Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he would fire his entire warehouse full of wrestlers for a mere sniff of the big dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Renaissance Spam posted:

Didn't they just do this match?

In a 6 man tag on Smackdown 10/1, Extreme Rules, Smackdown 9/10, Smackdown 9/3, Smackdown 5/28.... they've had 9 matches non televised matches since September as well

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

explosivo posted:

wwe's going to accidentally try put on an entertaining show thanks to aew

This is why I wanted a wrestling war, WWE's idea of "sticking it" to the enemy and showing those idiots who don't know what they're doing how it's really done is to.... put on good matches.... that they coulda been doing for decades now... but they had to get HEEEEEEAT

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Problem is even if they start putting on 5* matches back to back in an attempt to own tony khan it's still going to have michael cole and pat mcafee screaming over it while the camera shakes around and zooms in and out and then after the match the losers poop their pants. That poo poo's so far gone that it can't be saved by finally letting there be good matches on wwe programming.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

LET'S GO.... ummm... Zelina maybe?

Aren't they both evil?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

explosivo posted:

Problem is even if they start putting on 5* matches back to back in an attempt to own tony khan it's still going to have michael cole and pat mcafee screaming over it while the camera shakes around and zooms in and out and then after the match the losers poop their pants. That poo poo's so far gone that it can't be saved by finally letting there be good matches on wwe programming.

What matches are left that haven't been drained of any excitement? Like you can do all the moves perfectly and have every story beat be executed perfectly but if I don't give a hoot about either worker it's meaningless.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
the uso rocking the half-assed Jheri curl needs a new stylist

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Fightful Select has learned that the WWE Tribute to The Troops match being filmed in front of the Ontario, California audience tonight will be Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roman Reigns. We'll work to find out more about how things are formatted for this year's event, as it has changed numerous times since its inception.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Renaissance Spam posted:

What matches are left that haven't been drained of any excitement? Like you can do all the moves perfectly and have every story beat be executed perfectly but if I don't give a hoot about either worker it's meaningless.

Most of them, all people do is rematch their feud partner for 4 month gaps. Alot more matches would open up if the cruiserweights weren't jobbers that get beat with a finishing move in 90 seconds and the 24/7 division wasn't a thing. DBry had to beg to get full length matches with Gulak that felt remotely serious.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Sonya Deville announced her return to the ring for this Friday's Smackdown, leading to many speculating if it would actually happen. Just ahead of the show, Fightful has learned of the plans as of this afternoon.

Sonya Deville is slated for her return match, but the plans call for a swerve on the actual show. Fightful has learned that as of this afternoon, it was to be turned into a handicap match, with Shayna Baszler being added to the fold. Baszler has been drafted to Smackdown, and we're not sure if Deville will actually physically take part in the match as teased

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol at WWE trying to book a ppv card to go against an episode of rampage

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Blaise330 posted:

WWE's idea of "sticking it" to the enemy and showing those idiots who don't know what they're doing how it's really done is to.... put on good matches.... that they coulda been doing for decades now...

Usos have been taking on the profits for decades

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Orange Carlisle posted:

Gotta respect the effort, if they try hard enough NXT Halloween Havoc might beat Rhodes To The Top in the ratings.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
WWE has at least a couple good matches per show. The problem is everything else

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Even Hell In A Cell 2019 had a strong start. It's just that the match quality abruptly fell off a cliff after the first 2 or 3 matches, before concluding with... that.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Orange Carlisle posted:

Hey, when you're on Friday night on FS1 you gotta pull out all the stops! Welcome to the big leagues, kid.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

rename this thread Stamford SuperMax News/Views

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So HHH is dead right?

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

coconono posted:

So HHH is dead right?

Effectively, yeah.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
wwe ended with the greatest wrestling match of all time when edge wrestled randy orton to win the uh

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

coconono posted:

So HHH is dead right?

decomposition for loser hunter

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

CapnAndy posted:

No, I'm serious, although I suppose there's a silent "at the money he'd demand" in there I should've typed out.

Because honestly now, if I made you King of Wrestling and gave you the exclusive contracts to literally anyone you want, and you sign him, where's Roman going? As the strong-but-silent member of a tag team or stable? Midcard, tops. He's a crap main eventer and for proof I submit the last four years of WWE product.

Roman and Charlotte both I want to stay in wwe forever. Could AEW or Japan make great use of them? Sure. I just don’t want to see it. There’s a large amount of guys out there that have haven’t been given unlimited chances and forever pushes that I’d love to see far more. Christopher Daniels, THE Indy guy who has gone for years getting one final chance for glory and recognition in a sport he loves? He’s old and every match both the audience and himself worry if his broken body can still go. That is drama and exciting. Ruby Soho, who was beloved backstage and still tossed out by the big corporation as she “didn’t have IT” going for the big time? You want to see her succeed and get invested in seeing her rise carrying that gold belt. Thunder Rosa or Sammy, both young and insanely talented, you want to see them try for the brass ring. Roman and Charlotte? They come in and demand a match against the champion. It would pop some but they have always been given all the gold they want. Neither are spectacular in the ring or the mic so either they win and it’s like “or course” or they lose and get another chance soon after. I know it would have zero emotional pull with me if not making me fast forward. I just don’t care. It’s like someone’s gave an award to Jeff Besos for being wealthy. I don’t hate Roman or Charlotte and I’m sure that 75% of that Roman digging on Punk was at least suggested by management but it does make me care less to hear about him. It’s like Ricochet. Before wwe I loved Ricochet, but seeing him in meaningless matches and telling me to just enjoy things makes me go “whatever - enjoy the paycheque.” If I never see him again I am okay with that. That’s the wwe touch really: filling me with apathy.

