Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I dunno I think I'd rock just the plain old CROTCH ROCKET but it would have to be on a scooter or postie or something. Maybe an enfield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Strife posted:

EXCUSE ME BUT YOUR STANDING ON MY DICK

OK I take it back these are actually good and I'd like this one

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
none of these are as good as the "rear end,rear end, or rear end, gas is cheap and I'm already high" sticker on the back of that ACAB FXR in the other thread

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

These people are not advrider people at all, but since we’re playing “find the funny message in the cosplay supplies”:

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 25, 2021

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
"this here bike will pass anything on the road 'cept a bbq stand"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Some good anti-boomer sentiment in this one

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Never mind, higher res image loaded.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

These people are not advrider people at all, but since we’re playing “find the funny message in the cosplay supplies”:

Bad rear end boy’s ride bad rear end toys.
A+ POS
Biker lives matter

I’m just in awe at these lard lads and ladies

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Never mind, higher res image loaded.

Yeah, these ain’t 1%ers, they are just extremely tryhard white trash

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Yeah, these ain’t 1%ers, they are just extremely tryhard white trash

I didn't think they were 1%ers, I thought someone had the patch.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those dinguses had one hidden somewhere in there, it’s like they went to a bike rally and just scraped the table off into their bag.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lol the guy on the left backs the blue while riding the pig trail

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

They seem overall very unhappy about the quality of their meal.

"What would Gemma do?" is a reference to Sons of Anarchy lol.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

RIP Mickey Mouse.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

Lol the guy on the left backs the blue while riding the pig trail

For reference, the state university’s mascot is the Razorback (also seen on that vest), a colloquialism for wild hog. The Pig Trail is a really great series of highways that used to be the only semi-direct route to get to the university town from pretty much anywhere else in the state. It’s a very fun road to ride when it’s not clogged up with these winners parking it in the turns.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

4 ribs and 2 sides for $10?? My god.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

If I could get 4 ribs and 2 sides for $10 I'd fit right in at that table in not too long

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

If I could get 4 ribs and 2 sides for $10 I'd fit right in at that table in not too long

walk in there and yell "sooeee piiiig" during football season and you'll fit right in regardless, gut or no

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Strife posted:

I assume it's more likely that the stickers are made by people who have a narrow grasp of English, since a lot of them almost make sense.

TURN THE GAS ON, DUMMY!

I just assumed this one was about petcocks because i've been an idiot and not done this. But... given the others it seems like you're probably right.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

quote:

I almost bought a really well-kept [first gen GSX-R with less than 10k miles about 3 years ago. I think it is the only bike purchase that I regret not making. Of course, that's because I bought all the rest :lol3

But I do regret not getting that bike. It was one of the first plastic-clad "superbikes" I saw as a kid.

Whatever comes along, I'll always think of that first GSXR when I think of speed, doing dumb poo poo, and edible panties (which is almost any, if you have a strong digestive tract).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:chloe:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FBS posted:

I almost bought a really well-kept [first gen GSX-R with less than 10k miles about 3 years ago. I think it is the only bike purchase that I regret not making. Of course, that's because I bought all the rest :lol3

But I do regret not getting that bike. It was one of the first plastic-clad "superbikes" I saw as a kid.

Whatever comes along, I'll always think of that first GSXR when I think of speed, doing dumb poo poo, and edible panties (which is almost any, if you have a strong digestive tract).

didn't realize which thread this was when I clicked on it, got lulled into a false sense of security by first part of this post, and then immediately broadsided by horny boomer online

goddammit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
By ADV Dad standards that's a pretty mild post

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
^^ it's mild but it's also the quintessential advrider.txt. You start off nodding along then boom.

mods, please add support for smilies in thread titles

Ulf fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 21, 2021

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ulf posted:

mods, please add support for smilies in thread titles

Oh how I wish

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

What is 88 blend fuel?

quote:

Local Caseys gas station just did a refurb. Now they have 93-90-88-87 fuels on the pump. None are listed as e-free . Question, what is 88? The cute little gal at the counter can't answer this question. Anyone here know ?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

New forum rule: you have to sprinkle non sequitur misogyny into every technical question. Every single one. Then we can be as big as adv rider.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

New forum rule: you have to sprinkle non sequitur misogyny into every technical question. Every single one. Then we can be as big as adv rider.

That sounds kinda gay

oh sorry you said misogyny

don't get your panties in a twist

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

What is 88 blend fuel?

