Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I can't believe a fight in boxing manga hajime no ippo devolved into two idiots punching each other hard, what are the chances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The difference is that one them normally does not do this.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Well IMHO it good to see some boxing in the boxing manga.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Spoilers

*Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit*

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

There is only one surface known to man that can absorb these kinds of hits and umm im quite sure it isn't your face.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Neat, Ippo's dumb fighting style is spreading!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
by the way it's being written, i'd think this ends up being an explicit refusal of that approach lol. like imai has regressed as he's learned to lean into his strongest weapon, going for that round 1 KO. i wonder if that parallels anyone??

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Beating him with his own style to prove he's ready to move onto the world? That's what I was thinking. Doesn't make sense in the real world but a lot of this doesn't. Volg was forced to fight in a more flashy style and still got screwed. Glad he found success eventually. Ippo would have stood no chance against him if he fought more technically.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Jiro posted:

Spoilers

*Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit, Grit*

Was going to say, even for Japanese this is some impressive onomatopoeia...

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Everyone here has been punched in the head way too much to post apparently

Chapter 1356

Pretty sure we're gonna have a boxer die on their feet next issue just a total Apollo vs Drago finish

Jiro fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 11, 2021

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

What happens when an unstoppable idiot meets an immeasurable stupidity?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm glad Ippo is having a moment here. Now if he could just do a little introspection

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

They're bloody, brains are next.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chapter 1357

I really wanted to see Sendo fight Martinez. And I'm ready for Ippo to make a comeback as smart boxing man.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
It better not be loving miyata

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Lol it will totally be Miyata

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Martinez vs Kamogawa out of loving nowhere.

SchrodingersCat fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 14, 2021

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

its going to be a unification bout. i can't see any other possibility. i bet ricardo accidentally kills his opponent too, another anj homage and builds tension without having to actually kill sendo

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Not killing Sendo would be a problematic decision

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Killing one of the good characters would be a mistake imo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nobody's going to die in the ring.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's going to be in a hospital where Ippo cries over their bed and promises to win for them. All while his gf is giving him the death stare and tries to manipulate him from going back to boxing.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

sendo is very explicitly based on joe yabuki, who very famously died fighting the character that ricardo martinez is clearly copied from, so i dont think its wild to imagine there will be a death somewhere attached to this fight. i just think mori wont kill sendo and will use this inbetween opponent for that effect

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I honestly don't see the author killing a character, the one time we thought someone died after a fight we find out later he survived, but had to retire because of the accident.

Now getting hosed up so much they have to retire? Yeah I can see that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sendo, in his rage at losing, murders Aoki after Aoki makes a joke at his expense.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Who said anything about in the ring

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

Ytlaya posted:

Sendo, in his rage at losing, murders Aoki after Aoki makes a joke at his expense.

Aokimura commit seppudoku

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chapter 1358

They're bringing back the opponent from maybe the worst fight in the manga, and lmao if Hoshi just loving died

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh my lord the joke guesses came true.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Everything about wally sucks. Ricardo owns though. So I'm hoping wally gets his rear end beat.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Somehow even worse than Miyata fighting Ricardo.

C'mon Ricardo destroy him :getin:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Literally laughed out loud

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jesus christ are they really bringing back Wally lmao

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
ok this is pretty funny, hope hoshi is ok though

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm shocked, I honestly have no idea where this is going.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I can't believe no one else was able to capitalize on Wally's major weakness, being tapped in the same spot repeatedly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

KingShiro posted:

Literally laughed out loud

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Rubellavator posted:

I can't believe no one else was able to capitalize on Wally's major weakness, being tapped in the same spot repeatedly.

It's because they are unwilling or incapable to bait him by offering their head for punching and somehow outlasting him.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Ah, I see we're gonna kill Wally instead of Sendo. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Seems like I choose a pretty good moment to start reading this again huh. loving Wally again, it's like George is reading the comments about his manga online.