Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

What is the entire point of hiding your leak behind obscure rear end Rebus puzzles where you need prior knowledge of unrelated anime to even figure out?

I say both sources are bullshiting that they have "leaks", even if what they're proposing is actually plausable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it's funny and gets people talking about you for longer

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Has this screenshot from the Japanese version of Legends been discussed before? Rowlet has way too much HP, so is it possible stats have been reworked due to the new battle system?

I wouldn't worry too much about trying to figure out stats and stuff in early promotional footage. In nearly every prerelease build there have been some weird things that are either there for the devs or just stuff that gets changed. Iirc in the SuMo demo the stats of the mons in there were datamined and Pikipek had like 90 base attack or something, and an early trailer of ORAS showed Blaziken using I think Ice Punch. And then the leak for the Crown Tundra DLC having the movesets of everything implemented including giving Tapu Bulu Grassy Glide and Tapu Lele Expanding Force, as well as Bulu and Koko getting Play Rough, but none of that made it into the final release unfortunately.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait why is Rowlett associated with someone from Love Live?

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait why is Rowlett associated with someone from Love Live?

Her name means little bird and they have similar color palettes

Plasbad posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about trying to figure out stats and stuff in early promotional footage. In nearly every prerelease build there have been some weird things that are either there for the devs or just stuff that gets changed. Iirc in the SuMo demo the stats of the mons in there were datamined and Pikipek had like 90 base attack or something, and an early trailer of ORAS showed Blaziken using I think Ice Punch. And then the leak for the Crown Tundra DLC having the movesets of everything implemented including giving Tapu Bulu Grassy Glide and Tapu Lele Expanding Force, as well as Bulu and Koko getting Play Rough, but none of that made it into the final release unfortunately.

Oh, that makes sense.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 16, 2021

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Has this screenshot from the Japanese version of Legends been discussed before? Rowlet has way too much HP, so is it possible stats have been reworked due to the new battle system?

Yeah, there was a lot of drama about that in the last few days. Apparently, Chinese Riddler was upset that Centro took their leak, but also Centro supposedly misinterpreted the three images as being about three mons instead of one or something. Then someone claimed that almost everything Centro posted after taking the Riddler stuff was fake info fed to them to prove they're leak thieves.

Upset Riddler with their version of the starter evos leak:

What Centro misinterpreted with the Buff Arm and Baby Emoji is Kotori from Love Live. She is associated with Rowlet in fandom circles but there's no way Rowlet would become buff and muscle-y in later forms (and it's doubtful that Demona or the moon/moth has to do with Typhlosion and Samurott),so I think it would stand to reason that the images mean "bigger rowlet is kimono and moon/moth themed".

Thread on fake info:
https://twitter.com/Remellu/status/1448966889351356421

Also, Centro made a tweet with just Good bye in it last night after a "final leak" where they ape Chinese Riddler's leak style and still keep the three Riddler images separate in the collage. My guess is they're gone until the heat dies down. They didn't even unpin their pinned tweet that says Legends will get DLC which they now claim won't happen.

Centro's "Final Leak"

Sooo...enlighten me here which starter is supposed to be which anime girl image?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

galagazombie posted:

After that reveal that the music is actually lower tech than a handheld game from more than a decade ago,
by the way, to get a little more specific about that
https://twitter.com/Lewchube/status/1448379783755309066

e:
https://twitter.com/waffloesH/status/1448400517193887747

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Flopsy posted:

Sooo...enlighten me here which starter is supposed to be which anime girl image?

quote:

What Centro misinterpreted with the Buff Arm and Baby Emoji is Kotori from Love Live.

The buff one with the anime face is the name listed after "The buff arm".

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
:stonklol:

these games are going to be extremely half-assed, aren't they

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

actually didnt think they could do worse than the soundfont for swsh but

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

:stonklol:

these games are going to be extremely half-assed, aren't they

All the effort is going into legends. It's laughably obvious at this point.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flopsy posted:

All the effort is going into legends. It's laughably obvious at this point.

They're being made by 2 different studios specifically to avoid this

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

RatHat posted:

They're being made by 2 different studios specifically to avoid this

WELP guess we know who got the competent programmers!

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Flopsy posted:

WELP guess we know who got the competent programmers!

Neither?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Yeah, there was a lot of drama about that in the last few days. Apparently, Chinese Riddler was upset that Centro took their leak, but also Centro supposedly misinterpreted the three images as being about three mons instead of one or something. Then someone claimed that almost everything Centro posted after taking the Riddler stuff was fake info fed to them to prove they're leak thieves.

