Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The queen spent the night in the hospital. My god.

Please give us a xomvie queen Elizabeth in a car picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The Queen will soon be a beautiful ghost queen. English ancestor worship starts soon.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

The queen spent the night in the hospital. My god.

Please give us a xomvie queen Elizabeth in a car picture

in hospital, pleb

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Southpaugh posted:

The Queen will soon be a beautiful ghost queen. English ancestor worship starts soon.

Haunted country

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

owned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

happyhippy posted:

Christmas Day, no turkey for 90% the country, and Charles first speech.

father in heaven, please

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i say swears online posted:

father in heaven, please

“My loyal subjects……..

…….

……

uhh check out my sausage fingers”

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
how many days of bank holiday do we get if the queen dies

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

0, apparently

No Dignity has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Oct 22, 2021

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

multijoe posted:

0, apparebtly

ah well in that case let’s hope she makes it to June I want the four day weekend

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

jeremy corbyn made it so we actually have to work the following weekend too

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The queen's death will be followed by seven days of nonstop public mourning enforced by martial law on penalty of death, then a pre-recorded video will play of her last will and testament to be detonating the nukes in all British territories, which Boris will hit the button for while furiously wanking with the other hand

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Southpaugh posted:

The funniest possible result is the queen dies and instead of coronating Charles they just stick her corpse on the throne forever

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Would love to be a fly on the wall when the wrangling starts over whether it's Charles or Wills who gets to wear the crown next lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

some plague rats posted:

The funniest possible result is the queen dies and instead of coronating Charles they just stick her corpse on the throne forever

In the grim darkness of the far future etc

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I am convinced her desire to outlive Charles is a big part for her still going like she is.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
All queen-headed money immediately becomes worthless. What will happen to the stamps. Has anyone considered the stamps

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
terfs gonna get real mad at having to learn a new pronoun for hrh

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
XRH

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
it's going to be so empowering when we have our first nonbinary monarch vetoing transparency, green, and racial discrimination laws from applying to them

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ah yes, the Extinction Rebellion Highness

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i wonder if they will skip charles and go straight to william

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Can't skip charles - not how the monarchy works. He'd have to abdicate and hes not doing that.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jel Shaker posted:

i wonder if they will skip charles and go straight to william

Assuming he outlives Brenda, he will become king the instant she dies (faster than light transmission of monarchy*) and would then need to abdicate if he did not want to be king, which I guess he could do within a couple of seconds (I don't know what process is needed to abdicate) at which point William would succeed by the instantaneous transmission of monarchy. I don't know how much pressure Charles could be put under to abdicate if he doesn't want to.

Edward VIIIth is so far the shortest lived monarch in the UK since at least 1700 at 326 days. Lady Jane Grey was shorter at 9 days in 1553.

*Terry Pratchett

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
why would he abdicate? he’ll be dead soon too. he’s in terrible health compared to his mother iirc

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The ghost of Di is waiting

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I don’t know how it works but it seems likely andrew will be the next king, just to remind everyone that hey, gently caress you

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Pryor on Fire posted:

I don’t know how it works but it seems likely andrew will be the next king, just to remind everyone that hey, gently caress you
Pretty much impossible. The line of succession hits all Charles', William's and Harry's offspring before him.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
If she's got any decency, she'll kick it in the next 12 hours or so: be perfect timing for the Sunday papers to get their special supplements printed up.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
the LGB (note the lack of T) alliance conference is happening yesterday/today and the discourse around it is awful

https://i.imgur.com/GdUHfXe.png

e: or Q, or in fact A, I, or + you're right sorry

gonadic io has issued a correction as of 14:27 on Oct 22, 2021

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Pistol_Pete posted:

If she's got any decency, she'll kick it in the next 12 hours or so: be perfect timing for the Sunday papers to get their special supplements printed up.

Sadly we'll never see the likes of this again

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

CoolCab posted:

why would he abdicate? he’ll be dead soon too. he’s in terrible health compared to his mother iirc

Might have to jump from the London Tower in grief if his polls don't improve imo.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

genericnick posted:

Might have to jump from the London Tower in grief if his polls don't improve imo.

He's pressing the "avoid tunnels" button on his satnav right now

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gonadic io posted:

the LGB (note the lack of T) alliance conference is happening yesterday/today and the discourse around it is awful

https://i.imgur.com/GdUHfXe.png

Also lacking the Q! Queer of course is defined as an LGB person who doesnt think their org is doing anything for LGB people by focusing like a laser on allying with right wingers to destroy the T part

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The reason the queen is in poor health is because I gave her the stone cold stunner and she did a full backflip like the rock.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
please respect The Queen of Canada thank you very much

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Didn't British transphobes recently start saying that Sir Terry Pratchett would have agreed with their stance that trans-women are a danger. Which especially galling because Pratchett is loving dead and can't tell them to gently caress off.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

An insane mind posted:

Didn't British transphobes recently start saying that Sir Terry Pratchett would have agreed with their stance that trans-women are a danger. Which especially galling because Pratchett is loving dead and can't tell them to gently caress off.

I believe they've mostly stopped saying this after being so categorically refuted with various quotes from his, his close friends, and his daughter, and they have margaret atwood fully alive now anyway.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

gonadic io posted:

I believe they've mostly stopped saying this after being so categorically refuted with various quotes from his, his close friends, and his daughter, and they have margaret atwood fully alive now anyway.

Yeah probably, it just made me so angry qt the time it's still causing flareups. Should have known his daughter would be on that poo poo. She's fantastic.

E- what pissed me off even more where the both sides articles because at the start of his career he'd made some short sighted jokes. Oh we can't say he would have agreed with transactivists because he made a joke or two before he adjusted his views (which if I remember correctly even happened because fans who identify as trans educated him). The dead should be left alone but to both sides this poo poo is disingenuous.

An insane mind has issued a correction as of 16:25 on Oct 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

forkboy84 posted:

I think it's more that they were progressive but in a very limited way. And society moved on while they stayed where they were. And at some point became obsessed with the idea that the trans agenda is to make butch lesbians think they are men for...reasons no one has really articulated.

TL;DR old middle class white women have no concept of solidarity, probably because they are old, middle class & white.

The grief they give, for example, younger radical feminists who are very much pro trans rights, is a good example that the problem isn't with feminism. Hell, Angela Davies was attacking 2nd wave feminists for being dogshit when it came to black & Hispanic women, their lack of intersectionality is hardly a new observation.

Pretty much this I think, as someone of that age/gender/race. Some of us have learned a bit over the years, but the loudest ones are all high on farts and righteousness and don't give a poo poo about anyone else's oppression.