Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

RCarr posted:

Gotta love when you lose on the 2nd play of the game

:negative:

But on the plus side in another league I beat the undefeated team with over 100 points more scored than any other team despite starting Carson (whoops!), Golladay, and Beckham. :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

I needed 32 points from Lamar to win tonight and he got me 42 lmao.

Haha, I needed like 37. I thought I was screwed after my opponent had Josh Allen give him a hell of a game on Sunday. Thank you, missed kicks, OT and coin flips. And Lamar going crazy after halftime.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What an absolutely nuts week of fantasy football. Just utter chaos and rostered players going absolutely bonkers. Love to see it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hmmm after some thought I believe that uh no, it was in fact NOT wise to start Dalton Schultz over Mark Andrews.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

nobody's season is over. i believe in all of you goons

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My first year of fantasy football I started off 0-5 and ended up winning the league, so you still have a chance! It was also a work league and we all got laid off the day after the draft so I could not even gloat about it in person.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Pain of Mind posted:

My first year of fantasy football I started off 0-5 and ended up winning the league, so you still have a chance! It was also a work league and we all got laid off the day after the draft so I could not even gloat about it in person.

Yeah I just worry about getting a playoff spot and in my league the team with the best record has never won the championship

I’m 2-3 and probably staying in 9th place but building a good team Which won’t matter when injuries hit me in November

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 12, 2021

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I started CEH over Mike Williams.

I still won by 5 points but I’m gonna die mad

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Marquise Brown TD came too late to save me in 20-team. If it'd been a deep bomb the yardage would have made it. Or if Golladay hadn't gotten hurt. Or Tyreek had a TYREEK game. Or if Stafford had thrown for an extra TD. Or if Brandin Cooks was somehow still relevant.

I hate those weeks where you could point to any one small thing that would have put you over the top. At least with a massive blowout you can relax in the knowledge that it was never gonna happen.

Edit: well, I did put up the 3rd highest score in my Sleeper auction league and would have had 2nd if I'd trusted Woods over Cooks. So I guess the week isn't a total waste.

It'd also be nice if Khalil Herbert continued to be a thing.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 12, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I started CEH over Mike Williams.

I still won by 5 points but I’m gonna die mad
I started Mooney (6.5) over DeVonta Smith (16.7), Hunter Renfrow (11.6), and Courtland Sutton (25).

I lost by less than a point.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
In April, one of my 8 year old sons developed diabetes and was hospitalized for the first of what would turn out to be 3 times.

I resolved to get as many shares of Mark Andrew's, who was diagnosed with type 1 at the age of 9, as possible. I started rooting for the Ravens to show my son he doesn't have to be limited by his diagnosis.

Last night we watched the game together and, for the first time since I was staring at him unresponsive in the emergency room 6 months ago, I was glad for his diabetes diagnosis.

Fantasy football and the NFL mean so much to me y'all.

Oh, and some racist bigot got fired so wins all over the place.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Sorry to hear about your son, the exact same thing happened to one of my coworkers and with kids of a similar age I can imagine the stress it puts on you. Hopefully Mark Andrews provided some inspiration to him, even though I had him as a bust before the season started.

Now who should I drop between Tim Patrick, Rondale Moore, Aiyuk, or Christian Kirk? I am thinking Aiyuk, it just seems like he has no role within the offense.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Pain of Mind posted:

Sorry to hear about your son, the exact same thing happened to one of my coworkers and with kids of a similar age I can imagine the stress it puts on you. Hopefully Mark Andrews provided some inspiration to him, even though I had him as a bust before the season started.

Now who should I drop between Tim Patrick, Rondale Moore, Aiyuk, or Christian Kirk? I am thinking Aiyuk, it just seems like he has no role within the offense.

My hope with Aiyuk is after the bye they figure out a way to get him more involved. Personally I'd make a decision between one of Kirk/Moore, you don't want to deal with that headache.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Matt Zerella posted:

My hope with Aiyuk is after the bye they figure out a way to get him more involved. Personally I'd make a decision between one of Kirk/Moore, you don't want to deal with that headache.
Agree with this assessment.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

For the record, I think Aiyuk is droppable in other circumstances if you're seriously bye crunched this week.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Drunk Nerds posted:

In April, one of my 8 year old sons developed diabetes and was hospitalized for the first of what would turn out to be 3 times.

I resolved to get as many shares of Mark Andrew's, who was diagnosed with type 1 at the age of 9, as possible. I started rooting for the Ravens to show my son he doesn't have to be limited by his diagnosis.

Last night we watched the game together and, for the first time since I was staring at him unresponsive in the emergency room 6 months ago, I was glad for his diabetes diagnosis.

Fantasy football and the NFL mean so much to me y'all.

Oh, and some racist bigot got fired so wins all over the place.

