Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

kreeningsons posted:

Covid vaccination policy at work just dropped. Everyone who works on federal contracts, whether in office or home, needs a vaxx. Interestingly, people who are not workong on federal projects but work in the same building as those who do, still need the vaxx. If you don't meet the deadline then you're put on paid leave for two weeks and after that considered voluntarily terminated. Surprisingly harsh. Of course it still allows religious exemptions which is just priming people to take advantage of that.

Agency has been sending out reminders that you have to get your first dose of Moderna by October 11th, your first dose of Pfizer by October 18th, or your first dose of J&J by Nov 8th, to be able to meet the Nov 22 "fully vaccinated" requirement. We had to upload our vax card to our company by Oct 15th.

We're going to lose people, and at they are an almost circular venn diagram of the worst loving people to work with. And I work 100% remote outside of the pandemic, never have to deal with them face to face, and they're STILL the worst people through email and Teams chat. That takes some loving effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Louisgod posted:

same, I can barely finish a single beer by myself, it either makes me feel like poo poo or I get depressed. chalking this up as a huge win though seeing as my dad's a massive alcoholic and starts drinking at noon every day and is blasted by 4.

lmao noon. come on.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Thoguh posted:

How over is COVID in everyone’s state and/or country today?

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBreaking/status/1450491106144227330

Numbers are going down, so it's time for the quarterly "stop doing that".

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

lmao noon. come on.

lmao not getting cirrhosis by 30. come on

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Louisgod posted:

same, I can barely finish a single beer by myself, it either makes me feel like poo poo or I get depressed. chalking this up as a huge win though seeing as my dad's a massive alcoholic and starts drinking at noon every day and is blasted by 4.

I can't remember the last time I got blasted, I usually eat a snack and take a nap well before I get to that point

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Louisgod posted:

lol the gooniest response ever

where have you been everyone either wants to suck n gently caress or wants to be a lizard or a mushroom or a pair of ragged claws scuttling across the floors of silent seas, there is no in between

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Palladium posted:

i used to like alcohol and now I don't even feel like drinking anymore

2020 killed drinking for me, legitimately uninterested now. i went hard as gently caress on liquor from like march 2020 -> march 2021 and was like gently caress this i feel awful and i'm a fat. i'll do beers on the rare occasion i see other humans, but i don't buy any for the house

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Palladium posted:

lmao not getting cirrhosis by 30. come on

seriously is he even trying

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Thoguh posted:

Covid isn’t even over in my house. I think I have recovered, barring any lurking permanent damage, but boyfriend still has a pretty intense cough at the three week mark. He’s supposed to get a chest X-ray to see if he’s developing pneumonia, but none of the imaging places will let him in the door because he’s symptomatic. Good system.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I think if beer made me gain weight id stop drinking it but I can pack away a dozen a day for weeks and not gain a pound.

gift and a curse.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

meet girls at the store posted:

Covid isn’t even over in my house. I think I have recovered, barring any lurking permanent damage, but boyfriend still has a pretty intense cough at the three week mark. He’s supposed to get a chest X-ray to see if he’s developing pneumonia, but none of the imaging places will let him in the door because he’s symptomatic. Good system.

:gonk:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Thoguh posted:

South King County, Washington State

I stopped checking up on Covid news in this thread and so without constantly mainlining stats it really seems like life is back to normal. Masking is still good, but I do sometimes see random maskless dick bags walking around unchallenged. Nobody I know has caught it, nobody at work has caught it lately either. Friends are flying to expos and trade shows all over the country, I also knew some folks who went to a haunted house.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Thoguh posted:

Snohomish County

Grocery store employees are back to wearing masks. Most customers are wearing masks entering the store but occasionally I'll watch one enter without one with body language that can only be described as stupid and defiant (I'm still only doing contactless pickup, so I'm guessing it's a lot over the course of a day). They're all cloth of course, and they rip them off before they're even outside the sliding doors when leaving. Always a bunch of people standing outside the store maskless and talking. People are back to spitting on the ground, so that's nice too.

