Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Dragonstoned posted:

Wonder if her patron gonna be Vecna

Wait....what if her patron is Vax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Mage_Boy posted:

Now that's an interesting angle.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Critical Role... at night!

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

It's funny, this is similar to one of my D&D character's origin story. My whole backstory as a cleric of Mystra was to become famous enough to gain entrance to Candlekeep.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
This new set is amazing.

Mage_Boy posted:

I doubt the Raven Queen would be okay with her Champion running around as a Patron of Undeath, since that's a major 'no' for her.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I love Bertrand so much

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

travis i love you

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
If Orym leaves I hope Liam's character is an Artificer.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Of all the characters, I feel like Bertrand Bell has to be the fakeout.

Hanno
May 2, 2007
Ultisnecious

Malpais Legate posted:

Of all the characters, I feel like Bertrand Bell has to be the fakeout.

I'd prefer Orym

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
I just remembered some people are watching this premiere in theaters. I hope they enjoyed Sam's gagging noises.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh god what is about to happen

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Dude is going to be vampire or some poo poo.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

This is where Bertrand Bell is heinously murdered and the real plot begins.

DaiJiaTeng
Oct 26, 2010
If Robbie stays, I really hope that constant performance failures become a thing.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Critical Role Campaign 3: Fighting Furniture and Silver Foxes Only

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Well, let's see where this is goin'. I still think that Bertrand and the EXU folk aren't going to stick around for long.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Join us next Thursday, when we find out...

What is Est of (Lord) Esteros?

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Yea I'm not sure about the EXU folks but ole Bertie doesn't feel like Travis' actual character for the whole campaign.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Teddybear posted:

Well, let's see where this is goin'. I still think that Bertrand and the EXU folk aren't going to stick around for long.

Honestly, it could be an indicator that the whole cast will be fluid. Some of the new PCs might cycle in and out, guest stars could be more common and stay for longer....it could be closer to the LA by Night model where there's a huge cast and only some of the main players are in any given episode. :shrug:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It also wouldn't shock me if like in 2022 EXU comes back and airs on the off Thursday. And this is a method to like ingratiate it or set up what they do.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

jng2058 posted:

Honestly, it could be an indicator that the whole cast will be fluid. Some of the new PCs might cycle in and out, guest stars could be more common and stay for longer....it could be closer to the LA by Night model where there's a huge cast and only some of the main players are in any given episode. :shrug:

A lot of spinning wheels would also explain the need for the DM to take a week off every month to get things prepared.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Joey McChrist posted:

Critical Role Campaign 3: Fighting Furniture and Silver Foxes Only

OnlySilverFoxes.com

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

The theater experience was much nicer and less pungent than I expected. Not saying I would do it every week but with the pre-recorded shows they should have some knowledge of when big events are happening. I would do it a few more times.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I've got to say, out of the cast so far, FCG and Ashton are my favorites, feels like a really fun dynamic between the two of them.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ChaosReaper posted:

Yea I'm not sure about the EXU folks but ole Bertie doesn't feel like Travis' actual character for the whole campaign.

Yeah it feels a little too weird to add in a guy who's 2 levels higher, 50-60 years older (with quite the history), and already has some decent magic swag to a party of level 3 newbies.

Now the EXU folks could just be on for an arc and swap around so that (most) of them get some screen time, but Bertrand feels like he's getting retired next episode once everyone gets assigned their first task.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

wokow6 posted:

I've got to say, out of the cast so far, FCG and Ashton are my favorites, feels like a really fun dynamic between the two of them.

I'm always a fan of the super friendly happy character and the foul language ornery partner who hangs out/puts up with them cause they're friends, so they're definitely my favorites of the fully new group so far as well. :allears:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

cant wait for a robot named pussy to save the team 50 episodes from now

gently caress, I wasnt sold on bertrand when first introduced but gently caress now i hope he sticks around the entire time, travis is amazing

queeb fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 22, 2021

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

jng2058 posted:

I’m wondering this too, if they may be more freely cycling characters in and out. Conceptually very cool but I imagine if they did this it would be much more challenging to provide satisfying time and arcs for all the characters (not to mention fans get so attached to particular characters that I could see this generating some backlash).

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

TotalHell posted:

I’m wondering this too, if they may be more freely cycling characters in and out. Conceptually very cool but I imagine if they did this it would be much more challenging to provide satisfying time and arcs for all the characters (not to mention fans get so attached to particular characters that I could see this generating some backlash).

