Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I can't ever imagine having the spare cash to be able to do a front row seat thing. I have a friend whose family bought me a front row ticket to PPV once (I think MitB 2009 or something) but I got in a very minor car accident on the way, that, completely totaled my rental, so it wasn't meant to be (I did get a cool CM Punk chair that I still have that has him with long hair and like a billion people with Xs on their hands in back of him).

I should've bought tickets to the Suns in 2017 when they were at their lowest and there were front row tickets going for ~250 just to say I have had the experience of front row match to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Excited to hear Vince is a communist

I regret to inform you that Vince is a Trot.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Can't wait for the inc-est angle.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Kennel posted:

Can't wait for the inc-est angle.

Vincest

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

To celebrate the memory of the Cerebral Assassin, what are some of your favorite HHH moments?

Mine is when he was clearly demoted, title change and all, in 2020 and WWE stans were insistent that it was fake news and impossible for him to be demoted because he was doing such a good job with NXT

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

I regret to inform you that Vince is a Trot.

So Vince desires a permanent global revolution of the proletariat in areas both economic and social? I can’t even see Vince as a Maoist or a follower of Stalin, despite the love of rewriting history. Really the only guys I see Vince liking from those days are Mussolini or that second rate Austrian copycat. Don’t really see Vince having any kind of overriding true ethos other than creating a cult of personality for his own personal gratification.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a favorite HHH moment is one we never got to see but i get to imagine where he goes, "uhhhh wuh? yer-uhh gonna take nxt-uh ohhh! ohhh! *clutchin chest* harts doin a screwjob"

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My favorite is that lovely little troll scream he did.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Confirming Chris Benoit could be carried to a good match

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

RIP in peace triple the game h paul jean ryzin. You fooled people into thinking you were a decent wrestler then fooled people into thinking you were a decent booker. Wrestling would have been almost exactly the same without you.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
HHH's last match may end up being one where in the build he broke kayfabe to make it seem cooler, at the expense of every other match on the card.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I do not want HHH to die, I want to see him Wrestle once more.

I have a feeling Vince won’t let him anymore and if they do a retirement match they’ll just give it to Roman because only he can get anything in WWE but it’d be cool to see him go out losing to Big E or AJ or Dunne

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

That DICK! posted:

a favorite HHH moment is one we never got to see but i get to imagine where he goes, "uhhhh wuh? yer-uhh gonna take nxt-uh ohhh! ohhh! *clutchin chest* harts doin a screwjob"

This is my favorite too, and never hearing from him again

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lid posted:

We all know this would still be a four star match.

And WWE stans would still be harassing Meltzer for not giving it 5 stars

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Eat My Fuc posted:

I do not want HHH to die, I want to see him Wrestle once more.

I have a feeling Vince won’t let him anymore and if they do a retirement match they’ll just give it to Roman because only he can get anything in WWE but it’d be cool to see him go out losing to Big E or AJ or Dunne

Nah feed him to Roman. Make him the voice of the Attitude Era, the voice for the forgotten. Make him Punk but for the Boomers who miss the way it used to be and Roman is the symbol of everything wrong with WWE. Trips tried to change it with NXT but now he realizes what needs to happen is Reigns needs to be toppled. So he's gonna be the guy to do it.

Then just squash him in 2 minutes and leave him a broken piece of meat on the mat, his legacy, his character and his ambition destroyed by the Big Dog who will make Trips' reign of terror look like an insignificant blip in the annals of wrestling history.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DogsInSpace! posted:

So Vince desires a permanent global revolution of the proletariat in areas both economic and social?

No, he's just a big fan of cults that seem to exist solely to cover up the sex crimes of its senior members.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Justin_Brett posted:

HHH's last match may end up being one where in the build he broke kayfabe to make it seem cooler, at the expense of every other match on the card.

What match was this?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
“This is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque!”

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Astro7x posted:

WWEs ticket prices are insane. They think that they can milk people for every penny because they have not had shows in so long.

One ticket to a Chicago Raw in August 2021 in the lower deck facing the hard cam was $285 w/ taxes

I got combo tickets to All Out/Dynamite/Rampage for three shows in Chicago for slightly less than that with feesfor a better seat that was more center with the ring in the lower bowl and a few rows closer.

I got an even better seat to Dynamite on Thanksgiving Eve for a little over $100 with fees that will be on camera all night.

NXT shows were significant cheaper for Takeovers, but still more expensive than my All Out ticket for the same type of seat

I live in a C market and it was 900 dollars for two seats on the barricade. For a house show.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Justin_Brett posted:

drat, Triple H broke kayfabe in the build to Shinsuke Nakamura & Triple H vs Robert Roode & Samoa Joe on a random house show in Japan?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What match was this?

