Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Prof. Crocodile posted:

also good morning gag whenever you see this. I hope you are doing well, and want you to know that I was thinking about you and sending you good vibes today.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Tomorrow

Congratulations buddy you did it

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

Tomorrow

drat, tomorrow is gonna rule

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Tomorrow

Wow!

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I used to love pot, and I still enjoy GETTING high, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve stopped enjoying BEING high. honestly I don’t even drink much anymore. I’m like 5,000 posts behind in trashed crew :negative:

I used to smoke until I could just sit and be idle. I hate that poo poo now. I don't mind alil bit of edibles and a couple tall cans late in the day, but I don't wanna be 'high' I want to just have a nice buzz for the bit of the day I'm done having to really do anything. For some reason a fifth of whisky doesn't gently caress with my thinking, but a couple hits from a joint(it's been years now) would gently caress my head up.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mormon Nailer posted:

Tomorrow

I know how I'll be celebrating.

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i made nut milk today

Heather Papps

hello friend

body chemistry is very weird and individual. i'm pretty certain that my marijuana use is self medicating my biploar or something while also still being recreational. i have a bunch of very close friends who react very poorly to marijuana but in my experience it's been nothing but helpful.

i used to live with a girl who was a first gen korean immigrant, and she introduced me to weed which isn't the point here. she would, if she drank certain types of alcohol, get a really intense what she described as "korean flush" which i guess was the result of her individual biochemistry being very different from mine. her face would get mega red and she would describe being very hot.

bodies - these things are loving crazy. have you heard about this: babies - they have no teeth, then small teeth, and then when they are bigger their small teeth shoot out of their dang faces as the big ones shove in.

unbelievable

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

French Accent

Mormon Nailer posted:

Tomorrow

gonna enjoy some trail mix tomorrow

Heather Papps

hello friend

aldantefax posted:

i made nut milk today

:nice: what kind?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

alnilam

nut
milk
bag

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

sweetened almond cashew, and then cheese cloth strain

nesamdoom
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Heather Papps posted:

body chemistry is very weird and individual. i'm pretty certain that my marijuana use is self medicating my biploar or something while also still being recreational. i have a bunch of very close friends who react very poorly to marijuana but in my experience it's been nothing but helpful.

bodies - these things are loving crazy. have you heard about this: babies - they have no teeth, then small teeth, and then when they are bigger their small teeth shoot out of their dang faces as the big ones shove in.

unbelievable

Very much. I run well on a small bit of booze all the time, but my brother doesn't do well with drinking, although he does well smoking and goes about his day doing the poo poo he needs when it'd loving send me to nap if I had a decent cookie. Both might have some to do with how we both have avoided the thing we don't do well with, but I suppose if we had done well with it we'd have not chosen to stop. Brain chemistry is a big factor too, lots of other pills and drugs hosed me up way different than other people.

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

i used to live with a girl who was a first gen korean immigrant, and she introduced me to weed which isn't the point here. she would, if she drank certain types of alcohol, get a really intense what she described as "korean flush" which i guess was the result of her individual biochemistry being very different from mine. her face would get mega red and she would describe being very hot.

unbelievable

A lot of people I know here, especially women, don't drink because of "Asian flush".

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

A lot of people I know here, especially women, don't drink because of "Asian flush".

I wonder if anybody's made, like, a map of how common a complaint this is, because I have heard that in Sibera, there is a whole lot of drinking. Maybe they just don't care up there.

Finger Prince

some east asian people don't have the right liver enzymes so alcohol really fucks them up. I mean, some other people probably also don't, but it's pretty common (common? a thing anyway) among that ethnic group. It's like lactose intolerance. Some people are just made that way.
:biotruths:

cruft

We're driving to Wyoming tomorrow.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

cruft posted:

We're driving to Wyoming tomorrow.

Why?

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

I wonder if anybody's made, like, a map of how common a complaint this is, because I have heard that in Sibera, there is a whole lot of drinking. Maybe they just don't care up there.

Finger Prince posted:

some east asian people don't have the right liver enzymes so alcohol really fucks them up. I mean, some other people probably also don't, but it's pretty common (common? a thing anyway) among that ethnic group. It's like lactose intolerance. Some people are just made that way.
:biotruths:

Yeah, FP is right. It can be an outward sign that they can't really handle their liquor. My mom is the same way and her family is pretty much entirely eastern European.

IME some people also really limit their drinking because they don't like getting red. I guess I always assumed it was a self-conscious thing, but it may also be generally uncomfortable. I've known others who will drink anyways because I guess for them the benefits outweigh the issues?

BoldFrankensteinMir

Why not?

Sig by Heather Papps

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Whyoming? :iiam:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Alec Baldwin killed someone tonight.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Viginti Septem posted:

Holy poo poo. Usually cinematographers shoot actors, not the other way around.

Yeah, FP is right. It can be an outward sign that they can't really handle their liquor. My mom is the same way and her family is pretty much entirely eastern European.

