Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dkj posted:

There’s a trade in one of my public paid leagues of Aaron Jones and Diontae Johnson for Antonio Brown and Fournette. To the guy in second place who’s about to overtake me for first.

Just lmao

:shrug: trades don’t have to be even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dango Bango posted:

Lol. As a Swift owner, he's getting a majority of his points via garbage-time TDs. It makes me nervous and I would absolutely trade that for more stability in general with Ekler. Even if he has weeks like this one where he busts.

(I also traded Ekler in another league after week 2 for a WR and have regretted it since.)
Yeah I've been debating moving one of CMC, Gibson (who has keeper value next year), Swift, or Jacobs since I can only play 3 of them in a week anyway. By upgrading Swift to Ekeler I feel confident moving Jacobs since I have Chuba backing up CMC. I need to get a better WR - I've been trotting out ARob, Diontae, Mooney, Tim Patrick (whose value goes down when Jeudy comes back), Van Jefferson, Kadarius Toney, or Bryan Edwards so I could really use an upgrade.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I have 2 IR slots.. guys currently hurt on this team:

David Montgomery
Kareem Hunt
Dawson Knox
Jerry Jeudy
Logan Thomas

feels bad dropping any of them, but I need a tight end that isn't dead or on bye

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Are we trying to pick up D'Ernest Johnson or Demetric Felton with both Chubb and Hunt out?

Don't know which of those two will bring the most value, but there are reports that the Brownies are sniffing around about Marlon Mack, who's being wasted in Indy and on my bench, so I hope it happens!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
D’ernest Johnson an add over Damien Williams?

0.5 ppr

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

:shrug: trades don’t have to be even

True, trades don’t have to be even, but that doesn’t mean we can’t complain about stupid trades. This should be a safe space for calling out malarkey. That one is a doozy.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

the_american_dream posted:

0.5 ppr

I don’t think any Browns RB can be started with confidence

Williams might clear COVID status this week (I hope) and yeah they’re playing TB but he would be their RB1

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea good point. Thanks

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
4-2 in a 12 team ppr league
Barkley or CMC ROS?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

0.5 ppr

Keep Damien. 2/5 of the Browns line is also dead.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My roster:

QB- Mahomes
RB- Chubb, Gibson, Swift, Singletary, Pollard, Eli Mitchell, Alex Collins
WR- McLaurin, DJ Moore, JaMarr Chase, Cooks, Golladay, Jeudy

I have the #2 waiver priority, do I try to grab D’Ernest Johnson or Jaret Patterson to fill in for Chubb/Gibson?

Or just ride it out with the RB’s I have and save the waiver priority?

0.5 ppr and we start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

In PPR redraft is it worth trying to trade Josh Jacobs for Calvin Ridley when I have CMC+Chuba, Ekeler, and Gibson?

Varg posted:

I have 2 IR slots.. guys currently hurt on this team:

David Montgomery
Kareem Hunt
Dawson Knox
Jerry Jeudy
Logan Thomas

feels bad dropping any of them, but I need a tight end that isn't dead or on bye
I would drop Logan Thomas if you have Dawson Knox.

0.5 ppr
Agreeing with go with Damien.

CocoaNuts posted:

Don't know which of those two will bring the most value, but there are reports that the Brownies are sniffing around about Marlon Mack, who's being wasted in Indy and on my bench, so I hope it happens!
This is great to know, thank you!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
If Damien Williams returns, he's still the lead back in Chicago over Khalil Herbert, correct? I have Herbert but someone just dropped Williams to waivers, and I'm desperate for a start this week. If it's not one of them I'm gambling that Alex Collins will be able to go on Monday night.

Would you drop Herbert for Collins? 4 man bench with two players on bye gives me no room to maneuver. I don't really want to start either against Tampa but I may have no choice.

I guess the better play is to drop my kicker for Williams and ditch whoever isn't playing for a kicker later this week.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

If Damien Williams returns, he's still the lead back in Chicago over Khalil Herbert, correct? I have Herbert but someone just dropped Williams to waivers, and I'm desperate for a start this week. If it's not one of them I'm gambling that Alex Collins will be able to go on Monday night.

