Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't think he was actually punched in The Hog. The horizontal panel has him being struck in the stomach, and the final panel just has a nice censoring purple :orb: because the jaggahog deserves only elegant screen time. The next punch/flick hasn't connected yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I was excited to see Incubus' cool sword move but this is good too.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I'll be honest what I'm excited about with Incubus is that Maya is going to try to kill him and Allison is inexplicably (to her) going to try to support Inky, because as much of a trash boy as he is, he's dealt with her fairly and directly, saved her life multiple times, and while he's an rear end in a top hat at this point I think it's fair to say he's her rear end in a top hat mentor.

Maya has also saved her life once but the math is still on Incubus' side.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Nilbop posted:

Abaddon I don’t know if you read this thread anymore my man but holy poo poo you are incredible dude. Just big-boy-pants incredible. I loving love this poo poo.

It's not just the kung fu emperor dickpunching a god either though :iia:

It's little things too, like how utterly exhausted Incubus is, and that panel of him raising his sword against the oncoming storm :kiss:

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Xand_Man posted:

It's little things too, like how utterly exhausted Incubus is, and that panel of him raising his sword against the oncoming storm :kiss:

for me it's half the fact that the above is not only accurate but arguably the simplest and most coherent way to discuss it, and half oscar's loving dope little song about wine and murder

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Yeah I said I was a bit bored with some of the space island fight but Abbadon was right in that I got very invested again shortly afterwards, this is good poo poo

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Brought To You By posted:

Ok good, I wasn't the only one confused by IMMORTAL SLAYERS OF TEMPLE ART FORBIDDEN

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: IMMORTAL SLAYERS OF TEMPLE ART FORBIDDEN

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Xand_Man posted:

I noticed Allison and Cio covering their ears against Dave's sonic boom while Incubus dgaf because Head of John's protection presumably extends to his eardrums as well.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't think he was actually punched in The Hog. The horizontal panel has him being struck in the stomach, and the final panel just has a nice censoring purple :orb: because the jaggahog deserves only elegant screen time. The next punch/flick hasn't connected yet.

Yeah, he's not been finger-punched in the dick. Operant's a bit mad about people not getting this, man worked hard on this panel.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

YaketySass posted:

Yeah, he's not been finger-punched in the dick. Operant's a bit mad about people not getting this, man worked hard on this panel.

I didn't actually think he did but dickpunching is funny

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

rannum posted:

so anime i read the attack name right to left and was very confused

I did the exact same thing. Couldn't understand it for a second.

I wonder if this will actually set back Jagganoth a bit and give Dave a second of hope before he burns himself out and dies.

Thundarr posted:

Dave whips out the most anime punchman of limit breaks, Destroy Myself To Punch Harder. Unfortunately for him that move never actually defeats the other guy, but punching Jagg into another dimension will probably buy Allison and Cio some time to run away.

Gonna win the Vegeta Memorial Award of doing something really cool and then finding out in the afterlife that it didn't even work.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 23, 2021

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I can't decide whether Solomon David immolating himself to give the others like three seconds of extra time before Jagganoth tears through again is very prideful or very not prideful. Does he even care or is he just in "stupid dog, you made me look bad" mode?

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

packetmantis posted:

Does he even care or is he just in "stupid dog, you made me look bad" mode?

"That's it! I'm focusin' me atum!"

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Don't Ask posted:

So all the people that were crowding around ol' Dave were completely obliterated, right?
Also really digging the shockwaves in the second page.

For this kind of power it's not enough to destroy yourself, you must consume your entire bloodline, your entire kingdom

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

IMJack posted:

For this kind of power it's not enough to destroy yourself, you must consume your entire bloodline, your entire kingdom

making yourself permanently infertile to deliver the ultimate nut-punch

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

packetmantis posted:

I can't decide whether Solomon David immolating himself to give the others like three seconds of extra time before Jagganoth tears through again is very prideful or very not prideful. Does he even care or is he just in "stupid dog, you made me look bad" mode?

I think he's on "if I kill myself, then TECHNICALLY nobody was able to beat me!" mode

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly, I think the woman last page's recriminations kicked him into "Even if it's futile, this is my final duty, after everything I promised and failed"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3tkaVcYgPA

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

:hmmyes:

also, looks like I accidentally called it:

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Why doesn't Salami Dave open a portal to the poo poo Planet Of Nothing But Rocks, toss big J through it then go nuts on him in safety?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Tendales posted:

Next update is everyone standing motionless, staring in awe at what just happened, for 7 consecutive panels. Except in panels 4 and 5 Maya just kind of saunters up and lops Inky's head off without anyone noticing.

