Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

71% feels low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So you're saying there's a chance...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmfao indy

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I dunno I thought that was pretty good.

I expected to lose by 3 TDs

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Theres also the bad FA moves and trades. Like last year they had an offer on the table from the Bucs to move back from 9 to 14, where they likely still could have landed Henderson, where they would have received a 3rd and 5th rounder for it. They of course declined and now Henderson is a Panther because of the regime change. Chaisson is a complete bust. All this years FA signins are either bad or overpaid, if not both. Drafting Tyson Campbell at 33 when you already have Henderson, Shaquill Griffin, Sidney Jones, and Tre Herndon is absurd THEN they trade two of those guys "because Campbell is doing so well" only for him to not be able to play THE NEXT loving GAME. They get an, at best, top 16 TE, plus a 3rd round pick for Henderson and got a 6th rounder for Sidney Jones who is now a starter for the Seahawks. They traded a starting CB for a 6th rounder! And one of the leagues top 32 QBs Gardner Minshew for a 6th rounder. Its all totally pathetic and insane.

Thank you for putting it all out here like this. Marvin Jones is good. Big Jeff

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Anyone got any spare dbs? Asking for a friend.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EvilBeard posted:

Anyone got any spare dbs? Asking for a friend.
Jaguars may have an extra hanging around, since they apparently dont value them and like to trade them away for peanuts.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts offense looked pretty good most of the night, but they tend to get real conservative late and need to fix that. Also stop playing Mack and give Taylor more carries.

Defense was terrible but I dunno how much you can expect when you're down to the last CB and then a couple of practice squad guys.

Colts absolutely need to shut Wentz down though before he reaches that mark where they'd have to give the Eagles their pick.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
The defense was fine until we lost all the dbs. And even then, if we just block Campbell or have a kicker with more range than 45yds, they still win. Special teams really screwed the pooch on this one.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Sanchez's kick didn't look too awful. When Wentz dove straight for the middle of the field on the last play, I assumed they were setting HIM up to just kick it straight in.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Thank you for putting it all out here like this. Marvin Jones is good. Big Jeff
Honestly, what even is this? Dumb meme posting bullcrap like this is why I stopped posting in TFF the first time. Is this supposed to be funny? Ironic? Did it add to the discussion?

p.s. Marvin Jones is garbage

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Also: Wentz blew this game because we all know Tails NEVER fails.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Athanatos posted:

Sanchez's kick didn't look too awful. When Wentz dove straight for the middle of the field on the last play, I assumed they were setting HIM up to just kick it straight in.

Maybe if Blankenship had missed that 43-yarder earlier, but he nailed that one perfectly so I guess they figured he was good to go.

Always love to hear about a kicker injury for the first time right after a missed kick though, very cool.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Honestly, what even is this? Dumb meme posting bullcrap like this is why I stopped posting in TFF the first time. Is this supposed to be funny? Ironic? Did it add to the discussion?

p.s. Marvin Jones is garbage

I unironically love Marvin Jones. I’m sorry that you don’t like having fun saying Big Jeff with the rest of the class

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I unironically love Marvin Jones. I’m sorry that you don’t like having fun saying Big Jeff with the rest of the class
I want to like Marvin Jones but I feel like he's more a complimentary/really good #2 WR when there is a #1 WR that really scares the defense. As the de-facto #1 on the Jags he's near worthless.

I have no idea what the big jeff meme is and I really dont care so I'm glad you're having your fun.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 12, 2021

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Big Jeff is a titan that is cool and good

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

I want to like Marvin Jones but I feel like he's more a complimentary/really good #2 WR when there is a #1 WR that really scares the defense. As the de-facto #1 on the Jags he's near worthless.

I have no idea what the big jeff meme is and I really dont care so I'm glad you're having your fun.

He is the perfect number two receiver for sure. If DJ Chark doo doo doo doo doo do wasn’t hurt and laviska shenault was getting more playing time he’d be raking for sure

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Why Shenault wasn't more involved on Sunday is beyond me. gently caress Urban Meyer.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Don't care if he ends up being bad glad Avery is back

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/1448050124035403779

AT LEAST 2.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Is he buying them from a bankrupt raiders team?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Adderall just kicked in

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

TSBX posted:

Why Shenault wasn't more involved on Sunday is beyond me. gently caress Urban Meyer.

This. It's so hard to have any enthusiasm for the team anymore.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Adderall just kicked in

sure that's what he's taking

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Mr irsay Will take whatever pills you put in front of him and that’s why he’s my favorite owner in the league

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
TY Hilton designated to return from IR. Can play as early as Sunday. Sundays opponent? The Texans. He couldn't miss a Texans game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man he even tweets like a boomer.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I mean, he is...so...

also: I'm surprised London hasn't taken the teams the NFL sends to London as an insult. This game is brutal.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If the jags blow this does urban get fired

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I hope not.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

They won so that means they will extend urban by 12 years tomorrow.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

If the jags blow this does urban get fired?

I think he's going to get fired anyway but...then what?

Shad Kahn doesn't have the best record as an owner. In fact, he's been terrible so who do we get? I guess someone might jump at the chance to coach Trevor and be given a ton of control but in reality who the gently caress would ever want to come here and this dumpster fire of a city? There's no real core or identity to build around, or even a little bit of talent, despite all the early round draft picks they've compiled.

What's Doug Pederson up to these days? I'd go after him.

Aaannnddd.... LOL. Jags get a win.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Congrats Jags.

Also: Tua is bad. Real bad.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Lol.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Jags win on the strength of the kicker who made 0 FGs before today and the incompetence of the Dolphins.

Still, a win is a win. Grats Jags fans, gonna be scared of Lawrence and Robinson once you all get a real coach.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Trevor Lawrence is a living god

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Trevor bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
That last second slant/timeout combo was actually cool and good.