also see them cranking the lever right up to obliterate house prices so they can buy them all up cheap; if the last five years has taught them anything it's that there's *nothing* they can do that will lost them that 30% spite vote)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
So the William Gibson essay on Singapore (Disneyland with the death penalty) is still accurate today.

If I won the lottery I'd buy land in the Western Isles/West Highland and build a big mad house, absolutely mental place. Ridiculous house.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Oh I know all that, I've spent enough time there and in Malaysia to find out. Though I actually like the weather - it's still wet but sunny all year, just sortof puts me in a positive mood. But yes admittedly quite sweaty, busses in particular are miserable (but then the MRT is quite good).

^^^^

keep punching joe posted:

So the William Gibson essay on Singapore (Disneyland with the death penalty) is still accurate today.

Reading it now it seems very accurate.

But that's sortof my point, it's an "aspirational" place but I don't really know if I would want to live there.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Oct 11, 2021

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Mebh posted:

If we knew the answer to that, we'd all be lottery winners!

Think about your fall backs - what savings you have, what your employment chances are if you were to get laid off or have to quit because of injury etc.

If it were me, I would fix for the longest time on the lowest rate I can get. If you can get under 1%, fix it for eternity! I'd also go 'interest only' if those still exist! You can always pay off extra - usually 10% of the outstanding p.a. without penalty! When I was in this situation about 15 years ago, my goal was to reduce my 'compulsory' monthly outgoings to rock bottom. I'm of an age when I can remember interest rates rocketing up to 15% overnight from about 8% and friends being in absolute shock and one seriously contemplated suicide over it but then the rates came down within a day or so again. But it was a horrible nightmare for many people at the time.

In my opinion (I am not a financial advisor) interest rates are more likely to go up after 2 years and house prices stagnate for a while, and with the incoming financial pressures all round, whose to say in 2 years there won't be some change to banks meaning you wouldn't be able to remortgage on a better deal, only a standard variable?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

(Conversely enough Tories and friends are now in full-on disaster capitalism mode I can also see them cranking the lever right up to obliterate house prices so they can buy them all up cheap; if the last five years has taught them anything it's that there's *nothing* they can do that will lost them that 30% spite vote)
Why did Jeremy Corbyn's last Labour government collapse the housing market like that?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

If I won the lottery I'd live in a tent and eat cold beans out of a can like my hero, Jurmy Crumbins.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
If I won the national lottery I'd probably buy a nice house and spend a lot of time there and when I wasn't I'd be on holiday. I reckon that's what the vast majority would end up doing and is what most rich people without money worries do anyway.

That and start a communist revolution.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

So much warhammer... SO much warhammer

Oh and charity too, right right

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Nothingtoseehere posted:

The beeb appears to have scrubbed it from youtube, but there was a clip from newsnight in 2012 where some tory scumbag is talking about how Britain's schools need to buck up and discipline properly like they do in Singapore, and the guy he's facing off against gets more and more frustrated until he just yells "Singapore is a fascist state!"

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

josh04 posted:

The beeb appears to have scrubbed it from youtube, but there was a clip from newsnight in 2012 where some tory scumbag is talking about how Britain's schools need to buck up and discipline properly like they do in Singapore, and the guy he's facing off against gets more and more frustrated until he just yells "Singapore is a fascist state!"

It's a sunny one though.

And honestly not quite, it's just very corporate dystopian place. No concentration camps that I know of and they at least try very hard to pretend to be multicultural (there's the joke about "everyone can succeed in Singapore, they just have to be Chinese" but at the same time it is a joke).

But yes things like schools and drug policy are pretty broken. The migrant labour problem is a bit complicated - ultimately it's a high-income capitalist economy with relatively open immigration policies surrounded by a sea of poor countries, so you'll always have exploitation, but it's not that different from UK and Romania, say. Well except that the gap is bigger, I think Romania has similar median income to Malaysia, by a fair margin the wealthiest Singaporean neighbour.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Oct 11, 2021

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

If I won the lottery I'd buy land in the Western Isles/West Highland and build a big mad house, absolutely mental place. Ridiculous house.