Apartment complex is giving maskless tours of open apartments. Kids from multiple households are running around maskless everywhere playing together as their maskless parents talk and smoke. People see me frantically trying to avoid them when I have to throw out the trash or check the mail, and they just stare at me while seemingly going out of their way to get as close as possible. I can't figure out if it's hostility or obliviousness, except with the staff members who repeatedly scream "masks off" while aggressively approaching. Upstairs neighbor is constantly having people over.

COVID status: Open Biden, with some cloth masks floating around

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JohnStossel/status/1449748785844867073?s=20
https://twitter.com/F1Photographer/status/1450232310452957185?s=20
https://twitter.com/SKMorefield/status/1450130414790643720?s=20
https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1448793664545755138?s=20

Florida killed off everyone so now they are a success story

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Thoguh posted:

CT has been in the 1-2% positives daily for a while now, deaths averaging around 30-40/week. Mask mandates still in effect indoors which are being followed for the most part. I was in Home Depot yesterday and only saw one person unmasked, you gotta figure at this point no retail employee gives enough of a poo poo to get into arguments with these people. I have my KN95 on and just give them a wide berth.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Apartment complex is giving maskless tours of open apartments. Kids from multiple households are running around maskless everywhere playing together as their maskless parents talk and smoke. People see me frantically trying to avoid them when I have to throw out the trash or check the mail, and they just stare at me while seemingly going out of their way to get as close as possible. I can't figure out if it's hostility or obliviousness, except with the staff members who repeatedly scream "masks off" while aggressively approaching. Upstairs neighbor is constantly having people over.

Sounds a lot like my apartment in Ohio. I had the windows open lately, because it stopped being 85 outside and is now in the low to mid 60's, and one of the kids outside has a particularly nasty sounding cough. I never see anyone wearing a mask in the complex.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Thoguh posted:

nw chicago burbs: mostly everyone stays masked indoors minus a few crazies, seeing way more kn95s around and just overall better mask quality in general. full on open biden is in progress of course, all shopping centers near me are constantly packed. every retail establishment has a now hiring sign

e: also my sister is still teaching middle school and i pray to god for her safety

Slider fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 19, 2021

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

Yeah, how many sick people do you see in this graveyard? Checkmate. :smug:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

this stuff is so funny. "wow the state that deliberately stopped reporting cases and covering up as many of their covid deaths as possible suddenly has no covid cases, mission accomplished!"

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

lmao now that cases are declining theyre conveniently forgetting 20k people died in florida the past three months.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I'm an RN and my wife works on a COVID unit at one of the top hospitals in the US (ranked 15th last I saw) and her anti-vaxx coworkers are slowly getting picked off one-by-one. There's a bunch of new people in training and staffing shortages are crazy, but eventually the anti-vaxx/anti-maskers catch a nasty case of Delta and they're young so they live, but they either come back months later with a very changed attitude or they develop a permanent cardiac issue and don't come back. She had to take a test yesterday after a bloody nose and she said "If I pop positive, I know exactly which MFer gave it to me." Currently like 80% of their employees are vaxxed, it's only the unions that are holding up the mandate in court.

None of her co-workers who refused the vaccine have been able to get hired anywhere else. There is immense pressure on unit managers to only hire vaxxed workers and anti-vaxxers usually come with a host of other problematic compliance issues and toxic behavior. Usually their license has a few dings on it for disciplinary problems or w/e.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

this stuff is so funny. "wow the state that deliberately stopped reporting cases and covering up as many of their covid deaths as possible suddenly has no covid cases, mission accomplished!"

its not even just that. even with underreporti f they reported 20k deaths the past three months.

three months, 20k dead. one state.

and yet theyre still using florida as a success story.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Gio posted:

its not even just that. even with underreporti f they reported 20k deaths the past three months.

three months, 20k dead. one state.

and yet theyre still using florida as a success story.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1450237797084893187?s=20
https://twitter.com/EricMMatheny/status/1449355641873747968?s=20

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Why Am I So Tired posted:

I can't figure out if it's hostility or obliviousness, except with the staff members who repeatedly scream "masks off" while aggressively approaching.