Desperately hoping none of the responses dipped into casual racism in addition to their typical unnecessary sexism.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

But what is heil hitler octane?

Does it provide a final solution for cold starting problems?

Maybe it makes one tank last a thousand miles?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Strife posted:

Desperately hoping none of the responses dipped into casual racism in addition to their typical unnecessary sexism.

No, just the usual poo poo. After someone pointed out it's just a different term for 15% ethanol, we get:

quote:

Don't buy that crap and stations will stop carrying it.

quote:

What is 88? In a word "poo poo". Marketed as another lie of "saving resources" and "lessening our dependency on oil". Sold as a price leader against 87 , 88 (E15), it provides even less mile per gallon than 87 (E10), so that for every 1000 miles driven or ridden means you have to buy more of it to get the same miles as whole gas.

In a pinch, it may be all right to put 88 in your fuel tank if that is the only way to get home. But NO way should you use 88 in any motorcycle engine long term.

No proof yet in the market, but the Fuel Forge system from Prometheus really looks like it could give us all the fuel we need with no corn based alcohol blending and eventually reclaiming CO2 from the atmosphere. The corn/Ethanol lobbyists will have a fit.

quote:

Exactly! It's nothing more than Big Corn's (Monsanto and Archer Daniels Midland) way of forcing more corn to the consumer.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
BIG CORN :argh:

Maybe this is a dumb question but why is ethanol bad for motorcycles? I thought if you had EFI it wouldn't matter?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It destroys certain plastics and rubbers, the kind that fuel tanks and fuel systems are often made of. It's also less power dense iirc.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

It destroys certain plastics and rubbers, the kind that fuel tanks and fuel systems are often made of. It's also less power dense iirc.

Do new bikes actually use viton where old bikes used nbr/buna or is that just me guessing?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Phy posted:

Do new bikes actually use viton where old bikes used nbr/buna or is that just me guessing?

Sample size of one, I’ve had carbs off of three bikes and only once seen what looked like ethanol gas damage but this thing had sat a loooong time and the bowl was full of gunk. My current bike has not had the carb off the whole time I’ve owned it (3 years) and had some long periods of sitting with no apparent ill effects. I always put fuel resistant rubber in when I do carb stuff.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What is 88 blend fuel?

Buddy I only use fuel that blames joe Biden for its cost

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
All these people railing against big corn probably sing a different tune when it comes to corn alcohols and corn syrup.

Slavvy posted:

Oh, I HAVE to?? You sound like my eX! :roflolmao: :boobeer:

Oh yeah and BIG CORN is how COUNTRY GIRLs make do!!!!!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slavvy posted:

We've got an 1100 Multistrada in the shop now whose plastic tank has grown like 3/4" in length. It was almost impossible to get it out when I was trying to get at the valves, I had to use crowbars wrapped in rags.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Posted in the regional discussion forum:

Who uses front brake in a turn?

OP posted:

Been reading in faceplant and a few other threads where folks are using the front brake in a turn or a curve in the road and nada is being said that you shouldn't do that. I only use a rear brake if needed to slow down going into a turn or curve, key word to slow a bit not lock up the rear wheel just slight pressure. If there's a threat yes I'm going to lock up both brakes if it's needed but generally no front brake use in a turn. I'm older ride an XT250 currently and am more conservative in my riding. Does ABS or these newer bikes like GS's or ninja type bikes change the rules on using the front brake or is just me? Curious what others do.

And then this guy

quote:

On occasions I've been sliding the front into turns with the rear wheel off the ground, letting the rear swing around, off the brakes when the bike is facing in the right direction and hard on the throttle once it's back down. If you take on liter sports bikes with a DL650 pick a downhill road with chopped up seal on the corners, no long straights and get inventive.

quote:

an incredulous person posted:

sound like a formula for a high side!
Surprisingly no. DL 650 with wide bars and with the front sliding and without the rear wheel touching the ground it's near impossible to actually high side (Loose it all and slide ignominiously down the road, oh yes). I'm firing the bike at the apex, braking very late and very hard, rear swings around, brakes come off and I'm pointing in the right direction for the exit. That trick is used in places with very broken seal and the bikes chasing me are the ones risking a high side if they take the usual sports bike high speed smooth line through the corner because grip is so erratic.

One of the reasons I stay in front is that I've been told that a DL650 looks very very wide if it does that, like having someone waving a very large baseball bat in your face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I want to know what it feels like to be so high on your own farts that you think you can slide the front on a vstrom without immediately crashing.