IME some people also really limit their drinking because they don't like getting red. I guess I always assumed it was a self-conscious thing, but it may also be generally uncomfortable. I've known others who will drink anyways because I guess for them the benefits outweigh the issues?

I remember in school I took a science ethics class where we talked about alcohol flush in a discussion about genetic therapies, it's actually a really intriguing argument. So aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 deficiency, which is what causes it, is associated both with higher rates of esophageal cancer but also with lower rates of alcoholism, which makes sense because if drinking makes you physically ill your motivation to do so is probably reduced. So it's a genetic difference that has detriments but also, debatably, benefits, and it is strongly correlated to ethnicity.

So, imagine that a genetic treatment for aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 deficiency comes around. The number of ethical considerations associated with such a thing is daunting: is casual drinking something worth the extreme medical intervention of genetic recoding? What about lowering cancer rates? What about raising alcoholism rates? Also, does merely calling it a "deficiency" send the message that caucasian people who mostly have both isozymes are 'correct' genetically and East Asian people are "incorrect"? What is the "correct" amount of recreational drinking? What is the "correct" risk for cancer, weighed against the right to recreational drinking? It just gets deeper and deeper until you have to start talking about what exactly "medicine" and "illness" and "health" are, and the answers we have to those questions are very far from perfect.

Clarence Darrow posted:

On the basis of what biological principles, and by what psychological hocus-pocus one reaches the conclusion that the ability to read intelligently denotes a good germ-plasm and desirable citizens I cannot say

Sig by Heather Papps

Finger Prince

Yeah, my mom never drinks, but give her half a glass (or a whole one, God save us!) of wine at Christmas and fuckin watch out! She's hilarious. Just trashed. And she's polish so that doesn't make any drat sense. I've gone to catholic life events for kids where there's a banquet after and a bottle of vodka on each table where normally you'd find wine? Except it's like lunchtime on a Sunday.

(actually in her case it could be all down to postwar nutrient deficiency, which explains a whole lot of her other health issues now she's old)

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 22, 2021

Escape From Noise

My mom drank like half a beer with me once and got really goofy.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Viginti Septem posted:

This happened on the set of a movie where Alec Baldwin plays the grandfather of a teenager who gets convicted for accidental murder :shepface:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Rarity posted:

This happened on the set of a movie where Alec Baldwin plays the grandfather of a teenager who gets convicted for accidental murder :shepface:

Man, art mirroring real life stuff just got real.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
GaG I was kinda too busy dealing with my own poo poo to say it but I'm sorry you've been hit by the COVID stick, sending all my love and butts your way! Look after yourself!

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Goons Are Gifts

hello hi thank you I'm surprisingly alive but things are going Not Too Amazing over here because my body seems to playing I'm Bad At My Job version #223 again
Over the past few days alone the virus stole the meat and weight I've gained and I'm still looking where he took it because I'm sure he's hidden it somewhere

Anyways my doctors say they are quite concerned because this is sabotaging my recovery in an unexpected bad way and now I am so mad about it that I waged war on coupons leading to Dr eldarion retiring, what have I doneeeeee

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Ghosts And Ghouls posted:

Anyways my doctors say they are quite concerned because this is sabotaging my recovery in an unexpected bad way and now I am so mad about it that I waged war on coupons leading to Dr eldarion retiring, what have I doneeeeee

An honorable service :hai:

But for reals please be safe I love you and I love your posting :love:

Goons Are Gifts

I hope us all touching the Rarity square came through, I was told there was a lot of traffic on the friendship road

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I felt overwhelmed by the power of BYOB :vince:

Stoner Sloth

Rarity posted:

An honorable service :hai:

But for reals please be safe I love you and I love your posting :love:

:haibrower:

Stoner Sloth

I hope us all touching the Rarity square came through, I was told there was a lot of traffic on the friendship road

sounds like time to touch the Ghosts And Ghouls square which is halloween as well as friendship appropriate!!

in the meantime sending you extra positive and chill vibes :wom: :wom: :wom:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hello hi thank you I'm surprisingly alive but things are going Not Too Amazing over here because my body seems to playing I'm Bad At My Job version #223 again
Over the past few days alone the virus stole the meat and weight I've gained and I'm still looking where he took it because I'm sure he's hidden it somewhere

gently caress I am sorry; are they going to keep you in hospital again? If so are they gonna pump you full of nut butters and basically all of the mousse cups you can eat? You cannot afford to lose more of your meats, you are a waif.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Donating my throat meat to GaG

Dukes Mayo Clinic
From those with excess meat, to those with a meat deficit. Nature is beautiful.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

To each according to their need!!!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Just a reminder that today is National Nut Day in the US, in which we celebrate our beloved friend nut, who is Canadian, by having a holiday dedicated to him.

When you surprise nut with the news that you're celebrating him today, it's called "busting a nut."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

If someone helps you put on your costume to dress up as our friend nut, don't forget to thank them for making you nut.