Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Wizard Master posted:

This isn’t 2004-edgelord GBS guys, this is a terrible situation for everyone involved and you don’t have to feel like you need to make a joke about every situation.

Okay but the other side of the argument is

which: lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Hell Yeah posted:

alec baldwin hasn't done anything good since glengarry glen ross.

30 Rock was decent.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

30 rock was awesome and he was hilarious in it

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

*head emerges from garbage can* well we kniw he is deranged, look and what he has said about our greatest president.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
so sad this happened to Alec, who will provide for his many failbros now??

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Schweinhund posted:

And he made Blues Brothers 2000.

His most heinous crime

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

What in the hell, what insane news, I really wonder how it was possible to happen considering how many laws and just internal studio rules there are around using anything even resembling a gun on the set.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
In hindsight it was a mistake to call the process of capturing someone on film "shooting". It was only a matter of time before an actor would fire back.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Stop laughing alec its not funny

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Palpek posted:

What in the hell, what insane news, I really wonder how it was possible to happen considering how many laws and just internal studio rules there are around using anything even resembling a gun on the set.
There are lots of safety rules, especially involving weapons on set, but all those rely entirely on trusting that the (licensed) armory person does their job correctly. Even those safety rules are sometimes applied very creatively too. Mostly it just boils down to a thick plastic sheet in front of the camera and actors holding up the gun in the air after each take until they are gathered and safetied by the armorer.

It sucks cause I knew Halyna and have worked with Alec so I'm more than a little gutted by all this. We've been trying for years to make filmmaking safer but fighting a studio system that always wants more for less and faster is a difficult fight. Using real guns has always been just asking for problems and in these days of cheap CG it really shouldn't be done anymore at all. Sorry if I'm rambling a bit, I'm just pissed about the whole thing

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Now they'll never get a shot at Oscars

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

drat, imagine waking up yesterday morning, eager to get on set of the new Alec Baldwin movie and showing up for a job that you admire and respect.

Next thing you know, you’ve somehow wound up in the waiting room for the recently deceased with a guy that has a chicken bone stuck in his throat and a woman sawed in half at the waist, wondering how you got there and why you have a number in your hand.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
heard Alec was quite the rear end in a top hat in hollywood, no surprise

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i heard he shot 2 people intentionally because he didn't want to do another take

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

can't remember where i heard that tho, may be misremembering

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I’m scared Alec Baldwin will shoot me

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

A Baldwin has drawn blood! The Reckoning has begun!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

*head emerges from garbage can* well we kniw he is deranged, look and what he has said about our greatest president.

Oh God you're gonna summon him why would you do this!!!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

E: Beaten in my disgust

Can't believe he's doubled over with laughter

That's hosed up, Alec

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Alec to shoot my coworkers

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

More like Alec BaldLOSE

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Oh God you're gonna summon him why would you do this!!!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hopefully this will get him to stop his trump impersonations

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1451481865303494658?t=WgUXFtSexzRnGW54X2ggug&s=19

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Still half as many fatal victims as Matthew Broderick

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Deleted already.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

davecrazy posted:

Deleted already.

Data Graham posted:

Holy poo poo I hope someone screenshotted that. Unreal

What's weird is that he had it up for like eight hours and just now decided to delete it. He wasn't even getting ratioed or anything.

Anyway here's a screen shot since I still have Twitter open

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

interesting definition of letting it rest

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Blooster posted:

What's weird is that he had it up for like eight hours and just now decided to delete it. He wasn't even getting ratioed or anything.

Worthless rear end PoS

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ah, so he's running for president.

good to know early

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

poo poo sucks, I wonder how this will affect IATSE negotiations, if at all? Could they leverage the story to get more safety protections be put in place?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

If the roles had been reversed, Alec Baldwin would have been shot by the DP and director

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I see Alec Baldwin is an ant enthusiast too, good for him!

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

If Alec Baldwin had been shot dead yesterday, he would now be calling for the shooter to get the electric chair. Sure, Eric, makes sense.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Ventral EggSac posted:

poo poo sucks, I wonder how this will affect IATSE negotiations, if at all? Could they leverage the story to get more safety protections be put in place?

For the most part IATSE has reached a deal, and all that's left is the paperwork. However, there are some areas that haven't completed negotiations. Relevant quote...

quote:

Negotiations continue for those who work under the similar Area Standards Agreement and belong to IATSE local unions in major production hubs such as New Mexico, New York, Illinois, Georgia and Louisiana.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Blooster posted:

If the roles had been reversed, no one would watch a movie starting Eric Trump

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

LanceHunter posted:

For the most part IATSE has reached a deal, and all that's left is the paperwork. However, there are some areas that haven't completed negotiations. Relevant quote...

Thanks

Mysterious Jim
Sep 7, 2021
I’m here from Smith and Wesson. And I’m here on a mission of mercy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

if there'd been a good Baldwin with a gun this wouldn't have happened.