Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

From left to right: Corbin, Lesnar, Benjamin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
livin it up at the hyatt regency

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The WWE has gone too far.

https://streamja.com/05RBG

They changed Sami's entrance music.

THOSE BASTARDS TOOK HIS SKA.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nice

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
My unbiased review of the belt exchange:

It was a belt exchange. It was very belt exchangey. Would not recommend.

On a serious note, we are back to 2016 levels of anyone who isn't part of the horsewomen not mattering.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
SmackDown

Uncofirmed reports this may have been a wrestling show. Not sure

Roman talked for 15 minutes about beating everyone and telling Lesnar to come out to the ring
Commercial break
Roman still in the ring talking

quote:

Lesnar's music hit to a big reaction.

Lesnar jumped in the ring and avoided Reigns with the belt. Lesnar sent Reigns to the floor, and they briefly brawled. Lesnar took over and tossed Reigns into the steps. Lensar and Heyman had a brief staredown.

Lesnar rocked Reigns with the steps and cleared the announce table. Lesnar set up for the F-5 through the table, but The Usos and referees ran out. Lesnar beat down The Usos but Reigns recovered. Lesnar pushed Reigns into the ring post to regain control. He grabbed the camera from the cameraman and threw it at Reigns. Reigns avoided, and Lesnar snapped. He attacked the referees and officials, so Adam Pearce sent down a bunch of wrestlers to stop him.

Lesnar beat down Angel Garza and Humberto Carrillo. However, Cesaro, Rick Boogs, and Ivar convinced Lesnar to stop. Lensar jumped in the ring and posed with the Universal title to end the segment.
Adam Pearce makes a huge mistake
https://streamja.com/OBK0o

Drew was backstage telling Sonya he is issuing an open challenge

Superstar gets a new theme HOW loving DARE THEY?!
Drew beats Sami

The coronation of King Xavier Woods
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/qdun0p/smackdown_spoilers_the_coronation_of_king_xavier/

They promoted the upcoming debut of Xia Li.
Mansoor defeated Mustafa Ali (2:36)

Hit Row's entrance
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/qduuqg/smackdown_spoilers_hit_rows_entrance/
Hit Row defeated Local Jobbers (1:17)

quote:

In the back, Kayla Braxton interviewed Sonya Deville. She noted Adam Pearce isn't doing good after Brock Lesnar attacked him earlier. Deville noted Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair exchange belts later, which could get out of control.

Happy Corbin defeated Shinsuke Nakamura (9:18)

quote:

Nakamura ran wild and hit a knee in the corner for a two-count. Corbin avoided the Kinshasa and slammed Nakamura face-first for a near fall. Boogs played his guitar, and Nakamura fired up again. Nakamura went for the Kinshasa, but Moss grabbed Boogs' guitar to cause a distraction.

Nakamura went after Boogs, but Corbin took advantage and hit the End of Days for the win.

quote:

Neither woman seems particularly in a hurry to hand her title over, but after a long beat Flair takes her title off.

Lynch tries to yank it out of her hands but Charlotte drops it, leading Sonya to pick it up and try to exchange it. Becky throws the SmackDown title at her, Flair picks it up and holds it high before saying if she wants to be Becky Two Belts so bad, why not winner takes all tonight?

Enter Sasha Banks.

She says she runs the blue brand and Flair mocks her for feeling left out.

Lynch says she’s gonna go to Raw and let them figure it out and she’ll see one of them for Survivor Series.

Becky asks Charlotte if she’s jealous, and title or no title, she’s the Boss around here. Flair mocks her some more, a brawl breaks out, Charlotte blocks the lungblower and runs away! Sasha with Meteora off the apron, Sonya Deville breaks it up!

I think the rough estimate is 19 minutes of wrestling matches

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 23, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Kinda weird how when Becky won the smackdown title so many reviewers called it "gettng her title back" when she was actually raw champ. I guess in a roundabout way that was true, just a casual swap.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blaise330 posted:

They coulda avoided this permanently in 2016 by not naming the new titles "The Smackdown X". I dunno what you'd name a second pair of tag titles tho.

I mean… Universal Tag Team Championship. Universal Women’s Championship….

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Digital Jedi posted:

I think the rough estimate is 19 minutes of wrestling matches

Vinny Ru's back, bro

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Astro7x posted:

I mean… Universal Tag Team Championship. Universal Women’s Championship….

Survivor Series, the one time of year the world and the universe go head to head

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wrestling is about telling a story and in any story there’s a good guy and bad guy. In wrestling, the good guy is a “face” and bad guy is a “heel”. 95%of the time the heel will usually win their match by means of cheating, or something atrocious! That’s the point! We get sooo caught up that we forget that apart of wrestling is telling a story!!!! And most stories never go the way we want! Understand that these are professionals doing their job to convey the stories being written, whether they are lovely or not!