Any change they make will generate backlash :shrug:

After considering it overnight, I'll be using the pre-Robbie table for seating order and will be counting Bertrand and the EXU characters as the ones for this contest. Winners up shortly!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
It seems like my prediction of guest characters mixed with the main cast was right lol

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

One indication of how big crit role is now is that at my theater the show was sold out, and was in multiple auditoriums.

Some nerdy-rear end voice actors playing D&D probably sold near as many tickets as the premiere of Dune. At least in this particular theater.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
A hearty congratulations are in order for our winner! Dimolep rode Fearne (is that insensitive to a Satyr?) to victory with 4 correct predictions out of a possible 13 (with Marisha's race remaining a mystery at this point, far as I can tell?). In second, there was a 5 way tie with 3 correct predictions. As nobody guessed Halfling (or construct?) for Matt's first NPC, the tiebreaker went to seating order, where lemonadesweetheart was just a hair better than Flakey, TheOdd1, Hulk Smash!, and jng2058. Please note that with seating order, I counted the rightmost seat as correct regardless of if it were 3rd or 4th on the table. Hearty loving condolences to HulkSmash! who had the correct cast member pairings but on the wrong screens (and only partially correct in the order). Our winner for seating predictions was Bankok who was literally perfect but for Laura:
Travis, Laura, Marisha, Sam
Ashley, Liam, Taliesin

If you have PMs, please PM me to claim your avcerts. If you do not have PMs, please email me at mightyneinvoxmachina(at)gmail and include your prediction for Tal's race in the subject line.

A hearty thank you to 29 of you for participating and a healthy :raise: to the admin who tried to win an avcert that they don't even need smdh

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

The theater nearest me was sold out except for a few in the front for SIX screens. (I wasn’t there but I checked it.)

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
If the first episode is any indication, I feel like this is going to be a banger of a campaign. Maybe it's just that new car scent but I'm already feeling into this more than I did C2 or even C1. I like them pulling from EXU, I like good ol' Sir Bell coming back, and I really like the fact they are starting in a large city as opposed to a small hamlet somewhere. I really hope that the first part of the campaign will be urban focused and they stick around the city so we can get to know it better. I never really got the sense of any of the big cities in C2, not like I did Emon or Whitestone.

I'm really hyped for the rest of the story!

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Lucas Archer posted:

If the first episode is any indication, I feel like this is going to be a banger of a campaign. Maybe it's just that new car scent but I'm already feeling into this more than I did C2 or even C1. I like them pulling from EXU, I like good ol' Sir Bell coming back, and I really like the fact they are starting in a large city as opposed to a small hamlet somewhere. I really hope that the first part of the campaign will be urban focused and they stick around the city so we can get to know it better. I never really got the sense of any of the big cities in C2, not like I did Emon or Whitestone.

I'm really hyped for the rest of the story!

Same. It wasn’t nearly as awkward at first besides some Sir Bell railroading, it flowed well, they seem pretty in character already. I’m more hyped after the episode than I was before it.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

A hearty congratulations are in order for our winner! Dimolep rode Fearne (is that insensitive to a Satyr?) to victory with 4 correct predictions out of a possible 13 (with Marisha's race remaining a mystery at this point, far as I can tell?). In second, there was a 5 way tie with 3 correct predictions. As nobody guessed Halfling (or construct?) for Matt's first NPC, the tiebreaker went to seating order, where lemonadesweetheart was just a hair better than Flakey, TheOdd1, Hulk Smash!, and jng2058. Please note that with seating order, I counted the rightmost seat as correct regardless of if it were 3rd or 4th on the table. Hearty loving condolences to HulkSmash! who had the correct cast member pairings but on the wrong screens (and only partially correct in the order). Our winner for seating predictions was Bankok who was literally perfect but for Laura:
Travis, Laura, Marisha, Sam
Ashley, Liam, Taliesin

If you have PMs, please PM me to claim your avcerts. If you do not have PMs, please email me at mightyneinvoxmachina(at)gmail and include your prediction for Tal's race in the subject line.

A hearty thank you to 29 of you for participating and a healthy :raise: to the admin who tried to win an avcert that they don't even need smdh

Hey Paracaidas, if I won something (and I'm not sure I did) you can give it to HulkSmash! (because of the seating thing) I only did it for a lark and have no intention of changing my av in the forseeable. I love you though.

FlavoFibe
Nov 9, 2015
That was great, I forgot all about Bertrand but them remembered how much I love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Bertrand falling asleep mid convo with Orym was perfect. I just love Travis’ old man characters.