Well poo poo man you need to get at me in the Goon Fantasies league we're working something out.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

How for real is Kadarius Toney? The Giants are dogshit, and his role is unclear after every other WR comes back from injury, but I'm worried that if I don't pick him up he could have one of those OBJ-style seasons where he just gets fed on a poo poo team team because there's nothing else to really do.

Currently spending 25% of my faab on him but thinking of upping it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well poo poo man you need to get at me in the Goon Fantasies league we're working something out.

I don't think I'm in that league, but thanks!

Is Kadarius Toney injured at all, or is it all due to that one reporter typing the wrong name?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

I don't think I'm in that league, but thanks!

Is Kadarius Toney injured at all, or is it all due to that one reporter typing the wrong name?

Think he picked up an ankle injury in game (after which he got frustrated on the bench and inadvertantly headbutted a team mate).

He's the real deal and is an obviously special athlete. He looks like who we think Shenault or AJ Brown can be with the ball in his hands.

Now whether Jason Garrett is a good enough OC to use him correctly....

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

dy. posted:

How for real is Kadarius Toney? The Giants are dogshit, and his role is unclear after every other WR comes back from injury, but I'm worried that if I don't pick him up he could have one of those OBJ-style seasons where he just gets fed on a poo poo team team because there's nothing else to really do.

Currently spending 25% of my faab on him but thinking of upping it.

He's for real and this is coming from a Giants fan who hates both their team and said teams management.

I had a rule this year of no giants on my fantasy team but I scooped up Toney last week and ended up starting him. If he's not seriously injured he's going to be in my lineup going forward.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I picked up Toney for free Saturday but didn’t start him over Deebo, Terry, or Mike Evans.

Still, watching him play and make defenders look like goons was fun as hell. Literally making cuts I didn’t think the human ankle could withstand (which is why he’s probably Q right now). I might not start him unless one of my big 3 gets hurt or has a real bad matchup but he looks really skilled and I’m glad I have him as an option. Definitely worth a chunk of FAAB if you are hurting at WR or have a lot to spare.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Whoreson Welles posted:

I picked up Toney for free Saturday but didn’t start him over Deebo, Terry, or Mike Evans.

Still, watching him play and make defenders look like goons was fun as hell. Literally making cuts I didn’t think the human ankle could withstand (which is why he’s probably Q right now). I might not start him unless one of my big 3 gets hurt or has a real bad matchup but he looks really skilled and I’m glad I have him as an option. Definitely worth a chunk of FAAB if you are hurting at WR or have a lot to spare.

My FAB calculator says 42.5% but I think I'm going an even 50 for him based on, like you pointed out, how great his tape looked.
https://footballabsurdity.com/faab-calculator/

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Thanks for the input, gonna double my FAAB bid. Both of my starting WR's are on bye next week so I think he is extra-important as long as that injury isn't too bad.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
What's wrong with AJ Brown? I drafted him to be my top WR and he's almost unstartable right now, got a 40% catch rate and couldn't even get it going against Jacksonville with Julio out. Is this just a symptom of the Titans passing game being not great at the moment?

And also: I have one IR slot. Right now Logan Thomas is in it, but with Russ getting hurt, is it worthwhile to keep Thomas or should I just move Russ to IR and drop Thomas to free up the bench spot? I have Hurts at QB and Schultz at TE (and a waiver claim out on Knox, don't know if I'll get it). Basically, is Thomas good enough to keep around, or is just in that same tier as Schultz and Knox anyway?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Darrell Williams is the obvious add to attempt to replace CEH?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bellmaker posted:

Either him or McKinnon. I have no idea what either of their numbers look like this year or if Reid would have Darrell maintain his role and have McKinnon take over CEH's role (like what the Raiders did with Barber when Jacobs was out) or what they'll do.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

Derrick Gore will ascend!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MacheteZombie posted:

Derrick Gore will ascend!
Tell me that is Frank Gore's son.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Tell me that is Frank Gore's son.

Sadly not, however Frank has a son Frank Jr currently playing RB in college

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Need help.

My current dynasty team is 3-2. 12 team PPR league.

QB- Kyler Murray
RB- Dalvin Cook
RB- Derrick Henry
WR- Allen Robinson
WR- Jakobi Myers
Flex- D’andre Swift
Flex- Cole Beasley
TE- Travis Kelce

Bench

QB- Kirk Cousins
RB- Alexander Mattison
RB- Ty Johnson
RB- Mark Ingram
WR- Van Jefferson
WR- Quintez Cephus
WR- Quez Watkins
WR- Kendrick Bourne

IR

Michael Thomas
Jerry Jeudy

I was just offered my Allen Robinson and a 1st round pick next year for Mike Evans and a 2nd round pick next year. On one hand I don’t love moving first rounders when I don’t have much depth, but on the other hand my pass catchers are loving brutal right now and I have to maximize the window I have with Derrick Henry and Travis Kelce. I won the league last year and I’d like to try for another.

Thoughts?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

Sadly not, however Frank has a son Frank Jr currently playing RB in college

Only a few years until he ends up competing with his dad for reps with whatever team hires Gase to do anything

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Ty1990 posted:

Need help.

