Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

has anyone found cinci on that chart because i've been trying for like 5 minutes and can't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Top right is good offense and defense. Bottom right is good offense, bad defense. Top Left is bad offense, good defense. Bottom left is bad both.

Tennessee has a really good offense and average defense. My guess as to why he loves that group of schools is because they probably have wildly different records, while all being very close to each other in EPA. That's all I can think of.

Also the diagonals are supposed to equal out who's about the same, so Kansas is roughly equal to UMass in that chart's theory, just in different ways. Or Clemson and OU, etc.

As to that group he loves yeah I think it's because it has some teams that everyone thinks are really good bunched up with teams everyone thinks are terrible.

e: I should quote the chart for the new page so it's easy to look at. I mean I don't know how much I buy any of this but that's how it is supposed to work.

Godzilla07 posted:

It brings me no pleasure to root for THE BUCKS but they're the only team this year with an elite offense that can make life uncomfortable for Georgia

https://twitter.com/JBudDavis/status/1448284461343334401?s=20

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 13, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gators, Hogs, Iowa State, Michigan, Pitt and Liberty are all a little better than Bama according to that and they're spot on with Nebraska, so...yeah. It's a weird funny stat thing to look at (until Bama starts losing a bunch and not just one game).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Top right is good offense and defense. Bottom right is good offense, bad defense. Top Left is bad offense, good defense. Bottom left is bad both.

Tennessee has a really good offense and average defense. My guess as to why he loves that group of schools is because they probably have wildly different records, while all being very close to each other in EPA. That's all I can think of.

Awesome thank you.

“Tennessee has a really good offense and average defense” is definitely not something I expected to hear in TYOOL 2021

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Godzilla07 posted:

It brings me no pleasure to root for THE BUCKS but they're the only team this year with an elite offense that can make life uncomfortable for Georgia

https://twitter.com/JBudDavis/status/1448284461343334401?s=20

I can tell you how Oklahoma is still undefeated. Oklahoma has the best kicker and punter in cfb along with Texas ain't back.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
numbers are made up but interceptions are real

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Wiltsghost posted:

Mangino was like this at Kansas and he also coached at Oklahoma. He was so paranoid that they planted giant evergreens encircling the practice fields. You could still see the fields from the parking garage across the street so he stopped using them all together and only practiced in the stadium.

lol couldn't you see into the stadium easily via the campanile hill area?

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I would love it if this was 2014 all over again but I’m still not getting too excited about Ohio State being a contender because they managed to blow out Akron, Rutgers, and Maryland.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This really reinforces that Colorado is Arizona's only chance at a win this season other than the "throw the records out" Territorial Cup.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Mike_V posted:

I mean, depending on where Mangino was standing it'd be nigh impossible to see into the stadium from anywhere

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Mike_V posted:

Yes, lol. The easiest stadium to look into.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Alaois posted:

has anyone found cinci on that chart because i've been trying for like 5 minutes and can't

They’re not on there, it’s just P5 + FBS Independents (all of them, not just Notre Dame)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sooner Counter-snipers Detachment :911:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

MourningView posted:

numbers are made up but interceptions are real

Unless you're UK apparently. -8 turnovers.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

General Dog posted:

They’re not on there, it’s just P5 + FBS Independents (all of them, not just Notre Dame)

what a worthless chart

like yeah sure put all the p5s into it but when you're not even measuring the #3 ranked team in the country what are you doing

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

https://twitter.com/audsnyder4/status/1448418314263228418?s=20

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Honestly, I think it's incredibly dumb how secretive teams are about injuries and depth chart stuff, doubly so if the team is not very good (shoutouts to my alma mater). You're not nearly as clever as you think you are and all it takes is the situation like at Oklahoma to make you look like a bunch of paranoid, vindictive pricks.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 14, 2021

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

That really sucks, he was having an excellent year.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

Honestly, I think it's incredibly dumb how secretive teams are about injuries and depth chart stuff, doubly so if the team is not very good (shoutouts to my alma mater). You're really nearly as clever as you think you are and all it takes is the situation like at Oklahoma to make you look like a bunch of paranoid, vindictive pricks.

I get it, especially if it’s a QB and their backup has a different play style. You have to spend time planning for either or both so it can hamper practices and prep for the game.

If it’s a WR or DL yeah agreed I think it’s dumb

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

“Adjusted for home field advantage and opponent quality” = cooking the books

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Clearly faking it

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

If you listen real close you can hear Iowa fans booing that tweet.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
When was the last time there were less than 100 passing yards cumulative between teams in a game? Because I'm staring down Army at Wisconsin right now and...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/1448005800815955971?s=20

These look rad as hell

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Rectal Placenta posted:

When was the last time there were less than 100 passing yards cumulative between teams in a game? Because I'm staring down Army at Wisconsin right now and...

At least last year's Army Navy game. A whopping 37 combined passing yards.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm glad these are for the Memphis game so I don't have to root against those rad uniforms on Saturday while screaming about binturongs.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rectal Placenta posted:

You've already got your answer, but worth noting given this weekend's game that 2019 Georgia/Kentucky had 52 combined passing yards, not a typo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

You've already got your answer, but worth noting given this weekend's game that 2019 Georgia/Kentucky had 52 combined passing yards, not a typo

Wasn’t it Kentucky for a few years that would have games of 2 passing yards but 300 rushing? I think there was even one where it was negative passing yards

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wasn’t it Kentucky for a few years that would have games of 2 passing yards but 300 rushing? I think there was even one where it was negative passing yards

Stoops’s teams have been putting up bizarre numbers like that, yes. Doubly bizarre for someone that grew up on the Hal Mumme years but wins don’t lie!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

Stoops’s teams have been putting up bizarre numbers like that, yes. Doubly bizarre for someone that grew up on the Hal Mumme years but wins don’t lie!

Not hating on it I love weird college poo poo like that, you’d never see that in the NFL

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think 2019 is when they were forced to start a wide receiver at QB so that’s why they just stopped passing.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://twitter.com/timshep_/status/1448332999804833809?s=21

OU fans rejoice!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Time to hope Caleb Williams doesn't suffer a Kenny Trill, KJ Costello correction.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think 2019 is when they were forced to start a wide receiver at QB so that’s why they just stopped passing.

lynn bowden jr. ruled as the ersatz qb

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
e: whoops

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

That was fast. Come to PSU

How many games would Ratler even play for his new team this year

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

That was fast. Come to PSU

How many games would Ratler even play for his new team this year

0, he'd have to wait till next year.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

yeah there’s no advantage for him doing this during the season, he’s just deep in his feelings rn

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hardship immediate transfer allowance to Arizona I say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1448330517208866820