Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the heebie-gbs posted:

don't do it; the curved screen makes it just jarring to watch unless you sit right above the projector box.

I remember getting in line early to get those seats

I was a museum member decades ago and there a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
it was pretty cool watching stillsuits and poo poo and then having to put my mask on

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Since I finished Dune prep by reading Dune, I decided to speed-read through Dune Messiah - and I just noticed that Otheym catches something called a spitting disease from Tarahell.
Does this mean Otheym constantly offered respect to all offworlders?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

hyperactive salivary glands and a neurological component that compells spitting to transfer the virus

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He was spitting from the other end

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

bollig posted:

One of my friends brought a friend who hadn't read done and apparently was just bored out of his mind because he had no clue.

This film is going to baffle anyone who hasn't read the book.

Like... at least Blade Runner 2049, for how loving long it was, had a complete story. Also tits.

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:

The Bloop posted:

I remember getting in line early to get those seats

I was a museum member decades ago and there a lot

yeah unless the film is reverse-fisheyed into "omnimax" format, you have to sit dead center and stare straight ahead. definitely wait on a flat IMAX screen. i think there is one at the Loews on Tremont unless i'm misremembering. sorry boston goons it has been a while

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:

jeeves posted:

This film is going to baffle anyone who hasn't read the book.

Like... at least Blade Runner 2049, for how loving long it was, had a complete story. Also tits.

counterpoint: spoke to my Lithuanian friend who saw it last week while traveling, she had never read Dune or seen a previous version, has minimal interest in sci-fi, but absolutely loved it and her guesswork at filling in the blanks was basically correctly assuming the butlerian jihad, so maybe have some faith in people to like, watch a thing and get it? not criticizing you; i'm cynical as hell, but i also find that even a dim person who shuts up and watches a movie tip to tail will generally "get it"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the heebie-gbs posted:

yeah unless the film is reverse-fisheyed into "omnimax" format, you have to sit dead center and stare straight ahead. definitely wait on a flat IMAX screen. i think there is one at the Loews on Tremont unless i'm misremembering. sorry boston goons it has been a while

No I live in Florida now I just have nostalgia for the BMoS/Omni

I've got my tickets for Dolby

Best overall combination of seats/sound/screen

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Since I finished Dune prep by reading Dune, I decided to speed-read through Dune Messiah - and I just noticed that Otheym catches something called a spitting disease from Tarahell.
Does this mean Otheym constantly offered respect to all offworlders?

drat I don't remember any of those people let alone my mom's memories

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

wrt "haven't read the book" I kind of wonder if it'll help if you know its the first half rather than a complete story

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

wrt "haven't read the book" I kind of wonder if it'll help if you know its the first half rather than a complete story

Probably not during, I don't see how that would matter

I assume it ends with a marvel style post credits stinger

PAUL WILL RETURN

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
there are a lot of shitbrains who don't get the simplest of plots so there are youtube channels out there that have to "explain" even the most basic rear end films

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 18, 2021

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I loved the fact that Infinity War being a "part one" wasn't publicized, I went into it knowing nothing about the story (other than having watched previous MCU movies) and I thought the ending/cliffhanger was amazing. It left me really amped to see Endgame and find out how they unfuck everything. I could see a similar thing happening with people who aren't familiar with Dune.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Yeah but the release date for obvious conclusion to the surprise two parter was set in stone by Disney long before anyone saw Spider-Man turn to dust and was silly enough to think Marvel would kill off anyone permanently (lol besides ScarJo).

I mean, that poo poo was filmed together, like how LOTR was. WB hasn’t even announced a green light to the sequel, and is under no obligation to release streaming numbers to the public on whether or not it’s a hit online.