Would you drop Herbert for Collins? 4 man bench with two players on bye gives me no room to maneuver. I don't really want to start either against Tampa but I may have no choice.

I guess the better play is to drop my kicker for Williams and ditch whoever isn't playing for a kicker later this week.

I don't feel comfortable starting either Williams.or Herbert. It's a bad matchup and they split 50-50 the week they both played. I don't understand why people are saying Williams is the clear #1 when he comes back.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
So my WRs are bad. REAL bad. My best guys are Evans and Lockett, and the two of them cost me the biggest game of my season. Fortunately, I have a DEEP stable of RBs: Kamara, Henderson, Patterson, Najee, both healthy Bears RBs, and Conner.

My thinking is that I trade one of my stud RBs for a stud WR, but I’m having trouble deciding between the offers presently on the table. Which would you guys take?

In order of what I think is most preferable:
Najee for Tyreek
Henderson for Marquise Brown
Henderson for Lamb, Tim Patrick
Henderson + D Schulz for Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Williams

I’d really like to have Tyreek, but Najee gets some of the highest volume of ball touches… that would be real tough to let go. However, watching him play it feels like every one of his yards and TDs are hard earned and good defenses will stifle him. It’s a tough call…

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This is my bye hell week. Got 4 starters on bye. :negative:

Chris Carson was my backup RB, but he's on IR, so now I need to pick up someone on the waiver wire.

Managed to snatch up D'Ernest Johnson on the waiver wire, since both of Cleveland's regular RBs are out. :toot:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Giodo! posted:

I don't feel comfortable starting either Williams.or Herbert. It's a bad matchup and they split 50-50 the week they both played. I don't understand why people are saying Williams is the clear #1 when he comes back.

He got the goal line work and the targets

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Gin_Rummy posted:

So my WRs are bad. REAL bad. My best guys are Evans and Lockett, and the two of them cost me the biggest game of my season. Fortunately, I have a DEEP stable of RBs: Kamara, Henderson, Patterson, Najee, both healthy Bears RBs, and Conner.

My thinking is that I trade one of my stud RBs for a stud WR, but I’m having trouble deciding between the offers presently on the table. Which would you guys take?

In order of what I think is most preferable:
Najee for Tyreek
Henderson for Marquise Brown
Henderson for Lamb, Tim Patrick
Henderson + D Schulz for Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Williams

I’d really like to have Tyreek, but Najee gets some of the highest volume of ball touches… that would be real tough to let go. However, watching him play it feels like every one of his yards and TDs are hard earned and good defenses will stifle him. It’s a tough call…

Two weeks ago I was desperate for a RB and sent these trades:
Ekeler for my Kupp
Chubb for my Hopkins
Najee for my Hopkins
In the end I got Henderson for Hopkins and it seems to have worked out so far even if I overpaid a bit.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

dkj posted:

He got the goal line work and the targets

Yeah, but it's hardly like you're locking in a RB whose going to dominate touches. Also Herbert was pretty effective and who knows what that split will be moving forward.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Please do not start a backup Bears RB against Tampa.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Poque posted:

Please do not start a backup Bears RB against Tampa.

It's that or hope Alex Collins can go against New Orleans Monday. If he can't go his backup is going to be impossible to figure out between Homer, Dallas and Penny.

What a world when I'm relieved to have landed JD Mckissic on the waiver wire.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

in a standard scoring league, which qb would you rather start: keenum, g smith, or z wilson?

let's just say my qb situation has gone...downhill.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

in a standard scoring league, which qb would you rather start: keenum, g smith, or z wilson?

let's just say my qb situation has gone...downhill.

Oof. I don’t really have a suggestion I just feel bad.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
First of all, sorry, because... drat. But G. Smith, if it were me.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jeez, yeah. Geno at least has DK and Lockett to throw to, so him I guess.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Idk I think Z Wilson might get more points than Geno.