You occasionally get big old rural manor houses for sale for way less than you'd expect them to cost, I think I saw one around Dumbarton going for around 300k a few years ago. I imagine they don't really sell because they're miles from anywhere and cost an absolute fortune to maintain. I always kinda liked the idea of pitching in with a group of friends and leading a surreal 18th century existence, lounging about this decrepit giant mansion where people just turn up and stay for months on end, and hopefully there's no scandal and nobody gets murdered prompting an intense investigation in which everyone is suspect and much dirty laundry gets aired.

Yeah if I won the euro millions I'd probably buy one of those and fill it with secret passages and treasures and mysteries for someone down the line to figure out.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 11, 2021

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1447506646096359426?s=19

Nothing to see here, move along.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

A friend asked me to share this job wherever I could think of!

If anyone might be (seriously/genuinely) interested in a part-time 'flexible' working arrangement as a Grants Manager (basically, applying to as many relevant trusts, foundations as possible for grants!) for a very small international development charity working with schools / educational projects in Africa/India, PM me!

20 hours per week, flexible working
NJC SO1 sp23 £27,741 pro rata
1 year contract

I did suggest that people who have experience writing grant applications for eg science projects etc might have the necessary skills!

Mebh
May 10, 2010

MM good food for thought all, thanks.

Not looking to move just yet, job stable so probably 5 year fix is a decent shout. It just seems so... dodgy.

Like, the fact that I could sell this place and use the difference in price to buy a half million house in a cheaper area with barely an increase in the monthly mortgage (for at least 2 years lol) is absolutely nuts.

I'm probably going to take 15 grand out to redo the kitchen. May as well. Increases LTV to 63% and changes not a jot on the final repayment value interest wise if I stay with the same lender.

It's mad how different this is from 'personal credit card' juggling imaginary money and financing and yet people still think that government spending works the same way like a loan from halifax to buy a new toilet.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Let us know when your episode of Grand Designs airs, showcasing the building of your house as it runs at 5 times the quoted price and 8 years late.

(Is Grand Designs still on? That just seemed the story of every episode I saw)

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Grand designs is the toriest TV show that I just can't bring myself to dislike

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Singapore is great if you have money to spend.

The UK is miserable no matter how much money you have.

I think the problem with winning the lottery if you're living paycheck to paycheck is your priorities and hierarchies of need are different and the infusion of a ton of money can paradoxically lead to self-destructive behaviour like aforementioned suicide by drink. If your only aspiration in life was to save enough money to have a taste of that £80 whiskey and now you have enough to buy it by the truckload? I think few would have the discipline and presence of mind not to go even very slightly off the rails. See all the posters here deciding that flying to Monaco is the best use of lottery money when you can have enough to live like the 10% idly for the rest of your life and still have enough leftover to house the homeless population of the town.

Private Speech posted:

And honestly not quite, it's just very corporate dystopian place. No concentration camps that I know of and they at least try very hard to pretend to be multicultural (there's the joke about "everyone can succeed in Singapore, they just have to be Chinese" but at the same time it is a joke).

You also have to be a member of the Singaporean aristocracy.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

ThomasPaine posted:

You occasionally get big old rural manor houses for sale for way less than you'd expect them to cost, I think I saw one around Dumbarton going for around 300k a few years ago. I imagine they don't really sell because they're miles from anywhere and cost an absolute fortune to maintain. I always kinda liked the idea of pitching in with a group of friends and leading a surreal 18th century existence, lounging about this decrepit giant mansion where people just turn up and stay for months on end, and hopefully there's no scandal and nobody gets murdered prompting an intense investigation in which everyone is suspect and much dirty laundry gets aired.

Yeah if I won the euro millions I'd probably buy one of those and fill it with secret passages and treasures and mysteries for someone down the line to figure out.