Knowing WB, they’ll just keep throwing money at Synder instead.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

jeeves posted:

Lol this is the opposite of what they're doing, they can't run away from snyder and the billions of dollars he made for them fast enough

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Hi I'm Jason Momoa and if you think you've seen a long movie trailer before, have I got something for you!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ventral EggSac posted:

drat I don't remember any of those people let alone my mom's memories
Otheym is the one of Muad'Dibs Fedaykin, and is the one who warns him of the Bene Tleilax plot - and also the one to (unwittingly?) give Paul the weapon of his destruction in the form of Bijaz.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I loved the fact that Infinity War being a "part one" wasn't publicized, I went into it knowing nothing about the story (other than having watched previous MCU movies) and I thought the ending/cliffhanger was amazing. It left me really amped to see Endgame and find out how they unfuck everything. I could see a similar thing happening with people who aren't familiar with Dune.
Not gonna lie, I was today years old when I learned that Infinity War wasn't just the final movie in a phase.
Then again, I never paid too much attention to the MCU, because there's just so loving much of it.

jeeves posted:

Yeah but the release date for obvious conclusion to the surprise two parter was set in stone by Disney long before anyone saw Spider-Man turn to dust and was silly enough to think Marvel would kill off anyone permanently (lol besides ScarJo).

I mean, that poo poo was filmed together, like how LOTR was. WB hasn’t even announced a green light to the sequel, and is under no obligation to release streaming numbers to the public on whether or not it’s a hit online.

I do wonder, though - I can't see Denis Villeneuve signing on only to do part 1, with absolutely no promises of part 2, for a movie that, by all accounts, he's been wanting to make since he started making movies, if not before.

As far as I know, the movie is also already profitable in terms of box-office - and it hasn't even come out in the US yet.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 18, 2021

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

covid particles are denser than air so simply hover over the seats with your anti-gravity belt.

Didnt know the head of the CDC was a Dune fan.

YoursTruly posted:

I'm going to the theater with poo poo in my thigh pads and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me.

Didn't know Harry Knowles was a Dune fan

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It says "Dune Part 1" on the title screen, it's hard to miss.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Not gonna lie, I was today years old when I learned that Infinity War wasn't just the final movie in a phase.
Then again, I never paid too much attention to the MCU, because there's just so loving much of it.

It's fair to not have seen MCU movies, but if you're aware of them I wonder what you thought "Infinity War: Endgame" was about when it came out after "Infinity War."

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Oct 18, 2021

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

pile of brown posted:

It's fair to not have seen MCU movies, but if you're aware of them I wonder what you thought "Infinity War: Endgame" was about when it came out after "Infinity War."
That's simple to answer, I've yet to watch it - or even hear about it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That's simple to answer, I've yet to watch it - or even hear about it.

What's it like living on Mars, with your head in a hole, and your fingers in your ears

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The Bloop posted:

What's it like living on Mars, with your head in a hole, and your fingers in your ears
Quite nice, actually.
It is a bit chilly though.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

pile of brown posted:

It's called Avengers: Endgame so probably not much

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

there are a lot of shitbrains who don't get the simplest of plots so there are youtube channels out there that have to "explain" even the most basic rear end films

I've only ever watched one of the videos of that type after I came home from watching Us (not because I didn't get it but it popped up on my front page) and it got stuff wrong about the plot lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

I've only ever watched one of the videos of that type after I came home from watching Us (not because I didn't get it but it popped up on my front page) and it got stuff wrong about the plot lol

I watched a bit of a couple after seeing Mother! but their ideas were dumber than mine.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lmao I dunno if this is real but Lol

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1450066930346430464

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
LOL

walking without rhythm is the new flossing

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Looks legit, and another lol

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1450006920782401539?s=20

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is that an error or are the satchel and fremkit actually identical models

also lol at that worm

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Where are the axlotl tanks

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Powindah scum

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

The Bloop posted:

Is that an error or are the satchel and fremkit actually identical models

also lol at that worm

The extrusions on the uppet portion are slightly different.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

During the Harkonnen attack I was thinking drat I want a new Dune game so bad but not like this...not like this...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I still have doubts it is real but if it shows up on the fortnite home page then lol

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

shai hulud is looking fly and good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The Bloop posted:

LOL

walking without rhythm is the new flossing

how can one idea be so badly misinterpreted

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009