Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
i like this poo poo and pee pee game very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i like this poo poo and pee pee game very much

the poopy baby game. the poo poo doo doo baby game

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
isaac, the baby that cries on turds and dies when the big doodoo rams him at 45mph in a basement

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

isaac, the baby that cries on turds and dies when the big doodoo rams him at 45mph in a basement

i do not like the giant doo doo boss he's a fucker

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
i do not like the corny giant doodoo boss that shoots little corny doodoos at you super fast without warning

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

IMJack posted:

i do not like the corny giant doodoo boss that shoots little corny doodoos at you super fast without warning

he's a motherfucker. the doo doo version of the gurglings are also motherfuckers and i usually reset if i get them on the first floor lol

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

all poops are bastards (APAB)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

This loving game....

Tainted Forgotten PSA: I was going on my first hard run as the character, trying to beat Mega Satan. My run is going extremely well and I'm at the point where I'm one-shotting most bosses. I hit The Chest and decide, well I haven't done ??? yet so may as well knock that out first. I two-shot him and the chest falls on the skeleton, ending the game.

Welp

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

PIZZA.BAT posted:

This loving game....

Tainted Forgotten PSA: I was going on my first hard run as the character, trying to beat Mega Satan. My run is going extremely well and I'm at the point where I'm one-shotting most bosses. I hit The Chest and decide, well I haven't done ??? yet so may as well knock that out first. I two-shot him and the chest falls on the skeleton, ending the game.

Welp

the same thing happened to me on greed mode. killed ultra greed and the chest dropped on me before i could donate all my pennies to the machine smh... but that's my fault for wanting to start a fresh save and unlock everything over again lol

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
So does Tainted Samson have some kind of downside I didn't notice or is it perfectly normal that my very first run with him got me completion marks for bossrush, hush, cathedral/chest, megasatan and delirum?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Mr Phillby posted:

So does Tainted Samson have some kind of downside I didn't notice or is it perfectly normal that my very first run with him got me completion marks for bossrush, hush, cathedral/chest, megasatan and delirum?

Berserk can be a downside if you don’t learn to account for it, but T.Samson is an incredibly strong character, yeah. My runs as him usually wind up with some crazy machine gun build which does not translate well to suddenly melee. But in general he’s just a nice break from some of the other tainted characters!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Tainted Samson's main downsides are either that he induces severe recklessness due to his playstyle. Or that your normal build is so strong that berserk mode becomes a downgrade whenever it kicks in.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Mr Phillby posted:

I think my first run had my knocking out quite a few marks, second run I died pretty quickly because I was way too cocky, and then every run after that was successful for whatever I set out for. He's probably the most OP character in the game if you play him correctly

Tainted Magdalene & Bethany are similarly super strong if you play them correctly

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I've been playing Tainted Lost all day today and yesterday and man this character is addicting. Being so fragile is more than compensated by how ridiculously strong your builds get in almost every run.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I've been playing Tainted Lost all day today and yesterday and man this character is addicting. Being so fragile is more than compensated by how ridiculously strong your builds get in almost every run.

It rules. It's maybe my favorite form of the game in this iteration.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZPqc5osPpU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Supposedly the console version of repentance should come out Nov 4th.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

any word on when they're going to finish the expansion for the rest of us?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Still in the works but seems to be a pretty fuckin low priority considering they did a few minor patches and then left it alone for six months.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

It kind of sucks that they've openly admitted that the expansion is incomplete and to hear radio silence on it after all this time

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

vinh has been talking about balance and bugfixes and stuff pretty regularly on the discord, he seems pretty burnt out tho

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
they better not nerf psy fly...

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

psy fly has been confirmed for getting nerfed by giving it a cooldown

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they better not nerf psy fly...

I have bad news for you

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

psy fly 10000% needed to be scaled back

just being able to stand in front of hush and not worry about anything happening was a bit much

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
They can have psy fly in exchange for a functional Tainted Lazarus.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there will be a dozen 'old psy fly' mods on the workshop within a few hours of the patch dropping, don't you worry

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

watho posted:

Boo

hiss

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

watho posted:

i'm going to give them a cooldown... with my fists

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Sockser posted:

psy fly 10000% needed to be scaled back

just being able to stand in front of hush and not worry about anything happening was a bit much

this is a fair criticism but it also owns that it shuts bosses down lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

To be fair Psy Fly isn't completely busted. I still managed to lose a Tainted Lost run when it was my first item last week.

god loving drat gurdy jr. :argh:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I've heard they delayed patches because they wanted to deploy them all with the console release of repentance. Basically get them all to current at once and deploying pc fixes would delay console even more supposedly.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PIZZA.BAT posted:

To be fair Psy Fly isn't completely busted. I still managed to lose a Tainted Lost run when it was my first item last week.

god loving drat gurdy jr. :argh:

I lost a few Tainted Lost/Keeper runs with Psy Fly. They're always the most soul-crushing losses because it's like "gently caress, I got lucky enough to get the most OP item in the game and still died"

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

They are way too busy designing at least two more card game expansions, several dozen plushies, an isaac hot air balloon, crocs shaped like edmund's face, and a bumbo sequel.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Instead of nerfing good items, buff bad ones imo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nyoro posted:

they can do both you know

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I hope they at least rework Glass Shard to not kill you.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It’s amazing how much of a gamechanger the extra heart of healing on most Health Up items is.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Nyoro posted:

do you want power creep? because this is how you get power creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Repentence was a huge nerf to good items and an even bigger buff to bad items (and it made the game better). Its not a foreign concept to anyone on the team.

Unfortunately we're somehow now in a spot where no patches have been released for six months yet the devs are apparently burned out (from console release I guess?).