Ooh like the Winchester Mystery House they have on that Weird or What show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House

quote:

In 1884, she purchased an unfinished farmhouse in the Santa Clara Valley and began building her mansion. Carpenters were hired and worked on the house day and night until it became a seven-story mansion. She did not use an architect and added on to the building in a haphazard fashion, so the home contains numerous oddities such as doors and stairs that go nowhere, windows overlooking other rooms and stairs with odd-sized risers. Many accounts attribute these oddities to her belief in ghosts.[9] Environmental psychologists have theorized that the odd layout itself contributes to the feeling of the house being haunted today.[10][11]

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mebh posted:

Not looking to move just yet, job stable so probably 5 year fix is a decent shout. It just seems so... dodgy.

Like, the fact that I could sell this place and use the difference in price to buy a half million house in a cheaper area with barely an increase in the monthly mortgage (for at least 2 years lol) is absolutely nuts.
I recently saw a flat for sale in Glasgow (not the nicest area, Castlemilk), 2 bedrooms, £33k.

Actually mad I had no way to afford the deposit. I suppose there's a chance the high rise it is in is a disaster but that was still ⅔ the price of a bedsit in the equally rough East End.

Felt like the first time I'd ever seen a flat for sale in a desirable city that was actually vaguely affordable.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

I recently saw a flat for sale in Glasgow (not the nicest area, Castlemilk), 2 bedrooms, £33k.

Actually mad I had no way to afford the deposit. I suppose there's a chance the high rise it is in is a disaster but that was still ⅔ the price of a bedsit in the equally rough East End.

Felt like the first time I'd ever seen a flat for sale in a desirable city that was actually vaguely affordable.

Bet you it was a leasehold though.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

Singapore is great if you have money to spend.

The UK is miserable no matter how much money you have.

I think the problem with winning the lottery if you're living paycheck to paycheck is your priorities and hierarchies of need are different and the infusion of a ton of money can paradoxically lead to self-destructive behaviour like aforementioned suicide by drink. If your only aspiration in life was to save enough money to have a taste of that £80 whiskey and now you have enough to buy it by the truckload? I think few would have the discipline and presence of mind not to go even very slightly off the rails. See all the posters here deciding that flying to Monaco is the best use of lottery money when you can have enough to live like the 10% idly for the rest of your life and still have enough leftover to house the homeless population of the town.

Like this is the thing, if you just want a city where luxury is yours if you have money London already exists. Singapore with cash is only better if you like themepark sterility and sweltering weather with your megarich luxury - a valid choice, but an odd one. If I had a lottery winnings I'd be in central London myself - always can go on holiday when you miss the sun.

and yea Singapore has problems with it's multiculturalism policies that are starting to show - while it's very anti-segeration in housing, they more otherise Malay and Indian cultures rather than integrate them into the Singaporian Chinese whole - which itself has been recreated from the original stock, language changing wholesale from a variety of chinese regional languages and dialects to beijing standard Mandarin.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 11, 2021

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Mebh posted:

I'm probably going to take 15 grand out to redo the kitchen. May as well. Increases LTV to 63% and changes not a jot on the final repayment value interest wise if I stay with the same lender.

It's mad how different this is from 'personal credit card' juggling imaginary money and financing and yet people still think that government spending works the same way like a loan from halifax to buy a new toilet.

You might not be able to remortgage with the same lender, you'd have to go onto one of their "retention" products which are usually significantly worse than a new deal elsewhere. Which deal to go for will depend on the size of your mortgage, for anything sub £150k or so the fee-free deals work out the best although the month payment is slightly higher, whereas over £150k then paying a fee might work out better. Keeping your LTV sub-60% will get you access to the lowest rates for either option.

Mebh posted:

Bet you it was a leasehold though.

Or in a block with flammable cladding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Z the IVth posted:

That's not the joke though, but, I guess? Not like that's not the case in the UK. It's still relatively good place for your average resident compared with the surrounding countries.

e: In fact Singapore ranks just ahead of the UK in intergenerational social mobility. Which to be fair isn't that great either.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Oct 11, 2021