Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[CCRishly] I wanna know, why road dogg preferred the grey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Nipponophile posted:

Let's not forget that after Gargano, Ciampa, and the others debuted to no fanfare in front of a crowd who had no idea who they were and reacted accordingly, WWE put out this video to make sure that everyone knew that "No, it's the audience who were wrong."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEMNCra2SKs

lol wow

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nipponophile posted:

Let's not forget that after Gargano, Ciampa, and the others debuted to no fanfare in front of a crowd who had no idea who they were and reacted accordingly, WWE put out this video to make sure that everyone knew that "No, it's the audience who were wrong."

I've never seen this before, what an insane video to make

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Vandar posted:

It’s not true y’all.

But the fact that it’s so believable says everything.

I got got.

In my defense it sounded so much like something they would or have done it didn't even trigger my critical thinking powers.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
that video is insanity, obviously, but lafayette was always a historically poo poo live city

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

explosivo posted:

I've never seen this before, what an insane video to make

Yeah I absolutely don't remember this video as part of the NXT debuts. Incredibly cringe.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

mactheknife posted:

that video is insanity, obviously, but lafayette was always a historically poo poo live city

Has AEW run there yet? Remember that Dynamite in the notoriously dead Corpus Christi where people were actually going bonkers for two hours straight

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm starting to suspect that certain cities having reputations for indifferent and/or hostile crowds isn't actually because of any problem with the audience but rather about WWE being poo poo.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
WWE hates certain crowds for being too vocal. WWE hates certain crowds for being too quiet.

Thunderdome was their ideal audience, I'm surprised they ever went back to crowds

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tato posted:

WWE hates certain crowds for being too vocal. WWE hates certain crowds for being too quiet.

Thunderdome was their ideal audience, I'm surprised they ever went back to crowds

They have the best of both worlds now; real crowds AND they still use fake applause/booing/sweetening as needed

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

1glitch0 posted:

I got got.

In my defense it sounded so much like something they would or have done it didn't even trigger my critical thinking powers.

I got got too. It’s such an easy thing to believe isn’t it?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm starting to suspect that certain cities having reputations for indifferent and/or hostile crowds isn't actually because of any problem with the audience but rather about WWE being poo poo.

i remember folks being all 'gee golly pittsburgh is a real rough town for shows' before the first rampage and aew blew the roof off the joint

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Wasn't Pittsburgh the royal rumble where they booed Roman and the rock

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Jackie D posted:

Wasn't Pittsburgh the royal rumble where they booed Roman and the rock

Pittsburgh actually cheered for Roman, but only because it was telegraphed for like two weeks that Batista was going to win.

Roman/The Rock got booed at Philly the next year.

edit: Pittsburgh booed pretty much everyone in that Rumble, especially closer to the end when dudes coming through the curtain were NOT Daniel Bryan. I still feel bad for Rey Mysterio, ha.

esperantinc fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 11, 2021

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
portland has always done well, yet we haven’t had a main roster ppv since 2008

nxt takeover was pretty hype

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
pittsburgh and Philadelphia are the same city and nobody can convince me otherwise

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I was at that Rumble and that crowd would have popped massively for a Roman win.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Seams posted:

pittsburgh and Philadelphia are the same city and nobody can convince me otherwise

holy gently caress

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Seams posted:

nah, pittsburgh is in ohio and philly is in new jersey.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

karmicknight posted:

philly is in new jersey.

this is correct

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Your job is to entertain your audience so if they're quiet you hosed up. And if you KNOW a certain audience is predisposed to certain things then you have no body but yourself to blame for doing the thing you could have predicted would get a bad reaction in the place you chose to perform in.

But "the crowd was bad" has been a go to defense for homerism for as long as I can remember.

Nipponophile posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEMNCra2SKs
Man, if I had any inclination to watch wwe that guy would stifle it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

STAC Goat posted:

Man, if I had any inclination to watch wwe that guy would stifle it.

hes now 1/2 the sd booth

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

graph posted:

hes now 1/2 the sd booth

Listening to him just aimlessly repeat "Brood Edge!" at SummerSlam was painful.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

nah, pittsburgh is in ohio and philly is in new jersey.

yeah

yeah you're right

the only city thats actually in pennsylvania is like

harrisburg

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's too bad Pat McAfee is obnoxious on commentary because otherwise he owns

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's just Pat McAfee.

That is 100% his own shtick and not a WWE thing. Guy acts the same on his own podcast and when he guests on other things. He's also the guy who told WWE to stuff it when they tried to give him crap, which is probably why they let him do whatever.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
RAW Preview

quote:

WWE Champion Big E and Drew McIntyre set to meet face-to-face
One week after accepting Drew McIntyre’s challenge for a WWE Championship Match, Big E heads to the ring for a meeting with The King of Claymore Country ahead of their bout at WWE Crown Jewel.

quote:

Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair attempt to work together in tag team clash against Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair
The battle for dominance between Sasha Banks, Bianca Belair, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair has resulted in heated brawls across both Raw and SmackDown in the past few weeks.

This Monday, The Boss and The EST of WWE will try to put their issues aside to take down the championship team of The Man and The Queen in a massive tag team match.

Will one of these teams work together for a victory, or will their animosity result in all-out chaos once again?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
CAN THEY COEXIST

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is Bianca the next women’s wrestler after Bayley alphabetically on the roster

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Becky

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Asset already in file Foursewomen.exe

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bartok posted:

Reminds me how I used to think the Corpus Christi crowds were the worst until AEW did a show there and they were noisy as gently caress.

South Texas crowds in general tend to be the worst when it comes to WWE shows.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the king of claymore country

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

i got bored just from reading that

can't wait to watch the raw clips

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I used Peacock on my PS4 to watch the Hockey playoffs last year and it mostly worked great, only one game had a buffering problem. Their actual content catalogue is also pretty impressive and they have this neat gimmick on the cheap account with ads where every 2-3 episodes of a binge session they'll give you a commercial free episode courtesy of a single sponsor. I like it.

I'd say they're just giving WWE content the level of effort it deserves, but if they were doing that they would have never bought the network in the first place.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Procrastinator posted:

Claymore Country > Suplex City

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Procrastinator posted:

I didn’t vote for him

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

rotinaj posted:

I didn’t vote for him

Strange septuagenarians, slathering their steak with ketchup on their desks, distributing swords is no basis for determining a world champion.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

rotinaj posted:

I didn’t vote for him

of course you didn't, its a monarchy not a democracy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Coward of Claymore County