Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Corky Romanovsky posted:

never heard of this clown yaron brook. the comments of his fans are something else

https://youtu.be/VbQ8wL-4HPc

Richard Wolf tells the same stories in every one of his debates and you can literally tell what he's going to say before he says it or maybe I've listened to to many Richard Wolf debates....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mcmagic posted:

Richard Wolf tells the same stories in every one of his debates and you can literally tell what he's going to say before he says it or maybe I've listened to to many Richard Wolf debates....

i like dick wolf but i stopped listening to economic update because it's largely almost always the same thing. i still sub to it because it's cheap and i like him, but at this point i've heard him say about the same thing a hundred times over.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

It takes a level persistence few have to be able to say literally the same thing everyday for years. I respect that Wolff can do it.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
I need content while chaperoning my dog's sniffing excursions, so I check in from time to time on Wolff's "debates", mainly to see if anyone has good counter arguments. Haven't heard any. The one with that dipshit Destiny had some good laughs. The one I posted earlier with Yaron Brook had some rapey vibes when Yaron claimed there is no democracy in personal relationships/sexual intercourse.

E: Yaron worried greatly about needing to maintain personal relationships at your co-op job so you could get a pay raise. Implying that isn't necessary under current capitalistic job structuring.

Corky Romanovsky has issued a correction as of 00:59 on Oct 18, 2021

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
the chapo guest host interview with the teamsters united candidate was good

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mods need to crack down on amber erasure

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Goa Tse-tung posted:

he literally starved his kid for hours lol

his kid didn’t eat for the length of time between lunch and dinner. he came off looking very obnoxious and annoying but not eating for 6 hours is not an issue

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

HannibalBarca posted:

no, they were talking about the 70s economic malaise. keyenesianism didn't really have any influence over American policymaking before the great depression anyway.

Xaris posted:

nah and that's incorrect as mentioned. the bretton woods period started around ww2 and ended around the late 70s -- which you could call keynesian.

if you want a quick video on us and worldly economic development of the 20th century, Mark Blyth's video is pretty good. he unfortunately has a bit of a terminal NPR liberal brain though but i still enjoy him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJoe_daP0DE

thanks guys, i think i'm conflating two different things/podcast eps.

edit: i watched the vid, it was pretty good. lol at some of those questions and lol at some of the responses tho. had to stop when his response to a question about hardcore climate change deniers involved a critical event (miami running out of drinking water) causing forcing a mea culpa out of oil companies. truly hilarious poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJoe_daP0DE&t=3549s

crepeface has issued a correction as of 05:51 on Oct 18, 2021

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

who?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Amber is the drag name of one of the trillbilly guys, don't let the thread lie to you.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

hobbesmaster posted:

Especially cause there are 2 Ambers in the chapo extended universe now...

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lol turns out all those "matt got divorced!!!" lunatic posts were actually right

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doctor Jeep posted:

lol turns out all those "matt got divorced!!!" lunatic posts were actually right

it really is funny that there was absolutely no info, massive baseless speculation for eighteen months, then he moves to LA to be with a comedian. crazy

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

i say swears online posted:

it really is funny that there was absolutely no info, massive baseless speculation for eighteen months, then he moves to LA to be with a comedian. crazy
lmao really

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
it is weird everyone suddenly moved to LA the past year, except liz who moved to nyc

silver lake is gunna be the new brooklyn version

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
better weather, at least our heatwaves aren't humid as gently caress

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
even a random youtubber like todd in the shadows moved to LA, it's megacity one

Xaris posted:

nah and that's incorrect as mentioned. the bretton woods period started around ww2 and ended around the late 70s -- which you could call keynesian.

if you want a quick video on us and worldly economic development of the 20th century, Mark Blyth's video is pretty good. he unfortunately has a bit of a terminal NPR liberal brain though but i still enjoy him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJoe_daP0DE

he really should have dropped the computer analogy 5 mins into the presentation

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 11:32 on Oct 18, 2021

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
redscare reddit already found and posted matt's divorce filing lol

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

That's a bit saddening to be honest, I thought they'd be well, but would be more private about it.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Oct 18, 2021

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Any hot deets on Matt's two-car garage?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Xaris posted:

i like dick wolf but i stopped listening to economic update because it's largely almost always the same thing. i still sub to it because it's cheap and i like him, but at this point i've heard him say about the same thing a hundred times over.

Exactly this. I love Doctor Dick Wolf and will always be thankful for him giving a dummy like me some very listenable breakdowns of the economic side of marxism, capitalism etc, but there's no reason to keep listening to him these days because he's like like 80 and tells the same stories over and over again, very slowly.

The Chapo episode he went one remains a favourite of mine.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

papa horny michael posted:

the ron and fez episode of shocktober is just okay. feels like bryan threw it together last minute. isn't helped by the other guy accidentally on an edible, and Felix a no-show.

Very high guy was very funny to me trying to just podcast through it while sounding like the entire thing was a waking dream or something.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Matt is the best chapo.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

selec posted:

literally hours.

Don't you remember that girl's distended belly and visible ribs at the end of those literal hours?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Xaris posted:

it is weird everyone suddenly moved to LA the past year, except liz who moved to nyc

LA is pretty cool when you're rich.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
felix moved to la?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Xaris posted:

lol

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Brian from SF does very good pop culture related podcasts in their bonus feed, way better than most of the people in the Chapo orbit that have pop culture specific podcasts.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

TheMightyBoops posted:

Brian from SF does very good pop culture related podcasts in their bonus feed, way better than most of the people in the Chapo orbit that have pop culture specific podcasts.

It is because Brian is a normal person who hasn't crawled up his own rear end.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Her Dryer posted:

Exactly this. I love Doctor Dick Wolf and will always be thankful for him giving a dummy like me some very listenable breakdowns of the economic side of marxism, capitalism etc, but there's no reason to keep listening to him these days because he's like like 80 and tells the same stories over and over again, very slowly.

The Chapo episode he went one remains a favourite of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ef-1xFV5c

love this bit

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Judakel posted:

felix moved to la?

He tried but hosed it up and now he lives in Baton Rouge

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Oh man, I can not begin to imagine the kinds of tangents Felix would go on after living in Louisiana for six months. Swampboat feuds, how gators are smarter than people think, gumbo nerds...

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

sum gud crawfiss roun' here byah

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I'm from there and i'm sure he would love it - he'd get to stalk rod dreher and slowly convert to catholicism and become a college football guy

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

Oh man, I can not begin to imagine the kinds of tangents Felix would go on after living in Louisiana for six months. Swampboat feuds, how gators are smarter than people think, gumbo nerds...

haha ya totally

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Matt is the best chapo.

huh name is familiar but I don't remember where from

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
another stav doppelganger, like bari weiss

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

crepeface posted:

huh name is familiar but I don't remember where from
They were a chapo reply person, who got rejected and wrote an insane 20 page medium post about how chapo was turning people fascist.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
also before they transitioned they used to try to claim the moral highground by posting about MY GIRLFRIEND, WHO IS BLACK BTW while attempting to talk down to the fiendish bernard brotherhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
they're a sex fiend iirc