Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, it's one of those "just do the obvious thing" ideas that would actually work rather than feel tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm impressed that - based on reviews I've read - he managed to make a movie worse than the 2016 one.

That’s because the 2016 isn’t actually a bad film. It’s more like it’s just there trying to be carried by two really good performances.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shageletic posted:

It's such a mordant, funny idea. Blue collar comedy thru the prism of high concept hijinks.

My take on it would be just a regular sequel to the original movies, and what would naturally happen after a couple decades. Crews of ghostbusting crews working in NYC in what is now seen as a very common profession, ghosts being akin to rats and other vermin. And one group trying to make a name for themselves (maybe some of them just trying to get thru the day, like Ernie in the earlier movies). Then something super weird and super big interrupts them to catastrophic and funny results.

It's not that hard! For a SA poo poo post!

gig economy ghost busting crews trying to unionize and realize capitalism is worse than ghosts

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LionArcher posted:

That’s because the 2016 isn’t actually a bad film. It’s more like it’s just there trying to be carried by two really good performances.

It's very bad.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

gig economy ghost busting crews trying to unionize and realize capitalism is worse than ghosts

lol, right?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
poo poo someone brought it up somewhere else but Bruce Campbell was right there to play Sully :negative:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New Michael Bay coming up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NU-STboFeI

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's very bad.

I disagree.

There. That settles that.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Nobody does cop/army worship with the level of absolute dumbest sincerity that Bay does

looks great :sickos:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

Nobody does cop/army worship with the level of absolute dumbest sincerity that Bay does

looks great :sickos:

And Gyllenhaal playing an unhinged charming rear end in a top hat? So in!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

oh that's the movie that had Bay almost killing several stunt ppl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwUZlxYpsg

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Looks like John Q by way of Heat. I’m in. I wish Bay hadn’t wasted a decade of his on transformers.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

That is one hot paramedic.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

poo poo someone brought it up somewhere else but Bruce Campbell was right there to play Sully :negative:

Yeah but only dorks care about Bruce Campbell

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Such absurd camera movement in this, Bay has reached another level

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Speaking as someone with 8 Uncharted platinum trophies, that movie looks like absolute dogshit. Also, weirdly cheap looking and artificial in both the props, sets, and visual effects.

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's very bad.

I really liked the 2016 Ghostbusters, have watched it more than once. It should have been made with a quarter of the budget, but I had a good time with it. I know I'm in a minority here though, just feel compelled to mention it now and then to let people know GB2016 likers do exist.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Michael Bay films, where every hour is magic hour

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

uncharted looks fun, but tom holland just isn't a very good nathan drake. I think this movie is probably going to end up ok but still disappoint by way of expectation setting in the wrong direction.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah but only dorks care about Bruce Campbell

As opposed to those who care about Uncharted, they are absolutely not dorky in any way

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Jerkface posted:

uncharted looks fun, but tom holland just isn't a very good nathan drake. I think this movie is probably going to end up ok but still disappoint by way of expectation setting in the wrong direction.

That's the thing with this, slap a different title on it and suddenly it looks a lot more appealing. As a thing that's trying to bring in the Uncharted fans, it makes no sense.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Antony Starr should be nathan drake

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Parkingtigers posted:

I really liked the 2016 Ghostbusters, have watched it more than once. It should have been made with a quarter of the budget, but I had a good time with it. I know I'm in a minority here though, just feel compelled to mention it now and then to let people know GB2016 likers do exist.

I know they exist otherwise SNL wouldn't have an audience.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bows1 posted:

Such absurd camera movement in this, Bay has reached another level

As it went "THIS FEBRUARY", at 1:20, I think that's a drone shot. He's surpassed his limits.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Groovelord Neato posted:

I know they exist otherwise SNL wouldn't have an audience.

And yet weirdly, I also despise every clip of SNL I have ever had placed in front of me. It would make so much more sense if I were a liker of both things. So much more sense.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jerkface posted:

Antony Starr should be nathan drake

That would have been way better.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I could deal with Tom Holland, it's certainly a strange choice but maybe there's an interesting take there, but hard pass on Wahlberg. Just so sick of his face

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
It's also not a good sign they seem to be going with a bunch of story from Uncharted 4, which was the worst of the games.

And if you haven't played them that game starts in media res with a flash forward, then a long extended flashback, then a long slow opening containing another flashback with a fake death, then another long flashback... and then you get to start playing the game. It's a loving mess. Sure, use that as the basis for your movie.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ror posted:

I love you Tom Holland, but I'm sorry, you can't pull off grown-rear end man yet. Or if you can I haven't seen it on screen.

Maybe let him have some stubble or something.

It's like Emilia Clarke playing Sarah Connor in that awful Terminator film that got thankfully retconned out of canon.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Colonel Whitey posted:

That's the thing with this, slap a different title on it and suddenly it looks a lot more appealing. As a thing that's trying to bring in the Uncharted fans, it makes no sense.

They're not trying to bring in Uncharted fans, they already have your money. They're trying to bring in everybody else who has no idea what Uncharted is but have seen the Spider-Man and Avengers movies.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Human Tornada posted:

They're not trying to bring in Uncharted fans, they already have your money. They're trying to bring in everybody else who has no idea what Uncharted is but have seen the Spider-Man and Avengers movies.

I'm not an Uncharted fan. Never played one of the games. I am a Holland Spider-Man fan. This trailer did absolutely nothing for me.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Human Tornada posted:

Then why is it called Uncharted?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

if you haven't played them that game starts in media res with a flash forward, then a long extended flashback, then a long slow opening containing another flashback with a fake death, then another long flashback... and then you get to start playing the game. It's a loving mess. Sure, use that as the basis for your movie.

You may want to sit down for this.

You were playing the game all along.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

thrawn527 posted:

I'm not an Uncharted fan. Never played one of the games. I am a Holland Spider-Man fan. This trailer did absolutely nothing for me.

The key word I used here was trying.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Then why is it called Uncharted?

Because they want to bring in the Uncharted fans? Movie studios base movies on existing properties because they think that gives them a built-in audience, for example fans of the Uncharted games would be more likely to check out the Uncharted movie than they would "Tom Holland starring in the Hot Treasure Hunter".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ror posted:

I love you Tom Holland, but I'm sorry, you can't pull off grown-rear end man yet. Or if you can I haven't seen it on screen.

Maybe let him have some stubble or something.

He’s playing a kid version of Nathan drake

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

*hugs guy in a garage full of $100k cars*
"I need a loan of $231k for my wife's surgery"
"Ok, lets rob a bank!"
"WHAT THE gently caress ROB A BANK, loving CRAZY! JUST GIVE ME TWO OF THOSE CARS YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT NEED PLEASE!?""

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Wahlberg's hair.
Don't give a poo poo that Sully in the game had grey hair, its Wahlberg having a darker black than Holland's.
It's the subconscious 'that doesn't look right' that make you think somethings wrong but you just can't place it.
Banderas' hair looks fine, it looks natural.
Wahlberg looks like he just shoe polished it moments before.
Trying that Tom Cruise forever young effect and failing.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 22, 2021

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Human Tornada posted:

Because they want to bring in the Uncharted fans?

This is exactly what I said and then you said they’re not trying to bring in Uncharted fans. Now you’re saying they’re trying to bring in uncharted fans. Are you trying to give me a migraine :psyboom:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Human Tornada posted:

The only thing I know from uncharted is that Sully has white hair and Whalberg does not have white hair in the trailer so I am confused. Also I love Tom Holland but he looks like he is 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I will not be seeing that worthless Uncharted movie.

It has red flags everywhere.