Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Strong Sauce posted:

more stranger things cards

OK this I can see building a deck around, plus it actually looks pretty sick, unlike the more human-likeness focused cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

babypolis posted:

i dunno anything about commander but it seems to me that the friends forever mechanic basically forced them to be dogshit

That's not true at all.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

snyprmag posted:

Those artifact lands are very cool and I hope they come to arena at some point

Agreed. Awesome art, and I am not having to scour the entire card to figure what the hell my opponent is playing.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
im sure it was unintentional but someone in a chat i'm in pointed out that the Homecoming banner behind Will (who is queer?) spells out homo, so at least we know that nobody is actually looking at these before they go out

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

kalvanoo posted:

im sure it was unintentional but someone in a chat i'm in pointed out that the Homecoming banner behind Will (who is queer?) spells out homo, so at least we know that nobody is actually looking at these before they go out

A lot people probably finally discover their true selves at homecoming, so no harm done.

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 15, 2021

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

snyprmag posted:

Those artifact lands are very cool and I hope they come to arena at some point

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I want like 50 of those clue tokens

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's really annoying that the tales of the undead bundle is 30 bucks for 3 cards but it's still only marginally more expensive than buying a Gravecrawler on its own, so w/e

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

All these new arts and frames rule

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

I feel like the banner placement is not optimal

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

sit on my Facebook posted:

I feel like the banner placement is not optimal

Thats a fake edit. Here is the real one:
https://twitter.com/JimDavisStan/status/1448811399900139541?s=20

ChromiumCrush
Sep 6, 2010
I haven't seen Stranger Things but is that for real? Did WotC really do that? God drat they're dumb..

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Dissapointed the mind flayer doesn't have Friends Forever.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

ChromiumCrush posted:

I haven't seen Stranger Things but is that for real? Did WotC really do that? God drat they're dumb..

Absolutely dumb, it's probably a still from the show run through a computer program to make it look like a painting. Which means it could've been entirely automated except for the initial still choice.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Uh where is the Steve card tho?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

I mean the artist's name is right there on the card.

She does do pretty good work, or at least good enough work... these Stranger Things ones though I really don't like at all.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Strong Sauce posted:

I mean the artist's name is right there on the card.

She does do pretty good work, or at least good enough work... these Stranger Things ones though I really don't like at all.

I totally missed that, in that case that's just an unfortunate blunder I would imagine.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Grevlek posted:

Uh where is the Steve card tho?

steve holt!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
aren't the mirrodin artifact lands banned in like every format, why print something most people can't play

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Arivia posted:

aren't the mirrodin artifact lands banned in like every format, why print something most people can't play

They are only banned in modern

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Would cop the arrested development secret lair.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I was thinking about how this is trash garbage, and now I want a Pink Flamingos Secret Lair. The 50ths anniversary is coming up. Might as well embrace the debase-ing. (That sounded more clever in my head but my delete key is broken.)

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
still waiting for functionally unique wu tang cards

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I made that joke but completely forgot about The Egg Lady, which correlates to the mtg slang for 'eggs'. If she had an ability where when you draw a card when you sacrifice an artifact maybe you also gain three life? I would enjoy that. I'm not made of stone.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im down just to know what Eat poo poo does as a card

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also give that transwoman who scares off the park pervert husband a card

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

mandatory lesbian posted:

Also give that transwoman who scares off the park pervert husband a card

Do it D&D style and give cards abilities like "The filthiest" and "chicken fucker" and I'm 100% in on the John Waters collection. We only do 3 things in Maryland: Crab cakes, football, and filth!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Babs Command 3BG
Sorcery

Choose two

Kill everyone now - destroy all creaures
Condone first degree murder - exile target creature
Advocate cannibalism - gain 1 life for each creature that left battlefield this turn
Eat poo poo - return up to 2 target permanents from your graveyard to your hand

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ok, so Hopper, Will, and Max investigate, Lucas uses the clue tokens to deal damage and Goad, Mike reanimate Will, Eleven and Hopper when they die in combat, Eleven uses the investigate card draw and provide free spells for Max, Dustin give mana for clues, and Max untap Will, Dustin and Lucas for more uses?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/secret-lair-spoilers-stranger-things-october-superdrop

Link to bigger images of the cards and to see what they're worth normally.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

I love you, we could prob do a whole John Waters cube TBH. I will do a talking virgin Mary statue from pecker artifact and a kill spell "convicted of assholism" to start brb

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
edit-nvm

Been playing Mono W Bo1 in standard and it's just funny how hilariously fast that deck can go off. Probably going to try a run at the Bo1 open with it.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

TotalHell posted:

These rule though.

Someone please tell wotc we need these as posters.

Ok I'll tell them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
New secret lair accidentally revealed on Arena
https://twitter.com/coL_Amazonian/status/1449050103780716556?s=20
Looks like a charity fundraiser for kids.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Maybe a series of cards where kids illustrate something, then a professional artist does art based on the kid's?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Eight-Six posted:

Someone please tell wotc we need these as posters.

Ok I'll tell them.

I'm on da phone wit the CEO of wotc he's telling me fadam #monstermoviemarathonsld only been on secret lair for 1hour and u selling like crazy my staff is telling me the servers is about shut down I gave them the ok to add the most powerful servers to handle this so we can get these as posters

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Aranan posted:

Maybe a series of cards where kids illustrate something, then a professional artist does art based on the kid's?

https://twitter.com/coL_Amazonian/status/1449050816707506182?s=20
Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SLD haters in ruins. The whole project was vindicated.