QB- Kyler Murray
RB- Dalvin Cook
RB- Derrick Henry
WR- Allen Robinson
WR- Jakobi Myers
Flex- D’andre Swift
Flex- Cole Beasley
TE- Travis Kelce

Bench

QB- Kirk Cousins
RB- Alexander Mattison
RB- Ty Johnson
RB- Mark Ingram
WR- Van Jefferson
WR- Quintez Cephus
WR- Quez Watkins
WR- Kendrick Bourne

IR

Michael Thomas
Jerry Jeudy

I was just offered my Allen Robinson and a 1st round pick next year for Mike Evans and a 2nd round pick next year. On one hand I don’t love moving first rounders when I don’t have much depth, but on the other hand my pass catchers are loving brutal right now and I have to maximize the window I have with Derrick Henry and Travis Kelce. I won the league last year and I’d like to try for another.

Thoughts?

imo I wouldn’t get rid of a 1st this early in the season, but that’s just me. Getting rid of a 1st sucks major rear end when the next season comes up and you realize “oh gently caress that’s right I don’t have a 1st”. However if you feel like you’d be able to live without a 1st if it meant getting another 2nd round pick then this is a pretty solid trade considering your current depth.

Last year we had some guys trade away 1st round picks but it was like week 10 when they were well on the playoff train and wanted to solidify their depth or replace injuries.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
I just offered Jalen Hurts and Tyler Higbee for Dawson Knox to the Russel Wilson owner. I have Tom Brady.

It feels bad trading a clear QB1 but I really just need an upgrade at TE and everyone else is also happy with their QB. Tell me I"m dumb?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Enemu posted:

I just offered Jalen Hurts and Tyler Higbee for Dawson Knox to the Russel Wilson owner. I have Tom Brady.

It feels bad trading a clear QB1 but I really just need an upgrade at TE and everyone else is also happy with their QB. Tell me I"m dumb?

If it's redraft don't sweat it

Enemu
May 31, 2014

MacheteZombie posted:

Yep redraft. I was stressing out about the Brady/Hurts start/sit every week and always jacked it up anyway

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Ty1990 posted:

Need help.

QB- Kyler Murray
RB- Dalvin Cook
RB- Derrick Henry
WR- Allen Robinson
WR- Jakobi Myers
Flex- D’andre Swift
Flex- Cole Beasley
TE- Travis Kelce

Bench

QB- Kirk Cousins
RB- Alexander Mattison
RB- Ty Johnson
RB- Mark Ingram
WR- Van Jefferson
WR- Quintez Cephus
WR- Quez Watkins
WR- Kendrick Bourne

IR

Michael Thomas
Jerry Jeudy

Thoughts?

Can you trade a 2nd or a 2nd and Jefferson for someone like brandin cooks, obj, hunter renfrow, cordarelle, Antonio brown? That deal seems like an overpay for Mike Evans.

Enemu
May 31, 2014
Well, two offers now on the table.

Here's my team:

Brady/Hurts
Chubb/Henderson/Davis/Edmonds/Michel
Hollywood/McLaurin/Diggs/Toney/Reagor
Higbee

Trade 1: Give Brady and Higbee, get Knox
Trade 2: Give Hurts, get DeVonta Smith

Looking around the league I don't think I can move one of these QBs easily. I prefer Brady to Hurts, but would love that upgrade at TE.

Thoughts?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

Agreed. Brady is more hit than miss so Hurts isn't doing you anything that replacement level waiver guys can't do. If you like Knox then this is a fair price to get Knox'ed up (screw you Quiet Feet, I thought of this pun at the exact same time you did, you just type faster, lol)

Enemu
May 31, 2014

Drunk Nerds posted:

Agreed. Brady is more hit than miss so Hurts isn't doing you anything that replacement level waiver guys can't do. If you like Knox then this is a fair price to get Knox'ed up (screw you Quiet Feet, I thought of this pun at the exact same time you did, you just type faster, lol)

Unfortunately he bailed last second and wants Brady for that deal, or would take Hurts for DeVonta Smith. Given my roster, I'm not sold that I need Smith but Hurts is just wallowing on my Bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ty1990 posted:

Need help.

QB- Kyler Murray
RB- Dalvin Cook
RB- Derrick Henry
WR- Allen Robinson
WR- Jakobi Myers
Flex- D’andre Swift
Flex- Cole Beasley
TE- Travis Kelce

Bench

QB- Kirk Cousins
RB- Alexander Mattison
RB- Ty Johnson
RB- Mark Ingram
WR- Van Jefferson
WR- Quintez Cephus
WR- Quez Watkins
WR- Kendrick Bourne

IR

Michael Thomas
Jerry Jeudy

Thoughts?

No, Robinson will be moved from the Bears more likely than not and Evans is in an offense with a ton of mouths to feed. It's trying to get you to sell low.