Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Thanks guys, really appreciate what you're doing to set this up. Seems like it requires a bit more effort than it should!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The amount of clicks some things take sucks for sure, but you usually don't even get the option to do stuff like this. At least not with ESPN.

Big thanks to Kale for sure since this was all a bit beyond me.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
"Lotta injury risk in my frontcourt. Better add Blake Griffin" - me, future league champion

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lmao I love the lineup of the generals.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

thanks for the work you dudes put into this. seems like a giant pain in the rear end to me so i appreciate it.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Yeah I'm looking forward to a full proper season of putting Joel Embiid on IR, thanks guys. Good luck to everyone except my opponents

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Rick posted:

Lmao I love the lineup of the generals.

:wotwot:

I just kept scrolling through FAs and selected names I recognized. FWIW I'll drop a player if a team picks them up during the season.

To echo what Rick said, customizing the league schedule is a really nice perk on this site. I love creating league and tourney structures IRL but haven't been able to do so since early 2020, so helping out with this is a fun alternative. :sax:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Thank you for all of the behind the scenes work.

That said, S my D you losers, Patty Mills season is here. Good thing I got bored a few weeks ago and set my lineups for like a month in advance, because I totally forgot to do it today

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Quoting this cause drat I hadn't noticed the links to the SA PM and Fleaflicker team pages. Awesome stuff Rivetz, ty.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Bradley Beal continuing his tradition of being DTD every single game.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

Bradley Beal continuing his tradition of being DTD every single game.

Speaking of injuries, I noticed that Dejan and Deimos have multiple "Out" players in their starting lineups and have not posted in here nor made a roster move for 2+ weeks.

Gonna send them a PM here and via Fleaflicker as a heads-up.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I just had a busy week and forgot Jrue was on my bench. Curses, sorry

Edit: Justin, not Jrue. I got confused because he is thus far the superior fantasy player this year (which will continue)

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 21, 2021

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Dutchy for Christ sake change your team name to an embarrassing LOTR joke name

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

i actually laugh at EricCartman2000atYahoo everytime i read it.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Season 6, Episode 13, more details at southpark.fandom.com for those so inclined but needless to say: Eric Cartman is VERY relevant here

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cart Mountain posted:

i actually laugh at EricCartman2000atYahoo everytime i read it.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
This exchange inspired a reboot. also I'm sorry

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Pretty happy with getting LaVine this year - he destroyed me every time I had to play against him last season. Brogdan and Bledsoe look like decent picks too.

Luka needs to get the gently caress out of Dallas.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Curry putting up 101 fantasy points 😳

Is there an easy way to see which player has put up the most in a day? A running leaderboard for the season?

Almost a waste of a solid week so far against the Generals, but instead I am instilled with even more confidence

rivetz posted:

This exchange inspired a reboot. also I'm sorry

Lol fantastic. I made it 2.5/3 of the way through a LoTR rewatch (first time watching the extendeds) when I was laid up with covid and I still don’t get half the jokes.

I did do a little research earlier on EricCartman2000 and I remember that ep but not the email address. Funny every time either way

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

The Maestro posted:

I made it 2.5/3 of the way through a LoTR rewatch (first time watching the extendeds) when I was laid up with covid and I still don’t get half the jokes.

https://www.oocities.org/haggisnl/lotr/ though frankly the Two Towers ones are better:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hmm, I can't find these week-in-progress standings on the app. In case anyone is app-only and was unaware, each week there will be bonus wins given to the 7 teams that score more than the median.

It's going to be a photo finish!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ah that’s cool - so even if I lose to Eric Cartman I get bonus points if I’m still top 7.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

Ah that’s cool - so even if I lose to Eric Cartman I get bonus points if I’m still top 7.

This is correct. It's the median score which . . . maybe we should have done average with a dummy team. I'm not a math person so although I know the difference I don't know which would be better for our situation.

I am currently on the dark side of the median, winning but attempting to find enough points to cross the median which is looking pretty dire at the moment since Rozier is out.

I'm in midseason form, lost a game of Beal, Drummond, two games of Rozier (and the game he played was poo poo), two of Portis and no Cade. And everyone is streaming so hard at the moment there isn't much to replace them so it's worse than midseason!

The Maestro posted:

Curry putting up 101 fantasy points 😳

Is there an easy way to see which player has put up the most in a day? A running leaderboard for the season?

Almost a waste of a solid week so far against the Generals, but instead I am instilled with even more confidence

Lol fantastic. I made it 2.5/3 of the way through a LoTR rewatch (first time watching the extendeds) when I was laid up with covid and I still don’t get half the jokes.

I did do a little research earlier on EricCartman2000 and I remember that ep but not the email address. Funny every time either way

Unfortunately it seems like there isn't an easy way to see who the best performer of the day was, which is too bad. You can look at anyone's info page to see the score of the top performer at a position that day but it doesn't say who, much less useful.

