Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Peachfart posted:

Ever since I updated my phone(pixel 4a) yesterday, the bottom post doesn't always load all the way. Like it will either be a blank post or only the text will be there and a linked picture will be missing. A refresh temporarily fixes it but it is super weird.

Same here, it's been going on a few days. Tapping the poster's username usually loads the bottom half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm having the same thing happening, my phone is a TCL 20 Pro.

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
I thought it was just me, I've been getting the same thing for the last few days. Just earlier I tried a full app data wipe to see if that helped, but it still happens.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
FWIW I do not experience this issue on the beta in a Pixel 5.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I also am not having any issues of that nature on a Pixel 4a 5g, fully updated and on the beta.

Now what I'm not sure if bug or just no handler, but there was mention that the forums now support embedded tiktoks, but they still show as links on the app. The only video embedding option I have turned off is twitch.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had it happening last night on a Moto G7 power

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

hooah posted:

FWIW I do not experience this issue on the beta in a Pixel 5.

Ive had it a couple of times on a pixel 5

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
So it looks like spoilers don't work on unicode (is that the right term? The emojis on the phone) emojis. This is not the biggest deal in the world by far, but just wanted to put that out there.

URL here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982535&pagenumber=5&perpage=40&noseen=1&userid=0#post518628576

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

There was a WebView update about a week ago that I assume did this. To the people this happens regularly to, is it only in the default/dark themes or the other themes too?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So it looks like spoilers don't work on unicode (is that the right term? The emojis on the phone) emojis. This is not the biggest deal in the world by far, but just wanted to put that out there.

URL here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982535&pagenumber=5&perpage=40&noseen=1&userid=0#post518628576

Ugh that used to work. I even have a test case to prove it (that is now broken). Thanks Osundar.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sereri posted:

There was a WebView update about a week ago that I assume did this. To the people this happens regularly to, is it only in the default/dark themes or the other themes too?

Just happened to me for the first time, but tapping the poster's avatar area made it load the post.

I'm using the Dark Theme, but I'm gonna switch to see if it happens again.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Apparently it's in a weird nether region between SA and the AwfulApp. I had posted about it in the tech forum and Jeffrey fixed it pretty quickly, but something on the app side may still be doing it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982589&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sereri posted:

Ugh that used to work. I even have a test case to prove it (that is now broken). Thanks Osundar.

They work fine for me in OLED mode without any recent updates, but they are broken in default.
e: and no changes for either after updating.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 21, 2021

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hey there, got a 2nd phone (TCL 20 5G) and noticed that the bookmarks shows on the right side of the screen (portrait mode) with the forum's index at the left side, like it is on a tablet on landscape mode.

My other device (Oppo Find X2 Neo) and previous ones showed the bookmarked threads in a single screen then you swipe for the index or back to the last one (full screen). Any setting to change that or is it a bug?

Nevermind, it was set to default layout and it seems that Awful detects the TCL 20 5G as a tablet, changing it to phone layout fixed that :buddy:

Settings - - > Device and Navigation - - > Thread Layout

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 22, 2021

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Hello.

Is there a way to just type in a page number? Flicking that number dial to get all the way back to page 380, of a 1000+ page thread, is a pain in the backside.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Hyperlynx posted:

Hello.

Is there a way to just type in a page number? Flicking that number dial to get all the way back to page 380, of a 1000+ page thread, is a pain in the backside.

Tap the number in the dial.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

hooah posted:

Tap the number in the dial.

:doh:

Coulda sworn I tried that, but obviously not. Thanks!

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I can't make a new post, only reply to existing threads. I might just be dumb and overlooking the button but I don't see the option anywhere.

Edit: I l see that the op mentions you can't create new threads. I must be misremembering making a post from the app in the past.

Jolo fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 30, 2021

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I'm getting a weird bug when I'm on Talkback mode, which basically ruins using talkback mode in the first place

when i swipe left/right to move the selected "read this out" bit, it bugs out when entering the hidden area which it shouldn't be reading out anyway, and scrolls several pages away. Bug shown in video twice:

https://i.imgur.com/rCJyWAy.mp4

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I'm guessing this could be solved via aria-hidden attributes?

I'll see what I can do

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Sereri posted:

I'm guessing this could be solved via aria-hidden attributes?

I'll see what I can do

I have a negative zero understanding of how android interfaces work (something something XML?) and only like a .1 understanding of how that interacts with accessiblity, otherwise id try to help :eng99:

but thank u for being so responsive! It's very easy to test, i set talkback mode to be both my volume keys clicked together, and i had it in i think paragraph mode. it's just selecting something to be read out and swiping right to go to the next bit of content

another thing i noticed is that stuff before/including italics doesn't get read out, which isn't quite as bad but is still irritating

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I just started having the blank no bottom/last post thing mentioned above. I'm on a Moto G Power, Android 11, dark theme

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I'm seeing it now too on a Galaxy S20+

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Switching from dark theme to default, and back to dark, either fixed it, or else reloading pages that you've seen before loads them fully.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Did not fix, screenshot attached. Post is cut off.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774698&pagenumber=825&perpage=40&userid=0#post519168628

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Seems to always involve posts with quotes, at least that I have noticed.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Looks like the update finally is out on the beta branch. Last time the review was done in 2h, took 3 days this time. Probably the same again once it goes live for everyone.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794989&pagenumber=1051&perpage=40&userid=0#post519246290

It's near impossible to select some of the timg'd images in this post, particularly if you've accidentally expanded the ones on both sides.

It's also regularly impossible to click to reveal spoiler text that's adjacent to an image.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This is still happening to me too.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The beta update fixes it for me

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

ArcMage posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3794989&pagenumber=1051&perpage=40&userid=0#post519246290

It's near impossible to select some of the timg'd images in this post, particularly if you've accidentally expanded the ones on both sides.

It's also regularly impossible to click to reveal spoiler text that's adjacent to an image.

Hmm, it works for me, what theme are you using?

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
OLED

It's not that things don't work if I tap them, it's that images appear to be taking taps from well outside their displayed boundaries.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I can't seem to highlight text and Google search it in the app anymore. I don't know if I messed up a system setting or something maybe? I used that function a lot

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aardvark! posted:

I can't seem to highlight text and Google search it in the app anymore. I don't know if I messed up a system setting or something maybe? I used that function a lot

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I can select text but my only options are now Copy/Share/Select all.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

YggiDee posted:

I can select text but my only options are now Copy/Share/Select all.

:yossame:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This is what I see

Is the app doing this, or the OS? I really don't know

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I still have the option for web search, pixel 3a running android 11. Awful 3.8.3, non beta.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008

I'm on a 3a on Android 12 on Awful 3.8.7 and mine is missing too.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Maybe an android 12 thing, web search isn't there on my pixel 6 with whatever the up to date awful.apk is on the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I think that's a Google keyboard issue

Edit: whoops, now it's happening to me too when I updated Awful and some android stuff like webview and private compute services on the app store. Pixel 6 on Android 12

pnumoman fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 16, 2021