Batista

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Triple H will forever be connected to NXT so it's only fitting his retirement match is against one of their biggest stars which is why it'll be Triple H vs. Joe Gacy

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The WrestleMania match? I never saw it, only a clip of Triple H pulling out Batista's piercings with pliers. What else happened?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Triple H will get a final victory in an inter gender match against Stephanie McMahon. In return, Stephanie will get the house and sole custody of the kids.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The WrestleMania match? I never saw it, only a clip of Triple H pulling out Batista's piercings with pliers. What else happened?

Oh, in the build Haitch did a moment where he basically fake shooted on him, by more or less going "this isn't Triple H talking to Batista, this is Paul Levesque talking to Dave Bautista, and in our match I'm going to REALLY fight you!" Like, all the other matches aren't real, but ours super is!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Crown Jewel is Thursday

Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar for Universal Championship
Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair vs. Sasha Banks for SmackDown Championship
RK-Bro vs. AJ Styles and Omos for RAW tag team Championship
Big E vs. Drew McIntyre for WWE Championship
Goldberg vs. Bobby Lashley in a No Holds Barred match
Finn Bálor vs. Xavier Woods or Jinder Mahal for KOTR
Zelina Vega vs. Doudrop or Shayna Baszler for Queen's Crown
Edge for Seth in Hellin a Cell
Mansoor vs Ali

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Looks like a good card but I have no interest in watching. I will laugh at some stupid booking decisions though.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Justin_Brett posted:

Oh, in the build Haitch did a moment where he basically fake shooted on him, by more or less going "this isn't Triple H talking to Batista, this is Paul Levesque talking to Dave Bautista, and in our match I'm going to REALLY fight you!" Like, all the other matches aren't real, but ours super is!

And when everything was said and done, it ended up just being your standard HHH match where it would have been much better if you just cut it down by 25%.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Honestly, the reason there's been no update on HHH is probably because they want to milk his return to TV in an attempt to pop the ratings.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Renaissance Spam posted:

Nah feed him to Roman. Make him the voice of the Attitude Era, the voice for the forgotten. Make him Punk but for the Boomers who miss the way it used to be and Roman is the symbol of everything wrong with WWE. Trips tried to change it with NXT but now he realizes what needs to happen is Reigns needs to be toppled. So he's gonna be the guy to do it.

Then just squash him in 2 minutes and leave him a broken piece of meat on the mat, his legacy, his character and his ambition destroyed by the Big Dog who will make Trips' reign of terror look like an insignificant blip in the annals of wrestling history.

The squash should just be a replay of the Warrior squash. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

An entire 25 year reign of nothing ending.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Imagine flying like 20 hours to wrestle jet lagged as gently caress and then have to immediately fly back to travel again.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Davros1 posted:

Honestly, the reason there's been no update on HHH is probably because they want to milk his return to TV in an attempt to pop the ratings.

Wouldn't this entail showing HHH in a prone position, ie acknowledging he almost died of a heart attack in his early 50s?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you, everything is terrible.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Wouldn't this entail showing HHH in a prone position, ie acknowledging he almost died of a heart attack in his early 50s?

No; you just have to say that's what happen, and then he comes out somehow looking more jacked than ever.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Davros1 posted:

I want schiavone to do the “butts in seats” but for that

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Ad by Khad posted:

maybe she is good enough to make the nickname work, I don't know, I'm not familiar with her

but I don't agree for one moment that that would be a fine nickname for just anybody in wwe

Good thing they gave it to the bodybuilding former track&field star who slaughtered everyone in her performance center class in athletic trials who also has solid in-ring skills instead of anybody.

Digital Jedi posted:

Crown Jewel is Thursday

excuse me?

I know I should remember cause of the roster plane hostage situation leading to Bryan vs Cole 2 years ago but drat that still caught me off guard.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

If something does end up going wrong on Thursday/Friday, will Smackdown be surprisingly good or extremely dire?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Coaaab posted:

I want schiavone to do the “butts in seats” but for that

"Fans, don't even think about changing the channel, because we've learned that at our competition, Paul Levesque, who used to wrestle here as Terra Ryzing, is going to return to the ring, poo poo his pants, and have a heart attack!
Heh, talk about putting butts in the seats."

bartok
May 10, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

To celebrate the memory of the Cerebral Assassin, what are some of your favorite HHH moments?

Mine is when he was clearly demoted, title change and all, in 2020 and WWE stans were insistent that it was fake news and impossible for him to be demoted because he was doing such a good job with NXT

I liked how he very clearly kept trying to retire multiple times but the audience kept making GBS threads on it with chants like "you tapped out" or the classic "na na na na hey hey hey good bye"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Majinfoose posted:

"Fans, don't even think about changing the channel, because we've learned that at our competition, Paul Levesque, who used to wrestle here as Terra Ryzing, is going to return to the ring, poo poo his pants, and have a heart attack!
Heh, talk about putting butts in the seats."