E: I guess you could go to the player page, turn off the "free agent" filter and then put the day filter on and see that way.

Rick fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 24, 2021

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Rick posted:

This is correct. It's the median score which . . . maybe we should have done average with a dummy team. I'm not a math person so although I know the difference I don't know which would be better for our situation.

I am currently on the dark side of the median, winning but attempting to find enough points to cross the median which is looking pretty dire at the moment since Rozier is out.

I'm in midseason form, lost a game of Beal, Drummond, two games of Rozier (and the game he played was poo poo), two of Portis and no Cade. And everyone is streaming so hard at the moment there isn't much to replace them so it's worse than midseason!

Unfortunately it seems like there isn't an easy way to see who the best performer of the day was, which is too bad. You can look at anyone's info page to see the score of the top performer at a position that day but it doesn't say who, much less useful.

E: I guess you could go to the player page, turn off the "free agent" filter and then put the day filter on and see that way.

I did forget that the score page shows each matchup’s top performers for the week, which is good enough.

Pretty surprising how young Kalensc’s team is and they numbers they’re putting on the board. 4 rookies plus the Taxi freebie, and a couple 2nd and 3rd year guys. Should see some correction in a few months when the younguns hit their walls though (hopefully)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Duarte has to come to Earth one would figure, especially if Lavert can stop getting Medical Journal injuries and can return. Barnes should theoretically slow down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mobley does this all season, he's great.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I wanted Giddey too and just missed out on him. Dort is thus far making me not very giddy!

My shift to young players was pretty much a reaction to y'all consistently snapping up "sleepers" I had bookmarked early on. Def a boom/bust approach, so we'll see how the volatility shakes out in the weeks to come.

Oh and Rick I figured median was fine since it would give 7W and 7L per week, whereas average could vary. I'm fine with changing it if there's a strong interest in it.

The Grit 'n Grind Generals would drag the avg score down by about 80-100pts, so I'd expect 8-9 wins to be awarded. For this week, median is at 1161 (for now) and average is around 1077.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

How do you add players to the taxi squad?

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Also, if even half of your young guys keep producing you’ve got a hell of a squad kalensc

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Chronicles posted:

How do you add players to the taxi squad?

gotta be a rookie, then it's just a position like any other

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Dutchy that was a close one! Bridges just decided to be an absolute monster this week so that helped.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

kalensc posted:

I wanted Giddey too and just missed out on him. Dort is thus far making me not very giddy!

My shift to young players was pretty much a reaction to y'all consistently snapping up "sleepers" I had bookmarked early on. Def a boom/bust approach, so we'll see how the volatility shakes out in the weeks to come.

Oh and Rick I figured median was fine since it would give 7W and 7L per week, whereas average could vary. I'm fine with changing it if there's a strong interest in it.

The Grit 'n Grind Generals would drag the avg score down by about 80-100pts, so I'd expect 8-9 wins to be awarded. For this week, median is at 1161 (for now) and average is around 1077.

Ah, okay yeah the median makes more sense to me then as the way to go. At some point during the summer I googled what was better "median or average" and I couldn't find anything relating to fantasy other than everyone agreed all l eagues should have it.

I had planned on maintaining 3-4 rookies this season but that plan requires Beal and Rozier to be healthy which might have been stupid to plan on.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Dutchy posted:

gotta be a rookie, then it's just a position like any other

This is what I assumed but it still wants me to cut a player when I try to add a rookie

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

winning your game but not actually getting anything for it is very brutal, i guess it will matter a lot less to me in a few weeks if my team remains Dogshit

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Chronicles posted:

This is what I assumed but it still wants me to cut a player when I try to add a rookie

It won’t let you add to the Taxi if your roster is full. Add a player to IR if you can, then add the Taxi, and then you can activate the player from IR. Otherwise you’ll have to drop one to add. I think.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Chronicles posted:

You can't add a rookie directly to the Taxi spot IIRC. If there's one you want and your roster is full you'd have to cut a player to add the rookie to your roster, move the rookie to the Taxi position, and then you can re-add that cut (or a different) player back

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Thanks! That makes sense

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Red Rox posted:

Dutchy that was a close one! Bridges just decided to be an absolute monster this week so that helped.

Yeah, I could've done myself a favor by hitting on a single waiver add but the leagues a lot deeper, it's gonna be harder to find a reliable thirty points or w/e as injury fill ins. GG

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Monte Morris and PJ Washington are NOT living up to the hype that I read in my half-assed pre-season research.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Chronicles posted:

Also, if even half of your young guys keep producing you’ve got a hell of a squad kalensc

Thanks! Fairly certain I got some outlier performances in the first week though, and I feel like my roster had more GP than most?

Unsure how I can find a simple total of my entire rosters' stats though. Prob something I'll have to dig out via desktop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It's extremely hosed up I had to drop a player I wanted in Monk to even have a chance at the median last week because of how useless Beal has been and now someone else gets the benefit.