Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Welp, just one more week until we can finally stop complaining about the price and play N64 games on the Switch :toot:

I might complain about N64 controller stock once or twice until I get one!

You know, I really liked the N64 controller. I like the button coloring and placement, that neat little slightly-recessed red start button, those nice spree-looking blue and green buttons, the little chonky yellow C buttons. The middle prong with the stick and trigger that eventually became the basis for the Nunchuck design. The left prong, which was included exclusively and solely for the best game on the system, Mischief Makers. The bottom port that can give you access to things like rumble, saving your game, transporting your poke-prisoners into the gladiatorial arena that is Pokemon Stadium, and probably more that I'm forgetting though it doesn't matter as the NSO version doesn't have a working port. I fondly remember first using one to play Mario 64 over at a friends house shortly before getting one for Christmas. The rest is a blur, except for Mischief Makers and Quest64. Goddamn, I really hated Quest64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I'm pretty excited for Star Fox 64 and Yoshi's Story. I'm also hyped to try WinBack and Sin and Punishment, I never played them. I'm looking forward to Kirby 64 and Paper Mario.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Dream List for Nintendo 64 games:

Harvest Moon 64
Pokemon Stadium 1 and/or 2
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Party
Ogre Battle 64
Chameleon Twist
Bomberman 64

I would love Shadows of the Empire and Turok but I think they have had relatively recent re-releases.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Yeah, wake me up when Diddy Kong Racing comes out

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

OH gently caress AND MYSTICAL NINJA!

I would've added it to my above post but work won't let me edit posts for some reason ahhhh!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It will never happen but Rogue Squadron is incredibly good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

It will never happen but Rogue Squadron is incredibly good.

that just reminds me that the Super Star Wars games will never come out on Switch SNES

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Zurtilik posted:

OH gently caress AND MYSTICAL NINJA!

I would've added it to my above post but work won't let me edit posts for some reason ahhhh!!!

It's a feature; the more birds that bless this page the better.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

As much as I love the 16-bit era of games I'm way more hyped to go GBA/N64 and on. I feel like SNES/Genesis had a lot of over simple gimmick games without a lot of meat. 97% of the games I love before the 3D era are either adventure or RPG and adventure pretty much doesn't exist on Genesis/SNES.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Zurtilik posted:

Dream List for Nintendo 64 games:

Harvest Moon 64
Pokemon Stadium 1 and/or 2
Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Party
Ogre Battle 64
Chameleon Twist
Bomberman 64

I would love Shadows of the Empire and Turok but I think they have had relatively recent re-releases.

OoT
Majora Mask
Banjo Kazooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Bomberman 64
Blast Corps
Shadow Man

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Judging by the SNES releases so far though I worry things like Harvest Moon 64, Bomberman 64 and Mystical Ninja won't be available or their previous entries would've probably popped up. Who can say for sure though, maybe this extra money will be used to grease some palms.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

OoT
Majora Mask
Banjo Kazooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Bomberman 64
Blast Corps
Shadow Man

I really like Blast Corps and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie but I have a Series S and so I've played them a bunch already so I'm very glad for you all to play them too, but I don't care personally about them on the Switch.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Bust Rodd posted:

What steps do I need to take to get all my saved data etc from my switch? I’m trading in my current model for an OLED and I wanna make sure the transition is as smooth as Nintendo will allow. I have Nintendo Online but don’t know what to do

As long as you have cloud saves on it should upload everything but AC and Pokemon saves automatically. The safest way is to do system transfer in the settings on your old console and once that's ready you login to your account on the new system and choose it as the target system for your transfer. Once everything is done you can factory reset the old one and trade it in.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I'm about 90% through dread and turns out it ain't half bad

In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's fricken awesome

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Dread..... ftw.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I have time to play video games for maybe an hour an evening. The pacing in Dread is incredible. In that hour I can carve out a sizable chunk of the map, die to an E.M.M.I. a handful of times, and get 2 fun powerups. Even if I only play for 30 minutes I always feel like I have made solid progress.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ragequit posted:

I have time to play video games for maybe an hour an evening. The pacing in Dread is incredible. In that hour I can carve out a sizable chunk of the map, die to an E.M.M.I. a handful of times, and get 2 fun powerups. Even if I only play for 30 minutes I always feel like I have made solid progress.

Dread might be a 10-15 hour game, but its a very rich 10-15 hours.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that just reminds me that the Super Star Wars games will never come out on Switch SNES

You never know. They got Racer rereleased on everything.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Dread might be a 10-15 hour game, but its a very rich 10-15 hours.

I can replay the first few hours of Super repeatedly, those games are just so fun to mess around in

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

Judging by the SNES releases so far though I worry things like Harvest Moon 64, Bomberman 64 and Mystical Ninja won't be available or their previous entries would've probably popped up. Who can say for sure though, maybe this extra money will be used to grease some palms.

we got harvest moon snes, 64, bomberman 64, and hero all on the wii and/or wii u, but bomberman 64 2 has never gotten a rerelease. it's not fair!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

we got harvest moon snes, 64, bomberman 64, and hero all on the wii and/or wii u, but bomberman 64 2 has never gotten a rerelease. it's not fair!!

Bomberman 64 2 is really good too, it deserves freedom

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Zurtilik posted:

I think we'll get Harvest Moon 64 eventually considering Natsume's actually supporting the service (they even put Wild Guns on it despite having a remake on the eShop). I wouldn't hold my breath for the latter two though because Konami

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I actually really want them to put weird third party titles no one could care about like Iggy's Wrecking Ball, Tonic Trouble, Rat Attack, Daikatana, etc.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

GIVE US AMERICANS SIM CITY 64!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Zurtilik posted:

GIVE US AMERICANS SIM CITY 64!

GIVE US SIM CITY SNES FOR FUCKS SAKE

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nintendo give us Mischief Makers!!!!!

I like the expansion pass because now my wife and I don’t have to each buy the Animal Crossing DLC, which means it’s a great deal for us! If they add in more DLC packs for major Nintendo games in the future, that’s even better!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wonder how fast they will ship those controllers out.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

One of the Turoks devs is in here right? You guys should add N64 controller compatibility to the 1 and 2 remasters.

Do this work for me and do it for free!!!!!!!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Willo567 posted:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Willo567 posted:

I think we'll get Harvest Moon 64 eventually considering Natsume's actually supporting the service (they even put Wild Guns on it despite having a remake on the eShop). I wouldn't hold my breath for the latter two though because Konami

They're putting Castlevania Bloodlines on it even though Konami already sells it in their own collection so I think there's a decent chance we'll get some Konami games.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Willo567 posted:

But we aleady have the superior SimAnt!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I wonder if Mario Party Superstars will keep them from adding any Mario Party titles to NSO for a while.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

The Postman posted:

I wonder if Mario Party Superstars will keep them from adding any Mario Party titles to NSO for a while.

They probably don't want to deal with people bitching about the n64 joysticks turning to dust so wouldn't touch those mario parties with a lovely stick

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the n64 mario parties are highly dangerous to play without the official nintendo fingerless gloves

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the n64 mario parties are highly dangerous to play without the official nintendo fingerless gloves

Only the first one

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
My take on the NSO stuff is I already have a Genesis with an everdrive and I already have a wii that plays n64 games and I absolutely refuse to make any friends so online play is right out.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
ok

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is Super or Superstars the better Mario Party? Wait and see?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

cum jabbar posted:

superstars has the games from my favorite mario party so thats the better one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

cum jabbar posted:

I guess wait and see? Superstars is going to be a compilation of old maps and mini games. Super is its own entry.