What Centro misinterpreted with the Buff Arm and Baby Emoji is Kotori from Love Live. She is associated with Rowlet in fandom circles but there's no way Rowlet would become buff and muscle-y in later forms (and it's doubtful that Demona or the moon/moth has to do with Typhlosion and Samurott),so I think it would stand to reason that the images mean "bigger rowlet is kimono and moon/moth themed".

Thread on fake info:

Also, Centro made a tweet with just Good bye in it last night after a "final leak" where they ape Chinese Riddler's leak style and still keep the three Riddler images separate in the collage. My guess is they're gone until the heat dies down. They didn't even unpin their pinned tweet that says Legends will get DLC which they now claim won't happen.

Centro's "Final Leak"

....Even with the explanation I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Which one of these is the new Cyndaquil evo? Are they the green haired guy from One Piece?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Thread on fake info:

Centro's "Final Leak"

Holy poo poo I did not realize there was a Pokemon version of Qanon. What the gently caress.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Even if that particular leak is only referring to Rowlet, it'd be a little weird if it has a new evo and the other two just get nothing, right? It's not like we're talking about Charizard here.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The music thing is kinda interesting. ILCA, the studio developing this, has always been a support studio. Home and some Domino's app seem to be the things they've mostly solo'd. Otherwise they're just helping with Yakuza, Dragon Quest, Nier, Ace Combat, etc. It's entirely possible they simply did not have someone for music?

"Well, this is Pokemon, it has a very defined soundtrack, surely GF has composers on contract that will handle this"

"What do you mean our first fully original OST has to be for Pokemon and we got a couple months???"

That's what would make sense in my head for someone to just grab the files from the original and drag them into a program that should at least make them higher quality files.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

....Even with the explanation I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Which one of these is the new Cyndaquil evo? Are they the green haired guy from One Piece?

Sorry, the collage is from Centro and largely believed to be bs they cooked up cause they got caught stealing. I only included it to show that they had doubled down on their likely incorrect interpretation of the Chinese Riddler images being separate and not a set. The Twitter thread goes into how Centro gets things wrong because they don’t understand the context of what they steal such as turning Kotori’s head into a baby head in their original emoji tweet. Lots of people on Twitter hyping themselves up over a Froslass form that almost certainly won’t happen because Centro treated Demona as a separate image.

Muscle Tracer posted:

Holy poo poo I did not realize there was a Pokemon version of Qanon. What the gently caress.

Hey now, Chinese Riddler has actually been correct in the past, giving them a 100% better record than Q.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Even if that particular leak is only referring to Rowlet, it'd be a little weird if it has a new evo and the other two just get nothing, right? It's not like we're talking about Charizard here.

I mean it could just be as simple as that’s the only one Chinese Riddler had seen at the time if you believe they’re not full of it. Rowlet definitely wouldn’t get something new alone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Imagine Cynthia's theme being given this treatment. :whitewater:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Don't forgot BDSP is getting a day one patch. It's possible they might fix the music with that?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Hey now, Chinese Riddler has actually been correct in the past, giving them a 100% better record than Q.

how could you possibly determine if something like that is "correct"?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Leaks are always true.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

The music thing is kinda interesting. ILCA, the studio developing this, has always been a support studio. Home and some Domino's app seem to be the things they've mostly solo'd. Otherwise they're just helping with Yakuza, Dragon Quest, Nier, Ace Combat, etc. It's entirely possible they simply did not have someone for music?

"Well, this is Pokemon, it has a very defined soundtrack, surely GF has composers on contract that will handle this"

"What do you mean our first fully original OST has to be for Pokemon and we got a couple months???"

That's what would make sense in my head for someone to just grab the files from the original and drag them into a program that should at least make them higher quality files.

...wait, hold on. It isn't this dominoes app, is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPuI4l0jK7s

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes i just said

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If nothing else, it at least won't be as bad as that Sonic rpg's soundtrack. There can't be a last minute flood that just happens to force TWO companies to not put in a real OST. :ohdear:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Leeks are always Farfetch'd.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Not gonna get too hyped until I see it with my own eyes but if Legends opens the forbidden door to alternate starter forms I'm genuinely going to flip my poo poo. I've had all these ideas about what looks starters could go with ever since megas came into the picture. I would personally love a golden pheasant Blaziken or a Marshtomp that goes in way harder with the axolotl aesthetic.

Imagine how glorious this would look as a fire type

https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/pictures/220000/velka/golden-pheasant-1494761727qGJ.jpg

https://cdn.download.ams.birds.cornell.edu/api/v1/asset/150563021/1800

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 18, 2021

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Vandar posted:

Don't forgot BDSP is getting a day one patch. It's possible they might fix the music with that?

