Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Soonmot posted:

New trailer for GotG. I forgot this was out this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iJUuDNaCAs

A lot of the jokes from this game that I've witnessed so far have made me wince, but the delivery on "you're under arrest" "actually, can I call you back?" "wha-" got a good laugh out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

In-game trailer for Rockstead's Suicide Squad game. Well, in-engine at least since it's all cutscenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9vFB65-U_c

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Veotax posted:

In-game trailer for Rockstead's Suicide Squad game. Well, in-engine at least since it's all cutscenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9vFB65-U_c

Well I laughed at the Penguin bit at the end.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
It's... one step closer to gameplay? We're finally going to see some gameplay this year, right? At least it gave a better feel for the game than the first trailer did.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
why do they keep using king shark without getting the Harley Quinn VA

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

site posted:

why do they keep using king shark without getting the Harley Quinn VA

Because it's Samoa Joe this time.

Also not really feeling this one. Feels like a videogane adaption of Ayers SS film and also just a giant middlefinger to superman

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Because it's Samoa Joe this time.

Also not really feeling this one. Feels like a videogane adaption of Ayers SS film and also just a giant middlefinger to superman

This could not tonally feel less like Ayers' SS film. For example, this actually contains jokes.

Also how is it a middle finger to Superman???

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The thing is, anything starring Harley, Deadshot, and Boomer would probably feel like it's giving a middle finger to Superman just because that's probably what the three of them would do at any given time, if provided the opportunity (in order of least sincere about it to most sincere)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
looks like it takes place during injustice 2

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

site posted:

looks like it takes place during injustice 2

nah wonder woman is fighting the brainiac squad and harley is a villain so it's just another totally identical brainiac invasion of Earth

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It's apparently set in the Arkham-verse (and the Asylum itself looks like the one from AA).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I have negative anticipation for that Suicide Squad game. Especially with zero gameplay. It looks terrible.

Same with Gotham Knights.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Veotax posted:

It's apparently set in the Arkham-verse (and the Asylum itself looks like the one from AA).

There is not a single universe in which I can believe Arkhamverse Harley Quinn can kill a particularly large fly, let alone a superhero.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Blockhouse posted:

This could not tonally feel less like Ayers' SS film. For example, this actually contains jokes.

Also how is it a middle finger to Superman???

Basically, let's completely destroy metropolis without him doing anything, get him brain controlled, and yeah no hero can do poo poo, only conscripted villains.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

ImpAtom posted:

There is not a single universe in which I can believe Arkhamverse Harley Quinn can kill a particularly large fly, let alone a superhero.

I have a feeling no one from the JL is going to get killed in the game and it's largely going to be "find a way to incapacitate them since they're being mind controlled"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Medullah posted:

I have a feeling no one from the JL is going to get killed in the game and it's largely going to be "find a way to incapacitate them since they're being mind controlled"

Yeah, it's gonna be "Waller tells the Squad to kill the JLA, Harley/Deadshot et al decide gently caress that, that would mean we have to fight Brainiac, let's just free them".

Veotax
May 16, 2006

And a new Gotham Knights trailer. No gameplay, but we saw some a year (or two?) ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN5uNxcHG48

Very much not in the Arkhamverse, despite Batman being dead and stuff.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 16, 2021

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Gotham Knights looks like it got a retool maybe. Hard to say anything about Kill the JL since there's no game play footage other than it's probably some kind of game with co-op/multiplayer support

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is definitely kind of awkward to have two different four player Batman/DC co-op games out so close together.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Veotax posted:

And a new Gotham Knights trailer. No gameplay, but we saw some a year (or two?) ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN5uNxcHG48

Very much not in the Arkhamverse, despite Batman being dead and stuff.

Hope we get to see a new gameplay trailer, the story trailers look good to me but the gameplay they showed last time... oof. But it did sound like they were still working on it so maybe it's gotten better.

Still, compared to Suicide Squad we at least have some idea of how it'll feel.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Gotham Knights looks like it could be ok. I am not disappointed it's not Arkhamverse and Court of Owls is a neat story. Not really sure the gameplay gives me good vibes though.

I felt nothing looking at that Suicide Squad trailer. Didn't even chuckle at its jokes.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Am I the only one that really liked Arkham Origins asymmetrical MP?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

hiddenriverninja posted:

Am I the only one that really liked Arkham Origins asymmetrical MP?

I liked it too.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

MonsterEnvy posted:

I liked it too.

The pre-game display lighting up "YOU ARE BATMAN" gave me the warm fuzzies

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Basically, let's completely destroy metropolis without him doing anything, get him brain controlled, and yeah no hero can do poo poo, only conscripted villains.

Wonder Woman is fighting against him in the trailer.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Suicide Squad Kills About a Third of the Justice League doesn't have the same ring to it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JordanKai posted:

Suicide Squad Kills About a Third of the Justice League doesn't have the same ring to it.

They shoulda done Suicide Squad vs the Justice Lord's

Then you can kill 'em and nobody cares

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
e: wrong thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1451330211837054977?s=20

I could see that working.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You could pretty much put Travis in the costume and have it work

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GotG is a fairly darn fun game if you are okay with what amounts to Uncharted GotG edition

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

GotG is a fairly darn fun game if you are okay with what amounts to Uncharted GotG edition

How long is it and is there any replayability? I know you only play as Starlord but I don't know if there's like, an upgrade tree for the rest of the team or whatever. The surprisingly positive reviews have got me tempted since this winter season is pretty quiet for games that interest me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

How long is it and is there any replayability? I know you only play as Starlord but I don't know if there's like, an upgrade tree for the rest of the team or whatever. The surprisingly positive reviews have got me tempted since this winter season is pretty quiet for games that interest me.

Like 8-10 if you just burn through. You gain new moves for the whole team. There are different path splits but no huge changes I think.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

it's funny how the tone of every review is to the effect of "wait is this game actually good"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Blockhouse posted:

it's funny how the tone of every review is to the effect of "wait is this game actually good"

Apparently they're also finding the increasingly uncommon no-frills single player campaign refreshing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Apparently they're also finding the increasingly uncommon no-frills single player campaign refreshing.

Imagining game devs whispering to each other:

"Hey, what if we made a game... that you play... and finish... and that's it?"
"...holy poo poo, is that allowed?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Imagining game devs whispering to each other:

"Hey, what if we made a game... that you play... and finish... and that's it?"
"...holy poo poo, is that allowed?"

"It just ends? So it's a visual novel then?"
"No no it's an action game"
"...what the gently caress, you're talking crazy, man"

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I can't buy into the fact that Guardians of the Galaxy is a good game even while I'm listening to reviewers telling me it's good. I'm looking at the footage they're talking over and it looks so mind-numbing. Maybe the tactical element of making good use of your team's abilities is what pulls it all together and I guess that can't be conveyed through video.

But hey, I'm happy that the Deus Ex team got another win under the belt. And I'm glad fans are getting a game they can enjoy instead of something on the level of the Avengers game.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Chapter 2 sold me on the game narratively at least. Peter's daughter is really charming and while the mom's relationship with her and with him is pretty standard stuff, it's well executed.

The combat also feels like it's trying to simulate the idea of being the leader of a group like the Guardians, more than letting you be them all. Like if the Avengers game had been you being Cap the whole time, but also being able to tell Hulk or Iron Man to do cool poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So, Scarlet Nexus?