Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Lmao 20,000 panels is nothing lol. The panels look about 2m wide, meaning 20k panels will cover 40km. Meanwhile the US-Mexican border is over 3000km long.

$120 million dollars to "secure" one-point-something percent of the border. A very dumb idea from a very dumb man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

WaffleZombie posted:

Lol, Marine LePen isn't terrible enough for them?

...and according to an aggregate of polls, she has 17 percent support, this ghoul has 13, and Macron has 24. So 30% do want terrible, just slightly different preferences in the way the terribleness is packaged.

So, what, is that like standard around the world that about 30% of each country just wants the absolute worst people to lead them?

Zemmour proposed outlawing all first names for babies except those held by saints

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Oh, all right.

I got what I asked for.

Strangely enough his face on that woman looks like a N64 face from Goldeneye or something.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Junk posted:

i'm dead

ashli babbitt, confirmed SA poster (ghoaster???)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
A solid lol to be had here

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1447666165531152384

Wow yeah that is quite the "achievement"

Amoxicilina
Oct 21, 2008

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

For information that guy claims that to better integrate (I believe he even says assimilate) immigrants in France, the state must reinstate an old law that would force all parents to give their children French first names.

A good French name like Eric, right?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Science

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Isnt that just signs of perimenopause?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

Zemmour proposed outlawing all first names for babies except those held by saints

Pretty sure this was a thing in Spain at some point? I know my grandmother still calls me on my "Saint Day" to sing me the Saint's Day Song.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Frank Frank posted:

It’s a Saturday in Iowa. What the gently caress else are they going to do? Go cow tipping?

uhhh maybe you're not aware of this but Des Moines is an up and coming major metropolis rated one of the highest in the country for happiness of its residents also have you ever had an iowa chop my man

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

it should be off at a light angle and come back up through the bottom of the photo too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

More shedding

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Batterypowered7 posted:

Pretty sure this was a thing in Spain at some point? I know my grandmother still calls me on my "Saint Day" to sing me the Saint's Day Song.

Name day is/was a thing in a lot of European countries. Doesn't necessarily mean that it is/was illegal to give your kids non-saint names.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1447668334812704771

This one had me rolling, it's from down under but it's the same poo poo.

Do note he's powerful, very powerful and will be back.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

The most popular name for babies in Spain right now is Javier-Sephiroth

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

bird with big dick posted:

uhhh maybe you're not aware of this but Des Moines is an up and coming major metropolis rated one of the highest in the country for happiness of its residents also have you ever had an iowa chop my man

No.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

The most popular name for babies in Spain right now is Javier-Sephiroth

You actually got me to look :mad:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

holy goddamn LOL!!!!!

Keep at it folks, we're killing them just not dying from covid around them or something.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Well at least Mexico paid for it, right?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Last Call posted:

Cry baby BBQ Owner in To says he's closing down due to the vaccine passports.

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/sta...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Shutting down your business to own the libs.

Or is the real cause something else....

Adam Skelly has racked up $48,691.74 in rent arrears.

https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2021/07/adamson-bbq-shut-down/21

The notice, which is dated July 5, was shared by a dissatisfied customer online via a Google review on July 12, meaning that the five days for Skelly to settle up with his landlord have now well passed.

As the resident noted in their review: "This is the fourth time I have gone by to pick up food in the last month. The first three times they had no food, and today... locked out with $46,691.74 owing in rent. Love the food but super annoyed and frustrated with all shenanigans."

Though no one from the Adamson team replied to blogTO's request for comment by the time of publication, the bailiff corporation was able to confirm that the business does in fact owe the landlord the aforementioned amount in rent money and that it does not intend to stay at the Aurora location.

That's one way to kill your own business.

i'm in ur bbq, replevying ur chattelz

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Hahaha that owns

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

https://twitter.com/realTuckFrumper/status/1447648214912417795

Dear Santa,

I have been a very good boy this year.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Oh, all right.

:lol:

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Guze posted:

Decertification is still not a thing

They're never going to let it go, so I suggest we lean in to the concept. So now we can retroactively overturn elections by states withdrawing their certification? Well, how many blue states would like to decertify the 1980 & 84 elections? Sorry, Regan was no longer ever the 40th President, Walter Mondale was. And what do you know, it turns out Trump lost in '16 now too!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1447672934911389697

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Fox News tonight is going to be a riot.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Xenocides posted:

Dear Santa,
the worst punishment they'll ever receive is when raid: shadow legends and squarespace cut down slightly on their advertising.
not even stop, not even stop: every other day, maybe.
but who gives a gently caress, they'll always have more money and be happier than all of us put together.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/eric-clapton-vaccine-lockdown-racist-comments-1239027/

Can't think of a good falling out a window joke but there's gotta be one in there somewhere.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

give the chuds what they want, make superman jr have an incestuous relationship with his mother

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Make it Louis Tully from Ghostbusters and you got yourself a loving hit.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

LifeSunDeath posted:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/eric-clapton-vaccine-lockdown-racist-comments-1239027/

Can't think of a good falling out a window joke but there's gotta be one in there somewhere.

No he didn't change, Rolling Stone, he was always a piece of poo poo.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Polio Vax Scene posted:

give the chuds what they want, make superman jr have an incestuous relationship with his mother

Actually shippers may finally get what they want.

Tim Drake who is Robin (one of them) turned out to be bi as well recently. There have long been shippers that were pairing him with Superboy (Albeit not Jon version).

So we might see that with Drake and Jon given time.

Ironically DC already owns a pair of gay super heroes who are basically versions of Superman and Batman.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Shanghaied posted:

Zemmour was born to Jewish parents from Algeria.

Jean-Marie Le Pen, Marine's father and Front National founder, has been convicted of Holocaust denial in both France and Germany.

I think we can all figure out the difference between Zemmour and Le Pen supporters.

Thank you for this clarification, which seems to boil down to: lol, misogynists sur le droite, antisemities sur l'autre droite

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

priznat posted:

A solid lol to be had here

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1447666165531152384

Wow yeah that is quite the "achievement"

Goddamn they’ve made some stupid poo poo over the years but this one is such a self-own I want to buy one.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Asterite34 posted:

I'm just shocked it wasn't Batman, honestly. People have been joking about the transparency of that closet since the 60s

That puts the colorfully dressed "boy wonder" in a whole new light...

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Xenocides posted:

Dear Santa,

“The poor deluded idiots think we’ll face consequences!”
“Lol”
“Lmao”

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Corn Glizzy posted:

Goddamn they’ve made some stupid poo poo over the years but this one is such a self-own I want to buy one.

it's marketed to the kind of person who would follow this thread. don't fall for it

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

LifeSunDeath posted:

"My respect for Clapton went out the window like an unattended three year old"

Shanghaied posted:

No he didn't change, Rolling Stone, he was always a piece of poo poo.

Convincing Rolling Stone old rock guys have hosed histories and opinions is near impossible. Mick Jagger could murder their entire staff and an intern would Tweet out "Mick Jagger has strong words for Rolling Stone staff" while hiding under a desk praying he won't be next.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

InsertPotPun posted:

the worst punishment they'll ever receive is when raid: shadow legends and squarespace cut down slightly on their advertising.
not even stop, not even stop: every other day, maybe.
but who gives a gently caress, they'll always have more money and be happier than all of us put together.
They'll always have money, but they won't be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Corn Glizzy posted:

Thats how they get you