I'm going to assume that Day One patch will just be fixing some debilitating bug and not much beyond that.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Flopsy posted:

Not gonna get too hyped until I see it with my own eyes but if Legends opens the forbidden door to alternate starter forms I'm genuinely going to flip my poo poo. I've had all these ideas about what looks starters could go with ever since megas came into the picture. I would personally love a golden pheasant Blaziken or a Marshtomp that goes in way harder with the axolotl aesthetic.

Imagine how glorious this would look as a fire type

https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/pictures/220000/velka/golden-pheasant-1494761727qGJ.jpg

https://cdn.download.ams.birds.cornell.edu/api/v1/asset/150563021/1800

Cool birb.

The Chikorita line is definitely in need of an update. Great designs, but tanky stats with neither the typing or movepool to support it. Grass/Fairy feels right, but might be too similar to its current look. I'd love to see starters getting the regional forms treatment other 'mon have gotten.

Once Gen 9 rolls around, we'll likely be at 1000 unique Pokémon, or close to it, and well over 1000 if you count forms. They're gonna have to rely on regional forms more and more often from a creativity standpoint. May as well rip off the starter bandaid with this spinoff game and see how people receive it. Though I doubt anyone is gonna mind.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Muscle Tracer posted:

how could you possibly determine if something like that is "correct"?

I mean, when more stuff gets officially revealed/the game comes out, people like the folks over at Bulbagarden go back over all the leaks to see what was right and wrong. Maybe it's all just coincidence or confirmation bias. I'm not gonna demand that you believe any of it. I just felt it was kinda weird to compare this relatively harmless stuff to QAnon. :shrug:

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?threads/rumours-fakes-leaks-discussion-thread.214874/

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

right i'm not saying its pizzagate poo poo. but it is literally the exact same format as "q drops" or whatever which makes it still pretty loving insane

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Muscle Tracer posted:

right i'm not saying its pizzagate poo poo. but it is literally the exact same format as "q drops" or whatever which makes it still pretty loving insane

Q people already believe they're part of some sort of hosed up evolving LARP. Why would a monster game with RPG elements be any different?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Cool birb.

The Chikorita line is definitely in need of an update. Great designs, but tanky stats with neither the typing or movepool to support it. Grass/Fairy feels right, but might be too similar to its current look. I'd love to see starters getting the regional forms treatment other 'mon have gotten.

Once Gen 9 rolls around, we'll likely be at 1000 unique Pokémon, or close to it, and well over 1000 if you count forms. They're gonna have to rely on regional forms more and more often from a creativity standpoint. May as well rip off the starter bandaid with this spinoff game and see how people receive it. Though I doubt anyone is gonna mind.

I've also thought about how in the future they're going to fall back on forms a lot more. But I agree literally no one is going mind. I for one welcome our regional variant overlords with open welcoming arms. If anything it's exciting to see some pokemon that were considered mediocre get a brand spanking new life as something different with fresh coat of paint.

And I agree the Chikorita line needs desperate assistance. Even Serperior got a bone thrown to it with contrary and leaf storm. Let the flowery dinosaur have it's day in the sun.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Remember Pokemon Colosseum? That seemed so big and cool at the time.

Couldn't have imagined that this is where we'd be a decade and a half later in terms of Pokemon games (in a depressingly lackluster way)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Box of Bunnies posted:

Couldn't have imagined that this is where we'd be a decade and a half later in terms of Pokemon games (in a depressingly lackluster way)

I think they're kind trying address this with the whole different teams handling different games but we'll see how that shakes out.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Box of Bunnies posted:

I'm the biggest of Pokémon stans but yeah, that is disappointing. I remember being blown away by Colosseum somewhat despite its limitations, and daydreaming at the time what it'd be like in the future :smith:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I don’t understand how one can say a regional form is an “upgrade” since despite sharing a dex number they are different Pokémon (no matter what gamefreak says). For instance Farfetch’d didn’t get buffed, it’s still there as useless as ever, it’s just now there’s a new Pokémon that looks kinda similar. Like if they introduce a regional Beedrill that won’t make me any more able to use Beedrill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

galagazombie posted:

I don’t understand how one can say a regional form is an “upgrade” since despite sharing a dex number they are different Pokémon (no matter what gamefreak says). For instance Farfetch’d didn’t get buffed, it’s still there as useless as ever, it’s just now there’s a new Pokémon that looks kinda similar. Like if they introduce a regional Beedrill that won’t make me any more able to use Beedrill.

.....That farfetched got an evolution though with a massive stat boost. Better example would be ninetales becoming the bane of dragons.