Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It really makes me annoyed at the LGB (and T, apparently) people who fall for this poo poo. Like you surely must know they're coming for you if they get their way here. Is temporary membership of their lovely loving journo club really worth the extra stress? If you don't like people calling you a twat on twitter about it you can just get better loving opinions but no it's always "people saying they don't like my stance is actually literally the holocaust"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

So... In the event of a total society breakdown and possible apocalypse, his electronic currency that is available on his computer that runs on electricity and connects to the world wide internet is how he plans to purchase things when there is no power or internet anymore due to civilization falling.

At least the gold hoarding idiots have actual gold to trade.

Amusingly enough, a lot of the gold hoarding idiots don’t even have the gold. They just have a slip of paper that says “you totally own $500 worth of gold and we’re good for that, promise.”

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm making no statement posting this

something something nuance or whatever

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1451980092536676362

Edit: turns out the author is real. Her opinion is still bad tho

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 00:35 on Oct 24, 2021

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Are these from the gal that performed in Axis of Awesome? I think I remember seeing them on her twitter, she rules.

Yeah, they're hers.
https://twitter.com/JordanRasko/status/1303906657655689217

She does, in fact, rule.
https://twitter.com/jordanrasko/status/1367677410255142914

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

What does Archaeopterace represent?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ultrafilter posted:

Ace I think (asexual)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ultrafilter posted:

Asexuality

And Archaeopteryx

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Of course. I thought it might be that but for some reason it just wasn't clicking.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Kit Walker posted:

Amusingly enough, a lot of the gold hoarding idiots don’t even have the gold. They just have a slip of paper that says “you totally own $500 worth of gold and we’re good for that, promise.”

So gold is an NFT?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I really like spinosaurus as the base for the non-binary pun because the thing about spinosaurus is that every year or so some paleontologist will come out with another proposed model for whether it walked on two legs or four or if it was mostly aquatic like a crocodile or if it was a more land-based predator, or what the huge spine on its back was for and what it might have looked like. It's straight up a huge mystery that continues to defy categorisation and I love it.

This just in: I am a hopeless nerd who never grew out of their "i love dinosaurs and can name all of them" stage at age four.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

RoboRodent posted:

This just in: I am a hopeless nerd who never grew out of their "i love dinosaurs and can name all of them" stage at age four.

:same:

I'm glad there's at least one other person here that appreciates Spinosaurus reconstruction memes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OwlFancier posted:

It really makes me annoyed at the LGB (and T, apparently) people who fall for this poo poo. Like you surely must know they're coming for you if they get their way here. Is temporary membership of their lovely loving journo club really worth the extra stress? If you don't like people calling you a twat on twitter about it you can just get better loving opinions but no it's always "people saying they don't like my stance is actually literally the holocaust"

yea it makes me incredibly sad and genuinely a bit worried about how fleeting our rights can be, because these terf freaks literally use the exact same moral panic poo poo that we SHOULD remember all the anti-gay people did just like, ten years ago in the mainstream! Like yea I don't think Atwood and Rowling and all have some deep secret crypto-fash game they're playing but I do think they're loving morons using talking points that can easily be turned against a lot of other 'undesirable' types and the people they support who want to make these panics codified rules are for the most part the same people who happily made rules against queer people of all stripes when it was more acceptable.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mak0rz posted:

I'm making no statement posting this

something something nuance or whatever

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1451980092536676362

Welp here's a masterclass on owning yourself (me obviously)

Ah well I deserved it tbh

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Live rounds were on set because they are cheaper than dummies. Any gun can chamber a blank of the same caliber; semi autos will often have an element welded into the barrel to create the proper forces for operation. Even in those, a live round can be fired, too. They make specialty blank guns for theatrical use that use a very specific blank that isn't a real caliber.

Modified guns are expensive; unmodified are cheaper. This was also a period piece, meaning it would be mostly revolvers, which need no modification for blanks, live fire, or wax bullets.