...what?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Thoguh posted:

king county, west Seattle:

everyone wears a mask at the grocery store

went to Home Depot last night and didn't see a single person without a mask

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

king county, west Seattle:

everyone wears a mask at the grocery store

went to Home Depot last night and didn't see a single person without a mask

Liar! Such utopia cannot exist!

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnStossel/status/1449748785844867073?s=20

Obligatory standard response to Stossel's dumb poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrX9Ca7LSyQ&t=26s

Edit: this is actually a pretty perfect allegory for COVID vs the Media :lmao:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Palladium posted:

i used to like alcohol and now I don't even feel like drinking anymore

my wife stopped drinking for 6 weeks before her birthday and now we're both only drinking on weekends. My medication stack has limited me to ~2/day anyway (and that's true if I'm drinking 2-3 days vs 7), but, I realized just having 2 a day had become completely rote and there was nothing fun about it.

I still go through a ton of weed, but that costs me $30/ounce to self produce and doesn't seem to cause me nearly the same kinds of problems as even pretty limited drinking.

edit: I am 6'1", hypermobile, 150lbs soaking wet, have been doing a ton of wood stacking and construction lately, and alcohol cessation caused me to lose weight to the point that I noticed pants not fitting. I have since added 1-3 eggs and 1/2 - 1 avocado per day to my diet along with leaning more heavily on fat/protein and less on carbs, and generally I feel better and my GI system seems happier.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 19, 2021

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Sergg posted:

None of her co-workers who refused the vaccine have been able to get hired anywhere else. There is immense pressure on unit managers to only hire vaxxed workers and anti-vaxxers usually come with a host of other problematic compliance issues and toxic behavior. Usually their license has a few dings on it for disciplinary problems or w/e.

good, these people desperately need repercussions to their actions instead of being coddled as if their viewpoints have any validity to them. it owns to actually see local government follow through on their threats of firing workers that don't comply as these pussies break under the most gentle of stress and reinforces that mandates work.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I still go through a ton of weed, but that costs me $30/ounce to self produce and doesn't seem to cause me nearly the same kinds of problems as even pretty limited drinking.

I was going through a joint a day for a while there and in the last month I flipped over to THC/CBD (25%/50%) vape only and feel so much better. I smoked a half a joint for the first time yesterday evening and it loving wrecked me lol. getting old sucks.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Louisgod posted:

good, these people desperately need repercussions to their actions instead of being coddled as if their viewpoints have any validity to them. it owns to actually see local government follow through on their threats of firing workers that don't comply as these pussies break under the most gentle of stress and reinforces that mandates work.

SCOTUS is gonna blanket kill all mandates for all vax, don't for a second think otherwise

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

So far only one of the people I went to nursing school with has been bounced due to refusing the vaccine, and her name is "Shelby" but we used to call her "Shelbeast" when she was my roommate and we would just wait for her to get drunk and fight someone at house parties. She got fired from so many places before working for the shittiest nursing home in my town, which has now just fired her. She's an evangelical Christian & her whole family are hardcore Trumpists and it's sad to see the first person in their family go to college & escape poverty only to live in a trailer with her dad but she was never going to vaccinate. She was an anti-vaxxer before it was a Republican thing, an OG anti-vaxxer. Kinda funny how her fiancee is a junkie and will just slam any old black tar into his veins unless it contains actual medicine.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

poll plane variant posted:

SCOTUS is gonna blanket kill all mandates for all vax, don't for a second think otherwise

probably, but for at least the moment they're working, at least here in Oregon

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

serious posting here but i'm relieved i was the super vigilant person in my small family, i immediately told them early on how serious this poo poo was going to be and linked proper kn95s and elastomeric masks as well. they all wear them from what i can tell and no one has gotten covid yet.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Louisgod posted:

I was going through a joint a day for a while there and in the last month I flipped over to THC/CBD (25%/50%) vape only and feel so much better. I smoked a half a joint for the first time yesterday evening and it loving wrecked me lol. getting old sucks.

