Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Could I get an invite for Egynn Arlyn, please? The adventure packs are piquing my interest, maybe this time I'll get past level 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Lorem ipsum posted:

e: Also! If you are really looking forward to ravenloft, you might consider running to each quest via the wilderness the first time you do it instead of taking the teleporter. The ravenloft wilderness is pretty cool

There's a teleporter that can take you to your quests?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

30.5 Days posted:

In the ravenloft taverns, yea

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
If someone wants to group content some of the early level stuff, holler at me Dolvare Daim. Im level 5.

Im still enjoying the content, but xp is already kind of slow at 5 and i gotta keep it fun. Group content will do that. Im pretty sure im doing something not optimal but for the moment i dont really care as it seems theres alot to experience content-wise and im enjoying the way the game plays out, like zones with lots of "doors" that lead to "modules". But pre-emptively, id like to start on the group stuff.

What is the usual way to join group content? Like i notice theres a LFG party thing where if i click off "Turn off groups that dont want you" and it ends up empty (lol).

Id like to have both these down: Soloing when im tired/not at my prime and dont wanna be a dead weight and easily joinable group content (if thats a thing) for when im more on the ball and feel like grouping. I saw a marketplace section that looked pretty busy and told myself maybe thats how you do it, know the popular quests and hang at the door to grab invites?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Aster0ids posted:

If someone wants to group content some of the early level stuff, holler at me Dolvare Daim. Im level 5.

Im still enjoying the content, but xp is already kind of slow at 5 and i gotta keep it fun. Group content will do that. Im pretty sure im doing something not optimal but for the moment i dont really care as it seems theres alot to experience content-wise and im enjoying the way the game plays out, like zones with lots of "doors" that lead to "modules". But pre-emptively, id like to start on the group stuff.

What is the usual way to join group content? Like i notice theres a LFG party thing where if i click off "Turn off groups that dont want you" and it ends up empty (lol).

Id like to have both these down: Soloing when im tired/not at my prime and dont wanna be a dead weight and easily joinable group content (if thats a thing) for when im more on the ball and feel like grouping. I saw a marketplace section that looked pretty busy and told myself maybe thats how you do it, know the popular quests and hang at the door to grab invites?

Its more that a lot of people don't like making groups and prefer joining groups. The easiest way to start doing groups is to click the "public group" option when entering a quest and that will automatically post a LFM party. If I don't really know a quest, I just tell people that when they join and most people are chill. You don't need to be at the quest door to join a lfm, you just double click it from the menu and it joins you to the group and then you run to the quest.

Also, i'd play with you, i'm leveling a second account now.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

Look for anyone with a green celtic symbol looking thing above their head. Newer packs especially have a dude that can teleport you directly to quests. iirc you have to pay shards to go to ones you haven't done yet and plat for ones you have

Speaking of second accounts, I made one with the cupons and deals for a door opener and any other random crap I want to do with a second dude. Can you powerlevel in this game? I need to grind out the favor for those expansions

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 19, 2021

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

Look for anyone with a green celtic symbol looking thing above their head. Newer packs especially have a dude that can teleport you directly to quests. iirc you have to pay shards to go to ones you haven't done yet and plat for ones you have

Speaking of second accounts, I made one with the cupons and deals for a door opener and any other random crap I want to do with a second dude. Can you powerlevel in this game? I need to grind out the favor for those expansions

It will take you somewhere around 3 hours to unlock everything with favor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N-xf8IF0uw

I'd suggest using your VIP account to let you open quests on elite or join a group. This will could let you do this in a third of the time.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

How populated is the Argonnessen server? I'm considering transferring from Cannith for the goon guild and I'm wondering if I'll at least get more chances of pug groups with the switch

E: holy poo poo that's expensive

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 19, 2021

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

How populated is the Argonnessen server? I'm considering transferring from Cannith for the goon guild and I'm wondering if I'll at least get more chances of pug groups with the switch