Lee was killed when they poured the powder out of a round, reseat the Ogive, and then used it as a dummy round. The primer pushed the bullet into the barrel of the revolver, no one checked (you wouldn't think to unless you were paying specific attention) and the next 1/4 blank propelled it with enough velocity to shoot Lee. (That's from memory, correct me if I am wrong)

The Actor is NOT a safety. This isnt a range, or shooting competition. He is expected to rake a prop, and follow the script. It is supposed to be the crew that are multiple levels of safety. The shot called for it to be down the barrel- to get that shot (and watch for it- it's in A LOT) you have to violate multiple safety rules. The more a weapon is handled by the unqualified, the more likely an accident, which is part of the reason you don't let actors gently caress with them. What is supposed to happen is he handed the prop, he does the scene, he hands it back. He is not qualified to be administratively loving with guns.This was negligence. Stupid negligence on the part of the prop dept/armorer/weaponsmaster to save money.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It keeps getting worse. From The Guardian:

quote:

According to the search warrant application, the gun used was one of three that Gutierrez Reed had laid down outside the wooden structure where a scene was being filmed. Assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, apparently unaware it was loaded with live rounds.

It remains unclear how many shots were fired or how a live round came to be placed in the revolver. The assistant director “did not know live rounds were in the prop gun”, the affidavit said.

Many actors bring their own gun loader to productions to ensure against accidents.

Gutierrez Reed, Rust’s head armourer, is the daughter of a western movie veteran, Thell Reed. She had reportedly expressed doubts about her competence while working in the lead armourer role for the first time on the Nicolas Cage movie The Old Way.

“You know, I was really nervous about it at first, and I almost didn’t take the job because I wasn’t sure if I was ready … but, doing it, like, it went really smoothly,” she said last month on a podcast, Voices of the West.

On an emergency services 911 recording obtained by online tabloid TMZ, a woman who identifies herself as the script supervisor, Mamie Mitchell, can be heard blaming another set worker.

“OK, this loving [bleep] that yelled at me at lunch asking about revisions, this motherfucker,” she says. “Did you see him lean over my desk and yell at me? He’s supposed to check the guns. He’s responsible for what happened.”
Boldface mine.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

What a loving clown show.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

As a Gunsmith whose former profession was guns, I can't imagine not having a person on site whose SOLE JOB is Safety Officer. It boggles my mind that after the numerous theatrical deaths caused by lack of a safety on sets, that the insurance companies wouldn't require one.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It keeps getting worse. From The Guardian:

Boldface mine.

Yeah just go grab a gun from the gun pile out back, pretty sure none of those got any bullets in em

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

My "The gun pile is perfectly safe" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

With the addition of "gatekeeping is good actually" you fuckin nailed it

Yeah, total "unless you give Michael Bailey a handjob you shouldn't get hormones :mad:" vibes

I bet $5 she unironically calls herself HSTS

What does HSTS mean?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skwirl posted:

What does HSTS mean?

Hubble Space TelescopeSexual?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RoboRodent posted:

I got them from here. I'm not really familiar with Axis of Awesome so I couldn't tell you.

Jordan Raskopoulos is an Australian national treasure and a goon and more people should know more about her.

https://twitter.com/jordanrasko?lang=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Raskopoulos

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

to be fair, while the twitter account is an obvious troll created after the article's spread, it's likely the writer of the article is real
https://twitter.com/RealDJCthulhu/status/1451988407220150273

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Eh looks like I have egg on my face too because the author has been promoted from "possibly fake person with lovely opinions" to "definitely real person with lovely opinions"

https://twitter.com/JessicaVT76/status/1452003533364940801

She and her article still suck though

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Seth Pecksniff posted:

"Trans woman" no longer means what it did. It no longer refers exclusively to an individual who has gone through therapy, hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgeries. This presents a greater risk to women in certain areas and it is reasonable to discuss these issues and come up with solutions and safeguards to prevent abuses and minimize risks to women's safety and infringements on their rights.

Worthless TERF garbage.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Improbable Lobster posted:

Worthless TERF garbage.

no see a trans woman who doesn't choose to have surgery is actually super safe and never the victim of crimes and discrimination, so those uppity broads are coasting on...trans...oppression????

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

bulletsponge13 posted:

As a Gunsmith whose former profession was guns, I can't imagine not having a person on site whose SOLE JOB is Safety Officer. It boggles my mind that after the numerous theatrical deaths caused by lack of a safety on sets, that the insurance companies wouldn't require one.