Expect Seattle to skew even more run heavy over the next couple weeks.

With that said, Seattle is tailoring the offense to be a bunch of quick short passes that make for relatively easy completion numbers.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Someone dropped Kittle. I use all my 55 FAAB and pray that no one notices this Friday waiver time right?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Yes. People were paying that much for E. Mitchell, mind you.

Who by the way I wasn't able to claim with my waiver and so I have McKissic now after dropping Gronk (E. Elliot on BYE for me).

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Is E Mitchell good to start again this week? Or wait a week to see progress?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

12-team, Yahoo 0.5 PPR, 6pt Pass TD, 0.2pt Completions, 3 IDP, 9BN, 5IR:
QB - Josh Allen, Derek Carr
RB - Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt (IR), Darrell Henderson Jr., Melvin Gordon III, Malcolm Brown, Damien Williams (IR), Rashaad Penny (IR), Jaret Patterson
WR - Davante Adams, Robert Woods, Tyler Boyd, Cole Beasley, Laviska Shenault Jr., DeVante Parker, KJ Osborn
TE - Logan Thomas (IR), Tyler Conklin, Jonnu Smith, Pat Freiermuth, Irv Smith Jr. (IR)

Having a pretty okay season, 2-4 with the most points against, less than 50pts behind points leader. Checking to see if there's anyone I should consider trading to get a leg up. Tyler Boyd has been a disappointment so a more reliable WR3 would be nice and could certainly use an upgrade at TE but not sure I have enough depth anywhere to get an upgrade. After Josh Allen's bye week I could see if anyone is interested in Carr, there's a couple teams with QBs that are performing worse than him: Heinicke/Tannehill/Lawrence and Wilson/Goff.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
So I really don’t want to have to drop anybody from my bench to cover my idiocy of painting myself into a TE corner (Knox and Schultz on bye, Kittle on IR). Someone dropped Ricky Seals-Jones but another guy wants to offer me Ertz and Singletary for Chase Edmonds.

I have zero interest in Singletary but I want to offer him Edmonds for Ertz and a 2022 pick OR just a straight up 2022 pick and get Ricky off waivers later. Thing is we have this weird offseason bidding system so Edmonds was kept for a certain number of points and I don’t really know where to value him. What round should I ask for him just to get the trade talks going?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PPR: Jacobs and Toney for Ridley? Mash?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

speaking of ridley, what is going on there? i get atl doesn't have the greatest offense, but he's had a good amount of targets per game when he's played, but just hasn't found the endzone. seems like an anomaly, no? or is avoing him in the endzone somehow the plan for them?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is E Mitchell good to start again this week? Or wait a week to see progress?

I'd wait a week if it's possible. If you're strained at the position he's an OK start I think.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

KingKapalone posted:

Someone dropped Kittle. I use all my 55 FAAB and pray that no one notices this Friday waiver time right?

If you need a TE probably but having him this season has sucked. So much so that someone in your league decided he wasn’t worth the effort of keeping.

On that same page I just picked up AJ Brown from waivers lol

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Some news about Watson getting sent to Miami. Tempting to add him preemptively.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is Dallas DEF worth holding through the bye?

They are allowing a poo poo ton of points but those turnover TDs have been great, there's no way they keep it up right?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

VietCampo posted:

Is Dallas DEF worth holding through the bye?

They are allowing a poo poo ton of points but those turnover TDs have been great, there's no way they keep it up right?

I don’t know but I’m definitely not going to bet on it

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

abelwingnut posted:

speaking of ridley, what is going on there? i get atl doesn't have the greatest offense, but he's had a good amount of targets per game when he's played, but just hasn't found the endzone. seems like an anomaly, no? or is avoing him in the endzone somehow the plan for them?

Matt Ryan sucks in the red zone. He couldn't connect with Julio Jones in the end zone either the last few years and this seems like a continuation of the trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

PPR: Jacobs and Toney for Ridley? Mash?
I mashed.