E: holy poo poo that's expensive

Yea, transfers are dumb-expensive. I can't recommend it. I don't know how much stuff you have on Cannith but it might be worth just rolling a new character. I'm happy to help you farm out gear or whatever.

e: https://www.playeraudit.com/servers

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah I had a character with one reincarnation under their belt but I think I'm gonna start over, charname ConstanceG if I can get a guild invite

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

So I'm running that rogue/fighter/barb staff build in the linked hardcore guide; is it worth subbing so I can open stuff at higher level? Redeemed the adventure code and I've previously got Ravenloft, Shadowfell, Underdark and maybe Sharn. The easier favor seems nice for unlocking stuff but idk if I can actually do it well- I tried an acid archer build before and it felt like I fell off really hard on late heroic through epic

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

So I'm running that rogue/fighter/barb staff build in the linked hardcore guide; is it worth subbing so I can open stuff at higher level? Redeemed the adventure code and I've previously got Ravenloft, Shadowfell, Underdark and maybe Sharn. The easier favor seems nice for unlocking stuff but idk if I can actually do it well- I tried an acid archer build before and it felt like I fell off really hard on late heroic through epic

Up to you. Honestly, VIP (the sub) is worth it for me, but you could also try partying with people for now and letting other people open the quests on elite for you. Once you reincarnate twice, you get the ability to open quests on elite.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Does anyone know what weapons Byron Scoutsword uses?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

milkman dad posted:

Does anyone know what weapons Byron Scoutsword uses?

I think its a +1 cold falchion from the look of it.

e: its cold, not sonic

Lorem ipsum fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 20, 2021

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Things I found out to do that I think all new players should do:

* Get a free collectables bag from Baudry Cartamon in the harbor. This bag occupies one bag slot but holds 1000/ea of 12 unique collectables (the gold-bordered crap that can't be vended. It's apparently used for some higher-level stuff). You can get a medium for 9k plat, which holds 30 unique.
* Get a free gems bag from Fitzpat the Fence in the harbor. It holds 6 unique gems. You can get a medium for 9k plat but for me, I vend it all the moment I get back to town anyway so I don't feel like I badly need more.
* Get a tiny ingredients bag from Felix d'Cannith in the harbor. I think this is mostly just Cannith and Dragonshards starting out but whatever, free bag space.
* Do circles in the keep on the borderlands wilderness area for a free mount. Each rare mob has a 50/50 chance of dropping a feather. You need 15 feathers to get a free mount. Here is a farming path: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/509887-This-is-how-I-farmed-enough-feathers-quickly?p=6265388#post6265388 Each loop took me like 20-30min and it took me 4 loops to get the mount. You don't gotta do it all at once, but if you're level 1 or 2, the gear and money and XP is all pretty good. Mounts are usable at level 1.
* Do the Sharn Syndicate quest chain (suggested level 4). At the end of the chain, there are a bunch of "nicked" blue weapon rewards that as far as I can tell are the best weapons available until like ravenloft at level 10. They all have an equip requirement of only level 2, too. https://ddowiki.com/page/The_Sharn_Syndicate There's only a 50/50 chance any given weapon in the list appears at the end of the chain, but you can redo it and there's a pity drop where the full list appears on third completion. idunno, my greatsword dropped first time and it's still really good several levels later.

A lot of people here have said for gear Sharn>Feywild>Ravenloft. I'm not sure if that means sharn is better than feywild or do sharn then feywild. Feywild named gear seems really good, the barbarian build I"m using has feywild gear for pretty much all the BiS gear, but I also haven't seen hardly any of it. I think you have to do elite quests to have a decent chance for any of it dropping. The nicked weapon was pretty easy to get though. Also feywild isn't free or $1 like a lot of the other stuff so maybe you won't have it. EDIT: Also there's a shitload of stuff that can chain CC you in feywild. gently caress feywild.