We also forget that it’s a business and baby money is money! Please remember that the Brock Lesnar/Roman Reigns story is one that has been being told for yearssss!!! Roman decided that I truly have issues beating you cleanly, so he kept his family in his back pocket as a means to win against an opponent he could barely beat cleanly as a good guy. So if you ask me, great ending! Paul still needs to be addressed but this is one of the best stories I have seen in sports entertainment in a good while. Even my boy Xavier Woods winning King of The Ring - he’s beyond deserving but this man is running up WWE’s YouTube views with his gaming channel. Again, money is money!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wwe is the best

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
So its Charlotte vs Sasha for the 10th time. And we're back to nakamura vs corbin. Why does this roster feel so tiny

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/righteousreg/status/1451734855083986949?s=21

Lol.

Lmao even.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blaise330 posted:

So its Charlotte vs Sasha for the 10th time. And we're back to nakamura vs corbin. Why does this roster feel so tiny

Because they have 200 people spread across 4 brands because

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Least Sasha and Charlotte are both heels this time, that's new

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Did PAC vs Andrade singlehanded let go longer than all of the wrestling on Smackdown?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Woods's coronation looked fun. So that was nice.

I am assuming that this was the carrot they are dangling in front of him, so he will stay and WWE can keep their cut of the sweet UUDD Merch money, (would that be a lot, or no? I seriously don't know.)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Lord of Hats posted:

Did PAC vs Andrade singlehanded let go longer than all of the wrestling on Smackdown?

close prolly yeah, they started at 41 after

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Lord of Hats posted:

My rough count is 16:17

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I'll say it, the KotR coronation segment was boring and way too long. I don't care how badly Xavier wanted to be KotR or how cool he is. Give me more matches. The best women's division in the world had 0 matches tonight.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

mooseinfants posted:

I'll say it, the KotR coronation segment was boring and way too long. I don't care how badly Xavier wanted to be KotR or how cool he is. Give me more matches. The best women's division in the world had 0 matches tonight.

I expected some kind of payoff or pageantry. Two dudes loving around with a bunch of props was...not good.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Renaissance Spam posted:

I expected some kind of payoff or pageantry.

Lmao why

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Blaise330 posted:

Cause WWE has like 300 wrestlers but books like they only have 10

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Renaissance Spam posted:

I expected some kind of payoff or pageantry.

You do remember which sports "entertainment" company this is, right?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Almost entirely because it's the New Day and I remember them doing neat fun stuff that popped the crowd back in the day.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

mooseinfants posted:

Well, yeah, Impact airs on Thursdays.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Vandar posted:

The WWE has gone too far.

They changed Sami's entrance music.

THOSE BASTARDS TOOK HIS SKA.

maybe theres more after the first 10-15 seconds but that is the most generic music i have ever heard. jesus christ wwe's new music team is the absolute pits, dont know what you got til its gone with cfo$ tell you what

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

shiksa posted:

maybe theres more after the first 10-15 seconds but that is the most generic music i have ever heard. jesus christ wwe's new music team is the absolute pits, dont know what you got til its gone with cfo$ tell you what

that's what i was thinking. generic as gently caress, just like their titan trons

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Meanwhile in AEW BBT would license something by, I dunno, Less than Jake or Goldfinger.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Nah, Reel Big Fish. Niche enough for the enthusiasts, mainstream enough that folks know a song or two even if they don't know the band.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My Town by Buck-O-Nine.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Pylons posted:

My Town by Buck-O-Nine.

Oh drat good one.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Was Zelina even on the show

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I want to see someone use the Streetlight Manifesto version of Keasbey Nights as a theme but I have no idea who it would fit the best

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1451748167108763650?t=arAL_NzsIs6IdQnjuH83Tw&s=19

Yes in general, but people are speculating this is on account of that belt exchange segment

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

On one hand having not expecting talent that flew back from Saudia Arabia yesterday to do long matches is a good thing. OTOH WWE still has a deep enough roster it could of actually had real matches

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

cauliflower jones posted:

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1451748167108763650?t=arAL_NzsIs6IdQnjuH83Tw&s=19

Yes in general, but people are speculating this is on account of that belt exchange segment

Considering this got posted 11 minutes after the end of the TV show he appeared on today, I would assume it had to do with the excellent match he had with another wrestler who was unhappy with his treatment in WWF, and an exciting post-match angle with a third wrestler who the company fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

On one hand having not expecting talent that flew back from Saudia Arabia yesterday to do long matches is a good thing. OTOH WWE still has a deep enough roster it could of actually had real matches

Plus they had all the new talent from the draft and could have done some segments to get them into the mix but instead did 2 rematches.