As far as guns (and I think knives and swords maybe?) it's called the armorer. Whoops. The other person responsible for safety on the set is the First Assistant Director (pdf). That would almost certainly have been the person yelling for script revisions. The pieces fit all too well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Has there actually ever been a case of someone who presents as male claiming to be female in order to get into a women's bathroom and rape someone?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Skwirl posted:

Has there actually ever been a case of someone who presents as male claiming to be female in order to get into a women's bathroom and rape someone?

I mean I'm sure in the literal sense somewhere on earth that has to have happened, sure, but no there was never, say, more of that than just 'normal' cis guys going in bathrooms to do bad poo poo without any pretense or facade.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
There is one person on my twitter feed talking about furries cumming on a pizza at a con and despite the fact that there is a surprisingly rich breadth of discourse on twitter today regarding terfs and guns it's all my eyes are drawn towards.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

So gold is an NFT?

No, because you literally get a printed sheet of paper to say you own that gold, whereas nfts are entirely electronic. You get the lovely feeling of holding that paper going MWAHAHAHAHHA LIBTARDS I'M GONNA LIVE LIKE A KING WHEN THE WORLD GOES TA poo poo! That itself is worth at least a dollar of that gold you totally just bought.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

I mean I'm sure in the literal sense somewhere on earth that has to have happened, sure, but no there was never, say, more of that than just 'normal' cis guys going in bathrooms to do bad poo poo without any pretense or facade.

I just figured it would be such a sensationalist story it'd be all over tabloids if it had ever actually happened.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

There is one person on my twitter feed talking about furries cumming on a pizza at a con and despite the fact that there is a surprisingly rich breadth of discourse on twitter today regarding terfs and guns it's all my eyes are drawn towards.

yeah i wasnt sure whether to post the furry cum pizza discourse here or the AUG thread, but i figured at least AUG know what they're getting into

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I think... TERFs also definitely don't realize there are absolutely violent sexual offenders in women's prisons already because cis women are not actually necessarily safer to be around (to say nothing about potential prison guard abuse!)

I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who commit monstrous sexual offenses but I think they should be sent to the correct prisons for their gender identity and that prisons need to be set up already to filter out violent abusers from vulnerable people without just throwing people in solitary for their entire sentence, which is literal torture. TERFs using violent offenders that happen to be trans as a gotcha is ignoring the context of what prisons are actually for and how that's going to work.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

My girlfriend is halfway round the world for her dad's birthday and it makes me very much more sad and lonely than I thought it was. After a day of Mostly Posting this made me cackle like a maniac so thanks. Also please tell the furries to stop cumming on peoples' food.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

As far as insurance companies go, there have actually been surprisingly few (relative to the number of guns fired on movie/TV sets) fatal shootings. Jon-Erik Hexum, Brandon Lee, a guy on a Cecil B. De Mille movie. Rundown in the Guardian.

I tend to suspect that no insurance company has lost a sack of money on an on-set shooting yet. If Baldwin had gotten shot, that might have been different. (I am not endorsing Baldwin's being shot. That's a hypothetical.)

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I can't find it but the first tweet I saw on opening twitter today was like "are you telling me nobody even ate it after all that effort went in to making a 17-loads-of-cum pizza!?!?" and ever since that moment I have felt like a penguin Werner Herzog is watching wander aimlessly around the tundra.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Arsenic Lupin posted:

As far as insurance companies go, there have actually been surprisingly few (relative to the number of guns fired on movie/TV sets) fatal shootings. Jon-Erik Hexum, Brandon Lee, a guy on a Cecil B. De Mille movie. Rundown in the Guardian.

I tend to suspect that no insurance company has lost a sack of money on an on-set shooting yet. If Baldwin had gotten shot, that might have been different. (I am not endorsing Baldwin's being shot. That's a hypothetical.)

I think the only gun related incident that happened during the matrix, with the INCREDIBLE amount of gunplay in that film, was the scene where Neo is hiding behind a pillar in a lobby, and when he steps out to go gently caress up the cops he slips on podium debris and eats poo poo.

https://i.imgur.com/ck3wxEp.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My girlfriend is halfway round the world for her dad's birthday and it makes me very much more sad and lonely than I thought it was. After a day of Mostly Posting this made me cackle like a maniac so thanks. Also please tell the furries to stop cumming on peoples' food.

Furries should be allowed to cum on they own pizza. What they did afterwards, putting it out in a hallway for the janitor to find, was absolutely not OK though.