Well that's what I'm learned playing this game. I have a horse.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I just did a circuit of the Borderlands rares for the horse and only got two rares, one of which was the guaranteed one from the seals

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
That's pretty bad luck, my worst cycle was like 3 rares and also I forgot to pick up the lizard crest :\ I think that the odds of spawn are 50/50 each, and then 50/50 any spawn has a feather.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

Things I found out to do that I think all new players should do:

* Get a free collectables bag from Baudry Cartamon in the harbor. This bag occupies one bag slot but holds 1000/ea of 12 unique collectables (the gold-bordered crap that can't be vended. It's apparently used for some higher-level stuff). You can get a medium for 9k plat, which holds 30 unique.
* Get a free gems bag from Fitzpat the Fence in the harbor. It holds 6 unique gems. You can get a medium for 9k plat but for me, I vend it all the moment I get back to town anyway so I don't feel like I badly need more.
* Get a tiny ingredients bag from Felix d'Cannith in the harbor. I think this is mostly just Cannith and Dragonshards starting out but whatever, free bag space.
* Do circles in the keep on the borderlands wilderness area for a free mount. Each rare mob has a 50/50 chance of dropping a feather. You need 15 feathers to get a free mount. Here is a farming path: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/509887-This-is-how-I-farmed-enough-feathers-quickly?p=6265388#post6265388 Each loop took me like 20-30min and it took me 4 loops to get the mount. You don't gotta do it all at once, but if you're level 1 or 2, the gear and money and XP is all pretty good. Mounts are usable at level 1.
* Do the Sharn Syndicate quest chain (suggested level 4). At the end of the chain, there are a bunch of "nicked" blue weapon rewards that as far as I can tell are the best weapons available until like ravenloft at level 10. They all have an equip requirement of only level 2, too. https://ddowiki.com/page/The_Sharn_Syndicate There's only a 50/50 chance any given weapon in the list appears at the end of the chain, but you can redo it and there's a pity drop where the full list appears on third completion. idunno, my greatsword dropped first time and it's still really good several levels later.

A lot of people here have said for gear Sharn>Feywild>Ravenloft. I'm not sure if that means sharn is better than feywild or do sharn then feywild. Feywild named gear seems really good, the barbarian build I"m using has feywild gear for pretty much all the BiS gear, but I also haven't seen hardly any of it. I think you have to do elite quests to have a decent chance for any of it dropping. The nicked weapon was pretty easy to get though. Also feywild isn't free or $1 like a lot of the other stuff so maybe you won't have it. EDIT: Also there's a shitload of stuff that can chain CC you in feywild. gently caress feywild.

Well that's what I'm learned playing this game. I have a horse.

All correct and all great tips. I'll throw it in the OP at some point. I was just indicating the the sharn loot is the best in the game. Feywild gear is also heavily used and it is especially nice at level 5.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Fleshmaker's lab can suck my dick and balls I just want my seal aaaaa

The entire necro IV chain gives me a headache but this is a special kind of suck

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Anyone having problems creating a new account? Both Chrome and Firefox refuse to let me go forward from the initial name and password etc screen. Chrome with html 500 error and Firefox just showing me a blank, white screen.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

Fleshmaker's lab can suck my dick and balls I just want my seal aaaaa

The entire necro IV chain gives me a headache but this is a special kind of suck

Man I love necro 4. Are you just having trouble pulling the runes solo?

Jorgos Nuuh posted:

Anyone having problems creating a new account? Both Chrome and Firefox refuse to let me go forward from the initial name and password etc screen. Chrome with html 500 error and Firefox just showing me a blank, white screen.