Renaissance Spam posted:

Yeah :smith:

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 16, 2021

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

cams posted:

really who cares what he said but i need to reiterate that roman reigns is a very bad wrestler. he is not good at doing wrestling matches.

I don't mind that he is bad at doing the fake punchy-kicky fighty stuff that many call wrestling.

He is bad at being entertaining. He is bad at being engaging. He is bad at being fun.

That is the greater crime for a Professional Wrestler.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Hunter in a coma I know I know it’s serious

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

decomposition for loser hunter

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

good things in current WWE:

- Big E has the belt and gets to do fun things with it at college football games
-

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1449042900793233411

quote:

There’s reportedly some of the same talk from WWE higher-ups that there was during the Monday Night Wars with WCW, of how this is unfair to WWE because they “have” to make money while they feel like the opposition doesn’t have to. They’ve downplayed Khan and AEW’s success based on the idea that he overspent to get into the pro wrestling game.

It was also noted that internally people are making comments to WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon about how “we beat Ted Turner and Ted Turner is smarter than Tony Khan,” and that those comments are prevalent within the company.

lol. Vince is getting bullied by another mean old billionaire.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

[man making record profits and raking in saudi blood money] these rich folks are being mean :(

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Man who (hired man who) hired Russo smarter than man who did not hire Russo.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
SmackDown and F4W Review

"I am going to scar your soul!" Edge talked for a long time
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/q90wvj/smackdown_spoiler_i_am_going_to_scar_your_soul/

Finish to King of the Ring Semi-Finals - Sami Zayn vs. Finn Balor
https://streamja.com/wkABa

Naomi vs Deville full match
https://streamable.com/3jszpt

Seth talked again for forever
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1449178266842116100?s=20

quote:

Rollins came out to respond to Edge's comments from earlier. The fans broke into a loud "Seth, you suck" chant. Rollins mocked Edge for convincing the fans that he could beat him at Crown Jewel.

Rollins noted he's not afraid to face Edge in Hell in a Cell, but hell already froze over. He bragged that Edge admitted to being wrong and that he's not Edge lite. Rollins screamed that he's not afraid to face Edge in Hell in a Cell. The fans broke into a "Harley Quinn" chant because of Rollins's incredible suit.

The fans broke into a loud "We want Edge" chant. Rollins noted he'd had more time in the Cell than Edge has. Rollins claimed he's the man he is today because of Hell in a Cell.

Rollins added that he's the visionary, revolutionary, and Seth freakin' Rollins.

Zelina vs Carmella full match
https://streamable.com/gsmz02

Corbin and Moss had Happy Time again
https://streamable.com/u6nu4m

quote:

They recapped last week's Happy Talk. Happy Corbin introduced his guest, Madcap Moss as the funniest person he knows. Moss told a bad joke, and the fans erupted in boos. Moss mocked Kevin Owens and started to tell a joke about the new SmackDown roster members. Corbin laughed at everything Moss said.

Finish to Smackdown Tag Team Title match - The Usos vs. The Street Profits
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/q92eyf/smackdown_spoilers_finish_to_smackdown_tag_team/

Finsih to Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/q92w7n/smackdown_spoilers_finish_to_becky_lynch_vs_sasha/

LumberBrock rules
https://streamja.com/d5zVp

Also annouced during the show
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1449191541696876547
Probably means Bianca wins and Sasha wins at CJ to get the titles to the right show. Cause Bianca gets the RAW title as her and Becky go to RAW and Sasha takes the title of Becky to fued with Charlotte

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 16, 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Boy howdy they're just hot shotting every title match they can possibly do like a week before the PPV aren't they

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

becky/sasha was great but just lol at the loving finish as usual. ending on a backstabber wtf

bartok
May 10, 2006

Drakkel posted:

Boy howdy they're just hot shotting every title match they can possibly do like a week before the PPV aren't they

they shook

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Drakkel posted:

strap in because they're going to keep doing this without changing any of the core format that makes WWE completely poo poo, then panic even more when hotshotting doesn't work

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol at Ted Turner being smarter about wrestling than Tony Khan

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
A hair whip is enough to distract Becky? Glad they let them go so long commercial free for that finish.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Astro7x posted:

A hair whip is enough to distract Becky? Glad they let them go so long commercial free for that finish.

I think it was supposed to get her hand as she was struggling against Sasha, but it was a little off. Just a little bit of a tarnish for that match, but otherwise it was really really good and worth watching. Becky and Sasha went hard and there wasn't much downtime during the match at all.

And it's so loving dumb that WWE doesn't let wrestlers do this every week, because they have the time and talent to let people go out and wrestle good matches but choose not to.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DLC Inc posted:

becky/sasha was great but just lol at the loving finish as usual. ending on a backstabber wtf

Julius Caesar ended with a backstabber

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Codependent Poster posted:

I think it was supposed to get her hand as she was struggling against Sasha, but it was a little off. Just a little bit of a tarnish for that match, but otherwise it was really really good and worth watching. Becky and Sasha went hard and there wasn't much downtime during the match at all.

And it's so loving dumb that WWE doesn't let wrestlers do this every week, because they have the time and talent to let people go out and wrestle good matches but choose not to.

Inject some 20 min Tozawa and Gulak and Metallik and Cedric matches into my veins. And let them wrestle guests from other companies. They can still win, just let it be competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol at Ted Turner being smarter about wrestling than Tony Khan

It's always weird to me how obsessed Vince is with Ted Turner being the ultimate final boss of wrestling company rivals that he heroically vanquished, when Turner was basically just the money man for the company. Does he really have no idea how little Ted probably had to do with WCW besides handing them blank checks?