It's a reaction shot of all the demiurges, Maya, Allison and Cio.

First we see Allison, cowering in awe and Cio, very afraid.
A shot of Incubus, lowering his blade.
Both halves of the head of Mammon, staring dead-eyed into the dirt.
Jadis, unmoving as always.
Maya readying her blade to strike Incubus.
A mass of worms letting loose on a random city.
Some smears of blood we can only assume is Mottom.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:thunk:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I have no idea what this is.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

NachtSieger posted:

I have no idea what this is.

Some dude burning himself out using martial arts bullshit to achieve immediate power against a a vastly superior foe.

Also one of the only good parts of the final bits of naruto.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Helllll yeah

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
God grief

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Some dude burning himself out using martial arts bullshit to achieve immediate power against a a vastly superior foe.

Also one of the only good parts of the final bits of naruto.

p sure this idea in anime/manga is super common, right?

like it's the kaioken or whatever from dragonball, or like 'unleash my inhibitors' and poo poo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mazerunner posted:

p sure this idea in anime/manga is super common, right?

like it's the kaioken or whatever from dragonball, or like 'unleash my inhibitors' and poo poo.

Oh absolutely, its as common as air. Its just the framing (both the wording and art of it) reminded me of Night Guy.
Both are ultimate forbidden martial arts bullshit that literally burn you from the inside out by unlocking your energy/chakra channels, the immense speed of the technique and the smoke trail/shockwave it leaves, and the absolute certainty that it will not work and the person doing it is already dead.

Just drawing parallels

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Oct 23, 2021

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
I think this is also pretty damning because why didn't Solomon David pull this move out sooner? I can only assume it was a combination of arrogance that he thought he wouldn't need to use it against Jagganoth and also not being willing to sacrifice himself.

If you really cared about your people and the society you built, wouldn't you sacrifice everything to protect it? Or is it the case that David literally can't imagine his legacy enduring without him actively standing over it?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a chaos dunk????

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Why would he kill himself at the beginning? They've had faith for thousands of years that their combined strength and desperation would be enough to defeat Jagganoth, they probably believed they could at some level until it immediately became obvious that they weren't prepared.

The comic's incredible. Hope Maya makes her appearance soon!

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Nilbop posted:

Abaddon I don’t know if you read this thread anymore my man but holy poo poo you are incredible dude. Just big-boy-pants incredible. I loving love this poo poo.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
He thinks his people need him. He can't just sacrifice himself to defeat the big bad because that would just as surely doom them and he is irreplaceable.

Him getting over that idea and doing this is actually a pretty big character moment, like Mottom's was.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
POW, right in the pisser! POW, right in the pisser! POW, right in the pisser! POW, right in the pisser! POW, right in the pisser! POW, right in the pisser!

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Wait it's not Forbidden, it's foribbden.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Joe Slowboat posted:

I'll be honest what I'm excited about with Incubus is that Maya is going to try to kill him and Allison is inexplicably (to her) going to try to support Inky, because as much of a trash boy as he is, he's dealt with her fairly and directly, saved her life multiple times, and while he's an rear end in a top hat at this point I think it's fair to say he's her rear end in a top hat mentor.

Maya has also saved her life once but the math is still on Incubus' side.

If Maya strikes, she's going to do it without hesitation this time and there's no way Allison will even be aware of what's happening before the deed is done.

Then Maya is gonna have to deal with the fact that she wins, but stinky boy's obnoxious severed head is going to annoy her for the rest of time.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Thundarr posted:

If Maya strikes, she's going to do it without hesitation this time and there's no way Allison will even be aware of what's happening before the deed is done.

Then Maya is gonna have to deal with the fact that she wins, but stinky boy's obnoxious severed head is going to annoy her for the rest of time.

If anything other than Jaggs can break a Head of John, it'd be the Maybe Sword.

GlyphGryph posted:

He thinks his people need him. He can't just sacrifice himself to defeat the big bad because that would just as surely doom them and he is irreplaceable.

Him getting over that idea and doing this is actually a pretty big character moment, like Mottom's was.

Yeah, good on Solomon David for finally realizing that the people are more important than he is. He and Mottom both had fantastic arcs.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Shoehead posted:

God grief

:golfclap:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Also props to Incubus. When staring down certain death or at least having his body crushed as his immortal head becomes Jagganoth's newest piercing (I won't begin to guess where) he had the gumption to just laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, good on Solomon David for finally realizing that the people are more important than he is. He and Mottom both had fantastic arcs.

It took him just about losing everything to realise it though. Little bit of growth. Baby steps.

You know, right before he dies in a blaze of fury.