I've heard of this happening, but have no idea what the resolution is. I don't know if its a server problem on their end or something else. I'm happy to try making one for you if you send me an account name and throwaway email address. You can change the email and password later.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I managed to finish it. People hopped in once I posted a LFG. Trying to decide now if farming these is worth it or if I need to find an Ascension Chamber carry for my seal. Pretty sure I can't actually get to one of the chests for a shield fragment

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 20, 2021

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

I managed to finish it. People hopped in once I posted a LFG. Trying to decide now if farming these is worth it or if I need to find an Ascension Chamber carry for my seal. Pretty sure I can't actually get to one of the chests for a shield fragment

Yea, necro 4 is on most people's quest lists because it gives good XP and is pretty fast so groups fill up. Ascension chamber is going to be a hard sell though. I haven't seen a group for that in years. I'm not even sure how many people are needed, but if we can do it with 2 or 3, maybe some of us can help you.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I've dabbled around in the game a lot but never really played most of it outside of Stormreach. Thinking about making a rogue on Argonnesson.

What do you guys think would give a more fun experience - doing a Strimtom Shadar Kai SWF chains rogue and just leveling when I've done some quests, or doing some sort of Aasimar acrobat and starting at level 1 with keep on the borderlands?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lorem ipsum posted:

Yea, necro 4 is on most people's quest lists because it gives good XP and is pretty fast so groups fill up. Ascension chamber is going to be a hard sell though. I haven't seen a group for that in years. I'm not even sure how many people are needed, but if we can do it with 2 or 3, maybe some of us can help you.

I'll see about farming the shield and litany or whatever fragments. I'm probably just missing some trick to it because I haven't seen anything so far after doing everything but Fleshmaker's several times. At least at the end of this I won't need to farm 2 other teifling iconics for a move boost that eats a feat slot

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I've dabbled around in the game a lot but never really played most of it outside of Stormreach. Thinking about making a rogue on Argonnesson.

What do you guys think would give a more fun experience - doing a Strimtom Shadar Kai SWF chains rogue and just leveling when I've done some quests, or doing some sort of Aasimar acrobat and starting at level 1 with keep on the borderlands?

Personally, i'd start at level 1 because at least for a few levels you have a fairly linear quest path and a lot of other people are running the same quests. Level 15 - there are just a lot of options and the actual quests are a bit more involved/complicated.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Starting at 15 is awful on a new character, agreed. The quests from 1-10 are some of my favorite in the game which is another reason I don’t even care to do iconic lives on my character with 10 past lives.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Hey any tips on how to get favor smoothly while leveling? I know you get points per every 100 favor or so, plus a +2 tome at like 1700 and a +5 at 5000, and various factions give you permanent unlocks like enhancement trees. How much is feasible to do on a first life and what's a good progression to go towards? Currently at 5 having finished borderlands and gatekeepers

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I managed to get a little over the drow unlock on my first life that I tr'd at 20. Can't pull up the wiki now but iirc doing a quest on elite or reaper gives the most points for both heroic and epic runs. I hit a wall around 800 favor on my current character at 27 because I don't have the gear or past lives to do anything harder than epic normals, but I could squeak out more points if I branched out on my sagas

As for what to grind, aside from the overarching stuff like 32 point builds, I set my sights on whatever tree helps my preferred play style most. I play casters so Feydark Illusionist is a no brainer and now my casters don't need to be a gnome illusionist

e:Oh yeah, forgot you can just go back and one shot everything at cap

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 20, 2021

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
The easiest way to get favor is to get to 30 and go back and do all of the quests you missed for 0 xp. Honestly though if you are free to play, i'd tr twice before worrying about favor so that you can open quests on elite - that way you only need to run most quests in the game once, not 3 times to get the favor. I can almost guarantee this is a faster way to do it.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt

quote:

I've heard of this happening, but have no idea what the resolution is. I don't know if its a server problem on their end or something else. I'm happy to try making one for you if you send me an account name and throwaway email address. You can change the email and password later.