I was on the 1:1 cbd/thc plan for a while. As for weight. Uh. I turn about an ounce of flower per week into ~3.5g of more or less pure oil (cryo ethanol extraction), and then vaporize all of that as well as doing some edibles and smoking the occaisional bowl. I think I grew like 65oz last year, probably gave a half pound away and used all the rest of it in some form or other :allears: I had ~150mg of decarbed oil for breakfast today :rubby:

The weird thing about cannabis tolerance is that I can instantly cut from my current level of use down to ~0.25g of flower at night before bed, and really not much changes at all except over the space of a week or so the 0.25g goes from "feels like it does nothing, but lets me sleep" to "I get kind of stoned from this amount".

Stepping off the last little bit is always 14 solid days of lovely insomnia, but other than that, nothing very bad or weird happens.

I use a pretty obscene amount of oil, a thing that's easy to slide into when the cost slides down to a few bucks a gram :lsd:

edit: my progression from "quarter ounce of flower a week" to 4x that partially occurred during COVID but I think it has more to do with also having scaled up my own production to where weed feels like a bottomless resource over that timeframe.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I was on the 1:1 cbd/thc plan for a while. As for weight. Uh. I turn about an ounce of flower per week into ~3.5g of more or less pure oil (cryo ethanol extraction), and then vaporize all of that as well as doing some edibles and smoking the occaisional bowl. I think I grew like 65oz last year, probably gave a half pound away and used all the rest of it in some form or other :allears: I had ~150mg of decarbed oil for breakfast today :rubby:

The weird thing about cannabis tolerance is that I can instantly cut from my current level of use down to ~0.25g of flower at night before bed, and really not much changes at all except over the space of a week or so the 0.25g goes from "feels like it does nothing, but lets me sleep" to "I get kind of stoned from this amount".

Stepping off the last little bit is always 14 solid days of lovely insomnia, but other than that, nothing very bad or weird happens.

I use a pretty obscene amount of oil, a thing that's easy to slide into when the cost slides down to a few bucks a gram :lsd:

edit: my progression from "quarter ounce of flower a week" to 4x that partially occurred during COVID but I think it has more to do with also having scaled up my own production to where weed feels like a bottomless resource over that timeframe.

lol I pay $36 a gram goddammit

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i mean theyre just saying this poo poo to rile up the hogs but its such a stupid loving argument lol

its like they still dont realize this poo poo comes in waves and the difference between new york and florida is marginal

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Forseti posted:

Obligatory standard response to Stossel's dumb poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrX9Ca7LSyQ&t=26s

Edit: this is actually a pretty perfect allegory for COVID vs the Media :lmao:

:lol: i hadn't seen that before

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

He'll just walk towards you yelling "MASKS OFF" like a malfunctioning NPC. It's amazing. Love the concept of harassing the tenants while on the clock.

He actually almost crashed his stupid motorized cart because he had turned around to scream at us while driving it. He realized at the last second he was going to hit a car so he swerved and the dumpster he was hauling came loose and went rolling down the street, he had to chase it on foot. It was like I had entered a cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

my wife stopped drinking for 6 weeks before her birthday and now we're both only drinking on weekends. My medication stack has limited me to ~2/day anyway (and that's true if I'm drinking 2-3 days vs 7), but, I realized just having 2 a day had become completely rote and there was nothing fun about it.

edit: I am 6'1", hypermobile, 150lbs soaking wet, have been doing a ton of wood stacking and construction lately, and alcohol cessation caused me to lose weight to the point that I noticed pants not fitting. I have since added 1-3 eggs and 1/2 - 1 avocado per day to my diet along with leaning more heavily on fat/protein and less on carbs, and generally I feel better and my GI system seems happier.

Good for you! I'm an RN and I'm letting you know, NEVER ONCE had to treat a patient for "weed overdose" or "marijuana lung". Once I had the tumor in my spinal cord removed, I remembered that weed has anti-cancer properties so I started chiefing like a mofo during my recovery. I left my phone on my medication suitcase (which my cat likes to jump on) and she sent pictures of my grow to random professors at my local university.