Thanks for the offer, it's just my alt account I'm trying to make. I'll try some more options.
Too bad I'm on a different server. I'll make an alt and join you if you need more for guild bonus though.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Thx for the tips for newbs, had a blast last nite doing some marketplace and grove quests with 2 other folks from here. Id add that theres a quest you get most likely from harbor that leads to a 4th inventory slot, which is a great thing and really gave me some breathing space with my inventory. Maybe someone can point out the exact quest that leads to that. Im logging on right now for a night of playing, im level 6 atm. Once im in ravenloft ill go slow a bit, i want to enjoy what everyone is saying is good content for that halloween vibe.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Aster0ids posted:

Thx for the tips for newbs, had a blast last nite doing some marketplace and grove quests with 2 other folks from here. Id add that theres a quest you get most likely from harbor that leads to a 4th inventory slot, which is a great thing and really gave me some breathing space with my inventory. Maybe someone can point out the exact quest that leads to that. Im logging on right now for a night of playing, im level 6 atm. Once im in ravenloft ill go slow a bit, i want to enjoy what everyone is saying is good content for that halloween vibe.

For the extra bag slot, its based on "Coin Lords" favor which most of the harbor quests give. https://ddowiki.com/page/Favor#Quick_reference_table

Had fun playing with you also! I'll be on in a bit i'm sure. Maybe we should have a discord or something? Idk

Lorem ipsum fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 20, 2021

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Reminder for new people: 1 day 14hours (or 14 hours?) to bag the expansions for cheap. All it took for me is to make 3-4 alts on servers others than argo and do the first 3 quests on the island on each alt. That gave me enough DDO points to buy Ravenloft, that 15ish expansion and the underdark one, which will be fun to explore as well. They are at 99 points to buy atm.

For discord, im on a potato comp and playing wow with disc made performance noticeably dip. Ill try if theres one but might decide i cant.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008

Aster0ids posted:

Reminder for new people: 1 day 14hours (or 14 hours?) to bag the expansions for cheap. All it took for me is to make 3-4 alts on servers others than argo and do the first 3 quests on the island on each alt. That gave me enough DDO points to buy Ravenloft, that 15ish expansion and the underdark one, which will be fun to explore as well. They are at 99 points to buy atm.

For discord, im on a potato comp and playing wow with disc made performance noticeably dip. Ill try if theres one but might decide i cant.

I thought the cheap expansions are available until 12/31?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Since the code for all the free adventure packs dropped I decided to reinstall but am unable to really play the game launches in 4:3 which is fine but if I try to change the resolution of the game it crashes and says it couldnt initialize direct3d please insure directx 9.0 dec 2005 is installed which I've done repeatedly. I've tried reinstalling it both through steam and direct download I even tried the wrapper installer on the ddo forums to no avail. At this point I'm reinstalling it on my work wifi just to see what happens, anyone have any ideas on this?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I am a bit confused about something: Does subbing VIP allow you to make a gnome or elf or any other race that is normally only unavailable to F2P? I get a bit confused from the description and don’t want to spend money to unlock a <whatever> and find out it’s a free option later just for subbing. I’m not paying a WoW sub anymore and don’t mind subbing for a little while because I’m not in my twenties anymore and would rather just pay a bit to play a character like my favorite AD&D avatar from jr high if VIP doesn’t help with that.

Is soloing with a rogue too hard to be feasible? The web calls it “challenging” while a solo barbarian is “good.” I solo’d a rogue day 1 EQ before we had backstab or even stealth mechanics, but I enjoyed the challenge in EQ after I stuck with it and just want to be able to use my brain to solo equivalent-lvl mobs even if I have to learn patrol routes or stun tricks or whatever for 1v1 kills. In WoW at max level with good gear I could stealth into a pirate cove and pull 20+ pirates without dying or vanishing-to-lose-aggro, but it was a lot of fun using wits and cooldowns and skills/gadgets instead of just auto-attack, vanish, repeat. Is there a death penalty?

Lastly, is Vistani Knife Fighting a good thing to unlock for a dual-dagger rogue? I just don’t know the mechanics of it and I want my first character to be stealthy. Just reading tooltips, it seems assassin is the default for sneaky guys, even though I would love to try acrobat as well.

I just can’t tell until a day earlier at least if I’m going to be able to group or solo, and need to be able to solo (even if it’s difficult but not impossible after a few weeks to learn systems) with the option to play with Goons because it’s more fun and low stress!

Maybe these questions are in a FAQ somewhere but my questions are a bit specific so I figured it wouldn’t hurt just to ask the folks already playing.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
For races: https://ddowiki.com/page/VIP#Account_benefits: Access to the Warforged, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Gnome, Dragonborn, Aasimar, and Wood Elf races. Must purchase Drow (account-wide) or unlock through Favor (per server).
Drow are only like 400 favor to unlock, not worth buying.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Since the code for all the free adventure packs dropped I decided to reinstall but am unable to really play the game launches in 4:3 which is fine but if I try to change the resolution of the game it crashes and says it couldnt initialize direct3d please insure directx 9.0 dec 2005 is installed which I've done repeatedly. I've tried reinstalling it both through steam and direct download I even tried the wrapper installer on the ddo forums to no avail. At this point I'm reinstalling it on my work wifi just to see what happens, anyone have any ideas on this?

First try installing this explicitly if you didn't: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35
Next in the launcher at the top: hit the down arrow -> options -> try repair first and/or resetting display settings. Then I would try switching the game client. 64bit > 32 > 32 legacy.
You can also try switching via the in-game settings between DX9 and DX11, trying full-screen vs windowed as well.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Still pretty new but couple of things: first, especially if you're not an obsessive D&D 3.5e character builder, probably at least look at a preexisting build. (This does kinda suck when you find a concept you've been looking for and it's from like 2011.) Second, pretty sure a bunch of races/classes are free for VIP but if the sub lapses you have to either resub or buy the unlock. Third, most stuff is pretty easy to solo at the easiest difficulty but can be rough on the harder ones as a new player. If you can get people to group with you then you can basically get dragged through anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

DemonMage posted:

For races: https://ddowiki.com/page/VIP#Account_benefits: Access to the Warforged, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Gnome, Dragonborn, Aasimar, and Wood Elf races. Must purchase Drow (account-wide) or unlock through Favor (per server).
Drow are only like 400 favor to unlock, not worth buying.

I read this just a minute ago but wasn’t as sure of my comprehension. It would cost some type of (purchasable) in game currency to buy Half-Orc if you didn’t want VIP but really, really wanted to be a Half-Orc. That was the main concept I was having trouble with. Thanks, it’s much easier to make out directly stated in one spot like this. I just found the wiki right before I read your reply, but your explanation was still better.

I’m going to look up the Vistani Knife Fighter question, but is there a place (besides the wiki) to look up some info specifically about if trying to solo as a rogue is doable, even if “challenging” compared to a lvl 1 Barbarian? I haven’t tried to see a DDO Rogue website yet, because of spoilers mainly (lol spoilers in a 15 y/o game!), but I do realize I’ll be starting with no money or equipment or even inventory space (although I am going for three months VIP because WoW was harder to get into the differences in itself and EQ. It took a couple of months to learn so I understand DDO will be the same for me, n00b in training.

Thanks again, and any links or resources in any facet of the game are appreciated because I like to read poo poo about mechanics or strategy without necessarily ruining the discovery about “efficiency” or “BiS trinkets” or secret-revealed-through-gameplay spoiling all the fun!!! :bang:

Edit: Thank you, too, Stash! You pretty much answered my (boring, rambling) question while I was busy typing on this post! I appreciate any tips that aren’t just akin to “go here immediately and farm x snake eggs for a steel dagger.” I don’t mind that at all for a second character or fifth alt, but general n00b guides are gold like the advice on specific free/cheap bags a few posts up. The whole “Azeroth Autopilot” type addon in WoW is exactly what I do not want. I (very) occasionally bought official store stuff like the steampunk dragon mount in WoW because it fit as a max level gnome engineering crafter in my head, even though it was not rare or hard to get (store/sub only, not available through in game crafting or buying with gold).

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 21, 2021